uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-02 02:20:20

Cromanes

Updating the forum as such.

This forum is old on technological solutions and requires rebranding and updating, for the site looks for 2022 somehow already old and backward that will hinder the flow of new users especially the buzzers, it is necessary to update a lot of methods of working site. Let's say the same text editor, displays when replying to someone for the discoverer strange and incomprehensible to him code, which he could mistakenly break the consequence and the command itself that it may get angry. It is required to get rid of the rudimentary code and saturate it with new code if we want to see at least a minimal influx.

In this discussion thread you can offer any suggestions for changes in the forum to give the attention of the developer and owner of this site, pushing him to change.

#2 2022-01-05 06:27:41

Cromanes

Re: Updating the forum as such.

So far, the first idea and I think the least difficult technical solution to adapt the dark theme to save your eyes.

#3 2022-01-05 11:13:34

Saahil
Website

Cromanes;1314 wrote:

So far, the first idea and I think the least difficult technical solution to adapt the dark theme to save your eyes.

Dark theme is already available, change it from Profile -> Display.

#4 2022-01-07 18:27:26

Cromanes

Saahil;1321 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>Cromanes;1314 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>So far, the first idea and I think the least difficult technical solution to adapt the dark theme to save your eyes.</p></div></blockquote></div><p>Dark theme is already available, change it from Profile -&gt; Display.</p>

When will they change the interface in the text editor and make it so that the generalist it was intuitive to understand? For the first times it was difficult to adjust it, and maybe a pro in this editor is welcome, but I think that this is worth expanding the threshold for the first discoverers.

#5 2022-02-20 17:30:54

Cromanes

In the process of using this forum, I would like to see a semblance of notification as in social networks that I somewhere mentioned, as well as respond to the post.

#6 2022-02-20 17:33:07

Cromanes

I would also like to be able to translate the interface in the form into your native language. I can offer help to translate the interface into Russian.

#7 2022-06-17 05:41:28

N3koSempai

Cromanes;1708 wrote:

<p>I would also like to be able to translate the interface in the form into your native language. I can offer help to translate the interface into Russian.</p>

Cool. Good ideas.
I am also available to translate the interface into Spanish. it would be nice to add more ways to work with the threads that one creates

I am a software developer in C/C++ and Python

#8 2022-09-04 04:51:51

Cromanes

N3koSempai;1819 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>Cromanes;1708 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>&lt;p&gt;I would also like to be able to translate the interface in the form into your native language. I can offer help to translate the interface into Russian.&lt;/p&gt;</p></div></blockquote></div><p>Cool. Good ideas.<br />I am also available to translate the interface into Spanish. it would be nice to add more ways to work with the threads that one creates</p>

Are you from Spain or Latin America, maybe we can talk later one of these days? I have some interesting questions for you which I think will be of special interest.

#9 2022-12-25 22:00:29

Kelechi

I don't think the site looks poorly at all it's very formal and very easy to navigate it don't know which 2022 you referring to to but I have no issues with the forum except to PM

#10 2022-12-26 18:16:16

Vastextension

I don't see anything bad about this forum's UI/UX but we need to know that for this forum to maintain the best level of privacy on clearnet some amendment cant be made and for the PM between forum users I once mentioned it and I hope the admin work on it.

#11 2022-12-26 21:21:31

Kelechi

Well I think what can be done to boost this forum is to have more active moderators on the forum this can help bring formalities and reduce spam.

#12 2022-12-27 21:51:46

KAMSI_UG

Kelechi;2168 wrote:

Well I think what can be done to boost this forum is to have more active moderators on the forum this can help bring formalities and reduce spam.

More moderators can only come when there is reason for it, to hire moderator you need to pay them except it’s a member of the team, I think the moderator can come in when there is enough traffic in the forum.

#13 2022-12-28 11:13:58

CrytoCynthia

KAMSI_UG;2232 wrote:
Kelechi;2168 wrote:

More moderators can only come when there is reason for it, to hire moderator you need to pay them except it’s a member of the team, I think the moderator can come in when there is enough traffic in the forum.

