uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#26 2023-01-17 03:33:58

CrytoCynthia

Re: A compilation of reasons and arguments why one should be anonymous.

Although I think if one has been guilt of financial issues or is a know law breaker they person should be deprived of the right to anonymity in cryptocurrency although this isn’t possible.

#27 2023-01-17 04:47:01

Lanistergame2

CrytoCynthia;3349 wrote:

Although I think if one has been guilt of financial issues or is a know law breaker they person should be deprived of the right to anonymity in cryptocurrency although this isn’t possible.

This is an outlier and does not constitute the majority of privacy users. This exact point is the argument most have against privacy and financial freedom, with the governments acting like the moral police to scrutinize everyone while in reality each system is corrupt and having some sort of anonymity to the fiat system is beneficial.

We cannot pick and choose who gets to be anonymous and as such cannot exempt anyone, except they are already known criminals.

#28 2023-01-17 22:52:01

thrive

full;2865 wrote:
thrive;2559 wrote:
full;2522 wrote:

This reminds the story of a rich family that once sue Google for revealing their family privacy information to the public when the person to blame was them because they never take their seriously.
The major concept of privacy is liberation from all angles.

This is a funny story and I am sure the rich family wins the case no matter how powerful they because the Google Search engine is a fully-automated engine that uses web crawlers and it does is explore the available data online and provides it as the result to keyword use to search.
The rich are the ones to be blamed for making their private information linked by not using privacy services.

Yes, the rich family lost the case. Apart from that, for a variety of reasons, I think that people should maintain their anonymity no matter what because the freedom to express themselves without worrying about retaliation or humiliation is crucial, and also have secure transactions.

Until all people understand that privacy coins or services aren't just for people who are into criminal or unlawful activities there be only a few people who will make use of privacy but we just have to play our own role by making people understand that privacy activities are not about negative action is the right of everybody.

#29 2023-01-18 17:24:17

Lanistergame2

thrive;3442 wrote:

Until all people understand that privacy coins or services aren't just for people who are into criminal or unlawful activities there be only a few people who will make use of privacy but we just have to play our own role by making people understand that privacy activities are not about negative action is the right of everybody.

I do not see everyone getting on board the idea of privacy, particularly the older generation who have lived most of their lives with intrusive governments. We can only create more awareness to the reasoning behind privacy and how the data hoarders are the real foes in this case.

Crypto users especially should care much about staying private and transacting anonymously.

#30 2023-01-18 18:21:33

full

thrive;3442 wrote:

You have a point and there's an old saying that said, you can only take a horse to the stream but you can not force it to drink water. We can't force that sees privacy as something that has to do with illicit but they will understand the benefit of privacy after they are victims of hackers.

#31 2023-01-19 15:04:48

CrytoCynthia

Guys there are still some people that have their own personal hate for Anonymity, I was just wondering what you guys think about the opportunity that anonymity offers and what are its negative side.

#32 2023-01-20 18:42:43

joanna

CrytoCynthia;3574 wrote:

Guys there are still some people that have their own personal hate for Anonymity, I was just wondering what you guys think about the opportunity that anonymity offers and what are its negative side.

Things liked or enjoyed by one person may be distasteful to another. That's the logical truth about life and we can't force those that have personal hate for anonymity.
I dont see any negative side of anonymity if it is not about illicit.

#33 2023-01-20 19:04:28

level

joanna;3675 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;3574 wrote:

Things liked or enjoyed by one person may be distasteful to another. That's the logical truth about life and we can't force those that have personal hate for anonymity.
I dont see any negative side of anonymity if it is not about illicit.

Of course, everything that has advantages will always have disadvantages and the negative side of anonymity I know is avoiding getting into trouble with the law.
Therefore, it's better to know the viewpoint of your government when it comes to anonymity and if you know how to play cards right there's no need for anything like that.

#34 2023-01-20 20:50:25

Lanistergame2

joanna;3675 wrote:

Things liked or enjoyed by one person may be distasteful to another. That's the logical truth about life and we can't force those that have personal hate for anonymity.<br />I dont see any negative side of anonymity if it is not about illicit.

It is perfectly fine to not be interested in anonymity personally and it is up to the person to chose how they wish to use the internet, but they should not criminalize those who do wish to maintain their anonymity and to not have their identity easily found on the internet.

This is particular with governments and government agencies who make it difficult for citizens to retain their freedom and privacy.

#35 2023-01-20 22:27:14

Kelechi

Lanistergame2;3735 wrote:
joanna;3675 wrote:

Things liked or enjoyed by one person may be distasteful to another. That's the logical truth about life and we can't force those that have personal hate for anonymity.<br />I dont see any negative side of anonymity if it is not about illicit.

It is perfectly fine to not be interested in anonymity personally and it is up to the person to chose how they wish to use the internet, but they should not criminalize those who do wish to maintain their anonymity and to not have their identity easily found on the internet.

This is particular with governments and government agencies who make it difficult for citizens to retain their freedom and privacy.

Anonymity is a choice and it's optional, but after checking out all the risk and disaster on the internet then you would realize that anonymity is necessary.

#36 2023-01-21 21:12:47

Lanistergame2

Kelechi;3773 wrote:

Anonymity is a choice and it's optional, but after checking out all the risk and disaster on the internet then you would realize that anonymity is necessary.

