uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-12 07:32:38

N3koSempai

add a option in utalk for closed thread

It would be great to add an option here on utalk (if it doesn't already exist) to close the thread and add some kind of tags. sometimes I run into threads that have been dead for a long time

I am a software developer in C/C++ and Python

#2 2023-01-14 14:46:48

Detroit

Re: add a option in utalk for closed thread

That's a great ass idea.
At least you won't find some people just posting over and over again on a dead thread. It's kind of annoying. Have a nice day mate

#3 2023-01-14 16:38:15

Camavinga

That would be a great idea if it can be implemented, i see some threads that are already redundant but are yet to be locked or closed, for now i think the power to lock a thread rests on the moderators, but i think the admin should make it possible for a thread starter to be able to lock their own threads once they feel the discussion is over or complete, it will help to keep the forum organized.

Last edited by Camavinga (2023-01-14 16:39:15)

#4 2023-01-15 20:30:09

Lanistergame2

Locking threads is an awesome idea and anyone should be allowed to be able to lock threads they create to avoid spam and would reduce the work on moderators as well.

I have seen this replicated in various forums I have been on and it worked out effectively, except for those who would create scam thread and lock it so no one can call out their scam.

#5 2023-05-23 21:05:26

crpuusd

Utopia is indeed open for all but i don't see reason why people will open a topic just to ask questions whereas the questions supposed to asked in Questions and help service.

#6 2023-05-23 22:18:38

Europ

crpuusd;9903 wrote:

Utopia is indeed open for all but i don't see reason why people will open a topic just to ask questions whereas the questions supposed to asked in Questions and help service.

According to my past experience in some forum it can be kept for reference purposes. It might acquire new users might want to ask similar questions and boom the answer is already there. So utopia might also have another reason or such

#7 2023-05-29 08:17:19

Comrade

Europ;9947 wrote:
crpuusd;9903 wrote:

According to my past experience in some forum it can be kept for reference purposes. It might acquire new users might want to ask similar questions and boom the answer is already there. So utopia might also have another reason or such

Mate, you are right but not all thread can be left for reference. there are actually some off topics discussed and questions that has been sort out with the new upgrades.

#8 2023-05-29 15:27:23

IyaJJJ

crpuusd;9903 wrote:

First decentralized based project always give users some liberation and that's why you are seeing that and something a certain conversation may trigger a new discussion and for the discussion to get more attention it will be good for the current discussion.

#9 2023-05-30 09:39:22

Comrade

IyaJJJ;10635 wrote:
crpuusd;9903 wrote:

First decentralized based project always give users some liberation and that's why you are seeing that and something a certain conversation may trigger a new discussion and for the discussion to get more attention it will be good for the current discussion.

You very much right, for example, there is a particular angle i saw in the forum which need more information and or updates and it seem like the topics was left unanswered. E g
https://talk.u.is/viewtopic.php?id=291
https://talk.u.is/viewtopic.php?id=215 (this particular issue has been solved and even an upgraded docker has been launched)

#10 2023-06-06 12:52:13

Europ

Comrade;10819 wrote:
IyaJJJ;10635 wrote:
crpuusd;9903 wrote:

You very much right, for example, there is a particular angle i saw in the forum which need more information and or updates and it seem like the topics was left unanswered. E g
https://talk.u.is/viewtopic.php?id=215 (this particular issue has been solved and even an upgraded docker has been launched)

Utopia has a great respect for people's  opinions and if there can be locking or closing of group.

#11 2023-06-09 23:37:18

full

Europ;12302 wrote:
Comrade;10819 wrote:
IyaJJJ;10635 wrote:

Utopia has a great respect for people's  opinions and if there can be locking or closing of group.

There's no doubt about the UtopiaP2P ecosystem having respect for the opinion of its user but try to read the link provided above cause it explains a lot of things that are needed to be fixed by the UtopiaP2P developer.

#12 2023-06-09 23:37:41

thrive

full;13023 wrote:
Europ;12302 wrote:
Comrade;10819 wrote:

There's no doubt about the UtopiaP2P ecosystem having respect for the opinion of its user but try to read the link provided above cause it explains a lot of things that are needed to be fixed by the UtopiaP2P developer.

Yes, the link does something about a possible messaging issue that's found on the UtopiaP2P ecosystem but can the developer team fix it now?

#13 2023-06-09 23:37:59

IyaJJJ

thrive;13024 wrote:
full;13023 wrote:
Europ;12302 wrote:

Yes, the link does something about a possible messaging issue that's found on the UtopiaP2P ecosystem but can the developer team fix it now?

