uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-22 08:43:43

Fluffy
Member
Registered: 2021-09-20
Posts: 20

Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

Good evening everyone!  tongue  As I understand it, right now it is not possible to transfer ownership (admin rights) of the channel to another person. Suppose I want to sell the channel in the future, would it be possible to do so? Or do I need to create a separate account for each channel?

Offline

#2 2021-09-23 16:07:35

filename
Member
Registered: 2021-09-23
Posts: 52

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

It would be nice to be able to assign a moderator the role of channel administrator. I think it is a good option to add... or directly to sell or transfer a channel to a user.

Offline

#3 2021-09-23 19:30:33

Fluffy
Member
Registered: 2021-09-20
Posts: 20

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

filename;755 wrote:

It would be nice to be able to assign a moderator the role of channel administrator. I think it is a good option to add... or directly to sell or transfer a channel to a user.

I completely agree with you

Offline

#4 2022-01-04 13:37:22

Posi
Member
Registered: 2022-01-01
Posts: 34

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

Fluffy;700 wrote:

Good evening everyone!  tongue  As I understand it, right now it is not possible to transfer ownership (admin rights) of the channel to another person.

I think the moderator will do something about this in the future but for now i dont see it among their task because there's still alot of thing they are currently working on.

Fluffy;700 wrote:

Suppose I want to sell the channel in the future, would it be possible to do so? Or do I need to create a separate account for each channel?

The idea of transfer/exchange ownership of a channel will be nice but selling the channel is something i agree with it.

Offline

#5 2023-01-10 15:25:02

KingCRP
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 150

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

I was understanding you very well and even following up with you are saying but I got mad from the fact you said you want to see the Channel, is that actually necessary.

Offline

#6 2023-01-10 17:30:39

JONSNOWING
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 160

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

Why would in the first place create a channel only to want to pass it down to anyone for a price, I believe if you are no longer disposed for the role you can hand it over to competent people that's If you have any one right now for the role

Offline

#7 2023-01-10 19:41:04

CrytoCynthia
Member
Registered: 2022-11-19
Posts: 288

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

There are chances you were only in the first for the gains, and also let us look a the possibilities of holy passing down to a well known scammer? Then what would be the essence of creating the group in the first place.

Offline

#8 2023-01-10 20:18:58

KAMSI_UG
Member
Registered: 2022-12-26
Posts: 210

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

Admin Is handed over to people let’s take for instant that you aren’t disposed or you just want to give up on it really that is very understandable but the problem is when you decide to pass it down with a price tag.

Offline

#9 2023-01-12 17:55:23

CrytoCynthia
Member
Registered: 2022-11-19
Posts: 288

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

Also if you succeed in selling this one I believe that from hence forth every one would follow suit and start to create things only for them to later sell it off

Offline

#10 2023-01-12 20:07:43

Camavinga
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 150

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

Passing over admin rights to someone else is a pretty delicate situation in my opinion, i think so because you have to be very certain that the person is competent to handle the job, i think if you can no longer handle the channel, it is better to close it, but if you feel there is someone competent that you can hand over the admin rights to, then fine.

Offline

#11 2023-01-12 20:46:06

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 193

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

I do not think there should be an option to sell your channel to another person as it could breed malicious users who would only create channels for the sole purpose of selling them and those buying them might be doing so with malicious intent as well.

The devs of the platform would need to device a safe way to add such a feature.

Offline

#12 2023-01-12 22:18:03

KAMSI_UG
Member
Registered: 2022-12-26
Posts: 210

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

It looks petty to me. You created a channel only to come and sell it off, there is actually no integrity in that, how can you be certain of who you want to sell it to?

Offline

#13 2023-01-15 11:11:20

CrytoCynthia
Member
Registered: 2022-11-19
Posts: 288

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

KAMSI_UG;2927 wrote:

It looks petty to me. You created a channel only to come and sell it off, there is actually no integrity in that, how can you be certain of who you want to sell it to?

Same here and if it ever happens that you can create a channel and sell off ownership  any people would only see this as an opportunity to do same. Personally I think it’s cheating.

Offline

#14 2023-01-15 14:14:22

Camavinga
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 150

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

KAMSI_UG;2927 wrote:

It looks petty to me. You created a channel only to come and sell it off, there is actually no integrity in that, how can you be certain of who you want to sell it to?

That is the point, and i don’t think he used the word sell, he isn’t technically selling it, maybe he is busy with something else and doesn’t want the channel to collapse, so he wants to make someone else the admin who will take care of the channel, is he was selling it, then it would be unacceptable. But passing admin rights might not be the best option, pausing the channel until you can handle it might be the better option.

Offline

#15 2023-01-15 14:21:36

Detroit
Member
Registered: 2022-12-27
Posts: 206

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

Fluffy;700 wrote:

Good evening everyone!  tongue  As I understand it, right now it is not possible to transfer ownership (admin rights) of the channel to another person. Suppose I want to sell the channel in the future, would it be possible to do so? Or do I need to create a separate account for each channel?

Selling a channel is not really a good idea.
It is better off taking some breaks and coming back to it when you can. That is when you're capable of doing it yourself. The person you're selling it to might not share the same vision with you and as such this beautiful idea of yours can die.

Offline

#16 2023-01-15 16:13:15

KAMSI_UG
Member
Registered: 2022-12-26
Posts: 210

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

Detroit;3174 wrote:
Fluffy;700 wrote:

Good evening everyone!  tongue  As I understand it, right now it is not possible to transfer ownership (admin rights) of the channel to another person. Suppose I want to sell the channel in the future, would it be possible to do so? Or do I need to create a separate account for each channel?

Selling a channel is not really a good idea.
It is better off taking some breaks and coming back to it when you can. That is when you're capable of doing it yourself. The person you're selling it to might not share the same vision with you and as such this beautiful idea of yours can die.

There is actually no justification to selling a channel, I rather of you don’t want it anymore you can give it out to someone else but you should make sure it’s someone that is trusted

Offline

#17 2023-01-15 19:32:20

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 193

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

Camavinga;3171 wrote:

That is the point, and i don’t think he used the word sell, he isn’t technically selling it, maybe he is busy with something else and doesn’t want the channel to collapse, so he wants to make someone else the admin who will take care of the channel, is he was selling it, then it would be unacceptable. But passing admin rights might not be the best option, pausing the channel until you can handle it might be the better option.

If that is the idea, then it is not so bad. It is worthwhile to want to keep a channel active, especially when it is one that the community enjoys discussing on. Having that passed on to someone else who will keep it active is a good idea.

If the goal is to sell for monetary benefits then its a bad idea.

Offline

#18 2023-01-15 21:08:54

Kelechi
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 191

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

I think Utopia p2p, should have some regulations on how to create a channel although it should not be ridiculous but there should be some level of regulation.

Offline

#19 2023-01-15 21:13:32

JONSNOWING
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 160

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

Well yes it should be possible, if the original owner of the account or channel for some reasons can not continue in the position of the admin then they can find someone suitable for the role.

Offline

#20 2023-01-15 21:15:20

oba
Member
Registered: 2023-01-13
Posts: 60

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

Since there are features that allow the selling of uNS now. I believe in the future there will be features that allow the passing of admin right on the Utopia application channel. Besides, almost all social media channel has this feature and for the Utopia channel group to meetup with the market this needs to be implemented.  

Offline

#21 2023-01-15 21:23:42

thrive
Member
Registered: 2023-01-04
Posts: 113

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

JONSNOWING;3217 wrote:

Well yes it should be possible, if the original owner of the account or channel for some reasons can not continue in the position of the admin then they can find someone suitable for the role.

Currently, on the Utopia application client, it is not possible. If it was I don't think this topic will be been created in the first place and from all updates done on the Utopia p2p application client the passing admin position to someone else was not added.

Offline

#22 2023-01-16 10:29:50

CrytoCynthia
Member
Registered: 2022-11-19
Posts: 288

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

The bottom line is that if not possible, I stand to be corrected of it is, also I would suspect anyone that would pay another person to have control of a channel they did not create.

Offline

#23 2023-01-16 11:01:53

Camavinga
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 150

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

Kelechi;3214 wrote:

I think Utopia p2p, should have some regulations on how to create a channel although it should not be ridiculous but there should be some level of regulation.

Why do you propose so, have you noticed any abuse carried out by people who create channels, i haven’t noticed any of that, i think people who create channels are genuinely trying to help and promote utopia, and it is great, rather than trying to regulate them, i think we should do our best to encourage them in one way or another.

Offline

#24 2023-01-16 11:55:28

Detroit
Member
Registered: 2022-12-27
Posts: 206

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

Camavinga;3264 wrote:

Why do you propose so, have you noticed any abuse carried out by people who create channels, i haven’t noticed any of that, i think people who create channels are genuinely trying to help and promote utopia, and it is great, rather than trying to regulate them, i think we should do our best to encourage them in one way or another.

I think regulating the channels will reduce spam and also lower the chances of scammers in the forum. Any good thing needs to be monitored and regulated. Without regulations, it will lose its original plan and vision which is not a good sign of growth.

Offline

#25 2023-01-16 21:53:03

joanna
Member
Registered: 2023-01-10
Posts: 90

Re: Will it be possible to pass admin rights?

CrytoCynthia;3248 wrote:

The bottom line is that if not possible, I stand to be corrected of it is, also I would suspect anyone that would pay another person to have control of a channel they did not create.

I believe there's a way of passing admin right to someone else I am saying this because I have seen some channels on the Utopia application that start with one admin and later increase to 3 admin.  I believe this means the first admin has passed the admin right to the new 2 admins and if he's not around the 2 others can do the admin duty.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB