uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#251 2023-06-27 23:06:06

thrive

Re: Warning: Don’t leave your funds on an exchange/crypto service

full;16242 wrote:
JONSNOWING;15964 wrote:

Shouldn’t such invasion of one’s device and maybe personal data be reported to an appropriate authority or does the owners of the free Wi-Fi not part of the Device hacking through the connection

I don't know what triggers this discussion or the user you're replying to but there's a serious danger in using free Wi-Fi and it's not something every cryptocurrency investor must do.

Hackers who mostly access the device's data, including passwords and sensitive information, frequently target public Wi-Fi because it is not always secure.

#252 2023-06-27 23:06:26

IyaJJJ

thrive;16243 wrote:
full;16242 wrote:
JONSNOWING;15964 wrote:

Shouldn’t such invasion of one’s device and maybe personal data be reported to an appropriate authority or does the owners of the free Wi-Fi not part of the Device hacking through the connection

I don't know what triggers this discussion or the user you're replying to but there's a serious danger in using free Wi-Fi and it's not something every cryptocurrency investor must do.

Hackers who mostly access the device's data, including passwords and sensitive information, frequently target public Wi-Fi because it is not always secure.

Meanwhile, data theft, identity theft, and other forms of fraud can result from hackers intercepting data sent between a user and a Wi-Fi network.

#253 2023-06-27 23:06:42

level

IyaJJJ;16244 wrote:
thrive;16243 wrote:
full;16242 wrote:

Meanwhile, data theft, identity theft, and other forms of fraud can result from hackers intercepting data sent between a user and a Wi-Fi network.

Attackers can create a phony wireless access point to steal login credentials, and financial information, and to set up malicious software like Trojan viruses.

#254 2023-06-27 23:07:39

joanna

level;16245 wrote:
IyaJJJ;16244 wrote:
thrive;16243 wrote:

Attackers can create a phony wireless access point to steal login credentials, and financial information, and to set up malicious software like Trojan viruses.

Users who send sensitive information like banking details, login credentials, emails, and messages over some public Wi-Fi hotspots are exposed to eavesdropping.

#255 2023-06-27 23:13:03

full

joanna;16246 wrote:
level;16245 wrote:
IyaJJJ;16244 wrote:

Users who send sensitive information like banking details, login credentials, emails, and messages over some public Wi-Fi hotspots are exposed to eavesdropping.

Rogue hotspots can impersonate trustworthy Wi-Fi networks to tempt users into connecting to their nefarious network, compromising security protection.

#256 2023-06-27 23:13:33

IyaJJJ

full;16249 wrote:
joanna;16246 wrote:
level;16245 wrote:

Rogue hotspots can impersonate trustworthy Wi-Fi networks to tempt users into connecting to their nefarious network, compromising security protection.

Public Wi-Fi networks lack privacy, and if you use a shared network, other users may be able to view your device's files or monitor your online activity.

#257 2023-06-27 23:14:43

level

IyaJJJ;16250 wrote:
full;16249 wrote:
joanna;16246 wrote:

Public Wi-Fi networks lack privacy, and if you use a shared network, other users may be able to view your device's files or monitor your online activity.

Despite public or free Wi-Fi provide easy access to the internet, public Wi-Fi networks can expose users to the risk of data theft and other online crimes.

#258 2023-06-27 23:15:05

joanna

level;16251 wrote:
IyaJJJ;16250 wrote:
full;16249 wrote:

Despite public or free Wi-Fi provide easy access to the internet, public Wi-Fi networks can expose users to the risk of data theft and other online crimes.

When using public Wi-Fi networks, users should use caution and refrain from accessing sensitive information or don't use it at all.

#259 2023-06-27 23:15:21

full

joanna;16252 wrote:
level;16251 wrote:
IyaJJJ;16250 wrote:

When using public Wi-Fi networks, users should use caution and refrain from accessing sensitive information or don't use it at all.

To increase security when using a public Wi-Fi network, it is recommended to use Virtual Private Network (VPN) software or privately owned hotspots.

#260 2023-06-27 23:16:21

Europ

joanna;16246 wrote:
level;16245 wrote:
IyaJJJ;16244 wrote:

Its accountable that some wi-fi are mostly turn on as bait. Where there's lack of tech knowledge there is always a victims to theft.

#261 2023-06-28 19:24:07

JONSNOWING

Europ;16254 wrote:
joanna;16246 wrote:
level;16245 wrote:

Its accountable that some wi-fi are mostly turn on as bait. Where there's lack of tech knowledge there is always a victims to theft.

These are the reasons why being on this forum remains a great advancement for me in my knowledge about cryptocurrency. I think means that this scammers cannot operate with may not exist. The best advice is to generally be security cautious

#262 2023-06-28 19:43:43

Kelechi

I have to say it has to be an inexperienced member that would actually leave their funds on an exchange even after all the warnings.

#263 2023-06-28 20:01:54

Comrade

Kelechi;16364 wrote:

I have to say it has to be an inexperienced member that would actually leave their funds on an exchange even after all the warnings.

Its might be quite obvious that a newbies can actually fall victim, due to inadequate to get the this message.

#264 2023-06-28 20:27:49

Camavinga

Kelechi;16364 wrote:

Even many experienced members leave their cryptocurrencies on an exhange, some of them know the risk but they are very lazy to control their own wallet so they want the exchange to help them to protect their crypto, so if the exchange fails they will lose their crypto.

#265 2023-06-28 21:07:55

crpuusd

Camavinga;16388 wrote:
Kelechi;16364 wrote:

Even many experienced members leave their cryptocurrencies on an exhange, some of them know the risk but they are very lazy to control their own wallet so they want the exchange to help them to protect their crypto, so if the exchange fails they will lose their crypto.

Unwise of them to make such moves. Its ridiculous having a secured wallet and uncompromised ecosystem to save your funds and a users chooses to abuse the privilege.

#266 2023-06-28 21:55:54

PEACEMAKER

Camavinga;16388 wrote:

You are very write about this. When you try to caution some of them about the practice they tell you about SAFU and how it is protecting them.
The feel cause hacks do not happen that often the chances of being a victim is very low but they are wrong.

#267 2023-06-28 21:58:56

gap

PEACEMAKER;16432 wrote:
Camavinga;16388 wrote:

You are very write about this. When you try to caution some of them about the practice they tell you about SAFU and how it is protecting them.
The feel cause hacks do not happen that often the chances of being a victim is very low but they are wrong.

So do you actually mean that's it might not be risky to leave your fund in the exchange.

#268 2023-06-28 22:03:04

PEACEMAKER

gap;16435 wrote:

So do you actually mean that's it might not be risky to leave your fund in the exchange.

I am saying the exact opposite that it is risky to leave your funds and private information on an exchange where you have no control over what happens to the asset.
SAFU does not protect users and they should always brave up for the next hack that steals their funds or information.

#269 2023-06-28 23:03:03

Europ

PEACEMAKER;16438 wrote:
gap;16435 wrote:

I am saying the exact opposite that it is risky to leave your funds and private information on an exchange where you have no control over what happens to the asset.
SAFU does not protect users and they should always brave up for the next hack that steals their funds or information.

I like your idea and i will like to add, apart from leaving the fund i will suggest that all eyes are clear before any transaction is made and necessary tabs are watched closely.

#270 2023-06-29 17:06:40

Camavinga

There is a trending news about someone who lost a big money to an exchange, i think the money is $32k, the person lost the money and took the exchange to court, i don’t know if the person is expecting to win the case in court, but if that person did not keep that money in an exchange, they would have not lost it.

#271 2023-06-29 17:24:32

Lanistergame2

Camavinga;16536 wrote:

There is a trending news about someone who lost a big money to an exchange, i think the money is $32k, the person lost the money and took the exchange to court, i don’t know if the person is expecting to win the case in court, but if that person did not keep that money in an exchange, they would have not lost it.

Chance of winning in court is very slim for the user. Exchanges have so many terms of service to protect themselves if there is a loss by a user and they have some which allow them seize your coins for literally no reason.

Best advice is to not store that amount on an exchange to start with.

#272 2023-06-29 19:47:37

Detroit

If registered with the SEC, crypto exchanges would be forced to adopt technology systems to make their order books audit-compliant. They would also face strict protocols.

#273 2023-06-29 20:41:44

crpuusd

With the involvement of SEC its definitely going serve the decentralized system a change in blockchains, making it more porous and increase in tax rate.

#274 2023-06-29 20:47:58

KingCRP

I am definitely not going to feel bad for any one who actually leaves their funds on exchanges because I believe that it's risky and doesn't show they have a good understanding of what an exchange is all about.

#275 2023-06-29 22:30:51

PEACEMAKER

KingCRP;16600 wrote:

I am definitely not going to feel bad for any one who actually leaves their funds on exchanges because I believe that it's risky and doesn't show they have a good understanding of what an exchange is all about.

It is ignorance that causes some people to leave their funds on an exchange. Many experienced members tend to do it so newbies to the space just copy them also stall on exchanges.

All we can do is try to educate as many people as possible of the dangers associated with it.

Board footer