uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#151 2023-04-07 05:24:34

Camavinga

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022: Predict the potential winner - get 500 CRP

joanna;7049 wrote:

Let's accept they do not want to run the contest but it's something we can also at least organize among us and if that it's not possible it's better to forget it for now.

We cannot organize it ourselves, if the forum members organize it, where is the prize for the winner going to come from, except one user is going to donate it. If you think you can pool funds together for it, it would also not work because you cannot trust whoever is going to hold the funds for the winner, that’s why it is best we wait for the admin.

#152 2023-04-07 18:23:52

Detroit

Camavinga;7070 wrote:
joanna;7049 wrote:

Let's accept they do not want to run the contest but it's something we can also at least organize among us and if that it's not possible it's better to forget it for now.

We cannot organize it ourselves, if the forum members organize it, where is the prize for the winner going to come from, except one user is going to donate it. If you think you can pool funds together for it, it would also not work because you cannot trust whoever is going to hold the funds for the winner, that’s why we should wait for the admin.

That's a good point. I agre with you. No project can work here properly without the authorization of the administrators of this forum. They need to be aware and also show us their support.

#153 2023-04-07 18:42:01

KAMSI_UG

Camavinga;7070 wrote:
joanna;7049 wrote:

We cannot organize it ourselves, if the forum members organize it, where is the prize for the winner going to come from, except one user is going to donate it. If you think you can pool funds together for it, it would also not work because you cannot trust whoever is going to hold the funds for the winner, that’s why it is best we wait for the admin.

Not only that mate if we organize it ourselves then the transparency of the competition can’t be assured, also I don’t think it would go down well with the team that we are organizing such programs ourselves.

#154 2023-04-07 21:05:35

Lanistergame2

KAMSI_UG;7146 wrote:

Not only that mate if we organize it ourselves then the transparency of the competition can’t be assured, also I don’t think it would go down well with the team that we are organizing such programs ourselves.

About transparency, if there is any reputable member willing to act as an escrow it can make the process safer and transparent, I am not sure there is such a person other users can trust their funds with.

I personally do not think the team would mind at all. It brings publicity to the forum and sparks off a new trend of discussion. A win win if you ask me.

#155 2023-04-08 12:16:58

Detroit

Lanistergame2;7169 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;7146 wrote:

About transparency, if there is any reputable member willing to act as an escrow it can make the process safer and transparent, I am not sure there is such a person other users can trust their funds with.

I personally do not think the team would mind at all. It brings publicity to the forum and sparks off a new trend of discussion. A win win if you ask me.

I personally will say that is expecting too much from one person. Giving such an amount to someone to hold is not a really good idea. I think it's best the developers do it themselves.

#156 2023-04-08 12:21:10

Lanistergame2

Detroit;7211 wrote:

I personally will say that is expecting too much from one person. Giving such an amount to someone to hold is not a really good idea. I think it's best the developers do it themselves.

You are right. it is unwise to trust one person with that amount if anything comes out of this discussion. A 2 of 3 or 3 of 5 multi signature wallet would be a good option, wit that no one user can make away with the funds alone, they would need at least one other signatory to the address.

It is also a good idea if the team would serve as escrow for such an event.

#157 2023-05-02 00:24:51

joanna

Camavinga;7070 wrote:
joanna;7049 wrote:

It can be organized by ourselves. What we are going to do is make the announcement about the contest on the Utopia application client and host the event here. It is more like inviting more Utopia app users to this forum.

#158 2023-05-02 12:35:35

level

joanna;7340 wrote:
Camavinga;7070 wrote:
joanna;7049 wrote:

It can be organized by ourselves. What we are going to do is make the announcement about the contest on the Utopia application client and host the event here. It is more like inviting more Utopia app users to this forum.

Yes, this is the exact thing done during the Worldcup competition where users are to predict the winner of the cup.
About putting funds together to host the event, I believe it will be hard since UtopiaP2P Crypton coin is privacy and we still need the dev team to come in.

#159 2023-05-02 13:20:48

CrytoCynthia

The euro is fast approaching I believe if there is going to be any CRP competition concerning football it has to be during the euros although it may happen anytime.

#160 2023-05-02 16:55:25

oba

CrytoCynthia;7345 wrote:

The euro is fast approaching I believe if there is going to be any CRP competition concerning football it has to be during the euros although it may happen anytime.

Honestly, it will be nice if we have an event for another football competition contest on this forum. Let's wait and see if the UtopiaP2P team we have an interest in it.

#161 2023-05-02 16:56:16

joanna

level;7343 wrote:
joanna;7340 wrote:
Camavinga;7070 wrote:

Yes, this is the exact thing done during the Worldcup competition where users are to predict the winner of the cup.
About putting funds together to host the event, I believe it will be hard since UtopiaP2P Crypton coin is privacy and we still need the dev team to come in.

We may and may not need the assistance of the project team if the event prize is not huge and the event is hosted just to have some fun on this forum while also encouraging more users and traffic on this forum.

#162 2023-05-02 17:25:45

CrytoCynthia

Well the last time such a thing was hosted the price was about 500 CRP I think if the team can do it then they should be able to do it now so no problem about that.

