uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-15 14:35:53

Detroit

Crypton as a medium of payment in UK

Here in the UK, the hospital where I work,  we're looking forward to accepting cryptocurrency as one of our mediums of payment.
Has anyone here done that before? What was your experience? Are there any challenges if they're, how did you overcome them?
Your opinion will be highly valued thank you.

#2 2023-01-15 16:52:03

KingCRP

Re: Crypton as a medium of payment in UK

Well coins like Bitcoin are becoming a medium of payment around the world and it is really amazing, I believe that there is a chance that in Future CRP can serve as a medium of payment.

#3 2023-01-15 19:12:39

Lanistergame2

To include a new medium of payment there has to be some sort of demand for it from the customers. Is there a demand among the hospital customers for a crypto related medium of payment and how popular is that demand? After answering this question, then you can decide whether or not to go ahead with it.

The likely challenges you will face is in demand and whether or not to hold in the crypto or convert to fiat.
You also has to consider the legal standings of crypto in the country.

#4 2023-01-16 10:11:12

CrytoCynthia

I think UK is a country that has placed so much regulation on Crypton and I don’t think it would be too hard to make CRP Crypton as medium of exchange there

#5 2023-01-16 10:31:20

Camavinga

First, it is a great idea to propose the addition of CRP as a payment option where you work, i read a thread here the other day about merchants that have CRP as a payment option in their business, and i thought it to be a great thing, if it where to be your personal business i would have suggested you make CRP a payment option immediately. But since it is where you work, i guess the decision isn’t solely in your hands and you can only make a suggestion, you can suggest CRP by the way, but i am sure the majority of workers would suggest bitcoin, which is a global currency.

#6 2023-01-16 10:47:22

Detroit

Lanistergame2;3195 wrote:

To include a new medium of payment there has to be some sort of demand for it from the customers. Is there a demand among the hospital customers for a crypto related medium of payment and how popular is that demand? After answering this question, then you can decide whether or not to go ahead with it.

The likely challenges you will face is in demand and whether or not to hold in the crypto or convert to fiat.
You also have to consider the legal standings of crypto in the country.

Yes,  I've customers requesting it.

Most of them have been in an emergency where by they've not converted their cryptocurrencies to pounds since it's an emergency and they need to deposit payment before any treatment can occur.

Sometimes I've to share my wallet address with them to make a deposit then I pay with my debit card with fiat.

I'm also no longer comfortable sharing my wallet address with strangers. And also sometimes I may not have enough on my debit card to sort the bills.

#7 2023-01-16 10:53:23

Detroit

Camavinga;3249 wrote:

First, it is a great idea to propose the addition of CRP as a payment option where you work, i read a thread here the other day about merchants that have CRP as a payment option in their business, and i thought it to be a great thing, if it where to be your personal business i would have suggested you make CRP a payment option immediately. But since it is where you work, i guess the decision isn’t solely in your hands and you can only make a suggestion, you can suggest CRP by the way, but i am sure the majority of workers would suggest bitcoin, which is a global currency.

I'm a co-owner of the hospital.
Are there ways I can facilitate this process without incurring loss or scams? Sometimes network can be so bad that it takes a longer time to confirm transactions.
Most customers don't appreciate that because with that there will be a delay in the treatment process.

#8 2023-01-16 11:11:02

KAMSI_UG

Detroit;3258 wrote:
Camavinga;3249 wrote:

Are there ways I can facilitate this process without incurring loss or scams? Sometimes network can be so bad that it takes a longer time to confirm transactions.
Most customers don't appreciate that because with that there will be a delay in the treatment process.

It’s not really easy to co-own a hospital, like how do you even find the time out to even be here or even. Well it would be a nice addition for your hospital to allow the use of CRP Crypton.

#9 2023-01-16 11:20:30

Detroit

KAMSI_UG;3269 wrote:

It’s not really easy to co-own a hospital, like how do you even find the time out to even be here or even. Well it would be a nice addition for your hospital to allow the use of CRP Crypton.

That's true mate.
I come here at my free time. Crypto is one of the things I enjoy doing.
I find it very relaxing if you as me.

#10 2023-01-16 11:21:06

Lanistergame2

Detroit;3253 wrote:

Most of them have been in an emergency where by they've not converted their cryptocurrencies to pounds since it's an emergency and they need to deposit payment before any treatment can occur.

In that case, if the demand is high enough you should consider creating a payment option for it.
You should also advise them to not store their entire funds in crypto and only use amounts they can afford to lose. This way they have enough to get by daily and also to take care of any emergency or untoward situation that occurs.

Detroit;3253 wrote:

I'm also no longer comfortable sharing my wallet address with strangers. And also sometimes I may not have enough on my debit card to sort the bills.

You can simply create a separate wallet address which is not in anyway linked to you for the purpose of receiving payments.

#11 2023-01-16 11:27:38

Detroit

Lanistergame2;3277 wrote:

You can simply create a separate wallet address which is not in anyway linked to you for the purpose of receiving payments.

That's a good idea, I'll do that when the introduction of cryptocurrency as a medium of payment doesn't work out. But I hope it does work out. This will relive me from a lot of stress.

#12 2023-01-16 13:38:13

full

Detroit;3176 wrote:

Here in the UK, the hospital where I work,  we're looking forward to accepting cryptocurrency as one of our mediums of payment.
Has anyone here done that before? What was your experience? Are there any challenges if they're, how did you overcome them?
Your opinion will be highly valued thank you.

I have never seen anyone do this before on the Utopia p2p ecosystem although we have people who offer goods and other services that have nothing to do with the medical line that is accepting Crypton as payment.
The major challenge is finding a Crypton holder you will provide your service since CRP is a privacy coin.

#13 2023-01-16 19:04:51

JONSNOWING

I don't know if it's going to be like the general United kingdom but it's possible some of the Merchants amongst the 1800+ merchant maybe originating from UK.

#14 2023-01-16 19:53:21

Lanistergame2

Detroit;3281 wrote:

ll do that when the introduction of cryptocurrency as a medium of payment doesn't work out. But I hope it does work out. This will relive me from a lot of stress.

It should work out and if it does not you really have nothing to lose;
Accepting bitcoin as a medium of payment does not require much from you, all you need is;
- A wallet address,
- A hardware wallet or airgapped device,
- A means to post your address and/or QR code publicly.

All of these does not cost much and you lose nothing in the event the experiment does not work out

#15 2023-01-16 22:17:04

joanna

CrytoCynthia;3245 wrote:

I think UK is a country that has placed so much regulation on Crypton and I don’t think it would be too hard to make CRP Crypton as medium of exchange there

The UK is not a country that places regulations on Crypton, they only have regulations for cryptocurrency as a whole.
The main challenge for the author of this topic is finding online Crypton investors who will use his service. However, if the author of this topic can find local people and inform them about Crypton coin, things will work.

#16 2023-01-17 03:29:32

CrytoCynthia

joanna;3345 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;3245 wrote:

The UK is not a country that places regulations on Crypton, they only have regulations for cryptocurrency as a whole.
The main challenge for the author of this topic is finding online Crypton investors who will use his service. However, if the author of this topic can find local people and inform them about Crypton coin, things will work.

Yes mate the UK are a Cryptocurrency friendly country but not everyone in Uk is used to CRP Crypton and so it won’t be easy to just create it as a medium of payment.

#17 2023-01-17 11:14:50

Camavinga

Detroit;3258 wrote:

It doesn’t matter if you are the co-owner of the hospital or not, if you are going to make any crypto a payment option in your hospital, it has to be a crypto that people would want to pay you with, it has to be a global cryptocurrency. You should also look at the laws in your country regarding privacy coins before you do anything, so that the police do not come for you.

#18 2023-01-17 15:15:25

Detroit

Lanistergame2;3331 wrote:

It should work out and if it does not you really have nothing to lose;
Accepting bitcoin as a medium of payment does not require much from you, all you need is;
- A wallet address,
- A hardware wallet or airgapped device,
- A means to post your address and/or QR code publicly.

All of these does not cost much and you lose nothing in the event the experiment does not work out

You have a point there. I have nothing to lose in this case. The worst that can happen is no one wanting to use the new method and the best is my customers abduct it and makes things easy.

#19 2023-01-17 15:19:12

Detroit

Camavinga;3361 wrote:

It doesn’t matter if you are the co-owner of the hospital or not, if you are going to make any crypto a payment option in your hospital, it has to be a crypto that people would want to pay you with, it has to be a global cryptocurrency. You should also look at the laws in your country regarding privacy coins before you do anything, so that the police do not come for you.

Yes,  Crypton is still very new in the market. I can't force my customers to use Crypton,  but I can try to convince them to use it even though the majority might bend towards bitcoin.

#20 2023-01-17 15:43:50

KingCRP

Detroit;3374 wrote:
Camavinga;3361 wrote:

Yes,  Crypton is still very new in the market. I can't force my customers to use Crypton,  but I can try to convince them to use it even though the majority might bend towards bitcoin.

Well don’t try to force your customers then but something you can do is to advice them on the potentials of Crypton CRP and how solid the coin is, I believe that then they would give it a try

#21 2023-01-17 18:57:19

Lanistergame2

Detroit;3374 wrote:

Crypton is still very new in the market. I can't force my customers to use Crypton, but I can try to convince them to use it even though the majority might bend towards bitcoin.

You definitely cannot force them or even convince them, all you can do is to make the option available and those interested in it would use the option.

No one is going to be convinced to flip their fiat for crypto at the point of paying for their medical field and it would be ill advised to try to do so.

#22 2023-01-17 19:35:09

KAMSI_UG

How wildly used or adopted is CRP Crypton in UK? This is a very vital question you should ask, although I appreciate CRP Crypton too and love to use it more often it still need more popularity.

#23 2023-01-17 20:10:20

Kelechi

KAMSI_UG;3404 wrote:

How wildly used or adopted is CRP Crypton in UK? This is a very vital question you should ask, although I appreciate CRP Crypton too and love to use it more often it still need more popularity.

Well coins like Bitcoin, are still the most widely used coins around the world but everyone has a begining and I think CRP Crypton is fast growing

#24 2023-01-18 17:58:06

Camavinga

Kelechi;3412 wrote:

Well coins like Bitcoin, are still the most widely used coins around the world but everyone has a begining and I think CRP Crypton is fast growing

I have not heard too much about privacy coins being used as a payment option around the world, people need to understand that Bitcoin isn’t a privacy coin even if it is decentralized, and that is why it is easily used globally. Government do not like privacy coins and they usually have a problem wit them. CRP is going to grow, but i am not too sure about how well it will be used for payment.

#25 2023-01-19 17:41:20

KingCRP

The world globally is becoming a technology hub and everything is getting better, I believe some Day when Cryptocurrency is now generally accepted then you can implement this system for now just make it as a payment option

Board footer