uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-14 18:35:55

Cromanes
Member
Registered: 2021-12-10
Posts: 316

Utopia in China.

China recently released legislation to permanently ban cryptocurrencies. Can Utopia somehow exist in a totalitarian system? What do you think of its promotion in Kong Kong?

Offline

#2 2021-12-23 23:39:23

SGL
Member
From: Infospace
Registered: 2021-12-05
Posts: 70

Re: Utopia in China.

It's an interesting direction to go. It is necessary to thoroughly study this market.
I heard they had a problem with a certain people, they were credited with the genocide of that population.

But more targeted targeting is needed. Young people who have a computer and are close to the ideas of cipherpunks


Crypton/UUSD donation for new developments: F50AF5410B1F3F4297043F0E046F205BCBAA76BEC70E936EB0F3AB94BF316804

Offline

#3 2022-01-03 17:20:23

Cromanes
Member
Registered: 2021-12-10
Posts: 316

Re: Utopia in China.

SGL;1236 wrote:

<p>It&#039;s an interesting direction to go. It is necessary to thoroughly study this market.<br />I heard they had a problem with a certain people, they were credited with the genocide of that population.</p><p>But more targeted targeting is needed. Young people who have a computer and are close to the ideas of cipherpunks</p>

By the way, thank you for reminding me. Utopia can and I think should be promoted among peoples experiencing state repression. I know that potential repression can occur in the autonomous region of Xinjiang and in Tibet.

Offline

#4 2022-06-17 05:45:43

N3koSempai
Member
From: UtopiaCity
Registered: 2022-06-12
Posts: 47

Re: Utopia in China.

Recently, many analyzes have come out where it is said that the crypto trading activity in China is quite high. apparently there are a lot of people ignoring the law in china. I have always wondered if it is possible to connect from china through utopia without them suspecting?


I am a software developer in C/C++ and Python

Offline

#5 2022-09-02 08:59:58

Cromanes
Member
Registered: 2021-12-10
Posts: 316

Re: Utopia in China.

N3koSempai;1820 wrote:

Recently, many analyzes have come out where it is said that the crypto trading activity in China is quite high. apparently there are a lot of people ignoring the law in china. I have always wondered if it is possible to connect from china through utopia without them suspecting?

О. Can I get links to articles where you can read this information? Maybe we can find a loophole where we can get our product through.

Offline

#6 2023-03-12 14:40:18

Cat
Member
Registered: 2023-03-11
Posts: 153

Re: Utopia in China.

Cromanes;1211 wrote:

<p>China recently released legislation to permanently ban cryptocurrencies. Can Utopia somehow exist in a totalitarian system? What do you think of its promotion in Kong Kong?</p>

How popular is utopia in China? it would be interesting to know, because they have some kind of cryptocurrency laws there

Offline

#7 2023-03-13 13:12:21

CrytoCynthia
Member
Registered: 2022-11-19
Posts: 2,562

Re: Utopia in China.

Cromanes;1211 wrote:

China recently released legislation to permanently ban cryptocurrencies. Can Utopia somehow exist in a totalitarian system? What do you think of its promotion in Kong Kong?

Well it depends on the level of ban, I have seen someone from countries that doesn’t fancy cryptocurrency but they actually do have Utopia p2p existing there, so I think that the ban in China can’t stop anything.

Offline

#8 2023-03-13 13:18:19

Cat
Member
Registered: 2023-03-11
Posts: 153

Re: Utopia in China.

CrytoCynthia;5369 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>Cromanes;1211 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>China recently released legislation to permanently ban cryptocurrencies. Can Utopia somehow exist in a totalitarian system? What do you think of its promotion in Kong Kong?</p></div></blockquote></div><p>Well it depends on the level of ban, I have seen someone from countries that doesn’t fancy cryptocurrency but they actually do have Utopia p2p existing there, so I think that the ban in China can’t stop anything.</p>

I think China has the strength to stop it .

Offline

#9 2023-03-13 18:23:10

KingCRP
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 1,054

Re: Utopia in China.

Cat;5371 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;5369 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>Cromanes;1211 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>China recently released legislation to permanently ban cryptocurrencies. Can Utopia somehow exist in a totalitarian system? What do you think of its promotion in Kong Kong?</p></div></blockquote></div><p>Well it depends on the level of ban, I have seen someone from countries that doesn’t fancy cryptocurrency but they actually do have Utopia p2p existing there, so I think that the ban in China can’t stop anything.</p>

I think China has the strength to stop it .

If you go down to history china is a strong hold in cryptocurrency they have the largest miners in the whole world and many cryptocurrency enthusiast exist there so I don’t think it would be that easy to place a ban on cryptocurrency in China.

Offline

#10 2023-03-13 23:28:32

joanna
Member
Registered: 2023-01-10
Posts: 2,712

Re: Utopia in China.

