uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#51 2023-05-04 21:41:58

Camavinga
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 836

Re: Open Source - again!

Detroit;7633 wrote:
Vastextension;7576 wrote:
thrive;7574 wrote:

The easiest way I know people can know if a project is open source is through the project license. Typically, an open-source project is distributed under an open-source license such as the GNU General Public License (GPL), the MIT License, or the Apache License. These licenses establish standard terms and conditions for use and allow others to freely share and modify the program.

Another way is source code will be available to the public: The source code of an open-source project must be made available to the public for examination, modification, and dissemination.


I think at this point we need to organize webinars on how to check for open-source projects and closed-source projects. Many people do not know how to check it or how it works.


There's honestly no point in that. As a cryptocurrency user, you are suppose to know the difference between open source and closed source and also be able to identify them regardless if you are a newbie or not.

Offline

#52 2023-06-20 15:03:08

Kelechi
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 2,027

Re: Open Source - again!

Camavinga;7663 wrote:
Detroit;7633 wrote:
Vastextension;7576 wrote:

Another way is source code will be available to the public: The source code of an open-source project must be made available to the public for examination, modification, and dissemination.


I think at this point we need to organize webinars on how to check for open-source projects and closed-source projects. Many people do not know how to check it or how it works.

There's honestly no point in that. As a cryptocurrency user, you are suppose to know the difference between open source and closed source and also be able to identify them regardless if you are a newbie or not.

Well mate you should always try to understand that many here are newbies to cryptocurrency and are still trying to Learn what it's all about so help them if you can.

Last edited by Kelechi (2023-06-20 15:03:37)

Offline

#53 2023-06-20 15:30:02

CrytoCynthia
Member
Registered: 2022-11-19
Posts: 2,168

Re: Open Source - again!

Kelechi;15079 wrote:
Camavinga;7663 wrote:
Detroit;7633 wrote:

I think at this point we need to organize webinars on how to check for open-source projects and closed-source projects. Many people do not know how to check it or how it works.

There's honestly no point in that. As a cryptocurrency user, you are suppose to know the difference between open source and closed source and also be able to identify them regardless if you are a newbie or not.

Well mate you should always try to understand that many here are newbies to cryptocurrency and are still trying to Learn what it's all about so help them if you can.

The problem I would say this days is not about teaching the newbies is about the fact that many of the newbies right now are virtually refusing to work.

Offline

#54 2023-06-20 18:43:40

gap
Member
Registered: 2023-06-14
Posts: 1,072

Re: Open Source - again!

You

CrytoCynthia;15097 wrote:
Kelechi;15079 wrote:
Camavinga;7663 wrote:

There's honestly no point in that. As a cryptocurrency user, you are suppose to know the difference between open source and closed source and also be able to identify them regardless if you are a newbie or not.

Well mate you should always try to understand that many here are newbies to cryptocurrency and are still trying to Learn what it's all about so help them if you can.

The problem I would say this days is not about teaching the newbies is about the fact that many of the newbies right now are virtually refusing to work.

You are right and in some cases they might actually not know what they are missing or the value of what the skills is all about. Its might also occur that you charge them and they are looking at the charges as a kind of fraud.

Offline

#55 2023-06-20 22:21:12

crpuusd
Member
From: Blockchain
Registered: 2022-12-13
Posts: 1,541

Re: Open Source - again!

gap;15131 wrote:

You

CrytoCynthia;15097 wrote:
Kelechi;15079 wrote:

Well mate you should always try to understand that many here are newbies to cryptocurrency and are still trying to Learn what it's all about so help them if you can.

The problem I would say this days is not about teaching the newbies is about the fact that many of the newbies right now are virtually refusing to work.

You are right and in some cases they might actually not know what they are missing or the value of what the skills is all about. Its might also occur that you charge them and they are looking at the charges as a kind of fraud.

I dont think learning a skills that can actually help to make an  income should be a problem.

Offline

#56 2023-06-20 23:33:05

Europ
Member
Registered: 2023-05-23
Posts: 1,338

Re: Open Source - again!

crpuusd;15146 wrote:
gap;15131 wrote:

You

CrytoCynthia;15097 wrote:

The problem I would say this days is not about teaching the newbies is about the fact that many of the newbies right now are virtually refusing to work.

You are right and in some cases they might actually not know what they are missing or the value of what the skills is all about. Its might also occur that you charge them and they are looking at the charges as a kind of fraud.

I dont think learning a skills that can actually help to make an  income should be a problem.