Most definitely. Most do not know the value of data and how it can be used and abused and as such give it up easily in exchange for access to use certain sites and platforms.
Others give it up to apply for certain airdrops and random bounties putting their information at risk of getting to the dark web.

#37 2023-01-24 17:09:28

CrytoCynthia

Guys how is The EU handling the regulations drama, and I was wondering if there is any possibility that the EU would place regulations on Cryptocurrency how would this affect the Utopia p2p ecosystem?

#38 2023-01-27 15:22:41

Detroit

KAMSI_UG;3182 wrote:

It’s not far fetched that anyone would love to be anonymous especially in cryptocurrency. As some of us are experiencing governmental issues oj cryptocurrency. Anonymity can keep us safe from all that.

Anonymity is something that has come to stay. 
The can cry all they want. The only reason they are crying is that they can no longer frustrate innocent citizens.

#39 2023-01-28 23:49:19

thrive

CrytoCynthia;3796 wrote:

Guys how is The EU handling the regulations drama, and I was wondering if there is any possibility that the EU would place regulations on Cryptocurrency how would this affect the Utopia p2p ecosystem?

The EU world has already placed regulations on cryptocurrency although the law is not effective or strong in some areas. However, I don't see this affecting the Utopia p2p ecosystem since this is one of the problems the project was created to fix.

#40 2023-02-07 22:25:07

JONSNOWING

Well this should not be a debate I actually respect other people's position and that fine so let's stop forcing anonymity to another people. I have seen the value of anonymity on cryptocurrency and there is no going back.

#41 2023-02-08 16:24:34

KingCRP

JONSNOWING;5067 wrote:

Well this should not be a debate I actually respect other people's position and that fine so let's stop forcing anonymity to another people. I have seen the value of anonymity on cryptocurrency and there is no going back.

I believe if giving the right reasons everyone would actually see the point as to why Anonymity should not be looked down on, CRP Crypton offers that unbeatable anonymous utilities.

#42 2023-03-15 08:22:19

Camavinga

CrytoCynthia;3349 wrote:

It is not possible like you said, people use crypto for many reasons, even for crime, and that is the same way people also use fiat for many reasons, even for crime. So i don’t think anyone should be stopped in how they use crypto, if they want anonymity, then they should use decentralized ecosystem, and if they do not care about their privacy, they should use centralized ecosystems, but everyone should be free to do what works for them.

#43 2023-03-15 18:10:33

Lanistergame2

No one really has to explain why they want to remain anonymous and private, it is a right that everyone should have and be able to comfortably maintain without much hassles.

This is difficult to keep in the present day and age where data is now an invaluable asset and is wanted by different parties.

#44 2023-03-15 18:44:24

Cat

KAMSI_UG;3182 wrote:

It’s not far fetched that anyone would love to be anonymous especially in cryptocurrency. As some of us are experiencing governmental issues oj cryptocurrency. Anonymity can keep us safe from all that.

anonymity, as beautifully said. But how long can a utopia be able to provide us with anonymity? I think about 10 years

#45 2023-03-15 18:45:25

Cat

CrytoCynthia;3796 wrote:

of course, it seems to me that many large countries are going to use crypto, but I think they will not succeed immediately

#46 2023-03-15 19:55:30

KingCRP

If your identity information has ever been stolen and been used to scam people or even the government then you would understand the importance of anonymity. Many type of criminals are on the internet you won’t want to expose yourself to them.

#47 2023-03-15 20:33:46

KAMSI_UG

KingCRP;5600 wrote:

If your identity information has ever been stolen and been used to scam people or even the government then you would understand the importance of anonymity. Many type of criminals are on the internet you won’t want to expose yourself to them.

You are right mate I have seen people lose their passport details and all sensitive information to the wrong hands. Generally the internet should be decentralized for everyone’s safety.

#48 2023-03-17 23:33:51

joanna

KAMSI_UG;5605 wrote:
KingCRP;5600 wrote:

You are right mate I have seen people lose their passport details and all sensitive information to the wrong hands. Generally the internet should be decentralized for everyone’s safety.

It's not about a piece of individual information being used for scam activities or stolen guys. Every individual that makes use of an email like Gmail, Yahoo, etc is in danger. There's a site that can be used to track people all social media accounts with just the use of an email address.

#49 2023-03-18 12:30:07

Lanistergame2

CrytoCynthia;2960 wrote:

I would also be interested in this too mate but do you think such platforms exist,

Such platforms definitely exists, one just need to know the right places to look for them.

One I know of is Signal which is a privacy inclined version of whatsApp and ticks all the boxes you pointed out
Another is Bisq, which is a privacy oriented exchange which replaces centralized platforms.

I will update the thread as I get more.

#50 2023-03-18 14:44:38

Cat

Lanistergame2;5948 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>CrytoCynthia;2960 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>I would also be interested in this too mate but do you think such platforms exist,</p></div></blockquote></div><p>Such platforms definitely exists, one just need to know the right places to look for them.</p><p>One I know of is Signal which is a privacy inclined version of whatsApp and ticks all the boxes you pointed out<br />Another is Bisq, which is a privacy oriented exchange which replaces centralized platforms.</p><p>I will update the thread as I get more.</p>

are they really confidential ? or will they sell the database one day ?

Board footer