Cat;5340 wrote:
Cromanes;1211 wrote:

<p>China recently released legislation to permanently ban cryptocurrencies. Can Utopia somehow exist in a totalitarian system? What do you think of its promotion in Kong Kong?</p>

How popular is utopia in China? it would be interesting to know, because they have some kind of cryptocurrency laws there

I don't know the level popular you're relating to about the Chinese because it's easy to know that they are the highest populated country in the world and it will easy to see them as a popular nation. However, they are governed in a communist way which could make the government force certain rules on their people.

Offline

#11 2023-03-13 23:31:15

IyaJJJ
Member
Registered: 2023-01-25
Posts: 1,714

Re: Utopia in China.

CrytoCynthia;5369 wrote:
Cromanes;1211 wrote:

China recently released legislation to permanently ban cryptocurrencies. Can Utopia somehow exist in a totalitarian system? What do you think of its promotion in Kong Kong?

Well it depends on the level of ban, I have seen someone from countries that doesn’t fancy cryptocurrency but they actually do have Utopia p2p existing there, so I think that the ban in China can’t stop anything.

I believe the Chinese government's ban or false news about cryptocurrency shouldn't bother every cryptocurrency investor or enthusiast because they never like or support crypto in the first place and everything they wanted is profit from it.

Offline

#12 2023-03-13 23:33:17

thrive
Member
Registered: 2023-01-04
Posts: 2,178

Re: Utopia in China.

IyaJJJ;5426 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;5369 wrote:
Cromanes;1211 wrote:

China recently released legislation to permanently ban cryptocurrencies. Can Utopia somehow exist in a totalitarian system? What do you think of its promotion in Kong Kong?

Well it depends on the level of ban, I have seen someone from countries that doesn’t fancy cryptocurrency but they actually do have Utopia p2p existing there, so I think that the ban in China can’t stop anything.

I believe the Chinese government's ban or false news about cryptocurrency shouldn't bother every cryptocurrency investor or enthusiast because they never like or support crypto in the first place and everything they wanted is profit from it.

You're absolutely correct. They only want to make use of the potential of cryptocurrency while they hate it and I could remember how they raised funds with Bitcoin for their construction bank.

Offline

#13 2023-03-15 07:33:16

Camavinga
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 836

Re: Utopia in China.

Chinese governments banned some areas of crypto, like bitcoin mining and they also closed down some crypto exchanges, but Crypto is not illegal in China, there are so many different reports on the situation of crypto in China, and it is hard to choose which is the correct one, but as a Chinese citizen i don’t think it will be difficult to use the Utopia network as everything about it is decentralized and it is not linked to your identity. Decentralized ecosystems should flourish in dictatorial states like China.

Offline

#14 2023-03-15 13:45:47

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 1,843

Re: Utopia in China.

This is an interesting discourse. Practically, yes; utopia, like other cryptos can survive in a totalitarian government which is not in support of it. But there are pros and cons to this which might make one not want to get involved in it, for one you need to be extra security conscious, by avoiding centralized platforms, using Tor browser, trading P2P etc.

For some it is safer to move to a more crypto friendly nation.

Offline

#15 2023-03-15 18:18:03

Detroit
Member
Registered: 2022-12-27
Posts: 1,637

Re: Utopia in China.

Cromanes;1211 wrote:

China recently released legislation to permanently ban cryptocurrencies. Can Utopia somehow exist in a totalitarian system? What do you think of its promotion in Kong Kong?

Well,  that will be a very difficult situation for utopia to find themselves in because the government can never accept the full run of activities (cryptocurrency) if they don't have full control over it. Utopia might not survive in such an area.

Offline

#16 2023-03-15 18:32:52

Cat
Member
Registered: 2023-03-11
Posts: 153

Re: Utopia in China.

Detroit;5554 wrote:

Well,  that will be a very difficult situation for utopia to find themselves in because the government can never accept the full run of activities (cryptocurrency) if they don't have full control over it. Utopia might not survive in such an area

they will have to try to knock utopia out of their comfort zone

Offline

#17 2023-03-17 18:48:31

Camavinga
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 836

Re: Utopia in China.

Detroit;5554 wrote:

Well,  that will be a very difficult situation for utopia to find themselves in because the government can never accept the full run of activities (cryptocurrency) if they don't have full control over it. Utopia might not survive in such an area.

If bitcoin can survive in China, then utopia can. Bitcoin is not a privacy coin even if it is decentralized, and yet people still use it in China, why would Utopia not succeed when its native coin and stable coin are both privacy coins, so people in China will be able to use it if they want to, there is no ban on crypto in China, they only banned mining and closed down some exchanges. The only problem Utopia would have in China is awareness, i don’t think people in China know about it yet.

Offline

#18 2023-03-17 19:57:09

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 1,843

Re: Utopia in China.

Camavinga;5819 wrote:

If bitcoin can survive in China, then utopia can. Bitcoin is not a privacy coin even if it is decentralized, and yet people still use it in China,

This in another way to look at it which I have not considered yet. I could use monero as a case study, being a privacy coin itself, if it can survive in China comfortably, that would mean that anonymous and privacy-centric coins are more likely yo be used in a dictatorship regime that does not support it.

