uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-30 05:07:21

Lanistergame2

Be Privacy conscious; Protect your data

Platforms like Utopia highlight the importance of Privacy.

Privacy is very much overlooked in today's society with the constant desire to overshare information with strangers on the internet. Some people have so many details just lying around in their online trail, such as their address, work-place, family, regular destinations, daily routine etc.

This is because the value of data is not perceived by most. They feel that since they are not celebrities or public figures, they do not need to bother about what they reveal, but that is far from the truth.
Data is a sort of digital gold with every industry and wealthy personality wanting a share of the pie. And the internet is being used to harvest more and more data about its visitors, data which could later on be sold or used for targeted ads.

You cannot guarantee if your data is being used maliciously, protect it, cause once privacy is lost, it can never be recovered.

#2 2023-04-04 06:41:14

Camavinga

Re: Be Privacy conscious; Protect your data

Great post. And i hope everyone reads it and understands that they should keep some of their data private. Privacy gives you freedom, nobody can trace you, nobody can trace any address to your indentity. This is why i love the utopia ecosystem, fully decentralized and private, none of your data is required to be part of it, none of your data is stored on their platform, so nothing can be leaked.

#3 2023-04-04 17:46:12

Detroit

Lanistergame2;6641 wrote:

Privacy is very much overlooked in today's society with the constant desire to overshare information with strangers on the internet. Some people have so many details just lying around in their online trail, such as their address, work-place, family, regular destinations, daily routine etc.

This is because the value of data is not perceived by most. They feel that since they are not celebrities or public figures, they do not need to bother about what they reveal, but that is far from the truth.
Data is a sort of digital gold with every industry and wealthy personality wanting a share of the pie. And the internet is being used to harvest more and more data about its visitors, data which could later on be sold or used for targeted ads.

You cannot guarantee if your data is being used maliciously, protect it, cause once privacy is lost, it can never be recovered.

First of all, I'll like to thank you specially for taking out the time to put this out there for everyone to read and learn from.
Privacy in our today's society is underrated just kike you said. Some come up with the phrase "What are you protecting?"  many platforms steal data from us each we visit them. A primary example is Google, I don't want to go down to TikTok and the rest of them out there. We seriously need to be conscious of the kind of things we give permission to over the Internet.

#4 2023-04-05 06:05:36

Camavinga

Detroit;6713 wrote:

Privacy in our today's society is underrated just kike you said. Some come up with the phrase "What are you protecting?"  many platforms steal data from us each we visit them. A primary example is Google, I don't want to go down to TikTok and the rest of them out there. We seriously need to be conscious of the kind of things we give permission to over the Internet.

So many people do not know how important their privacy is, so many of them do not even know that a decentralized ecosystem and privacy oriented one like Utopia even exists, they are not looking to hide their privacy, they do not care. And in some of this platforms that steal our data, that is where scammers can be found the most, these platforms like google do not filter ads, making scammers more dangerous.

#5 2023-04-05 10:52:06

Lanistergame2

Camavinga;6675 wrote:

And i hope everyone reads it and understands that they should keep some of their data private. Privacy gives you freedom, nobody can trace you, nobody can trace any address to your indentity. This is why i love the utopia ecosystem, fully decentralized and private, none of your data is required to be part of it, none of your data is stored on their platform, so nothing can be leaked.

I hope so too. Everyone cannot read this one post, but if we keep spreading the importance of privacy and anonymity more people would become aware and try to protect it. And more people would use Utopia.

Detroit;6713 wrote:

many platforms steal data from us each we visit them. A primary example is Google, I don't want to go down to TikTok and the rest of them out there. We seriously need to be conscious of the kind of things we give permission to over the Internet.

It is a losing battle when it comes to fighting privacy cause almost every app, website, search engine, wants to steal your data.

#6 2023-04-05 12:30:26

full

Detroit;6713 wrote:

First of all, I'll like to thank you specially for taking out the time to put this out there for everyone to read and learn from.

Could you believe those you are making the statement "What are you protecting" Since you're not into illicit activities are the exact person that wants ChatGPT to be banned because it may leak some classified information in the future.

#7 2023-04-05 12:37:47

Lanistergame2

full;6814 wrote:

Could you believe those you are making the statement "What are you protecting" Since you're not into illicit activities are the exact person that wants ChatGPT to be banned because it may leak some classified information in the future.

People consider perceived threat based on how it is marketed to them. The media can make it possible for people to feel threatened by one activity while another seems totally innocuous to them.

For many, as long as there is a padlock symbol at the top of the website they consider it safe and their details to be safe on it or not stolen by it.