I don't think fixing the issue is a problem for the UtopiaP2P development. I think the problem is people ignore that area and the development is not aware.

#14 2023-06-09 23:38:17

level

IyaJJJ;13025 wrote:
thrive;13024 wrote:
full;13023 wrote:

I don't think fixing the issue is a problem for the UtopiaP2P development. I think the problem is people ignore that area and the development is not aware.

I don't know if the development team of UtopiaP2P are unaware of this issue need to be addressed so that user won't miss important message send to them when they are offline.

#15 2023-06-09 23:39:04

IyaJJJ

Comrade;10819 wrote:
IyaJJJ;10635 wrote:
crpuusd;9903 wrote:

Despite the solution provided by the UtopiaP2P application client the of an offline contact not getting the messages sent to him when he is online will affect the functionality of the app client.

#16 2023-06-09 23:39:21

level

IyaJJJ;13027 wrote:
Comrade;10819 wrote:
IyaJJJ;10635 wrote:

Despite the solution provided by the UtopiaP2P application client the of an offline contact not getting the messages sent to him when he is online will affect the functionality of the app client.

Yes, it will affect the performance of the UtopiaP2P aapplication, I once experience the issue before but I don't know if the development has fixed the issue now.

#17 2023-06-09 23:40:23

IyaJJJ

level;13028 wrote:
IyaJJJ;13027 wrote:
Comrade;10819 wrote:

Yes, it will affect the performance of the UtopiaP2P aapplication, I once experience the issue before but I don't know if the development has fixed the issue now.

Meanwhile, only the user that makes use of the messaging feature of the UtopiaP2P application lately will know if a solution has already been made for the issue.

#18 2023-06-16 23:14:45

crpuusd

IyaJJJ;13029 wrote:
level;13028 wrote:
IyaJJJ;13027 wrote:

Meanwhile, only the user that makes use of the messaging feature of the UtopiaP2P application lately will know if a solution has already been made for the issue.

What about closing a negative topics raise in the forum, we only know of how well and robust effort the Utopia p2p team are puting in place to make the system right.

#19 2023-06-18 21:37:18

Europ

crpuusd;14407 wrote:
IyaJJJ;13029 wrote:
level;13028 wrote:

What about closing a negative topics raise in the forum, we only know of how well and robust effort the Utopia p2p team are puting in place to make the system right.

Well i will say the Utopia is really trying and in the future the effectives moderators will get to understood  such.

#20 2023-06-18 22:31:23

full

crpuusd;14407 wrote:
IyaJJJ;13029 wrote:
level;13028 wrote:

The closing of a negative topic is something that has to do with only the forum which is something we should expect but the other option is something that has to do with the UtopiaP2P app client.

#21 2023-06-18 22:46:52

IyaJJJ

Europ;14789 wrote:
crpuusd;14407 wrote:
IyaJJJ;13029 wrote:

Well i will say the Utopia is really trying and in the future the effectives moderators will get to understood  such.

There's no doubt that the UtopiaP2P development team is really trying but still has a lot of improvement of the ecosystem work to do and it will be more than good if they work on it.

#22 2023-06-18 23:21:31

IyaJJJ

full;14810 wrote:
crpuusd;14407 wrote:
IyaJJJ;13029 wrote:

The closing of a negative topic is something that has to do with only the forum which is something we should expect but the other option is something that has to do with the UtopiaP2P app client.

The UtopiaP2P application client seems to be more important than the forum since 95% of the UtopiaP2P service can be executed using the application client.

#23 2023-06-18 23:22:03

thrive

IyaJJJ;14825 wrote:
full;14810 wrote:
crpuusd;14407 wrote:

The UtopiaP2P application client seems to be more important than the forum since 95% of the UtopiaP2P service can be executed using the application client.

However, the UtopiaP2P development needs to respond to these issues of offline users not getting the message sent to them or the other user not getting the message sent to them after the sender is offline.

#24 2023-06-18 23:22:43

IyaJJJ

thrive;14826 wrote:
IyaJJJ;14825 wrote:
full;14810 wrote:

However, the UtopiaP2P development needs to respond to these issues of offline users not getting the message sent to them or the other user not getting the message sent to them after the sender is offline.

Yes, because this may potentially affect the user experience and could be improved upon with further development and updates to the desktop app.

#25 2023-06-18 23:23:13

thrive

IyaJJJ;14827 wrote:
thrive;14826 wrote:
IyaJJJ;14825 wrote:

Yes, because this may potentially affect the user experience and could be improved upon with further development and updates to the desktop app.

It's important for the developers to listen to user feedback and continue working on improving the stability and performance of the app.

Board footer