Even with the current traffic on the forum I still think a moderator can still come in very handy, you can only arrange a forum from the very beginning and that’s now, I see there are already some moderators but more can be added.

#14 2022-12-28 11:24:48

Vastextension

KAMSI_UG;2232 wrote:
Kelechi;2168 wrote:

I agree with what you said because there's no need for more moderators as we speak but it will be nice if the team can remove the activation fee that's requested after registering on this forum and also do some promotion campaign.

#15 2022-12-28 13:02:29

Detroit

Vastextension;2239 wrote:

I agree with what you said because there's no need for more moderators as we speak but it will be nice if the team can remove the activation fee that's requested after registering on this forum and also do some promotion campaign.

I am new here, and you are correct because i noticed the traffic for now doesn’t need new moderators, the owners of this forum would know when a new moderator is needed, and that would be when the traffic has grown. The activation fee of ‘any’ CRP may prevent some people from joining because they will be sceptical about it, even if ‘any’ amount would activate an account here, many people may not be willing to pay it and they would go to another forum, if it is removed and traffic increases a bit, that is when the owners can consider some promotion campaign.

Last edited by Detroit (2022-12-28 13:03:55)

#16 2022-12-29 16:01:24

Kelechi

Well every Forum has an humble beginnings and I think uTalk is having their humble beginnings right now. We may not have the traffic we had wanted right now but I think the forum is heading in the right direction for that to happen soon.

#17 2022-12-29 18:00:46

CrytoCynthia

Hey everyone I have seen so many suggestions here and I think many of them make sense and if added it would ve extremely great but I would love to ask can we talk about things also outside the forum

#18 2022-12-30 08:08:51

Detroit

Kelechi;2314 wrote:

Well every Forum has an humble beginnings and I think uTalk is having their humble beginnings right now. We may not have the traffic we had wanted right now but I think the forum is heading in the right direction for that to happen soon.

Rome was definitely not built in a day, and no great platform had enormous amount of traffic when they just started, i believe that’s the same situation with this forum. Though i think the reason why traffic isn’t all that high is because many people do not know about this forum, i myself just found out about the forum recently and i am enjoying it already, and i think if more people come here they would also love it. If the forum can find diverse ways to create awareness, it would help with the forum traffic.

#19 2023-01-07 19:51:07

KingCRP

First time on this board and I agree with all that the OP has said and I think the forum need major update and also lots of suggestions has already been made and the team can look into them.

#20 2023-01-07 22:07:41

Camavinga

I am enjoying the forum interface, i think it is easily adaptable, i am using uTalk on my mobile device for now, i would love to ask if it is much better to operate on desktop or pc than on mobile, though i am currently having zero problems navigating the forum from my mobile phone. Finally is there any plans to have a uTalk app, it might be more user-friendly than a web version.

#21 2023-01-11 18:15:56

Detroit

Camavinga;2580 wrote:

I am enjoying the forum interface, i think it is easily adaptable, i am using uTalk on my mobile device for now, i would love to ask if it is much better to operate on desktop or pc than on mobile, though i am currently having zero problems navigating the forum from my mobile phone. Finally is there any plans to have a uTalk app, it might be more user-friendly than a web version.

Yeah, I agree with you.
Running applications on mobile is very efficient but hope the app doesn't start lagging.  Apps lag a lot lately, especially android apps.

#22 2023-01-11 18:34:30

JONSNOWING

Detroit;2796 wrote:
Camavinga;2580 wrote:

Yeah, I agree with you.
Running applications on mobile is very efficient but hope the app doesn't start lagging.  Apps lag a lot lately, especially android apps.

Utopia p2p is not like every other application on ones device like whatapp, telegram and so on. The Utopia's application is a bit heavy than them I personally like to have my Utopia application on my PC device

Board footer