uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-19 14:21:51

HanBaoCinch

Why would some people's A/V flag my domains as malicious?

This was in another thread, basically lot of people saying that images from my server either don't show up, or get flagged by their antivirus as being malicious. What would cause this and how can I fix it? The domain in question is gal.redsquirrel.me, but I assume it would probably do it to all my domains as they are all on the same server, so there's uovalor.com, iceteks.com as others to check.

Is there some kind of "RBL" list that I might be in?

#2 2021-02-19 14:28:35

lolapolooza

Re: Why would some people's A/V flag my domains as malicious?

(nevermind, that was rude of me)

Honestly, I don't know, but the way that browsers are getting, in terms of trying to be "Ultra Secure", some of them are no longer trusting "LetsEncrypt" domains, nor HTTP-only links.

#3 2021-02-19 15:07:20

Drassen

If you go to the " View Page Info / Security" of those 3 sites, 'iceteks' is the only one that shows "verified by: Let's Encrypt".
'redsquirrel.me' has no cert at all & 'uovalor' says "this connection is not secure" but that could be just mixed content.
UsandThem mentioned that his AV gets triggered in every thread you post in & you have the 'uovalor' site linked under your username so i assume that's the problem there.

Why some AV doesn't like that i'm not sure. I could understand the browsers throwing out a message with the ways things are going with them.

#4 2021-03-01 18:33:12

HanBaoCinch

That's just images though, if someone posts an image to the forum that is not off a secure site it will caused the mixed content warning. Are A/V software seriously freaking out over that now? That seems a little over the top. The actual login part is still encrypted.

Board footer