#163 2023-05-02 18:56:42

Detroit

CrytoCynthia;7383 wrote:

Well the last time such a thing was hosted the price was about 500 CRP I think if the team can do it then they should be able to do it now so no problem about that.

Yeah, I agree with you. The team should be able to host this competition without stress currently. They have the capacity and ability to do it now.

#164 2023-05-02 22:03:52

IyaJJJ

oba;7378 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;7345 wrote:

Honestly, it will be nice if we have an event for another football competition contest on this forum. Let's wait and see if the UtopiaP2P team we have an interest in it.

Believe me guys, it will be nice if this could happen but I am going to be honest here with you guys. We shouldn't expect any form of this competition on this forum for now or this year.

#165 2023-05-02 22:08:18

thrive

CrytoCynthia;7383 wrote:

I don't no problem for the Utopia developer team to host another football prediction event on this forum if they want but the result the project will get through the contest is what I believe is the major concern of Utopia and now that they are doing weekly airdrop on Taskon I don't think they will want another contest on this forum.

#166 2023-05-02 22:12:45

full

thrive;7422 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;7383 wrote:

I don't no problem for the Utopia developer team to host another football prediction event on this forum if they want but the result the project will get through the contest is what I believe is the major concern of Utopia and now that they are doing weekly airdrop on Taskon I don't think they will want another contest on this forum.

Your messages make sense but I still believe the developer team can host another football contest and may not since they haven't made a public statement about it until then anticipating the possibility of having the contest is not bad.

#167 2023-05-02 22:33:46

Vastextension

full;7423 wrote:
thrive;7422 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;7383 wrote:

Your messages make sense but I still believe the developer team can host another football contest and may not since they haven't made a public statement about it until then anticipating the possibility of having the contest is not bad.

All of you have a valid point but the purpose of every advertisement or contest is to generate traffic for the project and if this traffic can be easily generated through the taskon we shouldn't expect any contest on here until the forum get more user.

#168 2023-05-03 17:12:13

Detroit

Vastextension;7429 wrote:
full;7423 wrote:
thrive;7422 wrote:

All of you have a valid point but the purpose of every advertisement or contest is to generate traffic for the project and if this traffic can be easily generated through the taskon we shouldn't expect any contest on here until the forum gets more user.

Well, that is very true mate. But I think a project contest would invite more participants. Both cryptocurrency fans and non-crypto currency fans will join and benefit from it.

#169 2023-05-03 17:33:40

KAMSI_UG

Detroit;7468 wrote:
full;7423 wrote:

All of you have a valid point but the purpose of every advertisement or contest is to generate traffic for the project and if this traffic can be easily generated through the taskon we shouldn't expect any contest on here until the forum gets more user.

Well, that is very true mate. But I think a project contest would invite more participants. Both cryptocurrency fans and non-crypto currency fans will join and benefit from it.

Well personally that’s not how I want Utopia p2p to be seen as, just another project that try’s to lure people through competition and contest, I believe Utopia p2p has lots of interesting Utilities that can Interest any one.

#170 2023-05-04 21:58:17

Camavinga

KAMSI_UG;7472 wrote:
Detroit;7468 wrote:

Well personally that’s not how I want Utopia p2p to be seen as, just another project that try’s to lure people through competition and contest, I believe Utopia p2p has lots of interesting Utilities that can Interest any one.

I think in every business you have to lure people in. But for them to stay you have to offer them something better and tangible to hold on to. Appetizers are catching but main dishes prevent you from getting hungry.

#171 2023-05-05 12:39:04

Detroit

full;7423 wrote:
thrive;7422 wrote:

All of you have a valid point but the purpose of every advertisement or contest is to generate traffic for the project and if this traffic can be easily generated through the taskon we shouldn't expect any contest on here until the forum get more user.

This is absolutely correct.  Developers and admins creates contest and advertisement to improve the traffic on their network thereby increasing their sales also.

#172 2023-05-05 19:33:42

JONSNOWING

Detroit;7737 wrote:
full;7423 wrote:

This is absolutely correct.  Developers and admins creates contest and advertisement to improve the traffic on their network thereby increasing their sales also.

One thing you should know is that Utopia p2p has always supported it's community, it has always provided several for it's community to be able to earn.

#173 2023-05-05 20:38:56

Detroit

JONSNOWING;7752 wrote:
Detroit;7737 wrote:

One thing you should know is that Utopia p2p has always supported it's community, it has always provided several for it's community to be able to earn.

The Utopia community might have done a lot but they have so many missing gaps they need to fill in.  Their p2p network is a bit dysfunctional today.

#174 2023-05-05 21:10:04

Camavinga

Detroit;7737 wrote:
full;7423 wrote:

Yes, they do. This helps them to improve their network and narrow down which project should come first before the other. Which is very good.

#175 2023-05-05 22:23:21

KAMSI_UG

Detroit;7770 wrote:
JONSNOWING;7752 wrote:
Detroit;7737 wrote:

The Utopia community might have done a lot but they have so many missing gaps they need to fill in.  Their p2p network is a bit dysfunctional today.

Very correct but going by they are relatively new project they have done well in relation to the time they have been around for, but definitely their is still room for more improvement.

Board footer