uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-23 14:28:35

Camavinga

Beware of pig butchering scam

If you have not heard about it, i will briefly explain: in pig butchering scam, the scammer sends a random message to the prospective victim, in a bid to start a conversation or build friendship, most times it is a romantic friendship that has to do with love and sending pictures over the internet, just to build trust.

Once this mystery friend builds your trust, they introduce you to a fake platform where you can make money, in that website you would see that money can be made, but it is fake, your mystery lover would ask you to deposit and join them in making money, after your first deposit into that platform, you would be paid to build more trust, but the moment you come with the big money, your funds are gone. Beware of pig butchering scam, take a second out of your time to check it on the internet, there’s a lot of modus operandi, do not fall victim.

#2 2023-03-30 05:10:41

Lanistergame2

Re: Beware of pig butchering scam

Do not enter conversations with strangers. Unsolicited messages are the first tools that a scammer has and if you do not respond, the chance of being a victim drops exponentially.

Any online offer which seems to good to be true, is probably not true and should be ignored. DO not get comfortable on the internet, cause that could lead to complacency and cause you to become a victim.

#3 2023-04-04 06:38:34

Camavinga

Lanistergame2;6642 wrote:

Any online offer which seems to good to be true, is probably not true and should be ignored. DO not get comfortable on the internet, cause that could lead to complacency and cause you to become a victim.

Thank you for your input which is very apt and correct. Many times people look for romantic relationships online, there is nothing wrong with that, but do not get too comfortable and do not give anything away until you have actually met the person. Do not be fooled to invest or send your crypto to them, it is a scam!

#4 2023-04-04 17:54:36

Detroit

Camavinga;6602 wrote:

If you have not heard about it, i will briefly explain: in pig butchering scam, the scammer sends a random message to the prospective victim, in a bid to start a conversation or build friendship, most times it is a romantic friendship that has to do with love and sending pictures over the internet, just to build trust.

Once this mystery friend builds your trust, they introduce you to a fake platform where you can make money, in that website you would see that money can be made, but it is fake, your mystery lover would ask you to deposit and join them in making money, after your first deposit into that platform, you would be paid to build more trust, but the moment you come with the big money, your funds are gone. Beware of pig butchering scam, take a second out of your time to check it on the internet, there’s a lot of modus operandi, do not fall victim.

Wow, thanks for sharing this. I don't if it's a normal thing,  I can never send someone money or do business with someone over the Internet.  No matter how close we are. If you need business or money meet me at an open bar then we discuss.

#5 2023-04-04 22:24:57

JONSNOWING

In a nut shell beware of scams generally, the cryptocurrency space is not one you act all silly and lose your knack for knowledge. The dangers here are much and ones you move wrongly you could lose alot .

#6 2023-04-04 23:54:50

joanna

Camavinga;6674 wrote:
Lanistergame2;6642 wrote:

Thank you for your input which is very apt and correct. Many times people look for romantic relationships online, there is nothing wrong with that, but do not get too comfortable and do not give anything away until you have actually met the person. Do not be fooled to invest or send your crypto to them, it is a scam!

I never the name of the scamming strategy until now but it's still an old form of strategy used by online theft to steal from people online. I think every crypto enthusiast that familiarizes themselves with old scam strategies will easily spot out foul play by the current market scammer.

#7 2023-04-04 23:56:35

full

JONSNOWING;6775 wrote:

In a nut shell beware of scams generally, the cryptocurrency space is not one you act all silly and lose your knack for knowledge. The dangers here are much and ones you move wrongly you could lose alot .

The number one way to beware of scammers is never be greed, always think like a scammer when dealing with someone online and you'll clear than the scammer.

#8 2023-04-05 05:51:29

Camavinga

Detroit;6714 wrote:

Wow, thanks for sharing this. I don't if it's a normal thing,  I can never send someone money or do business with someone over the Internet.  No matter how close we are. If you need business or money meet me at an open bar then we discuss.

It is good you are aware of this, so many people do not mind falling in love over the internet and sending all their money away to the person, or to meet someone online who presents them with a way to make money and they fall for it. If it is too good to be true, then it might be a scam. People should be careful.

#9 2023-04-05 11:01:40

Lanistergame2

Camavinga;6674 wrote:

Many times people look for romantic relationships online, there is nothing wrong with that, but do not get too comfortable and do not give anything away until you have actually met the person. Do not be fooled to invest or send your crypto to them, it is a scam!

There is nothing wrong visiting dating apps or using social media to stoke up romantic relationships. It is easy to find out when a scam is afoot cause all the cues would be there, many just chose to be blinded to it.

Always be on your guard for scams when on the internet.

#10 2023-04-05 18:38:26

Detroit

Lanistergame2;6813 wrote:
Camavinga;6674 wrote:

Many times people look for romantic relationships online, there is nothing wrong with that, but do not get too comfortable and do not give anything away until you have actually met the person. Do not be fooled to invest or send your crypto to them, it is a scam!

There is nothing wrong visiting dating apps or using social media to stoke up romantic relationships. It is easy to find out when a scam is afoot cause all the cues would be there, many just chose to be blinded to it.

Always be on your guard for scams when on the internet.

With all due respect mate, love doesn't exist on the internet.  It is all fake and sympathy flying around. Also looking for a way to extort you if you fall victim to their evil plans as I like to call it.

#11 2023-04-06 05:58:30

Camavinga

Detroit;6834 wrote:

With all due respect mate, love doesn't exist on the internet.  It is all fake and sympathy flying around. Also looking for a way to extort you if you fall victim to their evil plans as I like to call it.

Each to their own belief, so many people think otherwise and it is impossible to stop them from thinking so, but even as they find love over the internet, let them be smart and watch out for scams, do not love someone you have not seen so deeply that you start sending them so much money.

#12 2023-04-06 11:40:38

Lanistergame2

Detroit;6834 wrote:

With all due respect mate, love doesn't exist on the internet. It is all fake and sympathy flying around. Also looking for a way to extort you if you fall victim to their evil plans as I like to call it.

For majority of cases, this is the situation, meaning you would be safer to assume it all to be a scam rouse from the onset.

The Op was trying to point this out; we should stay vigilant when on the web and never lower our guard cause scammers are always changing their strategies.

#13 2023-04-06 19:47:22

Detroit

Lanistergame2;6952 wrote:
Detroit;6834 wrote:

With all due respect mate, love doesn't exist on the internet. It is all fake and sympathy flying around. Also looking for a way to extort you if you fall victim to their evil plans as I like to call it.

For majority of cases, this is the situation, meaning you would be safer to assume it all to be a scam rouse from the onset.

The Op was trying to point this out; we should stay vigilant when on the web and never lower our guard cause scammers are always changing their strategies.

I agree with you mate, very true. Sometime last week a friend of mine told me some girl chatted him up and they were both getting to know each other. This organization sells gold currency in the US and they only sell to US citizens. So she told him he can transfer dollars to get through his cashapp and she will help him buy it.  He then told me and I clarified to him that it was all a scam.

#14 2023-04-06 19:50:02

Detroit

Camavinga;6941 wrote:
Detroit;6834 wrote:

Each to their own belief, so many people think otherwise and it is impossible to stop them from thinking so, but even as they find love over the internet, let them be smart and watch out for scams, do not love someone you have not seen so deeply that you start sending them so much money.

Yeah true, everyone with their belief system. I have also seen a relationship based online that turned out to be a positive one which lead to marriage and they are happily married. In life just do what works for you.

#15 2023-04-07 05:32:09

Camavinga

Detroit;6979 wrote:

Yeah true, everyone with their belief system. I have also seen a relationship based online that turned out to be a positive one which lead to marriage and they are happily married. In life just do what works for you.

That’s exactly how life is, each to their own; just that people have to be careful, if you meet someone online and you have not met in person, do not give out too much private information about yourself, and do not send any money, make sure you see the person first and make sure they exist and they are who they say they are.

#16 2023-04-07 16:23:55

oba

Camavinga;7073 wrote:
Detroit;6979 wrote:

That’s exactly how life is, each to their own; just that people have to be careful, if you meet someone online and you have not met in person, do not give out too much private information about yourself, and do not send any money, make sure you see the person first and make sure they exist and they are who they say they are.

One thing I believe in life is that never compare yourself with anyone. You may be lucky in online relationships while others may not. However, this is not the case with cryptocurrency because scammers are everywhere and the only thing every crypto enthusiast must have in common is good knowledge of how to play safe and never be a victim of scams in any form.

#17 2023-04-07 17:28:23

CrytoCynthia

Pls there are so many scam this days and many has very close relationships I suggest when putting up post like this about scams you can also suggest to us the best approach we can take to counter it.

#18 2023-04-07 18:03:44

Detroit

CrytoCynthia;7119 wrote:

Pls there are so many scam this days and many has very close relationships I suggest when putting up post like this about scams you can also suggest to us the best approach we can take to counter it.

I don't think there's such a thing as countering a scam attack. The best way is to prevent it from happening also preventing it from happening means do not send money to someone over the Internet. Ask questions about whatever you have been told to the right people.

#19 2023-04-07 18:05:53

Detroit

oba;7112 wrote:
Camavinga;7073 wrote:
Detroit;6979 wrote:

One thing I believe in life is that never compare yourself with anyone. You may be lucky in online relationships while others may not. However, this is not the case with cryptocurrency because scammers are everywhere and the only thing every crypto enthusiast must have in common is good knowledge of how to play safe and never be a victim of scams in any form.

True,  absolutely true. Many cryptocurrency users do not understand the intricacies of online scammers but within cryptocurrencies and outside cryptocurrencies.  You should always be on guard.

#20 2023-04-08 19:49:56

Lanistergame2

oba;7112 wrote:

...However, this is not the case with cryptocurrency because scammers are everywhere and the only thing every crypto enthusiast must have in common is good knowledge of how to play safe and never be a victim of scams in any form.

You are right. Good knowledge of how to browse the internet is essential for anyone who is into crypto. Scammers are lurking everywhere waiting for a little slip up to steal your funds or your privacy.

Always stay vigilant and view anything as a scam.

#21 2023-04-29 22:11:43

thrive

Lanistergame2;7226 wrote:
oba;7112 wrote:

...However, this is not the case with cryptocurrency because scammers are everywhere and the only thing every crypto enthusiast must have in common is good knowledge of how to play safe and never be a victim of scams in any form.

You are right. Good knowledge of how to browse the internet is essential for anyone who is into crypto. Scammers are lurking everywhere waiting for a little slip up to steal your funds or your privacy.

Knowledge of how to browse the internet is not what is needed because browsing the internet is something easy. What is needed is how to safely use the internet and also avoid human mistake.

#22 2023-05-02 19:36:30

Detroit

thrive;7231 wrote:
oba;7112 wrote:

Knowledge of how to browse the internet is not what is needed because browsing the internet is something easy. What is needed is how to safely use the internet and also avoid human mistake.

Hey mate, I think I will disagree with you there. Browsing through the internet is not easy at all. You have to be very careful because there are a lot of scammers on the internet.

#23 2023-05-02 19:42:46

IyaJJJ

Detroit;7396 wrote:
thrive;7231 wrote:

Knowledge of how to browse the internet is not what is needed because browsing the internet is something easy. What is needed is how to safely use the internet and also avoid human mistakes.

Hey mate, I think I will disagree with you there. Browsing through the internet is not easy at all. You have to be very careful because there are a lot of scammers on the internet.

Out of curiosity but why would safely browsing the internet be difficult when people can easily do it through the Utopia Idyll browser or web proxy?

#24 2023-05-02 22:18:49

thrive

IyaJJJ;7398 wrote:
Detroit;7396 wrote:
thrive;7231 wrote:

Knowledge of how to browse the internet is not what is needed because browsing the internet is something easy. What is needed is how to safely use the internet and also avoid human mistakes.

Out of curiosity but why would safely browsing the internet be difficult when people can easily do it through the Utopia Idyll browser or web proxy?

This is the exact thing I am trying to point out because this 21 century and there's some application which Utopia app client is one that does the secure task for you and with the use of an antivirus like Kaspersky there should be no issue.

#25 2023-05-03 17:16:17

Detroit

thrive;7424 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7398 wrote:
Detroit;7396 wrote:

This is the exact thing I am trying to point out because this 21 century and there's some application which Utopia app client is one that does the secure task for you and with the use of an antivirus like Kaspersky there should be no issue.

Yeah, that's true there mate. But how many people are aware of all these informations? Many people do not know a lot of all these stuff including so-called cryptocurrency users.

Board footer