Offline

#19 2023-03-17 20:38:44

Detroit
Member
Registered: 2022-12-27
Posts: 1,637

Re: Utopia in China.

Lanistergame2;5835 wrote:
Camavinga;5819 wrote:

If bitcoin can survive in China, then utopia can. Bitcoin is not a privacy coin even if it is decentralized, and yet people still use it in China,

This in another way to look at it which I have not considered yet. I could use monero as a case study, being a privacy coin itself, if it can survive in China comfortably, that would mean that anonymous and privacy-centric coins are more likely yo be used in a dictatorship regime that does not support it.

Are those coins really surviving in those places? The majority of these private and anonymous coins are kept secret,  just like drug deals because if the government should catch you, you will be in a lot of trouble.

Offline

#20 2023-03-18 13:02:04

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 1,843

Re: Utopia in China.

Detroit;5854 wrote:

Are those coins really surviving in those places? The majority of these private and anonymous coins are kept secret, just like drug deals because if the government should catch you, you will be in a lot of trouble.

You can pretty much use any cryptocurrency without anyone being able to trace it to you, it is designed to be cryptic so as long as you avoid centralized exchanges, you should be fine.

What makes privacy coins different is that your blockchain activities cannot be linked together. With bitcoin you are pseudo anonymous; I know a wallet owns certain amount of coins, but do not know the owner, with privacy coins, you cannot tell which wallet is transferring to which.

Offline

#21 2023-03-22 10:03:49

Camavinga
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 836

Re: Utopia in China.

Lanistergame2;5835 wrote:

This in another way to look at it which I have not considered yet. I could use monero as a case study, being a privacy coin itself, if it can survive in China comfortably, that would mean that anonymous and privacy-centric coins are more likely yo be used in a dictatorship regime that does not support it.

Exactly, people talk about China and Russia believing that privacy coins cannot work there, but it is. I think a lot of people do not know the exact ban that China have placed on crypto, if they do then they would know CRP and Utopia can operate in China. The only downside is in the aspect of awareness, how do we spread to such areas?

Offline

#22 2023-03-22 11:39:07

oba
Member
Registered: 2023-01-13
Posts: 1,858

Re: Utopia in China.

Detroit;5854 wrote:
Lanistergame2;5835 wrote:
Camavinga;5819 wrote:

If bitcoin can survive in China, then utopia can. Bitcoin is not a privacy coin even if it is decentralized, and yet people still use it in China,

This in another way to look at it which I have not considered yet. I could use monero as a case study, being a privacy coin itself, if it can survive in China comfortably, that would mean that anonymous and privacy-centric coins are more likely yo be used in a dictatorship regime that does not support it.

Are those coins really surviving in those places? The majority of these private and anonymous coins are kept secret,  just like drug deals because if the government should catch you, you will be in a lot of trouble.

All decentralized cryptocurrencies can survive anywhere in the world if there's internet in the geographical location and the people were maybe to secure their activities from the government surveillance.

Offline

#23 2023-03-22 17:09:46

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 1,843

Re: Utopia in China.

Camavinga;6458 wrote:

Exactly, people talk about China and Russia believing that privacy coins cannot work there, but it is. I think a lot of people do not know the exact ban that China have placed on crypto, if they do then they would know CRP and Utopia can operate in China. The only downside is in the aspect of awareness, how do we spread to such areas?

There are lots of misinformation on what is going on with Bitcoin in the different parts of the world and the change in legalities across different jurisdiction. In their defense, the laws are changing fast and there are lots of nations to keep up with.

I personally do not think awareness can be openly spread in certain areas as it would bring much attention to the crypto activities from the government and authorities.

Offline

#24 2023-03-23 14:41:21

Camavinga
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 836

Re: Utopia in China.

oba;6464 wrote:

All decentralized cryptocurrencies can survive anywhere in the world if there's internet in the geographical location and the people were maybe to secure their activities from the government surveillance.

I believe so, but it is better if there are no clear cut regulations on the use of crypto in a particular country, than for it to be completely banned. A complete ban on crypto in a particular region makes it hard for people in those places to use crypto because it is now illegal, and if they are caught they would be jailed for sometime. If crypto was completely banned in my country i will be afraid to use it.

Offline

#25 2023-06-18 21:47:51

Europ
Member
Registered: 2023-05-23
Posts: 1,641

Re: Utopia in China.

Camavinga;6605 wrote:
oba;6464 wrote:

All decentralized cryptocurrencies can survive anywhere in the world if there's internet in the geographical location and the people were maybe to secure their activities from the government surveillance.

I believe so, but it is better if there are no clear cut regulations on the use of crypto in a particular country, than for it to be completely banned. A complete ban on crypto in a particular region makes it hard for people in those places to use crypto because it is now illegal, and if they are caught they would be jailed for sometime. If crypto was completely banned in my country i will be afraid to use it.

That will really be a long way to coup, there more to miss and more learn will be detained and loss values. Utopia will definitely choice to choose and keep the practice up.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB