uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-24 06:44:13

Toxa
Member
Registered: 2021-01-29
Posts: 10

Network bandwidth

Hello, what is the reason for such a low bandwidth of the network utopia? What can be done to make it work faster, what are you planning to do to make it work faster? What are the obstacles to increasing speed?
FluxBB bbcode test

Offline

#2 2021-02-25 20:55:32

abraxas
Member
Registered: 2020-11-20
Posts: 1

Re: Network bandwidth

Toxa;389 wrote:

<p>Hello, what is the reason for such a low bandwidth of the network utopia? What can be done to make it work faster, what are you planning to do to make it work faster? What are the obstacles to increasing speed?<br /><span class="postimg"><img src="http://ubox/Upload/Pics/turtle.jpg" alt="FluxBB bbcode test" /></span></p>

Hey!
Perhaps the speed is lost when using the 4G/mobile internet?

Offline

#3 2021-03-01 17:55:56

Dr-Hack
Moderator
Registered: 2020-11-20
Posts: 70

Re: Network bandwidth

Because its p2p , any decentralized network is slow especially when it has to perform so much task ... syncing every network action with every client and maintaining the hierarchy of msg's ,inbox chat etc ...

Utopia is not slow as there is some fault but it is slow for the initial syncs because of reasons mentioned above, have your tried visiting some utopia optimized sites ? that is not slow, because those get offered by just checking the network against the registered client running the uNS and fetching data from them.

Obstacles have been highlighted, I can't speak for the team what they are doing to increase speed which we are so accustomed off due to centralized servers but if something on the lines could be done, like I run my own miner which is sort of my relay station and whenever I come online my miner quickly updates my client for the time I was offline ... that could greatly help and the same miner can help me in generating CRYPTONs and keep my client and chat quick

smile

Offline

#4 2021-12-14 18:09:56

Cromanes
Member
Registered: 2021-12-10
Posts: 316

Re: Network bandwidth

I will also ask a similar question. Why is the synchronization of actions in the Utopia client in different devices not equal?

Offline

#5 2022-02-14 15:23:46

Gordon
Member
Registered: 2022-02-13
Posts: 40

Re: Network bandwidth

Cromanes;1209 wrote:

I will also ask a similar question. Why is the synchronization of actions in the Utopia client in different devices not equal?

Hi. I think I have a suspicion that a certain cache that increases the weight of the case from your account in the messenger in Utopia is saved everywhere differently and therefore your account should be used in turn constantly backup it before each use on a new device and back again.

Offline

#6 2022-06-12 18:45:08

N3koSempai
Member
From: UtopiaCity
Registered: 2022-06-12
Posts: 47

Re: Network bandwidth

Toxa;389 wrote:

<p>Hello, what is the reason for such a low bandwidth of the network utopia? What can be done to make it work faster, what are you planning to do to make it work faster? What are the obstacles to increasing speed?<br /><span class="postimg"><img src="http://ubox/Upload/Pics/turtle.jpg" alt="FluxBB bbcode test" /></span></p>

As far as I understand, it works on top of Tor. Something that in itself is very very slow. It is not suitable for playing videos. They would have to rethink the base because there is a theoretical limit here in a world where more and more people want more speed.


I am a software developer in C/C++ and Python

Offline

#7 2022-09-06 02:51:55

Cromanes
Member
Registered: 2021-12-10
Posts: 316

Re: Network bandwidth

N3koSempai;1806 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>Toxa;389 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>&lt;p&gt;Hello, what is the reason for such a low bandwidth of the network utopia? What can be done to make it work faster, what are you planning to do to make it work faster? What are the obstacles to increasing speed?&lt;br /&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postimg&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://ubox/Upload/Pics/turtle.jpg&quot; alt=&quot;FluxBB bbcode test&quot; /&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;</p></div></blockquote></div><p>As far as I understand, it works on top of Tor. Something that in itself is very very slow. It is not suitable for playing videos. They would have to rethink the base because there is a theoretical limit here in a world where more and more people want more speed.</p>

Utopia can't load an extra 15 bytes of a pathetic image. What is there to talk about video in general?

Offline

#8 2022-12-30 20:39:06

CrytoCynthia
Member
Registered: 2022-11-19
Posts: 2,584

Re: Network bandwidth

Well I don’t see what you talking about mate, the Utopia p2p network is working at a standard speed for me, I really don’t know what you expectations are but the speed of Utopia p2p network is good.

Offline

#9 2023-05-21 19:28:26

crpuusd
Member
From: Blockchain
Registered: 2022-12-13
Posts: 1,896

Re: Network bandwidth

CrytoCynthia;2399 wrote:

Well I don’t see what you talking about mate, the Utopia p2p network is working at a standard speed for me, I really don’t know what you expectations are but the speed of Utopia p2p network is good.

Well it can also result in the devices  processor range and accessibilities strength of the system when is has much software to process in a goal.

Offline

#10 2023-05-21 19:35:54

crpuusd
Member
From: Blockchain
Registered: 2022-12-13
Posts: 1,896

Re: Network bandwidth

crpuusd;9520 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;2399 wrote:

Well I don’t see what you talking about mate, the Utopia p2p network is working at a standard speed for me, I really don’t know what you expectations are but the speed of Utopia p2p network is good.

Well it can also result in the devices  processor range and accessibilities strength of the system when is has much software to process in a goal.

To what i have seen and that have been said earlier you should under that utopia p2p  its a heavy decentralized site as other decentralized sites as well. Maybe i should drop a step to make your system more faster.

Offline

#11 2023-05-21 20:15:18

KAMSI_UG
Member
Registered: 2022-12-26
Posts: 2,204

Re: Network bandwidth

crpuusd;9521 wrote:
crpuusd;9520 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;2399 wrote:

Well I don’t see what you talking about mate, the Utopia p2p network is working at a standard speed for me, I really don’t know what you expectations are but the speed of Utopia p2p network is good.

Well it can also result in the devices  processor range and accessibilities strength of the system when is has much software to process in a goal.

To what i have seen and that have been said earlier you should under that utopia p2p  its a heavy decentralized site as other decentralized sites as well. Maybe i should drop a step to make your system more faster.

I was in an argument with someone he was claiming that crypton exchange is not decentralized I was really surprised so what do you think about that

Offline

#12 2023-07-16 23:47:07

thrive
Member
Registered: 2023-01-04
Posts: 2,202

Re: Network bandwidth

KAMSI_UG;9541 wrote:
crpuusd;9521 wrote:
crpuusd;9520 wrote:

Well it can also result in the devices  processor range and accessibilities strength of the system when is has much software to process in a goal.

To what i have seen and that have been said earlier you should under that utopia p2p  its a heavy decentralized site as other decentralized sites as well. Maybe i should drop a step to make your system more faster.

I was in an argument with someone he was claiming that crypton exchange is not decentralized I was really surprised so what do you think about that

Yes, Crypton exchange is not a decentralized exchange although it's a privacy focus cryptocurrency exchange. Decentralized mainly use self-custodial wallet.

Offline

#13 2024-05-23 21:39:32

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 1,866

Re: Network bandwidth

Bandwidth Utilization: Efficient bandwidth utilization is essential for network performance. Tools and techniques such as compression, caching, and load balancing help optimize the use of available bandwidth.

Offline

#14 2024-05-23 22:07:22

Kelechi
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 2,492

Re: Network bandwidth

Quality of Service (QoS): This involves managing bandwidth to prioritize certain types of traffic, ensuring that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth even during times of network congestion.

Offline

#15 2024-05-23 22:41:28

Detroit
Member
Registered: 2022-12-27
Posts: 1,650

Re: Network bandwidth

Capacity: Bandwidth represents the capacity of a network link to carry data. Higher bandwidth means more data can be transmitted simultaneously, leading to faster and more efficient communication.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB