Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#26 2023-06-09 21:36:12

thrive

Re: Binance sued by the SEC

Vastextension;12971 wrote:
level;12970 wrote:
oba;12969 wrote:

Then the Binance lawsuit came as part of the broader U.S. government crackdown on the cryptocurrency industry.

The SEC has been working to enforce securities laws and protect investors in the fast-growing and often unregulated cryptocurrency market, with the Binance lawsuit acting as a warning to other cryptocurrency exchanges facilitating US resident activity who have not properly registered with the SEC.

Binance denies any alleged wrongdoing and claims that they have been cooperating with the SEC throughout the investigation. Binance still plans to support U.S. customers, now its subsidiary, Binance.US has received all required licenses and approvals from the proper regulators.

The Binance lawsuit highlights the increasing regulatory scrutiny faced by cryptocurrency centralized exchanges and emphasizes the importance of compliance with securities laws.

#27 2023-06-10 05:50:21

Comrade

thrive;12972 wrote:
Vastextension;12971 wrote:
level;12970 wrote:

The SEC has been working to enforce securities laws and protect investors in the fast-growing and often unregulated cryptocurrency market, with the Binance lawsuit acting as a warning to other cryptocurrency exchanges facilitating US resident activity who have not properly registered with the SEC.

Binance denies any alleged wrongdoing and claims that they have been cooperating with the SEC throughout the investigation. Binance still plans to support U.S. customers, now its subsidiary, Binance.US has received all required licenses and approvals from the proper regulators.

The Binance lawsuit highlights the increasing regulatory scrutiny faced by cryptocurrency centralized exchanges and emphasizes the importance of compliance with securities laws.

And this will stand as a case study to other centralised and decentralized crypto currency platform to legitimately keeps tabs on their partners and users services to ensure the safety for the general users and stability

#28 2023-06-10 18:55:08

PEACEMAKER

thrive;12972 wrote:

Many of the times decentralized exchanges are actually compliant with regulations but the SEC looks for new ways to make the rules more strict. This makes it difficult for the exchanges to keep up.

#29 2023-06-10 18:59:42

Detroit

The company’s payment and banking partners “signaled their intent” to close out USD trading with Binance due to the Securities and Exchange Commission’s lawsuit filed Monday alleging the company was dodging regulation and operating illegally.

#30 2023-06-10 19:01:27

Camavinga

The SEC said the freeze request was an effort to protect U.S. customers’ assets and safety given Binance’s “evasion of regulatory oversight, and open questions about various financial transfers and the custody and control of Customer Assets.”

#31 2023-06-10 21:08:02

full

Camavinga;13052 wrote:

The SEC said the freeze request was an effort to protect U.S. customers’ assets and safety given Binance’s “evasion of regulatory oversight, and open questions about various financial transfers and the custody and control of Customer Assets.”

Some government agencies and their lies. This is why I don't like almost everything that has to do with the government because all sets are filled with political games and strategy.

#32 2023-06-10 21:37:59

Dozie

full;13134 wrote:
Camavinga;13052 wrote:

Some government agencies and their lies. This is why I don't like almost everything that has to do with the government because all sets are filled with political games and strategy.

Almost all government agency are very used or popular for lying and they would always do everything possible to tarnish the image of Crypto-currency in the long run that's their target .

#33 2023-06-10 21:54:45

CrytoCynthia

What's the problem with the SEC and cryptocurrency this aged rivalries I think the sex has just been mad about CRP crypton and ever since they have feeled the urge to control it

#34 2023-06-10 21:58:21

Europ

Dozie;13144 wrote:
full;13134 wrote:
Camavinga;13052 wrote:

Almost all government agency are very used or popular for lying and they would always do everything possible to tarnish the image of Crypto-currency in the long run that's their target .

Seem like there's an internal capital war within the U S organization either one way all the other most richest investors have similar kind of government issues which actually affect their financial reputation.

#35 2023-06-10 23:39:14

level

full;13134 wrote:
Camavinga;13052 wrote:

Never mind the US SEC with their naive statement of saying they are protecting the US customer assets when Binance exchange is one of the most trusted centralized exchanges and none of the US customers complain about their asset or investment.

#36 2023-06-10 23:39:36

IyaJJJ

level;13225 wrote:
full;13134 wrote:
Camavinga;13052 wrote:

Never mind the US SEC with their naive statement of saying they are protecting the US customer assets when Binance exchange is one of the most trusted centralized exchanges and none of the US customers complain about their asset or investment.

Different folks have different strokes. The EU way of doing things is regulation while the US way of doing things is lawsuit.   lol
The sad thing is that their doing is hurting the cryptocurrency market.

#37 2023-06-10 23:39:59

thrive

IyaJJJ;13226 wrote:
level;13225 wrote:
full;13134 wrote:

Different folks have different strokes. The EU way of doing things is regulation while the US way of doing things is lawsuit.   lol

I think the problem is not Binance but the US SEC leader Gary Gensler who use his 2 years in office to attack the cryptocurrency market. Besides, I read that he's just trying to get back at Binance because he was not once hired for an advisor position by the exchange.

#38 2023-06-10 23:40:18

oba

thrive;13227 wrote:
IyaJJJ;13226 wrote:
level;13225 wrote:

I think the problem is not Binance but the US SEC leader Gary Gensler who use his 2 years in office to attack the cryptocurrency market. Besides, I read that he's just trying to get back at Binance because he was not once hired for an advisor position by the exchange.

Although, the US SEC is a regulatory agency that is responsible for enforcing securities laws in the United States. The SEC's mission is to protect investors, maintain fair and orderly markets, and promote capital formation but they are abusing their power.

#39 2023-06-10 23:40:42

joanna

oba;13228 wrote:
thrive;13227 wrote:
IyaJJJ;13226 wrote:

Although, the US SEC is a regulatory agency that is responsible for enforcing securities laws in the United States. The SEC's mission is to protect investors, maintain fair and orderly markets, and promote capital formation but they are abusing their power.

What I know is that if the SEC becomes aware of any wrongdoing or violation of securities laws, it has the authority to investigate and take appropriate regulatory actions to enforce compliance with these laws but is Binance really guilty?

#40 2023-06-10 23:41:18

level

joanna;13229 wrote:
oba;13228 wrote:
thrive;13227 wrote:

What I know is that if the SEC becomes aware of any wrongdoing or violation of securities laws, it has the authority to investigate and take appropriate regulatory actions to enforce compliance with these laws but is Binance really guilty?

if the SEC identifies a violation by Binance US, it would take necessary regulatory actions to protect the customers. Everything will come to light soon.

#41 2023-06-10 23:41:42

IyaJJJ

level;13230 wrote:
joanna;13229 wrote:
oba;13228 wrote:

if the SEC identifies a violation by Binance US, it would take necessary regulatory actions to protect the customers. Everything will come to light soon.

However, it is important to note that the SEC does not guarantee the safety or profitability of investment; rather, it works to promote fair and transparent market practices and protect investors from fraud or illegal activities.

#42 2023-06-10 23:42:07

thrive

IyaJJJ;13231 wrote:
level;13230 wrote:
joanna;13229 wrote:

However, it is important to note that the SEC does not guarantee the safety or profitability of investment; rather, it works to promote fair and transparent market practices and protect investors from fraud or illegal activities.

I like what you just pointed out now because we have a situation where some cryptocurrency investors misunderstand the duty of the US SEC. But, can the US SEC be trusted?

#43 2023-06-10 23:42:30

oba

thrive;13232 wrote:
IyaJJJ;13231 wrote:
level;13230 wrote:

I like what you just pointed out now because we have a situation where some cryptocurrency investors misunderstand the duty of the US SEC. But, can the US SEC be trusted?

I think that's a topic for another day cause everything depends on the US SEC leader that's in office and how honest he's to the people and to himself.

#44 2023-06-10 23:42:51

level

oba;13233 wrote:
thrive;13232 wrote:
IyaJJJ;13231 wrote:

I think that's a topic for another day cause everything depends on the US SEC leader that's in office and how honest he's to the people and to himself.

No organization is perfect, the SEC has a history of taking action against fraud and other violations of securities law and aims to promote a fair and transparent marketplace.

#45 2023-06-10 23:43:24

IyaJJJ

level;13234 wrote:
oba;13233 wrote:
thrive;13232 wrote:

No organization is perfect, the SEC has a history of taking action against fraud and other violations of securities law and aims to promote a fair and transparent marketplace.

Investors should always conduct their own research and seek expert advice before making any investment decisions. Is the US SEC report legit?

#46 2023-06-10 23:43:57

thrive

IyaJJJ;13235 wrote:
level;13234 wrote:
oba;13233 wrote:

Investors should always conduct their own research and seek expert advice before making any investment decisions. Is the US SEC report legit?

Yes
SEC filings are general details and can be accessed for free online through the EDGAR system. Businesses may also maintain their own copy on their corporate websites, which are accessible through their investor relations section.

#47 2023-06-11 10:37:35

Lanistergame2

level;13234 wrote:

The SEC has one duty, which is to enforce regulations and centralization. Cryptocurrency already contradicts that and as such is at conflict with the SEC.
This does not mean the SEC is corrupt but some of their policies are aimed at regulating the crypto market as much as possible.

#48 2023-06-11 15:43:03

Comrade

Lanistergame2;13245 wrote:
level;13234 wrote:

The SEC has one duty, which is to enforce regulations and centralization. Cryptocurrency already contradicts that and as such is at conflict with the SEC.
This does not mean the SEC is corrupt but some of their policies are aimed at regulating the crypto market as much as possible.

SEC can just be unpredictable sometimes and also doing the do at thesame time.

#49 2023-06-12 19:48:25

Detroit

Comrade;13258 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>Lanistergame2;13245 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><div class="quotebox"><cite>level;13234 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>No organization is perfect, the SEC has a history of taking action against fraud and other violations of securities law and aims to promote a fair and transparent marketplace.</p></div></blockquote></div><p>The SEC has one duty, which is to enforce regulations and centralization. Cryptocurrency already contradicts that and as such is at conflict with the SEC. <br />This does not mean the SEC is corrupt but some of their policies are aimed at regulating the crypto market as much as possible.</p></div></blockquote></div><p>SEC can just be unpredictable sometimes and also doing the do at thesame time.</p>

What do you mean exactly mate? I personally think that they are doing a great job out there. At least they are helping to reduce the crime rate in the society.

#50 2023-06-12 20:44:12

PEACEMAKER

Detroit;13473 wrote:

What do you mean exactly mate? I personally think that they are doing a great job out there. At least they are helping to reduce the crime rate in the society.

For the umpteenth time, regulations does not reduce crime rate and that is not even the main objective the government makes it mandatory.
They do not have a record of reducing crime rate

Board footer