Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#76 2023-05-16 23:56:42

level

Re: Which VPNs still work in China?

full;8763 wrote:
Kelechi;8623 wrote:
joanna;8602 wrote:

Yes, exactly. I was talking about the person and his name is Nickolas Sharp.
He was identified after the authority follow the VPN connection network he had bought using his PayPal account. This shows no one is totally safe.

Is there any VPN that actually promotes privacy protection? And also how can someone be traced by using their VPN history I believe that should be hard to do.

Yes, there are VPNs that actually promote privacy protection but at some point when it is something that has to do with the government they have no other choice than to provide their users private information to the government.

Technically, they didn't provide actually privacy protection to their users because why would a VPN service provider store the private information of their users in the first place is like they are working for the government right from the get-go.

#77 2023-05-17 00:57:43

full

level;8764 wrote:
full;8763 wrote:
Kelechi;8623 wrote:

Is there any VPN that actually promotes privacy protection? And also how can someone be traced by using their VPN history I believe that should be hard to do.

Yes, there are VPNs that actually promote privacy protection but at some point when it is something that has to do with the government they have no other choice than to provide their users private information to the government.

Technically, they didn't provide actually privacy protection to their users because why would a VPN service provider store the private information of their users in the first place is like they are working for the government right from the get-go.

However, it is good for people to read the terms and conditions of a VPN project before using it but I am sure almost all VPN provider company store their user data.

#78 2023-05-17 01:06:47

joanna

full;8774 wrote:
level;8764 wrote:
full;8763 wrote:

However, it is good for people to read the terms and conditions of a VPN project before using it but I am sure almost all VPN provider company store their user data.

If we're to put this into consideration then there's no VPN provider company that is worth totally relying upon or trusting their privacy protection service when privacy is the top priority.

#79 2023-05-17 01:09:31

full

joanna;8775 wrote:
full;8774 wrote:
level;8764 wrote:

If we're to put this into consideration then there's no VPN provider company that is worth totally relying upon or trusting their privacy protection service when privacy is the top priority.

Meanwhile, this is the area where the use of the UtopiaP2P web proxy browser or the use of the Idyll browser comes in whenever privacy is the top priority and I like the fact UtopiaP2P also allows the mirror of the website.

#80 2023-05-17 01:11:47

level

full;8776 wrote:
joanna;8775 wrote:
full;8774 wrote:

Meanwhile, this is the area where the use of the UtopiaP2P web proxy browser or the use of the Idyll browser comes in whenever privacy is the top priority and I like the fact UtopiaP2P also allows the mirror of the website.

Yes, and the good thing is that anyone can mirror a website on the UtopiaP2P ecosystem once they know the required information of the website. Besides, mirroring the website on the UtopiaP2P network is super easy though and it is eternal.

#81 2023-05-17 11:22:07

CrytoCynthia

level;8777 wrote:
full;8776 wrote:
joanna;8775 wrote:

Yes, and the good thing is that anyone can mirror a website on the UtopiaP2P ecosystem once they know the required information of the website. Besides, mirroring the website on the UtopiaP2P network is super easy though and it is eternal.

Does Utopia p2p scrutinize all website that want to be mirrored because not everyone has good intentions It Won't be right that the bad eggs takes advantage of this utilities Utopia p2p is offering.

#82 2023-05-17 14:38:03

KAMSI_UG

CrytoCynthia;8799 wrote:
level;8777 wrote:
full;8776 wrote:

Does Utopia p2p scrutinize all website that want to be mirrored because not everyone has good intentions It Won't be right that the bad eggs takes advantage of this utilities Utopia p2p is offering.

This is also a question I would like to know about, it's not right to just allow every site access to the Utopia p2p ecosystem knowing well it can still be used negatively

#83 2023-05-17 20:08:12

IyaJJJ

CrytoCynthia;8799 wrote:
level;8777 wrote:
full;8776 wrote:

Utopia P2P ecosystem is a totally decentralized project and to maintain the decentralized aspect scrutinize is not introduced on every website that is mirrored on the UtopiaP2P network after all the ecosystem is about liberation.

#84 2023-05-17 21:53:44

PEACEMAKER

IyaJJJ;8900 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;8799 wrote:
level;8777 wrote:

Utopia P2P ecosystem is a totally decentralized project and to maintain the decentralized aspect scrutinize is not introduced on every website that is mirrored on the UtopiaP2P network after all the ecosystem is about liberation.

I think o support the fact that any website that wants to he hosted on the Utopia p2p ecosystem should go throw check to take out bad ones.

#85 2023-05-18 13:38:49

Kelechi

PEACEMAKER;8937 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8900 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;8799 wrote:

I think o support the fact that any website that wants to he hosted on the Utopia p2p ecosystem should go throw check to take out bad ones.

Well then the internet itself should also scrutinize any site on it, it's not possible to check all site on the UtopiaP2P website that's practically not possible.

#86 2023-05-18 15:29:15

Kelechi

Kelechi;8952 wrote:
PEACEMAKER;8937 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8900 wrote:

Well then the internet itself should also scrutinize any site on it, it's not possible to check all site on the UtopiaP2P website that's practically not possible.

Well the UtopiaP2P team considers the whole community at large and not just a set of people so they can't just start checking everything.

#87 2023-05-18 21:32:05

Camavinga

Kelechi;8992 wrote:
Kelechi;8952 wrote:
PEACEMAKER;8937 wrote:

Well the UtopiaP2P team considers the whole community at large and not just a set of people so they can't just start checking everything.

They can not check everything like you said but they can bend down and check for those who are good in certain areas and groom them so they can help you in the future once they get better.

#88 2023-05-18 22:24:35

Lanistergame2

All security measures can not be checked by the developers. Most of the security burden lies on you as a person.  Individuals need to put more work in other to protect themselves

Board footer