uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-29 16:43:22

thrive

Microsoft Urges Customers to Secure On-Premises Exchange Servers

Microsoft is urging customers to keep their Exchange servers updated as well as take steps to bolster the environment, such as enabling Windows Extended Protection and configuring certificate-based signing of PowerShell serialization payloads.

"Attackers looking to exploit unpatched Exchange servers are not going to go away," the tech giant's Exchange Team said in a post. "There are too many aspects of unpatched on-premises Exchange environments that are valuable to bad actors looking to exfiltrate data or commit other malicious acts."

Microsoft also emphasized mitigations issued by the company are only a stopgap solution and that they can "become insufficient to protect against all variations of an attack," necessitating that users install necessary security updates to secure the servers.

Exchange Server has been proven to be a lucrative attack vector in recent years, what with a number of security flaws in the software weaponized as zero-days to hack into systems.

In the past two years alone, several sets of vulnerabilities have been discovered in Exchange Server – including ProxyLogon, ProxyOracle, ProxyShell, ProxyToken, ProxyNotShell, and a ProxyNotShell mitigation bypass known as OWASSRF – some of which have come under widespread exploitation in the wild.

Bitdefender, in a technical advisory published this week, described Exchange as an "ideal target," while also chronicling some of the real-world attacks involving the ProxyNotShell / OWASSRF exploit chains since late November 2022.

40CqJWP.png

#2 2023-01-29 17:28:20

Kelechi

Re: Microsoft Urges Customers to Secure On-Premises Exchange Servers

Well how do you see Microsoft affecting exchange like Crypton Exchange. I understand about how unsecured we are on the internet but I believe the Utopia p2p ecosystem offers some bit of protections.

#3 2023-01-29 19:39:59

KingCRP

Kelechi;4032 wrote:

Well how do you see Microsoft affecting exchange like Crypton Exchange. I understand about how unsecured we are on the internet but I believe the Utopia p2p ecosystem offers some bit of protections.

I am not a tech savvy but in simple term understanding I don’t think Microsoft can affect Crypton exchange. Crypton exchange is a DEX decentralized exchange and I doubt if there can be any compromise.

#4 2023-01-30 15:27:26

CrytoCynthia

The big billionaires like Elon musk, owner of Microsoft and even the owner of Google are trying to me thousands of years ahead of everyone and are trying to store as much data about humans as possible. I think we actually need the protection on the internet.

#5 2023-01-30 17:55:55

KAMSI_UG

CrytoCynthia;4170 wrote:

The big billionaires like Elon musk, owner of Microsoft and even the owner of Google are trying to me thousands of years ahead of everyone and are trying to store as much data about humans as possible. I think we actually need the protection on the internet.

Well most of the way the spy on us is the surveillance they have on us mostly through their applications, Social Media and also filling out forms on line. It’s getting risky to be on the internet.

#6 2023-01-30 20:12:39

KingCRP

KAMSI_UG;4184 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;4170 wrote:

Well most of the way the spy on us is the surveillance they have on us mostly through their applications, Social Media and also filling out forms on line. It’s getting risky to be on the internet.

A big mistake I know many people make is they actually don’t read the terms and conditions on most things on their device before clicking the accept button, doing that can really put you at risky.

#7 2023-01-30 20:35:27

Dozie

KingCRP;4210 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;4184 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;4170 wrote:

A big mistake I know many people make is they actually don’t read the terms and conditions on most things on their device before clicking the accept button, doing that can really put you at risky.

Well you can actually read those terms and conditions and still go ahead to click agreed because most times it's misleading and really you can't figure out some of the hidden logic to some statement in there.

#8 2023-01-30 22:34:37

full

Kelechi;4032 wrote:

You get everything all wrong the exchange they were talking about is not a cryptocurrency exchange site but an area where servers data exchange on Microsoft windows, email, etc. that's why they advise people to enhance their extended protection and configure certificate-based signing of PowerShell serialization payloads.

#9 2023-01-30 22:43:10

thrive

CrytoCynthia;4170 wrote:

Where do you get this idea? Microsoft was founded by Bill Gates, and Paul Allen but at the time of writing this the current owner of Microsoft is Satya Narayana Nadella is the executive chairman and CEO of Microsoft, succeeding Steve while vice chairman and president Bill Gates

#10 2023-01-30 22:55:07

joanna

KAMSI_UG;4184 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;4170 wrote:

The only way we can escape the surveillance of power people. politician and the government is through the use of the Utopia p2p ecosystem because nothing guarantees that the phone, laptop, etc we are using is not tab by big brother.

#11 2023-02-01 19:23:18

Kelechi

Well yes Utopia p2p puts the power in the hands of the people and this can be seen in virtually all of its Utilities and it is also not under any control of the government.

