uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#101 2023-01-16 10:39:22

Camavinga

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022: Predict the potential winner - get 500 CRP

oba;3243 wrote:

You guys all have a point about what you stated but I think having a football alone campaign or prediction competition on this forum could look biased from the understanding of some people since we have a lot of sports and people who are fans of Basketball, baseball, etc may feel cheated on.

It is true there are a lot of sports, but if we are to be honest football is the most popular of all of them, and it is football that most people have more knowledge about, in a forum like this where the traffic is not really much, a competition on baseball or basketball isn’t going to attract attention, you will hardly find too many people among the few here that know so much about them. But football is more universal and if there is to be another competition or contest, i am sure it will be on a football competition.

#102 2023-01-16 17:32:21

joanna

oba;3243 wrote:
Lanistergame2;3208 wrote:
Camavinga;3161 wrote:

Yeah if they extend it to club competitions then it would become more frequent, but that frequency might be a problem because i do not know if the utopia team would want to hold the contest frequently, they might want to select tournaments that comes biennially or maybe even longer. Without any official statement from an utopia admin, we can only speculate.

That is another perspective to look at it from. Having a tournament that comes up infrequently gives one something to look forward to and anticipate while maintaining interest of the participants. There can also be the issue of constantly funding such tournaments regularly.

You are right that we can only speculate for now and wait for the decision from the Utopia team.

You guys all have a point about what you stated but I think having a football alone campaign or prediction competition on this forum could look biased from the understanding of some people since we have a lot of sports and people who are fans of Basketball, baseball, etc may feel cheated on.

I agreed with your position, and I think the ecosystem's administrator has read what you said. The existence of any campaign or prediction relating to sports in the near future or this year is still unknown.
I'm hoping the development team will come up with something in response to your observation.

#103 2023-01-17 11:21:04

Camavinga

joanna;3323 wrote:

I'm hoping the development team will come up with something in response to your observation.

I hope so too, i also think the moderators should probably lock this topic since the contest is over, new members might think that contests are still going on in this thread, not knowing that it was over sometime ago. They can lock the thread and open it for future contests. Or leave it permanently closed and open a new thread if there is a new contest in the future.

#104 2023-01-17 19:43:37

KAMSI_UG

I believe the thread is left open for a reason who knows, maybe there may be a follow up contest and they would probably like to use this same board to run it.

#105 2023-01-17 19:48:30

oba

joanna;3323 wrote:
oba;3243 wrote:
Lanistergame2;3208 wrote:

That is another perspective to look at it from. Having a tournament that comes up infrequently gives one something to look forward to and anticipate while maintaining interest of the participants. There can also be the issue of constantly funding such tournaments regularly.

You are right that we can only speculate for now and wait for the decision from the Utopia team.

I agreed with your position, and I think the ecosystem's administrator has read what you said. The existence of any campaign or prediction relating to sports in the near future or this year is still unknown.

Based on the traffic on this forum, I think we need more promotions like the Fifa World Cup prediction to increase traffic since the majority of users on the Utopia application clients are unaware of this forum.

#106 2023-01-19 17:11:47

Camavinga

KAMSI_UG;3408 wrote:

I believe the thread is left open for a reason who knows, maybe there may be a follow up contest and they would probably like to use this same board to run it.

You may be correct about that, but there is nothing wrong in locking it and reopening it when they want to start another competition, leaving it open for now may make people think that the contest is still on, i mean people who are very new to the forum, so a moderator can lock it now and open it later, but this is only my suggestion.

#107 2023-01-20 19:54:20

full

KAMSI_UG;3408 wrote:

I don't that's the real motive behind the creator of this thread leaving the thread open. I believe the reason why the thread was left open was that there were features for locking a certain topic.

#108 2023-01-20 20:21:33

Detroit

full;3712 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;3408 wrote:

I don't that's the real motive behind the creator of this thread leaving the thread open. I believe the reason why the thread was left open was that there were features for locking a certain topic.

I don't find a place anywhere to lock a thread.
It's one of those features that are yet to be added.
It's a very important tool in this forum
It will reduce the level of spamming in his place

#109 2023-02-03 12:35:53

CrytoCynthia

Well that’s true I did not even notice that there wasn’t any features that allows someone to lock a thread for real it’s a very important option to be added, because it helps against spamming.

#110 2023-02-03 14:10:48

KAMSI_UG

CrytoCynthia;4478 wrote:

Well that’s true I did not even notice that there wasn’t any features that allows someone to lock a thread for real it’s a very important option to be added, because it helps against spamming.

Well the use of the lock thread option would come in handy when the forum gets more users and then we may start to have the problem of spamming.

#111 2023-02-03 18:56:09

Camavinga

CrytoCynthia;4478 wrote:

Yes it helps to stop spam, but not just that, it also encourages people to start new topics. If people who start new topics have the ability to lock them when the discussion is over, then they will do so, and it will encourage people to start new topis for new discussions.

#112 2023-02-03 20:28:16

Detroit

Camavinga;4531 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;4478 wrote:

Yes it helps to stop spam, but not just that, it also encourages people to start new topics. If people who start new topics have the ability to lock them when the discussion is over, then they will do so, and it will encourage people to start new topis for new discussions.

Well, that's another thing. I agree with you. Many users don't ever create a new post or topic. You can hardly find a new topic on this forum. Possibly the introduction of locking threads may help.

#113 2023-02-05 19:37:40

Camavinga

Detroit;4552 wrote:

Well, that's another thing. I agree with you. Many users don't ever create a new post or topic. You can hardly find a new topic on this forum. Possibly the introduction of locking threads may help.

It would help a lot, i don’t know why the forum moderators are yet to talk about creating an option to lock threads on the forum. I think the admin in this forum needs to do more about the request of members, that is very important if the forum is going to grow, if people can lock threads it will help with newer threads and newer discussions. I would be glad if the admin looks into this asap.

#114 2023-02-05 20:09:56

Lanistergame2

Detroit;4552 wrote:

Locking threads is an amazing idea and should be considered for implementation by the admins. It restricts spam and can be used for very important information which does not need discussions.

Maybe you can create a separate thread to draw the attention of the devs stating the benefits of such a feature to forum discussions.

#115 2023-02-06 19:21:21

Kelechi

Well the lock thread is not an option that available for us but I believe that for now the admins would have the right to lock any thread.

#116 2023-02-06 19:27:16

Camavinga

Kelechi;4879 wrote:

Well the lock thread is not an option that available for us but I believe that for now the admins would have the right to lock any thread.

The admins should have the right to do anything. So correctly they would have have the right to lock any thread. But we aren’t talking about the admins or moderators here, we are talking about members in the forum being able to lock their own thread they started by themselves.

#117 2023-02-06 19:57:12

Dozie

I have a suggestion, the UEFA champions league is back and the knockout phase starts on 14th if February this is a good opportunity for the team to run a contest on this one.

#118 2023-02-06 20:01:19

Detroit

Dozie;4899 wrote:

I have a suggestion, the UEFA champions league is back and the knockout phase starts on 14th if February this is a good opportunity for the team to run a contest on this one.

That will be very good if they should do it. This will give people the opportunity to show how good and creative they are. I will advise contestants beforehand to sell themselves properly.

#119 2023-02-06 21:01:38

thrive

Kelechi;4879 wrote:

Until now. I never see the admin lock a single thread and it's possible that the feature of locking a topic by the original poster when the discussion point is achieved is never added to this forum.

#120 2023-02-06 21:08:34

full

Camavinga;4885 wrote:
Kelechi;4879 wrote:

The admins should have the right to do anything. So correctly they would have have the right to lock any thread. But we aren’t talking about the admins or moderators here, we are talking about members in the forum being able to lock their own thread they started by themselves.

You have a point and speaking of the topic discussion creator locking the topic we want to achieve this I think we will need a section that will be dedicated to the suggestion of new features the forum member believes the forum needs.

#121 2023-02-06 21:38:11

level

Detroit;4902 wrote:
Dozie;4899 wrote:

That will be very good if they should do it. This will give people the opportunity to show how good and creative they are. I will advise contestants beforehand to sell themselves properly.

I like the idea of the contest will be hosted on this forum since it will help boost some traffic but is it possible that we're going to see another football tournament contest that's not the WorldCup?

#122 2023-02-06 21:44:42

joanna

Dozie;4899 wrote:

This is will be a very good idea but I think it will be nice to discuss this on the Utopia application client so many users can debate on it maybe the admin will think about it and do something about it.

#123 2023-02-06 22:05:58

Lanistergame2

Dozie;4899 wrote:

I second this suggestion.

If the team has the logistics and funds planned, a contest for the top European club footballing competition would be a great idea and would attract lots of participants.

I would be looking forward to participating in it.

#124 2023-02-07 11:14:11

level

Lanistergame2;4952 wrote:
Dozie;4899 wrote:

I second this suggestion.

If the team has the logistics and funds planned, a contest for the top European club footballing competition would be a great idea and would attract lots of participants.

I would be looking forward to participating in it.

I also support this idea and I hope the development team with the inclusion of the admin will treat it with good concern cause it will do something for this forum.

#125 2023-02-07 13:03:23

Camavinga

Dozie;4899 wrote:

Good idea, the uefa champions league is the biggest club competition, just the same way the world cup is the biggest footballing national team competition, so i think it makes sense if there is a contest for the world cup and the champions league. Great suggestion and i would like to see how the admins react.

Board footer