uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#151 2023-05-13 23:14:37

IyaJJJ
Member
Registered: 2023-01-25
Posts: 1,499

Re: channel for writers

Lanistergame2;8319 wrote:
KingCRP;8221 wrote:

Hey guys I just read a comment where someone was encouraging us to try taking responsibility for our mistakes so I was just wondering what are some of our biggest risk.

One of your biggest risks is saving your seed phrase on an online platform.  An example is iCloud, Gmails, etc. It can be hacked there. You should be able to write it out in a book and keep it safe somewhere.

Apart from it being hacked. Most of these online service providers like email and iCloud are centralized. For the record, every platform that centralized can be manipulated.

Offline

#152 2023-05-13 23:16:29

full
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 979

Re: channel for writers

IyaJJJ;8341 wrote:
Lanistergame2;8319 wrote:
KingCRP;8221 wrote:

Hey guys I just read a comment where someone was encouraging us to try taking responsibility for our mistakes so I was just wondering what are some of our biggest risk.

One of your biggest risks is saving your seed phrase on an online platform.  An example is iCloud, Gmails, etc. It can be hacked there. You should be able to write it out in a book and keep it safe somewhere.

Apart from it being hacked. Most of these online service providers like email and iCloud are centralized. For the record, every platform that centralized can be manipulated.

Your point is really genuine cause I have a friend who safe is cryptocurrency wallet information on Gmail and he was surprised that the fund in the wallet was moved which only be done by someone who has access to the wallet information.

Offline

#153 2023-05-13 23:18:10

IyaJJJ
Member
Registered: 2023-01-25
Posts: 1,499

Re: channel for writers

full;8342 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8341 wrote:
Lanistergame2;8319 wrote:

One of your biggest risks is saving your seed phrase on an online platform.  An example is iCloud, Gmails, etc. It can be hacked there. You should be able to write it out in a book and keep it safe somewhere.

Apart from it being hacked. Most of these online service providers like email and iCloud are centralized. For the record, every platform that centralized can be manipulated.

Your point is really genuine cause I have a friend who safe is cryptocurrency wallet information on Gmail and he was surprised that the fund in the wallet was moved which only be done by someone who has access to the wallet information.

If his wallet is not hacked then it's indeed the person that has access to the cryptocurrency wallet information through the email that's responsible for moving the crypto.

Offline

#154 2023-05-13 23:19:57

full
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 979

Re: channel for writers

IyaJJJ;8344 wrote:
full;8342 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8341 wrote:

Apart from it being hacked. Most of these online service providers like email and iCloud are centralized. For the record, every platform that centralized can be manipulated.

Your point is really genuine cause I have a friend who safe is cryptocurrency wallet information on Gmail and he was surprised that the fund in the wallet was moved which only be done by someone who has access to the wallet information.

If his wallet is not hacked then it's indeed the person that has access to the cryptocurrency wallet information through the email that's responsible for moving the crypto.

Can we say that there's the possibility that GMail has a backdoor operation that give them access to the information and their user email messages

Offline

#155 2023-05-13 23:21:22

thrive
Member
Registered: 2023-01-04
Posts: 1,919

Re: channel for writers

full;8345 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8344 wrote:
full;8342 wrote:

Your point is really genuine cause I have a friend who safe is cryptocurrency wallet information on Gmail and he was surprised that the fund in the wallet was moved which only be done by someone who has access to the wallet information.

If his wallet is not hacked then it's indeed the person that has access to the cryptocurrency wallet information through the email that's responsible for moving the crypto.

Can we say that there's the possibility that GMail has a backdoor operation that give them access to the information and their user email messages

Anything is possible when it come to online activity like this and this is the reason why people are advised never to safe their cryptocurrency wallet private information online.

Offline

#156 2023-05-13 23:22:50

IyaJJJ
Member
Registered: 2023-01-25
Posts: 1,499

Re: channel for writers

thrive;8346 wrote:
full;8345 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8344 wrote:

If his wallet is not hacked then it's indeed the person that has access to the cryptocurrency wallet information through the email that's responsible for moving the crypto.

Can we say that there's the possibility that GMail has a backdoor operation that give them access to the information and their user email messages

Anything is possible when it come to online activity like this and this is the reason why people are advised never to safe their cryptocurrency wallet private information online.

Apart from the possible back doors. Centralized messaging platform cant be trusted if they can sell the private information of people online to make billions every year there's nothing stoping from doing the same through email.

Offline

#157 2023-05-13 23:24:24

full
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 979

Re: channel for writers

IyaJJJ;8347 wrote:
thrive;8346 wrote:
full;8345 wrote:

Can we say that there's the possibility that GMail has a backdoor operation that give them access to the information and their user email messages

Anything is possible when it come to online activity like this and this is the reason why people are advised never to safe their cryptocurrency wallet private information online.

Apart from the possible back doors. Centralized messaging platform cant be trusted if they can sell the private information of people online to make billions every year there's nothing stoping from doing the same through email.

I guess this is the reason why most privacy enthusiast never use Gmail service when security and privacy is the best priority. Apart from Gmail i think we should be more careful online and use something like Utopia.

