uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#51 2023-03-16 19:19:17

Detroit

Re: games in utopia

Camavinga;5534 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;5391 wrote:

Who is familiar with poker games here? I see people are giving go remarks about the Utopia p2p poker games and many also say it’s very profitable, although I am not good at poker game is would still love to give this a shot.

Playing games are rarely profitable, except there is a form of gambling as users play, or if it is a play-to-earn game; i don’t know if the Utopia poker game is any of such, i haven’t really tried it because it does not fall under my area of interest in the utopia decentralized network, but if you like to play games, you can try it and out and then come and give us more information about it, maybe it could interest others if there is sufficient info about it.

The poker game is an interesting game I can suggest you try out. It's so much fun. A lot of players and I find it a lot relaxing and engaging at the same time when playing on it. Some of the best things the Utopia community brought that makes a whole lots of sense.

#52 2023-03-16 23:27:23

full

CrytoCynthia;5660 wrote:
Kelechi;5618 wrote:
JONSNOWING;5610 wrote:

I have a very simple question, is the Utopia p2p poker game synonymous with a gambling game? I think there are some people that loves Poker game as a form of recreation so is there an option for that on the Utopia p2p poker game.

Yes mate that's very possible, you and your friend can create a table and reach an agreement that it's not going to be financial based sort of game between you both.

What’s the difficult level on Utopia p2p poker game like? Have you tried it out yourself. This won’t be my first time to play poker game but I am not familiar with the Utopia p2p poker game.

Difficult level? The difficulty of the poker game is based on the opponent you're playing with and how good they are at reading cards but if you're lucky with cards you can still defeat a good player in the game.

Last edited by full (2023-03-16 23:29:31)

#53 2023-03-16 23:32:35

IyaJJJ

full;5770 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;5660 wrote:
Kelechi;5618 wrote:

Yes mate that's very possible, you and your friend can create a table and reach an agreement that it's not going to be financial based sort of game between you both.

What’s the difficult level on Utopia p2p poker game like? Have you tried it out yourself. This won’t be my first time to play poker game but I am not familiar with the Utopia p2p poker game.

Difficult level? The difficulty of the poker game is based on the opponent you're playing with and how good they are at reading cards but if you're lucky with cards you can still defeat a good player in the game.

Yes, if the player is lucky with cards he can defeat an experienced player in the game but he will still need to be a good card reader either to successfully make use of the winning cards he had.

#54 2023-03-16 23:32:50

joanna

Cat;5661 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;5660 wrote:

It's fun to play poker here, lots of interesting people to meet.

Playing poker is somehow fun but you'll enjoy the fun if you're the player that's winning but if you're loosing all the focus will be on the game not the fun aspect of it. However, luck, experience and good car reading is what is needed to enjoy the game.

#55 2023-03-17 18:43:51

Camavinga

Detroit;5677 wrote:

The poker game is an interesting game I can suggest you try out. It's so much fun.

So much has been said about the Poker game on the forum, and even though it is not within my interest in the Utopia ecosystem, i have already started to research about it, to see if i can learn about the Poker game first before i start playing with other players. I now know it can be called “card game” with one player betting and the other players either calling the bet or conceding, from my research i think it is going to be fun, but i need to do more research so i do not fumble in the actual game, or am i overthinking?

#56 2023-03-17 20:58:38

Detroit

Camavinga;5818 wrote:
Detroit;5677 wrote:

The poker game is an interesting game I can suggest you try out. It's so much fun.

So much has been said about the Poker game on the forum, and even though it is not within my interest in the Utopia ecosystem, i have already started to research about it, to see if i can learn about the Poker game first before i start playing with other players. I now know it can be called “card game” with one player betting and the other players either calling the bet or conceding, from my research i think it is going to be fun, but i need to do more research so i do not fumble in the actual game, or am i overthinking?

You are probably overthinking it which is not technically a bad thing. I usually suggest or tell new players or newbies to learn the rules of the game,  have fun,  relax, and enjoy the game. You don't have to be uptight, it's just a game.

#57 2023-03-18 07:43:23

Camavinga

Detroit;5865 wrote:

You are probably overthinking it which is not technically a bad thing. I usually suggest or tell new players or newbies to learn the rules of the game,  have fun,  relax, and enjoy the game. You don't have to be uptight, it's just a game.

Yeah i thought the same thing, just that i like to learn about something well before getting into it, if i am going to gamble with other players, i will not want to lose my money all of the time, lol, so it is better i start learning by reading, before i start practically playing the actual game. Poker isn’t very popular in my country, people born in the U.S, Canada, Germany or Indonesia are exposed to the game very early, all i played when i was young was football, but i will love to enjoy this Poker game with other players.

#58 2023-03-18 18:46:27

Detroit

Camavinga;5936 wrote:
Detroit;5865 wrote:

Yeah i thought the same thing, just that i like to learn about something well before getting into it, if i am going to gamble with other players, i will not want to lose my money all of the time, lol, so it is better i start learning by reading, before i start practically playing the actual game. Poker isn’t very popular in my country, people born in the U.S, Canada, Germany or Indonesia are exposed to the game very early, all i played when i was young was football, but i will love to enjoy this Poker game with other players.

Yeah, that's a fair point though. Gambling requires some basic studying to keep and so you don't have to lose your money. I will give gambling to Mexicans, they are damn good at it. But still suggest you concentrate on having fun because if you miss the fun part of it you will only play just for business and not pleasure.

#59 2023-03-18 20:28:20

CrytoCynthia

Well gambling depends on what sort of gambling, if it’s the game of dice then it need more of luck than less of knowledge but if it’s card games then experience and knowledge has a part to play.

#60 2023-03-19 12:45:02

Camavinga

CrytoCynthia;6000 wrote:

Well gambling depends on what sort of gambling, if it’s the game of dice then it need more of luck than less of knowledge but if it’s card games then experience and knowledge has a part to play.

I think you are correct in a way. There are some games that experience plays a huge part in more than others. Video games for example, like playstation, there are some people who are very experienced in it, and if you gamble with such people in that game, they would take all your money, so it is always wise to have a bit of knowledge before gambling, so you would not lose too much money.

#61 2023-03-19 19:00:43

Detroit

CrytoCynthia;6000 wrote:

Yeah, you are right. You need a level of practice to be good I'm gambling which will take a while that is why you have to have fun while doing it. You concentrate on having fun while learning. Fun is one thing that keeps games together.

#62 2023-03-20 08:21:15

Camavinga

Detroit;6098 wrote:

Fun is one thing that keeps games together.

This is the reason why i love to play games without gambling, because to be honest if i am losing my money when i am gambling, there is no way i am having any fun, i would get so upset and would never see any fun side to the game, i know i should gamble responsibly, but any money lost is still money, so sometimes i really do not fancy gambling at all.

#63 2023-03-20 08:23:01

Cat

Camavinga;6206 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>Detroit;6098 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>Fun is one thing that keeps games together.</p></div></blockquote></div><p>This is the reason why i love to play games without gambling, because to be honest if i am losing my money when i am gambling, there is no way i am having any fun, i would get so upset and would never see any fun side to the game, i know i should gamble responsibly, but any money lost is still money, so sometimes i really do not fancy gambling at all.</p>

Playing without excitement is boring, it's not a game, it's a dry calculation

#64 2023-03-20 08:27:12

Camavinga

Cat;6208 wrote:

You can say that, and i know most people will think in the same way that if they do not stand anything to win or lose in a game, then they rather not play, i am not faulting their logic, just that it does not work for me in that way, i get my excitement from a game when i know i am just playing it to have fun and nothing else, i think everyone should just live and do things in the way they love and enjoy.

#65 2023-03-20 18:11:37

Detroit

Camavinga;6211 wrote:
Cat;6208 wrote:

You can say that, and i know most people will think in the same way that if they do not stand anything to win or lose in a game, then they rather not play, i am not faulting their logic, just that it does not work for me in that way, i get my excitement from a game when i know i am just playing it to have fun and nothing else, i think everyone should just live and do things in the way they love and enjoy.

Exactly,  games are meant to be enjoyed and not make or lose money. Gaining or losing money should be a plus a d not the focus. The focus should be on the fun the game is going to provide.

#66 2023-03-21 07:45:10

Camavinga

Detroit;6235 wrote:

Exactly,  games are meant to be enjoyed and not make or lose money. Gaining or losing money should be a plus a d not the focus. The focus should be on the fun the game is going to provide.

Exactly my point mate, but i know we are from different cultures, races, are we would tend to do things differently based on what is predominant where we come from, in some cultures gambling isn’t really acceptable, while in others it is seen as something that is not bad, so we have to adjust based on where we come from i guess.

#67 2023-03-21 10:55:29

oba

Cat;6208 wrote:
Camavinga;6206 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>Detroit;6098 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>Fun is one thing that keeps games together.</p></div></blockquote></div><p>This is the reason why i love to play games without gambling, because to be honest if i am losing my money when i am gambling, there is no way i am having any fun, i would get so upset and would never see any fun side to the game, i know i should gamble responsibly, but any money lost is still money, so sometimes i really do not fancy gambling at all.</p>

I believe this is the reason why people need to learn how to walk away when the game is not in their favor, especially when there's a prize involved. The people who don't learn how to walk away are those who gambling later leads to their addiction.

#68 2023-03-21 17:39:41

Detroit

Camavinga;6328 wrote:
Detroit;6235 wrote:

Exactly my point mate, but i know we are from different cultures, races, are we would tend to do things differently based on what is predominant where we come from, in some cultures gambling isn’t really acceptable, while in others it is seen as something that is not bad, so we have to adjust based on where we come from i guess.

Cultural diversity plays a major role when it comes to gambling.  For instance, in Mexico, they prioritize gambling as a form or power, money and fame. It's a family business there.

#69 2023-03-21 17:55:26

Detroit

oba;6331 wrote:
Cat;6208 wrote:
Camavinga;6206 wrote:

I believe this is the reason why people need to learn how to walk away when the game is not in their favor, especially when there's a prize involved. The people who don't learn how to walk away are those who gambling later leads to their addiction.

I believe that is where addiction comes in, first of all, the missed or forgot the first aspect of the game which is fun, once fun is missed out then greed and jealousy get in and get the better of the individual leading to addiction and cause loss of resources or properties.

#70 2023-03-21 18:34:45

Lanistergame2

CrytoCynthia;6000 wrote:

Gambling depends majorly on how the house structures the game. There are some games that are not provably fair and it is impossible to profit across a stretch pf games, regardless of how much you try, so in such situation when you are up against the house, it is best to avoid such platforms.

Dice also has some bit of skill to it for those that have studied the game for a long time.

#71 2023-03-21 20:49:42

KAMSI_UG

I hear people saying some online project that organizes gambling game, say that they aren’t transparent and it’s isn’t fair. My point is that how would you know a gambling site that isn’t fair?

#72 2023-03-21 21:25:16

KingCRP

KAMSI_UG;6378 wrote:

I hear people saying some online project that organizes gambling game, say that they aren’t transparent and it’s isn’t fair. My point is that how would you know a gambling site that isn’t fair?

Well is not that difficult to observe those sort of platforms aren’t being transparent and fair only if they do a bad job of making it clear in the sequence pattern they show.

#73 2023-03-21 21:56:01

KAMSI_UG

KingCRP;6387 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;6378 wrote:

Well is not that difficult to observe those sort of platforms aren’t being transparent and fair only if they do a bad job of making it clear in the sequence pattern they show.

Most times some of those gambling platforms look for various ways they can avoid loss and try to create a fake and doctored gaming platform that is built in the fact that they the table can lose and only the players can.

#74 2023-03-21 22:12:45

oba

Detroit;6352 wrote:
oba;6331 wrote:
Cat;6208 wrote:

I believe that is where addiction comes in, first of all, the missed or forgot the first aspect of the game which is fun, once fun is missed out then greed and jealousy get in and get the better of the individual leading to addiction and cause loss of resources or properties.

Exactly, when the fun is missed chasing loss it's what takes over and this is why it's very vital for every gambler to always check their buzz maybe greed or jealousy has taken over.

#75 2023-03-21 22:13:21

Kelechi

Hey guys I would like to kick start my Poker game career today but the issue is how to I get people to play with, is there a community for the poker game?

Board footer