uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-27 13:51:45

SGL

utopia-protectron bot to remove spam in chats

A bot that allows you to remove spam from chat rooms in Utopia Messenger.

You can use a ready-made bot by adding it to your contacts with a public key:

CA963CF9120FBF1987AB4275524EFFF0BD057FACF659D66C0FAF3D553F7BDD78

Procedure:

1. add the bot to your contacts;

2. add the bot as a moderator of your chat, giving him the right to delete messages;

3. send the ID of your channel to the bot in your personal message;

4. enable required anti-spam filters.

Github: https://github.com/Sagleft/utopia-protectron

logo.jpg

Crypton/UUSD donation for new developments: F50AF5410B1F3F4297043F0E046F205BCBAA76BEC70E936EB0F3AB94BF316804

#2 2023-03-09 23:48:16

thrive

Re: utopia-protectron bot to remove spam in chats

If I have a channel on the UtopiaP2P application client is it possible to use the bot to uVoucher to channel users based on their performance on the channel or can the bot be used to do an airdrop in channel?

#3 2023-05-02 23:56:35

full

thrive;5301 wrote:

If I have a channel on the UtopiaP2P application client is it possible to use the bot to uVoucher to channel users based on their performance on the channel or can the bot be used to do an airdrop in channel?

It will be nice to know the performance of this Utopia-protectron bot that was introduced by the original poster on this topic due to spam happening lately in some channels on the Utopia app client.

#4 2023-05-03 17:41:54

Detroit

full;7447 wrote:
thrive;5301 wrote:

It will be nice to know the performance of this Utopia-protectron bot that was introduced by the original poster on this topic due to spam happening lately in some channels on the Utopia app client.

What exactly does the bot do on the utopia network? I saw some thing like protection,  does it also help to dictate scammers on the utopia network?

#5 2023-05-03 23:15:20

full

Detroit;7478 wrote:
full;7447 wrote:
thrive;5301 wrote:

What exactly does the bot do on the utopia network? I saw some thing like protection,  does it also help to dictate scammers on the utopia network?

No, according to what the original poster of this topic said. The duty of the bot is to filter and remove all the unwanted possible scam post in a channel.

#6 2023-05-03 23:55:57

Vastextension

full;7568 wrote:
Detroit;7478 wrote:
full;7447 wrote:

No, according to what the original poster of this topic said. The duty of the bot is to filter and remove all the unwanted possible scam post in a channel.

Yes, the bot was created to enable required anti-spam filters but I have never seen anyone of the Utopia application client use it before. Does it mean the op quit?

#7 2023-05-04 19:32:47

full

Vastextension;7581 wrote:
full;7568 wrote:
Detroit;7478 wrote:

Yes, the bot was created to enable required anti-spam filters but I have never seen anyone of the Utopia application client use it before. Does it mean the op quit?

However, we can conclude everything without hearing from the original poster of this topic who I believe is also the creator of the bot and he appears to have been away for a long time. Is there a way to contact him on the UtopiaP2P application client?

#8 2023-05-04 19:35:30

thrive

full;7643 wrote:
full;7568 wrote:

However, we can conclude everything without hearing from the original poster of this topic who I believe is also the creator of the bot and he appears to have been away for a long time. Is there a way to contact him on the UtopiaP2P application client?

You should be able to find the user on the UtopiaP2P application client if you join the "Developer of Utopia" channel if the user is on there but I believe he would be there since he has dev knowledge.

#9 2023-05-04 19:43:18

IyaJJJ

full;7643 wrote:
full;7568 wrote:

The best way I believe you can contact the user is through the UtopiaP2P application is by adding him to the contact through the public key he posted on this particular thread.

Last edited by IyaJJJ (2023-05-04 19:43:35)

#10 2023-05-04 19:44:48

joanna

IyaJJJ;7645 wrote:
full;7643 wrote:

The best way I believe you can contact the user is through the UtopiaP2P application is by adding him to the contact through the public key he posted on this particular thread.

Yes, you're right about adding the public key of the developer but I won't suggest the use of the public key provided by him on this topic because it was meant for the bot and I suggest the use of the public he has on his profile for donation.

#11 2023-05-04 20:48:10

Detroit

full;7568 wrote:
Detroit;7478 wrote:

Exactly, you just took the words out of my mouth. The bot is technically not functioning because if it is all the shit posts I see here every day should have been deleted.

#12 2023-05-04 23:22:16

level

joanna;7646 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7645 wrote:
full;7643 wrote:

Yes, you're right about adding the public key of the developer but I won't suggest the use of the public key provided by him on this topic because it was meant for the bot and I suggest the use of the public he has on his profile for donation.

The public keys attached to his profile page will be the best indeed but I think it will be better if join the developer channel as suggested by another user and also make use of the public keys because if the user doesn't accept the adding to contact list through public key there's no way to communicate with him.

#13 2023-05-04 23:27:04

oba

full;7568 wrote:
Detroit;7478 wrote:

Although, I don't have the tech knowledge about how bot are created but i believe the user spent his valuable time creating the bot and I don't expect him either to just quit like that not minding the time he spent developing the bot.

#14 2023-05-04 23:28:01

Vastextension

oba;7725 wrote:
full;7568 wrote:

Although, I don't have the tech knowledge about how bot are created but i believe the user spent his valuable time creating the bot and I don't expect him either to just quit like that not minding the time he spent developing the bot.

Time spent on creating a bot depends on the advanced knowledge and skills of the creator with the inclusion of the functionality the bot will provide. I think the user is enthusiastic about this project and I don't expect him to give up on something easily.

#15 2023-05-05 23:41:55

oba

Vastextension;7726 wrote:
oba;7725 wrote:

Time spent on creating a bot depends on the advanced knowledge and skills of the creator with the inclusion of the functionality the bot will provide. I think the user is enthusiastic about this project and I don't expect him to give up on something easily.

In some case the time spent on anything either a bot or something that has to do with offline have to do with the creator's level of knowledge there are some people that can handle the hard task and execute it in no time.

#16 2023-05-08 15:46:40

SGL

I had a problem with the hoster. I will try to stabilize the server with the bot. Should come back to life.

Crypton/UUSD donation for new developments: F50AF5410B1F3F4297043F0E046F205BCBAA76BEC70E936EB0F3AB94BF316804

#17 2023-05-08 22:17:05

IyaJJJ

SGL;8103 wrote:

I had a problem with the hoster. I will try to stabilize the server with the bot. Should come back to life.

Is there another function that the bot can provide like hosting an airdrop in a certain channel and sending CRP coins to the user based on their participation?
If yes. How can it be programmed?

#18 2023-05-08 22:19:24

thrive

IyaJJJ;8111 wrote:
SGL;8103 wrote:

Is there another function that the bot can provide like hosting an airdrop in a certain channel and sending CRP coins to the user based on their participation?

I don't think the bot can do that base on the original poster's first message on this topic which stated that adding the bot will delete spam messages since it's created to work as an anti-spam filter.

#19 2023-05-08 22:34:27

full

thrive;8112 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8111 wrote:
SGL;8103 wrote:

I don't think the bot can do that base on the original poster's first message on this topic which stated that adding the bot will delete spam messages since it's created to work as an anti-spam filter.

Yes, that's correct. Meanwhile, if a request about adding this feature is suggested to the bot creator he may choose to add it if he wants to but it will be nice if he chooses to add it.

#20 2023-05-09 16:34:36

thrive

full;8113 wrote:
thrive;8112 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8111 wrote:

Yes, that's correct. Meanwhile, if a request about adding this feature is suggested to the bot creator he may choose to add it if he wants to but it will be nice if he chooses to add it.

Yes, you have a point, and if this feature is added if I am the bot creator I will have to add some fee to it unless the creator is a total enthusiast of this project.
In the meantime, all the decisions rely on him.

#21 2023-05-09 17:34:36

full

thrive;8137 wrote:
full;8113 wrote:
thrive;8112 wrote:

Yes, you have a point, and if this feature is added if I am the bot creator I will have to add some fee to it unless the creator is a total enthusiast of this project.

Of course, he can monetize it.
You have said it all if he is an enthusiast of the UtopiaP2P project and there are a lot of people working hard and creating something that will push this project forward.

Last edited by full (2023-05-09 17:35:18)

#22 2023-05-13 21:14:33

Lanistergame2

full;8145 wrote:
thrive;8137 wrote:
full;8113 wrote:

You have said it all if he is an enthusiast of the UtopiaP2P project and there are a lot of people working hard and creating something that will push this project forward.

Monetizing your work shows that your us beautiful and good and you as a person trust in your craft. I'm sure it will sell if the owner decides to run that route.

#23 2023-05-29 08:59:08

Comrade

Lanistergame2;8320 wrote:
full;8145 wrote:
thrive;8137 wrote:

Monetizing your work shows that your us beautiful and good and you as a person trust in your craft. I'm sure it will sell if the owner decides to run that route.

Its a great deal to have such a committed developing spirit and actually can some tell me about the utopia mobile app

#24 2023-05-29 13:28:13

IyaJJJ

full;8145 wrote:
thrive;8137 wrote:

Monetization of work is a beautiful thing cause it involves doing what we love while we also learn from it but it will only be a good decision until we make the best out of it

#25 2023-05-30 09:15:44

Comrade

IyaJJJ;10628 wrote:
full;8145 wrote:

Monetization of work is a beautiful thing cause it involves doing what we love while we also learn from it but it will only be a good decision until we make the best out of it

A good job deserves a profitable handshake and every works needs a tell a person structure to keep the profits keep coming in. Such monetized programmed its a good step. I think monetizing don't comes first in a new Source but it seem you are optimistic about your work.

Board footer