Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#26 2023-05-04 22:01:28

Camavinga

Re: Beware of pig butchering scam

thrive;7424 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7398 wrote:
Detroit;7396 wrote:

Hey mate, I think I will disagree with you there. Browsing through the internet is not easy at all. You have to be very careful because there are a lot of scammers on the internet.

Out of curiosity but why would safely browsing the internet be difficult when people can easily do it through the Utopia Idyll browser or web proxy?

This is the exact thing I am trying to point out because this 21 century and there's some application which Utopia app client is one that does the secure task for you and with the use of an antivirus like Kaspersky there should be no issue.

Many antiviruses are scams. They are there to clone your device and steal information from you. They also may or may not provide security against viruses.

#27 2023-05-04 22:04:48

CrytoCynthia

Camavinga;7675 wrote:
thrive;7424 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7398 wrote:

Out of curiosity but why would safely browsing the internet be difficult when people can easily do it through the Utopia Idyll browser or web proxy?

This is the exact thing I am trying to point out because this 21 century and there's some application which Utopia app client is one that does the secure task for you and with the use of an antivirus like Kaspersky there should be no issue.

Many antiviruses are scams. They are there to clone your device and steal information from you. They also may or may not provide security against viruses.

Not just antiviruses also any thing malware or phishing tool is a danger you should be aware of, don’t go about clicking on things you aren’t sure about.

#28 2023-05-05 12:41:33

Detroit

CrytoCynthia;7677 wrote:
Camavinga;7675 wrote:
thrive;7424 wrote:

Not just antiviruses also any thing malware or phishing tool is a danger you should be aware of, don’t go about clicking on things you aren’t sure about.

So of those things are evil if I must say. Sometimes they are positioned in such away that you can mistakenly click on them.  Some might even appear as site cookies

#29 2023-05-06 19:06:43

Camavinga

Detroit;7738 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;7677 wrote:
Camavinga;7675 wrote:

So of those things are evil if I must say. Sometimes they are positioned in such away that you can mistakenly click on them.  Some might even appear as site cookies

Yeah, some of those ads are that bad.  They are positioned for you to click on them. These ads contain malwares and viruses that can harm your device.

#30 2023-05-06 19:08:43

KAMSI_UG

Camavinga;7865 wrote:
Detroit;7738 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;7677 wrote:

Yeah, some of those ads are that bad.  They are positioned for you to click on them. These ads contain malwares and viruses that can harm your device.

Well then the best way to avoid them is having two different phones have one that you use for your socials and then another that you would use for business.

#31 2023-05-06 19:21:07

Camavinga

KAMSI_UG;7866 wrote:
Camavinga;7865 wrote:
Detroit;7738 wrote:

Well then the best way to avoid them is having two different phones have one that you use for your socials and then another that you would use for business.

Well that could help but the usefulness when compared to the dangers on the internet doesn't change anything. The idea of using two phones or separate devices that is work and home devices is good.

#32 2023-05-06 23:47:52

thrive

KAMSI_UG;7866 wrote:
Camavinga;7865 wrote:
Detroit;7738 wrote:

The ads are provided by the site owner in other to get the fund to manage their website. Having said that, having two phones is also not a way to avoid pig butchering scammers.

#33 2023-05-07 16:16:37

Detroit

thrive;7967 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;7866 wrote:
Camavinga;7865 wrote:

The ads are provided by the site owner in other to get the fund to manage their website. Having said that, having two phones is also not a way to avoid pig butchering scammers.

I don't count those ads as fundraising whatever you called it.  There are good ones but most of them are used ask scams. Bugs are planted on them and you are forced to click on it.

#34 2023-05-07 19:01:34

Camavinga

thrive;7967 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;7866 wrote:
Camavinga;7865 wrote:

I am not talking about the normal ads. I am talking about those that contain viruses and malware which are deposited in strategic places to force you to click on them.

#35 2023-05-07 20:22:28

Lanistergame2

Camavinga;8009 wrote:
thrive;7967 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;7866 wrote:

I am not talking about the normal ads. I am talking about those that contain viruses and malware which are deposited in strategic places to force you to click on them.

People need to be seriously careful when clicking on websites or links. The can contain bugs or viruses which are created to spy on you and destroy your device.

#36 2023-05-13 20:34:32

Camavinga

Lanistergame2;8025 wrote:
Camavinga;8009 wrote:
thrive;7967 wrote:

People need to be seriously careful when clicking on websites or links. The can contain bugs or viruses which are created to spy on you and destroy your device.

At this point and stage of our lives whoever falls fit any cheap scam or invite bugs into their system should not be pitied. Because they brought it to themselves

#37 2023-05-13 20:49:51

Detroit

Camavinga;8309 wrote:
Camavinga;8009 wrote:

At this point and stage of our lives whoever falls fit any cheap scam or invite bugs into their system should not be pitied. Because they brought it to themselves

You can't blame them.  These people devise new ways to take away people's belongings. When you feel or think you have mastered them they change their strategies.

#38 2023-05-14 23:16:20

thrive

Camavinga;8309 wrote:
Camavinga;8009 wrote:

Hmm. I believe you make this statement because you're never a victim of online theft because their attack on the user are strategically created so that even a smart person can easily be a victim of them.

#39 2023-05-14 23:20:15

oba

thrive;8467 wrote:
Camavinga;8309 wrote:

Hmm. I believe you make this statement because you're never a victim of online theft because their attack on the user are strategically created so that even a smart person can easily be a victim of them.

No matter how systematically and strategically the online theft is used. I think is it unfair not to pity anyone that's a victim of online theft because they always come up with new concepts to steal from people and people may not be well informed

#40 2023-05-14 23:25:17

IyaJJJ

Detroit;8313 wrote:
Camavinga;8309 wrote:

You can't blame them.  These people devise new ways to take away people's belongings. When you feel or think you have mastered them they change their strategies.

Yes, we can't blame them and it's nice to have some sort of pity for them because in the internet space no one is ever smart. Besides, every one of us is going to make a human error at some point no matter how careful and smart we're.

#41 2023-05-23 09:38:40

Comrade

IyaJJJ;8469 wrote:
Detroit;8313 wrote:
Camavinga;8309 wrote:

At this Point and stage of our lives whoever falls fit any cheap scam or invite bugs into their system should not be pitied. Because they brought it to themselves

Yes, we can't blame them and it's nice to have some sort of pity for them because in the internet space no one is ever smart. Besides, every one of us is going to make a human error at some point no matter how careful and smart we're.

This actual pig buterching technics has over 70% to trick people so easy and it also happens to take a bit more long in other for people to trip more in, whereas the system is just a money rat race with analysing profits.

#42 2023-05-25 04:35:22

Comrade

Detroit;7469 wrote:
thrive;7424 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7398 wrote:

Yeah, that's true there mate. But how many people are aware of all these informations? Many people do not know a lot of all these stuff including so-called cryptocurrency users.

It obvious that most of this people are attracted by those content flying around their browser when actually its just an honeybee make up content that will loot out the information out of their server

#43 2023-05-27 19:59:03

Detroit

The ability to bypass organizations is one of the key selling points for cryptocurrencies. They don’t rely on governments and institutions changing policies or determinations. They operate based on math, and people can transact freely without censorship or judgment.

#44 2023-05-28 20:36:14

Camavinga

The advantages of cryptocurrencies include cheaper and faster money transfers and decentralized systems that do not collapse at a single point of failure. The disadvantages of cryptocurrencies include their price volatility, high energy consumption for mining activities, and use in criminal activities.

#45 2023-05-29 19:37:30

Detroit

If you are considering investing in cryptocurrencies, you should know that each has a unique mix of benefits and drawbacks. If the value goes down, there's no guarantee that it will rise again. Nothing about cryptocurrencies makes them a foolproof investment. Just like with another commodity.

#46 2023-05-29 19:40:16

CrytoCynthia

Detroit;10688 wrote:

If you are considering investing in cryptocurrencies, you should know that each has a unique mix of benefits and drawbacks. If the value goes down, there's no guarantee that it will rise again. Nothing about cryptocurrencies makes them a foolproof investment. Just like with another commodity.

Well in my opinion of you are considering to invest in cryptocurrency always understand that there are risk to it you may probably lose your money or you may make good profit from it.

#47 2023-05-29 19:47:24

Camavinga

Trading generates gains or losses every time you buy, sell, or even exchange virtual currencies because the IRS treats crypto as property.

#48 2023-05-30 01:49:17

full

Camavinga;10507 wrote:

The advantages of cryptocurrencies include cheaper and faster money transfers and decentralized systems that do not collapse at a single point of failure. The disadvantages of cryptocurrencies include their price volatility, high energy consumption for mining activities, and use in criminal activities.

About the disadvantage of cryptocurrency. It is not every crypto mining that involves high energy consumption and for the record Crypton coin mining doesn't consume much energy.

#49 2023-05-30 16:41:25

Lanistergame2

Camavinga;10507 wrote:

and use in criminal activities.

This is not a disadvantage of crypto but a reality in the financial world. If we attach value to anything, fiat, gift cards, properties, shares, it would be used for criminal activities. This does not fault the product but shows that it has some value.

#50 2023-05-30 17:26:08

Detroit

Lanistergame2;10844 wrote:
Camavinga;10507 wrote:

and use in criminal activities.

This is not a disadvantage of crypto but a reality in the financial world. If we attach value to anything, fiat, gift cards, properties, shares, it would be used for criminal activities. This does not fault the product but shows that it has some value.

Everything in life has its advantages and disadvantages, it all depends on the different issues. Cryptocurrency has it's own disadvantages.

Board footer