Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#226 2023-06-21 21:19:22

Comrade

Re: Warning: Don’t leave your funds on an exchange/crypto service

crpuusd;15323 wrote:
Europ;15296 wrote:
Camavinga;15275 wrote:

The United states branch of Binance is having problems with the U.S sec and nobody knows what is going to happen, if the exchange will be shut down or allowed to continue their operation, but this is why you should not leave funds in exchanges, they can close before you have the chance to withdraw.

In Utopia we are opportune to get to gather our ideas and also contribute different occasions support info. We shouldn't forget that the cryto exchange is actually like any other online website site that can promote to maintenance in any moment. So avoid stressing tbe support system .

Well actually in the Utopia p2p ecosystem its might be hard to get hack or scam in the system right in front of all users cause i believe there is no PM available for now. So if anyone is looking for way to loose is fund probably he or she can overlooked the alarming warning being given and leave his fund in the exchanger

Thats daring, It actually a warning said time to time to make things more sweetable for users who are making transactions.

#227 2023-06-21 21:32:47

PEACEMAKER

crpuusd;15323 wrote:

Well actually in the Utopia p2p ecosystem its might be hard to get hack or scam in the system right in front of all users cause i believe there is no PM available for now. So if anyone is looking for way to loose is fund probably he or she can overlooked the alarming warning being given and leave his fund in the exchanger

I have not looked at it this way but it actually does offer some sort of protection to users of this forum. For you to privately communicate with anyone you have to publicly post your other handles like telegram so others can message you.

#228 2023-06-21 21:54:30

JONSNOWING

A forum like utopia I think Scammers are not in a forum like this because we all openly respond to subgroup discussions and air out or opinions and advice based on their experiences

#229 2023-06-22 05:39:49

gap

JONSNOWING;15356 wrote:

A forum like utopia I think Scammers are not in a forum like this because we all openly respond to subgroup discussions and air out or opinions and advice based on their experiences

Provided the forum forums policy, its  will always be a users nonchalant habit that can leads to scam and hacks

#230 2023-06-22 18:59:14

Camavinga

JONSNOWING;15356 wrote:

Scammers are everywhere, do not think there is a place where there are no scammers, if you think that way you will fall easily for scammers, always believe that it is possible for someone to scam you, if you live that way it will be hard for you to be a victim for scammers.

#231 2023-06-24 10:39:46

Comrade

Camavinga;15456 wrote:
JONSNOWING;15356 wrote:

Scammers are everywhere, do not think there is a place where there are no scammers, if you think that way you will fall easily for scammers, always believe that it is possible for someone to scam you, if you live that way it will be hard for you to be a victim for scammers.

You are right, we all need to be cautious of every sites and moreover is not because the system gave a very secured protocol and principles doesn't makes us to be careless with our information. Lets all be safe

#232 2023-06-24 19:41:16

Detroit

Often, people connect their devices to free Wi-Fi connections, without thinking whether they are secure networks. Avoid using public Wi-Fi networks. If networks are unsecured, your device becomes susceptible to threats.

#233 2023-06-25 06:27:26

Comrade

Detroit;15537 wrote:

Often, people connect their devices to free Wi-Fi connections, without thinking whether they are secure networks. Avoid using public Wi-Fi networks. If networks are unsecured, your device becomes susceptible to threats.

There's also lots of damages and threat  an outdated and unpatched wifi routers can cause when hacked. One has to be careful of wifi hack.

#234 2023-06-25 14:42:20

JONSNOWING

Detroit;15537 wrote:

Thank you for this mate, it’s best to take note of this salient things to avoid inorder to secure one’s device and avoid threats of any form that is not password related

#235 2023-06-25 17:52:34

Europ

Comrade;15665 wrote:
Detroit;15537 wrote:

There's also lots of damages and threat  an outdated and unpatched wifi routers can cause when hacked. One has to be careful of wifi hack.

Unpatched wifi routers can mostly create vulnerability to attack in both PC and mobile device, its quite that its can actually makes hackers eardrops conversation like credit card pins and passcodes . Its also better if the SSID wifi names is changed in other to prevent default attacks.

