uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-15 13:51:19

Ollester

Hotspot shield VPN slow

I have just switched to Vodafone ISP and am getting the contracted 70 plus Mbps download. When I turn hotspot on I am only getting about 4-5mbps. I have tried us,Australia,UK to see if it alters but it doesn't. Surprisingly my IP address is always us based even when I select australia during some testing. Hotspot is supposed to be fast amd i have the premium package. Any help great fully received
Thankyou

#2 2021-02-15 14:41:40

HanBaoCinch

Re: Hotspot shield VPN slow

A VPN has so far been slower than no VPN. As to the surprise about the IP address that's what a VPN does (georelocation) so my thought here is this is you learning about VPNs.

As to Hotspot being fast, that claim is against other VPNs and not a comparison to operation without a VPN.

#3 2021-02-15 14:52:18

lolapolooza

Re: Hotspot shield VPN slow

I'm aware vpns are slower but many note increased speeds but generally a 20-30% drop seems standard not 80%. So if I pick say Japan as my location I can still be seen as being in the US..how does this help if I'm trying to get specific location content. Thought access was based on the IP location. Yes I am learning but concerned about the massive drop in speed which doesn't seem normal

Board footer