uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#51 2023-05-29 19:20:42

Detroit

Re: Why does Utopia work with scam projects?

The scammer creates a legitimate-looking YouTube live stream, often using stolen content to boost their authority, and posts link to giveaways.A big indicator that can help identify if a project is a cryptocurrency scam or simply just new, is to read over the whitepaper.

Last edited by Detroit (2023-05-29 19:21:44)

#52 2023-05-29 20:03:49

Camavinga

For example, some scammers create fake websites for ICOs and instruct users to deposit cryptocurrency into a compromised wallet.In other instances, the ICO itself may be at fault. Founders could distribute unregulated tokens or mislead investors about their products through false advertising.

#53 2023-05-29 20:35:01

oba

MRBEAST;10623 wrote:
thrive;10605 wrote:
Detroit;10294 wrote:

It may be your duty as an individual to identify or recognize scams but sometimes you may not know and may need the help of an external party to verify it's legit.

It is impossible to know everything and this is the reason why we have a forum like this where people can ask for help on something they did have knowledge about.

YES THIS IS THE MAIN REASIN FOR A FORUM WHERE PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT SCHOOLS OF THOUGHT CAN COME TOGETHER AND COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER

Speaking of people from different schools of thought sharing knowledge and making some discussion. What have you learned so far on this forum?

#54 2023-05-29 20:42:37

joanna

oba;10720 wrote:
MRBEAST;10623 wrote:
thrive;10605 wrote:

It is impossible to know everything and this is the reason why we have a forum like this where people can ask for help on something they did have knowledge about.

YES THIS IS THE MAIN REASIN FOR A FORUM WHERE PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT SCHOOLS OF THOUGHT CAN COME TOGETHER AND COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER

Speaking of people from different schools of thought sharing knowledge and making some discussion. What have you learned so far on this forum?

I think this forum was helpful in its own way through the means of sharing information and so the latest strategy and concepts used by bad actors to scam or steal from people online. I also need about the vulnerability of some applications.

#55 2023-05-29 20:43:10

oba

joanna;10722 wrote:
oba;10720 wrote:
MRBEAST;10623 wrote:

I think this forum was helpful in its own way through the means of sharing information and so the latest strategy and concepts used by bad actors to scam or steal from people online. I also need about the vulnerability of some applications.

Let me guess. You learn what you mention now through the "Articles and News" section of this forum, isn't it?

#56 2023-05-29 20:46:57

joanna

oba;10723 wrote:
joanna;10722 wrote:
oba;10720 wrote:

Let me guess. You learn what you mention now through the "Articles and News" section of this forum, isn't it?

Yes, it is. Although, I have quite a lot of things from other channels or sections of this forum but the "Articles and News"  section seems to be helpful.

#57 2023-05-29 20:49:45

oba

joanna;10724 wrote:
oba;10723 wrote:
joanna;10722 wrote:

Yes, it is. Although, I have quite a lot of things from other channels or sections of this forum but the "Articles and News"  section seems to be helpful.

Ok. I know you'll be surprised by how I know the exact section of this forum you learn about the knowledge you pointed out. Well, I know because also read some news there.

#58 2023-05-29 20:52:53

joanna

oba;10725 wrote:
joanna;10724 wrote:
oba;10723 wrote:

Ok. I know you'll be surprised by how I know the exact section of this forum you learn about the knowledge you pointed out. Well, I know because also read some news there.

I know I am not the only user that visits that section of this forum because I can see some topics with at least 7 views while some have hundreds, and thousands of views.

#59 2023-05-29 22:11:22

Vastextension

JONSNOWING;10637 wrote:

I totally agree, because most of this scam projects might put in extra efforts to look so real but a forum like this gives all its members especially the new members the knowledge to identify scams from the informations we share here

Yes, and no matter how much effort is put together by a cryptocurrency scammer to make their project look real there will always be an open spot to know it is fake.

#60 2023-05-29 22:11:48

level

Vastextension;10753 wrote:
JONSNOWING;10637 wrote:

I totally agree, because most of this scam projects might put in extra efforts to look so real but a forum like this gives all its members especially the new members the knowledge to identify scams from the informations we share here

Yes, and no matter how much effort is put together by a cryptocurrency scammer to make their project look real there will always be an open spot to know it is fake.

Agreed with what you said and if the project is not a private focus people can check the project developer team through the use of Tinkeye

#61 2023-05-31 14:51:48

JONSNOWING

Thanks mate for the recommendation, Since I have been on this forum I personally have not experienced any form of doubt about the forum that looks like it’s working with Scam Project. Instead staying on a forum like this has helped me gain more knowledge on how to identify a scam project when I see one

#62 2023-05-31 19:53:50

Detroit

JONSNOWING;11051 wrote:

<p>Thanks mate for the recommendation, Since I have been on this forum I personally have not experienced any form of doubt about the forum that looks like it’s working with Scam Project. Instead staying on a forum like this has helped me gain more knowledge on how to identify a scam project when I see one</p>

Scammers often reference or publish positive, yet bogus testimonials purportedly drafted by satisfied customers. These testimonials create the appearance the promoter is reliable – he or she has already earned significant profits in the past, and new investors can reap the same financial benefits as prior investors. In many cases, though, the reviews are drafted not by a satisfied customer but by the scammer.

#63 2023-05-31 20:17:00

Camavinga

Detroit;11126 wrote:
JONSNOWING;11051 wrote:

<p>Thanks mate for the recommendation, Since I have been on this forum I personally have not experienced any form of doubt about the forum that looks like it’s working with Scam Project. Instead staying on a forum like this has helped me gain more knowledge on how to identify a scam project when I see one</p>

Scammers often reference or publish positive, yet bogus testimonials purportedly drafted by satisfied customers. These testimonials create the appearance the promoter is reliable – he or she has already earned significant profits in the past, and new investors can reap the same financial benefits as prior investors. In many cases, though, the reviews are drafted not by a satisfied customer but by the scammer.

These capture the details you enter, so the scammer can log in later and steal your crypto. They may also send links via phishing emails or pretend to be official customer support in direct messages

#64 2023-06-01 16:39:25

JONSNOWING

Detroit;11126 wrote:
JONSNOWING;11051 wrote:

Being cautious isn’t now the only way to avoid this scammers but having a good knowledge of their scam schemes and methods can only help one stay away from them. I must say I have learnt alot from this sub board and look forward to learn more

#65 2023-06-01 18:35:08

Detroit

Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum are well-known payment tokens. Payment tokens can be used to complete transactions wherever that cryptocurrency is accepted.

#66 2023-06-01 19:06:57

Camavinga

The fact is, consumers tend to know very little when it comes to how digital currency works or how to keep their digital assets safe. And since cryptocurrency payments do not come with any legal protections or government assurances, crypto scams are especially attractive for thieves.

#67 2023-06-01 20:02:36

Lanistergame2

Projects many times cannot help those who associate with their projects. It is a common bias in the media that crypto helps with scams, but that is very far from the truth, scammers are only attracted to crypto cause of the potential to earn.

Utopia does not work with scams.

#68 2023-06-01 20:47:49

JONSNOWING

That’s true mate, scammers also look for ways to portray themselves as Crypto related forums and websites because of the Crypto whales which only getting any of them would fatten their scam pockets and people always show interest in what relates to Cryptocurrency. It’s left for us to users to protect of self security and help other members that may not know how they operate gain knowledge about what Scammers target and can do

#69 2023-06-01 20:54:58

KingCRP

It's actually very easy to protect yourself against scam by doing very simple actions, first thing is to eliminate greed this is a characteristic that scams use to get their victims.

#70 2023-06-02 18:27:39

crpuusd

KingCRP;11370 wrote:

It's actually very easy to protect yourself against scam by doing very simple actions, first thing is to eliminate greed this is a characteristic that scams use to get their victims.

Second is to restrict from site that are mostly requiring your private information or details.  Utopia take great value not to improvise in peoples details but actually promote the secured system

#71 2023-06-02 19:09:43

Camavinga

The Utopia community is getting stronger and more versatile every day. I am so happy about this project. It has allowed many users to enjoy the full course of cryptocurrency.

#72 2023-06-02 19:27:08

JONSNOWING

crpuusd;11471 wrote:
KingCRP;11370 wrote:

Second is to restrict from site that are mostly requiring your private information or details.  Utopia take great value not to improvise in peoples details but actually promote the secured system

Sites without a known source should just be avoided completely and Ponzi schemes too no matter the coin they claim to pay with, this scammers are highly calculative and keep making efforts to research on what can attract people they can prey on

#73 2023-06-02 19:29:31

Kelechi

JONSNOWING;11504 wrote:
crpuusd;11471 wrote:
KingCRP;11370 wrote:

Sites without a known source should just be avoided completely and Ponzi schemes too no matter the coin they claim to pay with, this scammers are highly calculative and keep making efforts to research on what can attract people they can prey on

That's very correct mate in other to promote you safety in cryptocurrency you need to keep your device safe by avoiding phishing tool and any other things that can be of danger.

#74 2023-06-03 20:50:14

JONSNOWING

I agree that forums like this are what scammers targets to get newbies and users. Because they put in efforts to appear real only  knowledge of Cryptocurrency platfolms and how to handle it , can preven it and their schemes

#75 2023-06-03 21:13:57

KingCRP

JONSNOWING;11780 wrote:

I agree that forums like this are what scammers targets to get newbies and users. Because they put in efforts to appear real only  knowledge of Cryptocurrency platfolms and how to handle it , can preven it and their schemes

Well scammers targets lots of things like social media platform telegram, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit name it and even ypir personal email it's still under the interest of scammers.

Board footer