Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#926 2023-06-02 23:03:43

IyaJJJ

Re: Let's have a sport board

level;11633 wrote:
IyaJJJ;11631 wrote:
level;11629 wrote:

This fight seems to be one of the most anticipated boxing fights based on what I see about it just by googling it. When will it happen? What's the venue?

The fight will occur on July 29 in a highly anticipated ShowTime PPV clash from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Errol “The Truth’’ Spence Jr the Unified WBC, WBA, and IBF Welterweight World Champion will take on WBO 147-pound world champion Terence “Bud’’ Crawford for the Undisputed Welterweight World Championship.

Thanks for that.
I look into the picture of Terence Crawford he looks more like a beast and has the knowledge and fight to win Errol Spence Jr.

They are both good as a fighter and they have never lost a fight before. Yes, Terence Crawford has more experience than Errol Spence Jr but they are both Southpaw fighters.

#927 2023-06-02 23:05:20

level

IyaJJJ;11634 wrote:
level;11633 wrote:
IyaJJJ;11631 wrote:

The fight will occur on July 29 in a highly anticipated ShowTime PPV clash from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Errol “The Truth’’ Spence Jr the Unified WBC, WBA, and IBF Welterweight World Champion will take on WBO 147-pound world champion Terence “Bud’’ Crawford for the Undisputed Welterweight World Championship.

Thanks for that.
I look into the picture of Terence Crawford he looks more like a beast and has the knowledge and fight to win Errol Spence Jr.

They are both good as a fighter and they have never lost a fight before. Yes, Terence Crawford has more experience than Errol Spence Jr but they are both Southpaw fighters.

Southpaw fighter? Can you be more enlightened because I am not that into boxing and I prefer wrestling to boxing.

#928 2023-06-02 23:09:10

IyaJJJ

level;11636 wrote:
IyaJJJ;11634 wrote:
level;11633 wrote:

Thanks for that.

Southpaw fighter? Can you be more enlightened because I am not that into boxing and I prefer wrestling to boxing.

A southpaw stance is used by boxers in some other sports as well as in boxing. This position allows the boxer to lead with right jabs and finish with a left cross right hook. For a left-handed boxer, that is the standard stance.

#929 2023-06-02 23:11:57

oba

IyaJJJ;11638 wrote:
level;11636 wrote:
IyaJJJ;11634 wrote:

A southpaw stance is used by boxers in some other sports as well as in boxing. This position allows the boxer to lead with right jabs and finish with a left cross right hook. For a left-handed boxer, that is the standard stance.

Technically, this means both Terence Crawford and Errol Spence Jr are left-handed boxers. Is it possible for a right-handed boxer to use the southpaw stance?

#930 2023-06-02 23:12:58

IyaJJJ

oba;11640 wrote:
IyaJJJ;11638 wrote:
level;11636 wrote:

Technically, this means both Terence Crawford and Errol Spence Jr are left-handed boxers. Is it possible for a right-handed boxer to use the southpaw stance?

For a variety of reasons, including deceiving the opponent into feeling uneasy, right-handed fighters can also fight in the southpaw stance.

#931 2023-06-02 23:16:04

oba

IyaJJJ;11641 wrote:
oba;11640 wrote:
IyaJJJ;11638 wrote:

For a variety of reasons, including deceiving the opponent into feeling uneasy, right-handed fighters can also fight in the southpaw stance.

That means it will give the fighter a better edge above his/her opponent if he's not a Southpaw fighter and decided to switch to the south paw. What is the benefit of the Southpaw?

#932 2023-06-02 23:16:42

IyaJJJ

oba;11642 wrote:
IyaJJJ;11641 wrote:
oba;11640 wrote:

That means it will give the fighter a better edge above his/her opponent if he's not a Southpaw fighter and decided to switch to the south paw. What is the benefit of the Southpaw?

Due to the tactical and mental challenges of dealing with a fighter who moves in the opposite direction of the norm, fighting from a southpaw stance is thought to give the fighter an advantage.

#933 2023-06-02 23:17:45

thrive

IyaJJJ;11643 wrote:
oba;11642 wrote:
IyaJJJ;11641 wrote:

Due to the tactical and mental challenges of dealing with a fighter who moves in the opposite direction of the norm, fighting from a southpaw stance is thought to give the fighter an advantage.

The right-handed boxer's equivalent stance in boxing is called the orthodox stance, which is typically the opposite of the southpaw stance.

#934 2023-06-02 23:21:47

IyaJJJ

thrive;11644 wrote:
IyaJJJ;11643 wrote:
oba;11642 wrote:

The right-handed boxer's equivalent stance in boxing is called the orthodox stance, which is typically the opposite of the southpaw stance.

Yes, and the left-handed fighters are frequently taught to fight in an orthodox stance despite the fact that their dominant side is the left. What's your prediction for the Errol Spence Jr and Terence Crawford fight?

#935 2023-06-02 23:23:00

thrive

IyaJJJ;11645 wrote:
thrive;11644 wrote:
IyaJJJ;11643 wrote:

Yes, and the left-handed fighters are frequently taught to fight in an orthodox stance despite the fact that their dominant side is the left. What's your prediction for the Errol Spence Jr and Terence Crawford fight?

This is either due to the imperative need to best counter a fighter who uses an orthodox stance or to the limited of coaches who specialize in teaching the southpaw.
I think Terence Crawford has the upper hand.

#936 2023-06-03 15:44:37

PEACEMAKER

oba;11640 wrote:

It is possible for a right handed fighter to use the south paw stance, infact it is imperative for any fighter to be able to easily switch from one stance to the other and train both sides of their body evenly.

I really do not know who I would have my money on in this fight

#937 2023-06-03 18:46:04

Kelechi

PEACEMAKER;11671 wrote:
oba;11640 wrote:

It is possible for a right handed fighter to use the south paw stance, infact it is imperative for any fighter to be able to easily switch from one stance to the other and train both sides of their body evenly.

I really do not know who I would have my money on in this fight

It's really going to be an exciting fight the boxing world has been waiting for this match and to see what the outcome would be.

#938 2023-06-03 18:55:57

KAMSI_UG

Very big congratulations to Manchester city, it wasn't easy to beat Manchester united but I would say they were very lucky they had thing going well for them in this match.

#939 2023-06-03 19:11:54

Lanistergame2

It is the second half of the German cup final and it is a goalless draw so far between Leipzig and Frankfurt. My bet is on Leipzig to win the competition for the second season running.

This second half should bring lots of action.

#940 2023-06-03 19:27:58

Kelechi

KAMSI_UG;11708 wrote:

Very big congratulations to Manchester city, it wasn't easy to beat Manchester united but I would say they were very lucky they had thing going well for them in this match.

Well I was surprised to see that Manchester city started with there top players and risk them getting injured but I believe the coach always have a back up plan.

#941 2023-06-03 19:40:14

KAMSI_UG

Kelechi;11733 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;11708 wrote:

Well I was surprised to see that Manchester city started with there top players and risk them getting injured but I believe the coach always have a back up plan.

Well inter Milan the opponent of Manchester city in the uefa champions league also played their game today so they also did not have the luxury to rest.

#942 2023-06-03 20:22:18

PEACEMAKER

Kelechi;11733 wrote:

It was a final and a local derby as well so definitely they had to start all their top players and that comes with the risk of them getting injured before the bigger final coming up next week.

Now they can put all their focus for the upcoming final and a possible treble.

#943 2023-06-03 20:36:27

MRBEAST

PEACEMAKER;11760 wrote:
Kelechi;11733 wrote:

It was a final and a local derby as well so definitely they had to start all their top players and that comes with the risk of them getting injured before the bigger final coming up next week.

Well as we saw the risk paid off, a big congratulations to Manchester city, and also inter Milan won today in the Seria A, now they both would be looking forward to the UEFA champions league final.

#944 2023-06-03 20:47:20

Dozie

MRBEAST;11770 wrote:
PEACEMAKER;11760 wrote:
Kelechi;11733 wrote:

Well as we saw the risk paid off, a big congratulations to Manchester city, and also inter Milan won today in the Seria A, now they both would be looking forward to the UEFA champions league final.

And funny enough both teams only one my one goal lead, all this is building up to a great match I would be honest. I hope it doesn't disappoint us in any way come next weekend.

#945 2023-06-03 20:59:09

CrytoCynthia

Hey guys just imagine a scene where Manchester city looses to inter Milan do you guys ever have it in your heart that this can be possible or is it all Manchester city.

#946 2023-06-03 21:12:24

KingCRP

CrytoCynthia;11787 wrote:

Hey guys just imagine a scene where Manchester city looses to inter Milan do you guys ever have it in your heart that this can be possible or is it all Manchester city.

Well it's still very possible that inter Milan can end up being the champions of European club football, I won't be writing them off at all because it would be a very risky thing to do

#947 2023-06-03 21:22:42

MRBEAST

KingCRP;11788 wrote:

Well it's still very possible that inter Milan can end up being the champions of European club football, I won't be writing them off at all because it would be a very risky thing to do

It would be exciting if the match goes even for while, like I would not want to see Manchester city dominate the match from start to finish, I would want more passion from inter Milan.

#948 2023-06-03 21:50:44

CrytoCynthia

MRBEAST;11793 wrote:
KingCRP;11788 wrote:

It would be exciting if the match goes even for while, like I would not want to see Manchester city dominate the match from start to finish, I would want more passion from inter Milan.

I would be very neutral in this match I would just want to watch a very intriguing and interest match and I would sayay the best man win in this match.

#949 2023-06-03 22:28:59

Dozie

CrytoCynthia;11802 wrote:
MRBEAST;11793 wrote:
KingCRP;11788 wrote:

I would be very neutral in this match I would just want to watch a very intriguing and interest match and I would sayay the best man win in this match.

Well it would be very hard to be neutral in this match because when the match starts you tend to choose a favorite team and then you just have to support them.

#950 2023-06-03 22:31:23

full

Dozie;11779 wrote:
MRBEAST;11770 wrote:
PEACEMAKER;11760 wrote:

And funny enough both teams only one my one goal lead, all this is building up to a great match I would be honest. I hope it doesn't disappoint us in any way come next weekend.

Despite all the odds that were created by Manchester city, I said yesterday or days before that the Manchester city club is the winner of this season's FA cup but some people said they have more important in their mind which is the UEFA Champions League.

Board footer