Many people are actually on the look for something else thats where they misplaced opportunities.  Lets accept to lead.

Offline

#57 2023-06-21 05:42:08

gap
Member
Registered: 2023-06-14
Posts: 1,072

Re: Open Source - again!

Europ;15224 wrote:
crpuusd;15146 wrote:
gap;15131 wrote:

You
You are right and in some cases they might actually not know what they are missing or the value of what the skills is all about. Its might also occur that you charge them and they are looking at the charges as a kind of fraud.

I dont think learning a skills that can actually help to make an  income should be a problem.

Many people are actually on the look for something else thats where they misplaced opportunities.  Lets accept to lead.

The availabilities of values provided the ecosystem management has go beyond numerous account while some people just see it yet .

Offline

#58 2023-06-21 20:00:00

KAMSI_UG
Member
Registered: 2022-12-26
Posts: 1,772

Re: Open Source - again!

There have been new and emerging opportunities for trading crypto or jobs in the sector. Discover various cryptocurrency jobs and employment.

Offline

#59 2023-06-21 20:04:48

Europ
Member
Registered: 2023-05-23
Posts: 1,338

Re: Open Source - again!

KAMSI_UG;15289 wrote:

There have been new and emerging opportunities for trading crypto or jobs in the sector. Discover various cryptocurrency jobs and employment.

Its of basic understanding that the Utopia p2p ecosystem are granting gratitude's for support render by users .

Offline

#60 2023-06-21 21:04:39

CrytoCynthia
Member
Registered: 2022-11-19
Posts: 2,168

Re: Open Source - again!

Utopia being the best of its kind has shown how vital cryptocurrency is. We need to demand more flexibility since Utopia can give us so much already from other exchanges.

Offline

#61 2023-06-21 21:10:33

Comrade
Member
From: Utopia App Client
Registered: 2022-12-30
Posts: 1,523

Re: Open Source - again!

CrytoCynthia;15328 wrote:

<p>Utopia being the best of its kind has shown how vital cryptocurrency is. We need to demand more flexibility since Utopia can give us so much already from other exchanges.</p>

You are right, and i think getting a message direct to the admin of the system will require been outside this forum. I think the social media will do it.

Offline

#62 2023-06-21 21:23:34

PEACEMAKER
Member
Registered: 2023-01-27
Posts: 412

Re: Open Source - again!

CrytoCynthia;15328 wrote:

Utopia being the best of its kind has shown how vital cryptocurrency is. We need to demand more flexibility since Utopia can give us so much already from other exchanges.

While demanding anything we need to understand that the team is putting in a lot of work to make this project work and we need to give them enough time to grow and develop the exchange to what we will like it to be.

Offline

#63 2023-06-22 06:21:29

gap
Member
Registered: 2023-06-14
Posts: 1,072

Re: Open Source - again!

PEACEMAKER;15336 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;15328 wrote:

Utopia being the best of its kind has shown how vital cryptocurrency is. We need to demand more flexibility since Utopia can give us so much already from other exchanges.

While demanding anything we need to understand that the team is putting in a lot of work to make this project work and we need to give them enough time to grow and develop the exchange to what we will like it to be.

Well i will say it's more better to table the question within the group so we all can brainstorm on it.

Offline

#64 2023-06-22 18:31:40

Camavinga
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 836

Re: Open Source - again!

Open source is so important, there are so many cryptocurrencies users who do not care about open or closed source, but they have to. Atomic wallet was hacked with the cause yet unknown, it is closed source so everyone has to wait for Atomic wallet to give an update, if it was open source the reason would be known already.

Offline

#65 2023-06-24 12:10:03

Comrade
Member
From: Utopia App Client
Registered: 2022-12-30
Posts: 1,523

Re: Open Source - again!

Camavinga;15451 wrote:

Open source is so important, there are so many cryptocurrencies users who do not care about open or closed source, but they have to. Atomic wallet was hacked with the cause yet unknown, it is closed source so everyone has to wait for Atomic wallet to give an update, if it was open source the reason would be known already.

Well there's actually a big price on compromising a close source project and it demands alot of hard work, specify skills and knowledge but the open source is as mentioned above. Its always good to always go for a well secured source project.

Offline

#66 2023-06-24 17:22:29

Camavinga
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 836

Re: Open Source - again!

Comrade;15464 wrote:

Well there's actually a big price on compromising a close source project and it demands alot of hard work, specify skills and knowledge but the open source is as mentioned above. Its always good to always go for a well secured source project.