Offline

#158 2023-05-13 23:25:41

thrive
Member
Registered: 2023-01-04
Posts: 1,919

Re: channel for writers

full;8348 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8347 wrote:
thrive;8346 wrote:

Anything is possible when it come to online activity like this and this is the reason why people are advised never to safe their cryptocurrency wallet private information online.

Apart from the possible back doors. Centralized messaging platform cant be trusted if they can sell the private information of people online to make billions every year there's nothing stoping from doing the same through email.

I guess this is the reason why most privacy enthusiast never use Gmail service when security and privacy is the best priority. Apart from Gmail i think we should be more careful online and use something like Utopia.

Yes, that's the reason why privacy focus services is used by most privacy enthusiasts because of the mode the whole Google platform are operated.

Offline

#159 2023-05-13 23:27:08

IyaJJJ
Member
Registered: 2023-01-25
Posts: 1,499

Re: channel for writers

thrive;8349 wrote:
full;8348 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8347 wrote:

Apart from the possible back doors. Centralized messaging platform cant be trusted if they can sell the private information of people online to make billions every year there's nothing stoping from doing the same through email.

I guess this is the reason why most privacy enthusiast never use Gmail service when security and privacy is the best priority. Apart from Gmail i think we should be more careful online and use something like Utopia.

Yes, that's the reason why privacy focus services is used by most privacy enthusiasts because of the mode the whole Google platform are operated.

I agreed with you because the foundation of Google was built on selling or making private information of people available online and it can also be sell to th government just like previous Twitter admin did.

Offline

#160 2023-05-13 23:29:17

full
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 979

Re: channel for writers

IyaJJJ;8350 wrote:
thrive;8349 wrote:
full;8348 wrote:

I guess this is the reason why most privacy enthusiast never use Gmail service when security and privacy is the best priority. Apart from Gmail i think we should be more careful online and use something like Utopia.

Yes, that's the reason why privacy focus services is used by most privacy enthusiasts because of the mode the whole Google platform are operated.

I agreed with you because the foundation of Google was built on selling or making private information of people available online and it can also be sell to th government just like previous Twitter admin did.

That reminds me of when Elon Musk tweeted about the previous admin providing user information available to the government and I once categorized Twitter as a decent company but not anymore.

Offline

#161 2023-05-13 23:34:04

IyaJJJ
Member
Registered: 2023-01-25
Posts: 1,499

Re: channel for writers

full;8351 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8350 wrote:
thrive;8349 wrote:

Yes, that's the reason why privacy focus services is used by most privacy enthusiasts because of the mode the whole Google platform are operated.

I agreed with you because the foundation of Google was built on selling or making private information of people available online and it can also be sell to th government just like previous Twitter admin did.

That reminds me of when Elon Musk tweeted about the previous admin providing user information available to the government and I once categorized Twitter as a decent company but not anymore.

No centralized platform should be categorize as a decent platform because there's no way they will escape the government control and manipulation. Besides, the dev team involves will also abuse their power at some point.

Offline

#162 2023-05-14 03:28:33

joanna
Member
Registered: 2023-01-10
Posts: 2,146

Re: channel for writers

IyaJJJ;8352 wrote:
full;8351 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8350 wrote:

I agreed with you because the foundation of Google was built on selling or making private information of people available online and it can also be sell to th government just like previous Twitter admin did.

That reminds me of when Elon Musk tweeted about the previous admin providing user information available to the government and I once categorized Twitter as a decent company but not anymore.

No centralized platform should be categorize as a decent platform because there's no way they will escape the government control and manipulation. Besides, the dev team involves will also abuse their power at some point.

I supported what you said 100%. I think we should all say every centralized platform is the government's own business because they are somehow managed by the government.

Offline

#163 2023-05-14 03:31:04

level
Member
Registered: 2023-01-19
Posts: 1,224

Re: channel for writers

joanna;8364 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8352 wrote:
full;8351 wrote:

That reminds me of when Elon Musk tweeted about the previous admin providing user information available to the government and I once categorized Twitter as a decent company but not anymore.

No centralized platform should be categorize as a decent platform because there's no way they will escape the government control and manipulation. Besides, the dev team involves will also abuse their power at some point.

I supported what you said 100%. I think we should all say every centralized platform is the government's own business because they are somehow managed by the government.

Nevertheless, the bank crisis that happened in shows that all the centralized platform was indeed managed and controlled by the government because the US government take over the bankrupt bank to fix the issue.

Offline

#164 2023-05-14 17:43:23

KAMSI_UG
Member
Registered: 2022-12-26
Posts: 1,772

Re: channel for writers

level;8365 wrote:
joanna;8364 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8352 wrote:

No centralized platform should be categorize as a decent platform because there's no way they will escape the government control and manipulation. Besides, the dev team involves will also abuse their power at some point.

I supported what you said 100%. I think we should all say every centralized platform is the government's own business because they are somehow managed by the government.

Nevertheless, the bank crisis that happened in shows that all the centralized platform was indeed managed and controlled by the government because the US government take over the bankrupt bank to fix the issue.

The word centralized should be synonymous to slavery, everything centralized in channeled at taking away the freedom from someone and I don't think this should exist.

Offline

#165 2023-05-14 17:47:06

KingCRP
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 1,054

Re: channel for writers

I think the point of writers in this ecosystem is to write on issues such as the negativity centralization has on cryptocurrency in the long run, this would be the issues we are meant to be discussing here.

Offline

#166 2023-05-14 18:25:22

Kelechi
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 2,027

Re: channel for writers

KingCRP;8393 wrote:

I think the point of writers in this ecosystem is to write on issues such as the negativity centralization has on cryptocurrency in the long run, this would be the issues we are meant to be discussing here.

Well the point of writers in cryptocurrency is to write on several things on crypto-currency and not just about centralized, but it would be good to see such write up

Offline

#167 2023-05-14 18:26:21

KAMSI_UG
Member
Registered: 2022-12-26
Posts: 1,772

Re: channel for writers

Well going by what this channel writers group was going to be out was just to write and help people become good with English.

Offline

#168 2023-05-14 19:57:21

full
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 979

Re: channel for writers

IyaJJJ;8352 wrote:
full;8351 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8350 wrote:

I agreed with you because the foundation of Google was built on selling or making private information of people available online and it can also be sell to th government just like previous Twitter admin did.

That reminds me of when Elon Musk tweeted about the previous admin providing user information available to the government and I once categorized Twitter as a decent company but not anymore.

No centralized platform should be categorize as a decent platform because there's no way they will escape the government control and manipulation. Besides, the dev team involves will also abuse their power at some point.

Hmm, you're right and to avoid situation that could lead to the worse due to government control and manipulation of centralized platform it is good to use only a decentralized platform.

Offline

#169 2023-05-14 21:17:02

JONSNOWING
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 1,071

Re: channel for writers

So why has the push for a writing competition gone cold no one is talking about it.

Offline

#170 2023-05-14 22:30:33

PEACEMAKER
Member
Registered: 2023-01-27
Posts: 412

Re: channel for writers

JONSNOWING;8432 wrote:

So why has the push for a writing competition gone cold no one is talking about it.

Well that is because for now the team has so much already on their hands and I don't think much suggestion would be implemented.

Offline

#171 2023-05-15 23:04:00

JONSNOWING
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 1,071

Re: channel for writers

PEACEMAKER;8446 wrote:
JONSNOWING;8432 wrote:

So why has the push for a writing competition gone cold no one is talking about it.

Well that is because for now the team has so much already on their hands and I don't think much suggestion would be implemented.

Chatgpt is the current thing on the plate of the team, I think they should be in partnership with other Crypto artificial intelligence project that would be beneficial for the community.

Offline

#172 2023-05-16 21:41:14

KingCRP
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 1,054

Re: channel for writers

JONSNOWING;8600 wrote:
PEACEMAKER;8446 wrote:
JONSNOWING;8432 wrote:

So why has the push for a writing competition gone cold no one is talking about it.

Well that is because for now the team has so much already on their hands and I don't think much suggestion would be implemented.

Chatgpt is the current thing on the plate of the team, I think they should be in partnership with other Crypto artificial intelligence project that would be beneficial for the community.

That's true mate and I have used the chatGPT service and it's actually awesome, it serves as a personal assistant and it's generated by artificial intelligence technology making it futuristic.

Offline

#173 2023-05-17 10:47:06

Kelechi
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 2,027

Re: channel for writers

KingCRP;8691 wrote:
JONSNOWING;8600 wrote:
PEACEMAKER;8446 wrote:

Well that is because for now the team has so much already on their hands and I don't think much suggestion would be implemented.

Chatgpt is the current thing on the plate of the team, I think they should be in partnership with other Crypto artificial intelligence project that would be beneficial for the community.

That's true mate and I have used the chatGPT service and it's actually awesome, it serves as a personal assistant and it's generated by artificial intelligence technology making it futuristic.

Many people fear the artificial intelligence technology because they see it as a threat to their jobs in the future. Do you also feel such or you think there is no need to worry.

Offline

#174 2023-05-17 20:00:31

Camavinga
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 836

Re: channel for writers

Kelechi;8789 wrote:
KingCRP;8691 wrote:
JONSNOWING;8600 wrote:

Chatgpt is the current thing on the plate of the team, I think they should be in partnership with other Crypto artificial intelligence project that would be beneficial for the community.

That's true mate and I have used the chatGPT service and it's actually awesome, it serves as a personal assistant and it's generated by artificial intelligence technology making it futuristic.

Many people fear the artificial intelligence technology because they see it as a threat to their jobs in the future. Do you also feel such or you think there is no need to worry.


Well, there is no doubt that it will not take away people's jobs and means of livelihood.  But let's look at it on the bright side, this will help elevate the standard of service and eliminate errors caused by omission.

Offline

#175 2023-05-17 20:43:02

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 1,456

Re: channel for writers

People need to accept that artificial intelligence models cow to stay. Despite the fact of loss of jobs for people. This will improve the services rendered to humanity.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB