uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#51 2023-02-04 23:14:34

joanna

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

JONSNOWING;4663 wrote:

There should be a limit to what you want to sell the right of ownership to, a channel can act like. Guide to many people and if it's falls to the wrong people then many would be affected by it.

In a decentralized and privacy ecosystem people always have the liberation to do whatever they want and there's nothing like limit.
Having said that. What there to loose since it just passing of a channel ownerdhip.

#52 2023-02-05 14:14:48

Lanistergame2

joanna;4719 wrote:

What there to loose since it just passing of a channel ownerdhip.

There is not much to lose besides the feature being abused by those who would want to benefit from it by selling different opened channels.

It could also lead to spam as pointed out already on this thread.

#53 2023-02-05 18:41:15

KAMSI_UG

Lanistergame2;4732 wrote:
joanna;4719 wrote:

There is not much to lose besides the feature being abused by those who would want to benefit from it by selling different opened channels.

Yes mate I think you are right and when people finds out that they can now actually abuse the system like this they would definitely be doing this more often and it would be the trend.

#54 2023-02-05 19:16:48

thrive

KAMSI_UG;4760 wrote:
joanna;4719 wrote:

Yes mate I think you are right and when people finds out that they can now actually abuse the system like this they would definitely be doing this more often and it would be the trend.

In my own opinion, no one will dare to do this often and that's if the person knows the benefit that comes with having a channel on the Utopia p2p ecosystem. I believe anyone that passes admin right not to talk of selling a channel doesn't know the benefit.

#55 2023-02-05 19:24:04

joanna

joanna;4719 wrote:

Wait. It seems like you don't understand the point. The channel admin right will be passed by the channel owner to the person that wants to buy the channel. What does that have to do with abuse and spamming?

#56 2023-02-05 19:26:11

CrytoCynthia

joanna;4782 wrote:
joanna;4719 wrote:

Wait. It seems like you don't understand the point. The channel admin right will be passed by the channel owner to the person that wants to buy the channel. What does that have to do with abuse and spamming?

Well firstly if you want to own a channel you can possibly create one your self and nurture it to the height you want but seeking to buy an already built channel makes you look suspicious.

#57 2023-02-05 20:13:41

Kelechi

Well owning a channel now on Utopia p2p may not be profitable to many right now but in no distance time it would prove to be a vital asset.

#58 2023-02-06 21:09:49

JONSNOWING

Kelechi;4814 wrote:

Well owning a channel now on Utopia p2p may not be profitable to many right now but in no distance time it would prove to be a vital asset.

Is the point of owning a channel actually for profit? Honestly it's a wrong ideology to actually create an account only for the purpose of selling it out to make money.

#59 2023-02-06 21:27:01

Dozie

JONSNOWING;4937 wrote:
Kelechi;4814 wrote:

Is the point of owning a channel actually for profit? Honestly it's a wrong ideology to actually create an account only for the purpose of selling it out to make money.

People make decisions that best suits them and it's obvious now that the OP actually created that channel for the purpose of selling it out

#60 2023-02-07 19:17:47

Detroit

JONSNOWING;4937 wrote:
Kelechi;4814 wrote:

Yeah,  I agree with you. Even though the individual has every right to do whatever they want to do with their channel. The ideology remains very wrong.

#61 2023-02-08 22:54:07

JONSNOWING

Detroit;5016 wrote:
JONSNOWING;4937 wrote:
Kelechi;4814 wrote:

Yeah,  I agree with you. Even though the individual has every right to do whatever they want to do with their channel. The ideology remains very wrong.

Yea and not only is the ideology wrong it's very contagious many people would see this as an option to actually be building channels just for the purpose of selling it out which is totally wrong.

#62 2023-03-14 21:55:27

KAMSI_UG

Can one create a channel here on the forum? And if so what are the criteria to do so and what are the exclusive rights an individual who has opened a channel have. And how can a channel be passed to someone.

#63 2023-03-14 22:10:17

Kelechi

KAMSI_UG;5499 wrote:

Can one create a channel here on the forum? And if so what are the criteria to do so and what are the exclusive rights an individual who has opened a channel have. And how can a channel be passed to someone.

Yes mate you can always create your own channel anytime you want to but it's best it won't be a spam house channel, I don't know about the exclusive right on it but I believe there should be some sort of rights.

#64 2023-03-15 02:05:24

full

KAMSI_UG;5499 wrote:

I think you're missing things up here buddy because this is a forum, not a UtopiaP2P application client where you can create a channel and what you can create on here is a new topic or thread as some forum calls it.

#65 2023-03-15 15:27:27

CrytoCynthia

full;5532 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;5499 wrote:

I think you're missing things up here buddy because this is a forum, not a UtopiaP2P application client where you can create a channel and what you can create on here is a new topic or thread as some forum calls it.

On the contrary I think you can create your own channels if we can check their is a mother board called channels and group I believe that is to say you can create your thread there as a channel or a group and it may be a sub board.

#66 2023-03-15 18:21:47

Lanistergame2

KAMSI_UG;5499 wrote:

• Yes, you can create your own channel here,
• Be a registered member on the forum,
• There are currently no exclusive rights I am aware of.
• No, channels can not be passed from one user to another.

#67 2023-03-15 18:36:16

Cat

full;5532 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>KAMSI_UG;5499 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>Can one create a channel here on the forum? And if so what are the criteria to do so and what are the exclusive rights an individual who has opened a channel have. And how can a channel be passed to someone.</p></div></blockquote></div><p>I think you&#039;re missing things up here buddy because this is a forum, not a UtopiaP2P application client where you can create a channel and what you can create on here is a new topic or thread as some forum calls it.</p>

Utopia in this regard is much more convenient than some platforms.

#68 2023-03-15 22:11:39

thrive

Kelechi;5506 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;5499 wrote:

Yes mate you can always create your own channel anytime you want to but it's best it won't be a spam house channel, I don't know about the exclusive right on it but I believe there should be some sort of rights.

First, the discussion of this topic is about passing admin right to someone on the UtopiaP2P application client which is possible not on this forum.
Meanwhile, you cannot take away spam from a decentralized platform because there will always be some people who will abuse the benefit of a decentralized platform.

#69 2023-03-15 22:16:53

JONSNOWING

thrive;5626 wrote:
Kelechi;5506 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;5499 wrote:

First, the discussion of this topic is about passing admin right to someone on the UtopiaP2P application client which is possible not on this forum.
Meanwhile, you cannot take away spam from a decentralized platform because there will always be some people who will abuse the benefit of a decentralized platform.

You can not completely take out spamming away from any forum, there are those that would always constitue nuisance. Well about selling of channel by the creator even if it's possible it should be frowned on.

#70 2023-03-15 22:28:42

thrive

JONSNOWING;5627 wrote:
thrive;5626 wrote:
Kelechi;5506 wrote:

You can not completely take out spamming away from any forum, there are those that would always constitue nuisance. Well about selling of channel by the creator even if it's possible it should be frowned on.

On other platforms, it can be frowned upon but on the UtopiaP2P ecosystem it can't be because the number benefit of a decentralized platform is freedom of decision and speech.

#71 2023-03-15 22:33:32

IyaJJJ

Lanistergame2;5556 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;5499 wrote:

There is no exclusive right to pass admin rights to any user on this forum, but if you read the original poster's statement, you'll see that he's referring to the channel on the Utopia application client.

#72 2023-03-15 22:35:05

full

CrytoCynthia;5549 wrote:
full;5532 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;5499 wrote:

On the contrary I think you can create your own channels if we can check their is a mother board called channels and group I believe that is to say you can create your thread there as a channel or a group and it may be a sub board.

I think there's a misunderstanding here because that is still not a channel from my own understanding and from what I know it is still creating a topic or thread, not a channel or is it called a channel on this forum?

#73 2023-03-15 22:38:26

joanna

Cat;5565 wrote:
full;5532 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>KAMSI_UG;5499 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>Can one create a channel here on the forum? And if so what are the criteria to do so and what are the exclusive rights an individual who has opened a channel have. And how can a channel be passed to someone.</p></div></blockquote></div><p>I think you&#039;re missing things up here buddy because this is a forum, not a UtopiaP2P application client where you can create a channel and what you can create on here is a new topic or thread as some forum calls it.</p>

Utopia in this regard is much more convenient than some platforms.

It's something that clearly knows that UtopiaP2P always put the user convenience experience first when creating their features but in what regard are talking about exactly because the discussion was about passing of admin right?

#74 2023-03-15 22:39:35

IyaJJJ

full;5632 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;5549 wrote:
full;5532 wrote:

I think there's a misunderstanding here because that is still not a channel from my own understanding and from what I know it is still creating a topic or thread, not a channel or is it called a channel on this forum?

You have a point new topic, thread and channel are the samething on this forum. If you look at the section mentioned early which is the Channels and Groups you will see "Found some interesting channel or created one yourself? Share it with others and boost community growth."

#75 2023-03-16 19:55:57

Detroit

IyaJJJ;5631 wrote:
Lanistergame2;5556 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;5499 wrote:

There is no exclusive right to pass admin rights to any user on this forum, but if you read the original poster's statement, you'll see that he's referring to the channel on the Utopia application client.

Is there really a reason to pass admin rights? To me, it doesn't make sense. If you are done with the channel you can shut it down and move on with your life. You don't need to continue the channel if you are no longer interested.

Board footer