It demands hardwork to compromise any project, open source or closed source, many times that projects get compromised it is from an internal member of the team, if it is in an open source source project and a code that can steal is put in it, it will be seen, but in a closed source project people will download it and fall for scam.

Offline

#67 2023-06-24 20:18:04

Detroit
Member
Registered: 2022-12-27
Posts: 1,391

Re: Open Source - again!

Some things are constant, virtues of hardwork, honesty, candour, courage, integrity, goodness; they are never affected by modernism or wokeness.

Offline

#68 2023-06-24 20:39:51

Crpuss
Member
Registered: 2023-06-16
Posts: 234

Re: Open Source - again!

Detroit;15550 wrote:

Some things are constant, virtues of hardwork, honesty, candour, courage, integrity, goodness; they are never affected by modernism or wokeness.

I hardly think this is important in this thread, I think we should try to give more things that are very important in a particular topic and would help the topic grow.

Offline

#69 2023-06-24 20:42:43

crpuusd
Member
From: Blockchain
Registered: 2022-12-13
Posts: 1,541

Re: Open Source - again!

Camavinga;15504 wrote:
Comrade;15464 wrote:

Well there's actually a big price on compromising a close source project and it demands alot of hard work, specify skills and knowledge but the open source is as mentioned above. Its always good to always go for a well secured source project.

It demands hardwork to compromise any project, open source or closed source, many times that projects get compromised it is from an internal member of the team, if it is in an open source source project and a code that can steal is put in it, it will be seen, but in a closed source project people will download it and fall for scam.

You are both right but open source project are more vulnerable to worms

Offline

#70 2023-06-25 20:04:26

Detroit
Member
Registered: 2022-12-27
Posts: 1,391

Re: Open Source - again!

Hard forks and soft forks are the mechanisms used to upgrade blockchains in a decentralized environment. Learn all you need to know in this forum.

Offline

#71 2023-06-25 21:54:34

CrytoCynthia
Member
Registered: 2022-11-19
Posts: 2,168

Re: Open Source - again!

Enabling crypto payments, such as bitcoin, without bringing it onto the company's balance sheet may be a quick and easy entry point into the use of digital banking.

Offline

#72 2023-06-25 23:50:09

gap
Member
Registered: 2023-06-14
Posts: 1,072

Re: Open Source - again!

CrytoCynthia;15765 wrote:

Enabling crypto payments, such as bitcoin, without bringing it onto the company's balance sheet may be a quick and easy entry point into the use of digital banking.

Its crypto currency world and Crypton are beem brought to realistics view , it will actually makes a trend and more balanced in payment.

Offline

#73 2023-06-26 11:48:27

Comrade
Member
From: Utopia App Client
Registered: 2022-12-30
Posts: 1,523

Re: Open Source - again!

gap;15864 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;15765 wrote:

Enabling crypto payments, such as bitcoin, without bringing it onto the company's balance sheet may be a quick and easy entry point into the use of digital banking.

Its crypto currency world and Crypton are beem brought to realistics view , it will actually makes a trend and more balanced in payment.

Well actually lets stick to talking about CRP coin in the social media so we can achieve more audience to choose the coin.

Offline

#74 2023-06-26 16:49:57

Europ
Member
Registered: 2023-05-23
Posts: 1,338

Re: Open Source - again!

Comrade;15885 wrote:
gap;15864 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;15765 wrote:

Enabling crypto payments, such as bitcoin, without bringing it onto the company's balance sheet may be a quick and easy entry point into the use of digital banking.

Its crypto currency world and Crypton are beem brought to realistics view , it will actually makes a trend and more balanced in payment.

Well actually lets stick to talking about CRP coin in the social media so we can achieve more audience to choose the coin.

Well said and its quite going to be of more values to every users in the market as the CRP will raises soon.

Offline

#75 2023-06-26 18:24:45

KAMSI_UG
Member
Registered: 2022-12-26
Posts: 1,772

Re: Open Source - again!

Europ;15920 wrote:
Comrade;15885 wrote:
gap;15864 wrote:

Its crypto currency world and Crypton are beem brought to realistics view , it will actually makes a trend and more balanced in payment.

Well actually lets stick to talking about CRP coin in the social media so we can achieve more audience to choose the coin.

Well said and its quite going to be of more values to every users in the market as the CRP will raises soon.

In your own opinion do you think that the price of CRP crypton or any other coin can actually boost upwards?

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB