Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#51 2023-06-10 23:25:14

Vastextension

Re: Guides, Precaution for P C and Utopia

level;13198 wrote:
joanna;13197 wrote:
oba;13196 wrote:

Ignoring privacy in cryptocurrency can be considered unwise, as it can leave users vulnerable to various risks such as theft, hacking, and surveillance.

Privacy is one of the core features of cryptocurrency, and it is important that users take advantage of the technology to protect their financial privacy and personal data.

While some may argue that there are situations where privacy may not be necessary, it is always better to err on the side of caution and maintain privacy as a fundamental principle of using cryptocurrency.

Yes, of course, it is better to put safety first because cautiousness is not foolishness and anything can happen in cryptocurrency.

#52 2023-06-11 18:36:48

Europ

Vastextension;13199 wrote:
level;13198 wrote:
joanna;13197 wrote:

Privacy is one of the core features of cryptocurrency, and it is important that users take advantage of the technology to protect their financial privacy and personal data.

While some may argue that there are situations where privacy may not be necessary, it is always better to err on the side of caution and maintain privacy as a fundamental principle of using cryptocurrency.

Yes, of course, it is better to put safety first because cautiousness is not foolishness and anything can happen in cryptocurrency.

Yes you are right, I might as well relate to an occurrence of lost of funds due to improper device safety

#53 2023-06-12 14:58:31

Comrade

Europ;13275 wrote:
level;13198 wrote:

Yes you are right, I might as well relate to an occurrence of lost of funds due to improper device safety

As we can all see that attack are or hacking are not the only way to lose your datas and fund. Proper handling of your devices is also necessary.

#54 2023-06-12 23:00:17

oba

Europ;13275 wrote:
level;13198 wrote:

One of the greatest risks of cryptocurrency ownership is the risk of losing your coins or tokens due to improper device safety. Therefore, cryptocurrency investors need to take the necessary precaution to prevent the loss of their cryptocurrencies

#55 2023-06-12 23:18:19

IyaJJJ

oba;13543 wrote:
Europ;13275 wrote:

One of the greatest risks of cryptocurrency ownership is the risk of losing your coins or tokens due to improper device safety. Therefore, cryptocurrency investors need to take the necessary precaution to prevent the loss of their cryptocurrencies

One of the necessary precautions is getting a hardware wallet which is a type of wallet that is not vulnerable to hack attacks as it stores your coins in an offline environment.

#56 2023-06-12 23:18:36

thrive

IyaJJJ;13559 wrote:
oba;13543 wrote:
Europ;13275 wrote:

One of the necessary precautions is getting a hardware wallet which is a type of wallet that is not vulnerable to hack attacks as it stores your coins in an offline environment.

However, precautions still need to be taken because hardware wallets can be vulnerable to physical attack.

#57 2023-06-12 23:18:51

full

thrive;13560 wrote:
IyaJJJ;13559 wrote:
oba;13543 wrote:

However, precautions still need to be taken because hardware wallets can be vulnerable to physical attack.

I suggest that people keep their private keys offline. Memorize it if they can or write it down in a secure place and never store it on your computer or mobile phone.

#58 2023-06-12 23:19:07

joanna

full;13561 wrote:
thrive;13560 wrote:
IyaJJJ;13559 wrote:

I suggest that people keep their private keys offline. Memorize it if they can or write it down in a secure place and never store it on your computer or mobile phone.

Protecting computer and mobile devices with strong passwords and using a reliable password manager to generate and store your passwords securely. Make sure to use two-factor authentication wherever possible.

#59 2023-06-12 23:19:23

level

joanna;13562 wrote:
full;13561 wrote:
thrive;13560 wrote:

Protecting computer and mobile devices with strong passwords and using a reliable password manager to generate and store your passwords securely. Make sure to use two-factor authentication wherever possible.

Keeping your computer or mobile phone's operating system and antivirus software up-to-date to prevent your device from getting infected with malware or viruses is also good.

#60 2023-06-12 23:19:41

IyaJJJ

level;13563 wrote:
joanna;13562 wrote:
full;13561 wrote:

Keeping your computer or mobile phone's operating system and antivirus software up-to-date to prevent your device from getting infected with malware or viruses is also good.

Avoid clicking on links that are unsolicited and always validate the authenticity of websites and email links before sharing your personal information or entering the token to any site.

#61 2023-06-12 23:19:56

full

IyaJJJ;13564 wrote:
level;13563 wrote:
joanna;13562 wrote:

Avoid clicking on links that are unsolicited and always validate the authenticity of websites and email links before sharing your personal information or entering the token to any site.

Make sure to only use reputable wallets and exchanges that have a proven track record of secure storage and transactions.

#62 2023-06-13 13:17:55

Europ

full;13565 wrote:
IyaJJJ;13564 wrote:
level;13563 wrote:

Make sure to only use reputable wallets and exchanges that have a proven track record of secure storage and transactions.

Make sure your password not hanging around or too close to be figure out. Try and always log off your PC before sharing it with someone else.

#63 2023-07-28 19:00:55

crpuusd

Europ;13638 wrote:
full;13565 wrote:
IyaJJJ;13564 wrote:

Make sure your password not hanging around or too close to be figure out. Try and always log off your PC before sharing it with someone else.

You are very much right and its essential that users restrict from any kind of risk ,like don't ever gamble with your account in the sense that you find a new secured  wallet to store your crypton coin.

#64 2023-07-28 20:55:28

Comrade

crpuusd;19678 wrote:
Europ;13638 wrote:
full;13565 wrote:

You are very much right and its essential that users restrict from any kind of risk ,like don't ever gamble with your account in the sense that you find a new secured  wallet to store your crypton coin.

Its better to continue making use of that same wallet that have been securing your coin for ages rather than lust over a wallet that is sugar coated to in order to wipe your funds off.

#65 2023-08-21 21:15:18

gap

Comrade;19720 wrote:
crpuusd;19678 wrote:
Europ;13638 wrote:

Its better to continue making use of that same wallet that have been securing your coin for ages rather than lust over a wallet that is sugar coated to in order to wipe your funds off.

Well its true. Some people don't actually understand that their are some platform out their created on a falsified establishment whose primary goals are to give support to people but on the long run their secondary goals bewildered the trust of users.

#66 2023-09-02 19:53:33

Europ

gap;20780 wrote:
Comrade;19720 wrote:
crpuusd;19678 wrote:

Well its true. Some people don't actually understand that their are some platform out their created on a falsified establishment whose primary goals are to give support to people but on the long run their secondary goals bewildered the trust of users.

This so called established Bewitched users to engaged in all kinds of investment with so call higher ROI. Most people are actually moved by Father Christmas funding brands. In which the services collapse at a great  profits.

#67 2023-09-03 17:49:39

Comrade

Store crypton in wallet and not exchange platforms. Save your secret keys on a hard drive, external if possible. Install a strong antivirus on your system to prevent hack. Do not save passwords on your computer.

#68 2023-09-03 17:53:33

Europ

Comrade;21317 wrote:

Store crypton in wallet and not exchange platforms. Save your secret keys on a hard drive, external if possible. Install a strong antivirus on your system to prevent hack. Do not save passwords on your computer.

Absolutely agree with this, most sensible way by far, in my humble opinion. There is never total security but it's the closest approach and also at least some people prefer cold storage.

Last edited by Europ (2023-09-03 17:54:09)

#69 2023-09-03 18:00:45

gap

Europ;21318 wrote:
Comrade;21317 wrote:

Absolutely agree with this, most sensible way by far, in my humble opinion. There is never total security but it's the closest approach and also at least some people prefer cold storage.

Paper wallets or hardware wallets is one way to go, but once lost, it's gone. Some online wallets have 2FA for logins and for each attempt of a transaction. It also notifies you whenever a new IP address logs in to your account and stores the cryptocurrencies in an offline (cold storages). It provides a very secure environment for all users and promotes safety for such an era.

#70 2023-09-03 18:03:46

crpuusd

gap;21319 wrote:
Europ;21318 wrote:
Comrade;21317 wrote:

Paper wallets or hardware wallets is one way to go, but once lost, it's gone. Some online wallets have 2FA for logins and for each attempt of a transaction. It also notifies you whenever a new IP address logs in to your account and stores the cryptocurrencies in an offline (cold storages). It provides a very secure environment for all users and promotes safety for such an era.

Multiple-Factor Authentication on several levels of a website or decentralised system go a very long way. But yes, I'm also in agreement that Cold Storage is the way to go.

#71 2023-09-03 18:13:41

Comrade

crpuusd;21320 wrote:
gap;21319 wrote:
Europ;21318 wrote:

Multiple-Factor Authentication on several levels of a website or decentralised system go a very long way. But yes, I'm also in agreement that Cold Storage is the way to go.

I think converting your wallet to paper wallet by storing it in a cold storage is the best practice I have done so far for making my wallet safe. I also change the passwords on regular basis which is also a good habit. What are your thoughts traders?

#72 2023-09-03 18:19:47

crpuusd

Comrade;21321 wrote:
crpuusd;21320 wrote:
gap;21319 wrote:

I think converting your wallet to paper wallet by storing it in a cold storage is the best practice I have done so far for making my wallet safe. I also change the passwords on regular basis which is also a good habit. What are your thoughts traders?

To be fair, the biggest security is when you are aware of all the developments that work around the field. IF you sure of that then you are sure to get plenty of rewards but if you don’t then it automatically puts you in major risk.I make it my priority to keep myself updated with all around news in Utopia.

#73 2023-09-05 18:42:34

thrive

crpuusd;21322 wrote:
Comrade;21321 wrote:
crpuusd;21320 wrote:

To be fair, the biggest security is when you are aware of all the developments that work around the field. IF you sure of that then you are sure to get plenty of rewards but if you don’t then it automatically puts you in major risk.I make it my priority to keep myself updated with all around news in Utopia.

I can mention that Crypton coin is often considered a well-established and widely recognized privacy cryptocurrency with a robust security track record.

#74 2023-09-05 18:42:54

Vastextension

thrive;21452 wrote:
crpuusd;21322 wrote:
Comrade;21321 wrote:

I can mention that Crypton coin is often considered a well-established and widely recognized privacy cryptocurrency with a robust security track record.

Crypton coin security is primarily based on its underlying technology, blockchain, which utilizes cryptographic principles to secure transactions and protect the integrity of the network.

#75 2023-09-05 18:43:20

level

Vastextension;21453 wrote:
thrive;21452 wrote:
crpuusd;21322 wrote:

Crypton coin security is primarily based on its underlying technology, blockchain, which utilizes cryptographic principles to secure transactions and protect the integrity of the network.

That being said, it's important to note that no cryptocurrency is entirely immune to security risks.

Board footer