#12 2023-02-01 20:28:13

level

Kelechi;4309 wrote:

Well yes Utopia p2p puts the power in the hands of the people and this can be seen in virtually all of its Utilities and it is also not under any control of the government.

Unlike other ecosystems which experienced data breaches or hack attacks. The Utopia p2p ecosystem was bulletproof to every attack all thank to the development for making the ecosystem a closed source.

#13 2023-02-02 19:56:11

CrytoCynthia

Guys speaking of Microsoft let’s talk about how the owner of Microsoft bill gate is dropping in terms of his position as a billionaire and the former richest man in the world and then became the second and then became the third richest man in the world.

#14 2023-02-02 23:12:32

full

Kelechi;4309 wrote:

There's no doubt that the Utopia p2p ecosystem quenches the thirst of people in terms of privacy, security, and liberation but it also introduces the needed innovative concept in terms of features

#15 2023-02-02 23:28:28

joanna

CrytoCynthia;4411 wrote:

Guys speaking of Microsoft let’s talk about how the owner of Microsoft bill gate is dropping in terms of his position as a billionaire and the former richest man in the world and then became the second and then became the third richest man in the world.

Bill gate will 70 years old by 2025 and I believe he understands that he's not getting young because he's at the age where something is more important than what he wants. Besides, I think he's more into social work and helping people than managing Microsoft that's the reason why he chooses to be an advisor.

#16 2023-02-02 23:29:09

thrive

level;4336 wrote:
Kelechi;4309 wrote:

Unlike other ecosystems which experienced data breaches or hack attacks. The Utopia p2p ecosystem was bulletproof to every attack all thank to the development for making the ecosystem a closed source.

I posted this news because of the increase in data breaches and hack attacks on different platforms lately so that people would know the purpose why privacy is something they must not ignore because prevention is better than cure.

#17 2023-02-03 15:53:15

CrytoCynthia

Privacy is important quite alright but truth be told privacy issues has always been difficult to come by, not every project that offers privacy protection actually lives up to the hype.

#18 2023-02-03 16:18:44

KAMSI_UG

Well not only Microsoft social media is another means for us to sell off our privacy to people who really wants to have them. The internet is generally not secured we all need to be very careful.

#19 2023-02-03 17:36:59

JONSNOWING

KAMSI_UG;4502 wrote:

Well not only Microsoft social media is another means for us to sell off our privacy to people who really wants to have them. The internet is generally not secured we all need to be very careful.

It's hard to completely tell anyone that they need to avoid social media that is definitely not possible but if you must be in social media you should always read the term and conditions and know what you put out in the open

#20 2023-02-03 19:59:24

joanna

KAMSI_UG;4502 wrote:

Yes, the internet is not secure if privacy is ignored especially for those that are using social media accounts because 97% of all social media accounts sell user information even Elon Musk once make a statement about it that the US government paid millions of dollars for these services every year.

#21 2023-02-03 20:03:06

level

JONSNOWING;4515 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;4502 wrote:

It's hard to completely tell anyone that they need to avoid social media that is definitely not possible but if you must be in social media you should always read the term and conditions and know what you put out in the open

Social media is part of the life of almost everybody in this 21 century and the best way to maintain privacy on social media accounts is to never make use of genuine information, and not post real updates and traveling details.

#22 2023-02-03 20:08:36

thrive

CrytoCynthia;4495 wrote:

Privacy is important quite alright but truth be told privacy issues has always been difficult to come by, not every project that offers privacy protection actually lives up to the hype.

In a situation when some project that claims to provide privacy not living up to the expectation is the reason for the birth of the Utopia p2p ecosystem and the statement is clear in the Utopia manifesto.

#23 2023-02-03 20:12:19

full

level;4543 wrote:
JONSNOWING;4515 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;4502 wrote:

Social media is part of the life of almost everybody in this 21 century and the best way to maintain privacy on social media accounts is to never make use of genuine information, and not post real updates and traveling details.

In the information, you said people should not use the social media platform is what most people of this century love to post online social media. I could remember that posting of travel locations with pictures on social media was the reason why an American rapper was tracked down and shot dead last year. People need to understand the danger of ignoring privacy

#24 2023-02-16 23:26:03

thrive

full;4545 wrote:
level;4543 wrote:
JONSNOWING;4515 wrote:

In the information, you said people should not use the social media platform is what most people of this century love to post online social media. I could remember that posting of travel locations with pictures on social media was the reason why an American rapper was tracked down and shot dead last year. People need to understand the danger of ignoring privacy

There's no doubt that people of this century like the posting of information on social media and after this have led to the killing of some celebrity. I believe people need to choose between privacy that will protect them from danger or exposing themselves to danger.

Board footer