#236 2023-06-25 18:08:41

Kelechi

Europ;15692 wrote:
Comrade;15665 wrote:
Detroit;15537 wrote:

Unpatched wifi routers can mostly create vulnerability to attack in both PC and mobile device, its quite that its can actually makes hackers eardrops conversation like credit card pins and passcodes . Its also better if the SSID wifi names is changed in other to prevent default attacks.

Well I personally don't like to connect to other people's hotspot I prefer to use my own data for security reasons and uncertainty.

#237 2023-06-25 18:32:21

gap

Kelechi;15693 wrote:
Europ;15692 wrote:
Comrade;15665 wrote:

Well I personally don't like to connect to other people's hotspot I prefer to use my own data for security reasons and uncertainty.

Well one thing i always make sure of is that the whatever devices i'm using for my income works are never or released to the public usage.

#238 2023-06-25 18:32:27

Camavinga

Detroit;15537 wrote:

People do this especially when the lodge in hotels or visit big companies that offer free wifi, the company or hotel may not be out to scam you, but remember that their wifi is handled by one of the workers, this person might be a scammer and set things in it that can spy on you or even steal your crypto.

#239 2023-06-25 20:46:54

Detroit

Cryptocurrency is a digital currency using cryptography to secure transactions. Learn about buying cryptocurrency and cryptocurrency scams to look out for them here on this forum.

Last edited by Detroit (2023-06-25 20:47:33)

#240 2023-06-26 19:32:29

JONSNOWING

Shouldn’t such invasion of one’s device and maybe personal data be reported to an appropriate authority or does the owners of the free Wi-Fi not part of the Device hacking through the connection

#241 2023-06-26 20:02:42

CrytoCynthia

Cybercriminals hack into devices to install cryptojacking software. The software works in the background, mining for cryptocurrencies or stealing from a user.

#242 2023-06-27 13:39:10

crpuusd

JONSNOWING;15964 wrote:

Shouldn’t such invasion of one’s device and maybe personal data be reported to an appropriate authority or does the owners of the free Wi-Fi not part of the Device hacking through the connection

Its might somehow be strategized in the sense that you might not be aware of such phishing or probably array in sense of helplessness.

#243 2023-06-27 17:46:01

KingCRP

crpuusd;16102 wrote:
JONSNOWING;15964 wrote:

Its might somehow be strategized in the sense that you might not be aware of such phishing or probably array in sense of helplessness.

One advice I would always give is that you design your device in such a way that you have some for work and some for other stuffs in other to prevent loses.

#244 2023-06-27 19:26:24

Kelechi

KingCRP;16114 wrote:
crpuusd;16102 wrote:
JONSNOWING;15964 wrote:

One advice I would always give is that you design your device in such a way that you have some for work and some for other stuffs in other to prevent loses.

Well still you can get phishing links on your work device and this can affect you negatively.

#245 2023-06-27 19:55:55

JONSNOWING

This means first call to knowing everything about how to secure one’s device starts with owning one, and also the best solution is to secure our devices around us and how we secure them when not in our care or use

#246 2023-06-27 20:57:10

Camavinga

CrytoCynthia;15991 wrote:

Cybercriminals hack into devices to install cryptojacking software. The software works in the background, mining for cryptocurrencies or stealing from a user.

It is not so easy for cyber criminals to do this, the victim will be the one who will fall for their scam and give them this kind of chance, you have to be careful how you use the device that has your crypto, you should not click on links or visit websites that you are not sure of, even if your crypto isn’t on exchanges and with you, it can still be stolen.

#247 2023-06-27 21:29:38

Detroit

The best way to avoid crypto scams is by educating yourself on the various types of scams out there. That way, you'll be better able to spot scams when people are about to scam you.

#248 2023-06-27 21:49:45

Detroit

A centralized cryptocurrency might lack decentralized governance, meaning that just a few people are able to control the future of the coin.

#249 2023-06-27 22:21:31

CrytoCynthia

Decentralization can foster political stability and economic development if transfers of resources and the transfer of authority and responsibility for public function.

#250 2023-06-27 23:05:45

full

JONSNOWING;15964 wrote:

I don't know what triggers this discussion or the user you're replying to but there's a serious danger in using free Wi-Fi and it's not something every cryptocurrency investor must do.

Board footer