#8 2023-04-05 12:46:30

full

Lanistergame2;6815 wrote:
full;6814 wrote:

People consider perceived threat based on how it is marketed to them. The media can make it possible for people to feel threatened by one activity while another seems totally innocuous to them.

For many, as long as there is a padlock symbol at the top of the website they consider it safe and their details to be safe on it or not stolen by it.

Footing what I have seen as ChatGPT marketing is considered, there's nothing bad about it and it is never up to the level of filing for artificial intelligence to be banned. Unless the strategy of banning it was pulled by the people that see it as a thread to their business and earning.

#9 2023-04-05 13:10:37

Lanistergame2

full;6817 wrote:

Footing what I have seen as ChatGPT marketing is considered, there's nothing bad about it and it is never up to the level of filing for artificial intelligence to be banned. Unless the strategy of banning it was pulled by the people that see it as a thread to their business and earning.

There is a full on campaign against Artificial Intelligence and its impact on society with calls from different associations for its activities to be halted for fear of what it could possibly result in.

This could be what led to the ChatGPT saga as it is an A.I based platform.

#10 2023-04-05 15:21:57

full

Lanistergame2;6818 wrote:
full;6817 wrote:

There is a full on campaign against Artificial Intelligence and its impact on society with calls from different associations for its activities to be halted for fear of what it could possibly result in.

I have never seen any form of campaign against Artificial Intelligence nor did I hear about it until now that you talk about it. What is the possible damage they claim ChatGPT will cause when they launch the campaign?

#11 2023-04-05 18:35:21

Detroit

full;6817 wrote:

That's good to hear that there's actually a campaign against artificial intelligence programs.  This will really help people retain their jobs and also give humanity hope.

#12 2023-04-05 22:51:41

oba

full;6814 wrote:
Detroit;6713 wrote:

You are absolutely correct. What you said here remain of the news i read 10-15 years ago when a billionaire family sue Google for the private information exposed by their search engine.

#13 2023-04-05 22:52:54

thrive

oba;6903 wrote:
full;6814 wrote:
Detroit;6713 wrote:

You are absolutely correct. What you said here remain of the news i read 10-15 years ago when a billionaire family sue Google for the private information exposed by their search engine.

I hope the internet user of this 21 century will learn from the previous mistake made by a wealthy family like this.
After the family sue Google, did they win the case? After blaming the search engine company for their own unconscious habit that exposes their family's private information.

#14 2023-04-05 22:54:04

IyaJJJ

full;6817 wrote:

People are full of surprises so just because of their own impression they want the owner of ChatGPT to shut down a billion dollars project? If I am the owner of the project the government will have to pay some billion dollars before I will shut it down.

#15 2023-04-05 22:55:11

joanna

full;6817 wrote:

If the campaign against Artificial Intelligence supported by influencers? Wait, if Artificial Intelligence is banned then Elon Musk's project for installing in the brain an Ai chip that will provide vision for people who are blind or born blind will be banned either.

#16 2023-04-05 22:55:47

level

joanna;6906 wrote:
full;6817 wrote:

If the campaign against Artificial Intelligence supported by influencers? Wait, if Artificial Intelligence is banned then Elon Musk's project for installing in the brain an Ai chip that will provide vision for people who are blind or born blind will be banned either.

I think the major reason for this campaign is fear of some humans about how Artificial Intelligence will change working activities and a lot of people will lose their job while the billionaire in charge of the Artificial Intelligence company will get richer.

#17 2023-04-06 05:41:09

Camavinga

Detroit;6833 wrote:

That's good to hear that there's actually a campaign against artificial intelligence programs.  This will really help people retain their jobs and also give humanity hope.

With the way things are moving, Artificial intelligence is ready to take people’s jobs and make them jobless, for a very long time people have been complaining about the development of AI and how it can negatively affect society. I am not sure if AI can projects can be stopped, but they should be limited.

#18 2023-04-06 11:31:10

Lanistergame2

Detroit;6833 wrote:

That's good to hear that there's actually a campaign against artificial intelligence programs. This will really help people retain their jobs and also give humanity hope.

This is an ethical dilemma, and I am on the side of technology. The possibilities with AI is astronomical and can herald a new civilization with newer, faster, safer ways of doing things.

It would revolutionize health care and procedures which were though impossible would be done with a high chance of success. It would change the building and industry niche and humans would advance in leaps and bounds.

I would take this over the alternative.

#19 2023-04-06 19:54:57

Detroit

Lanistergame2;6951 wrote:
Detroit;6833 wrote:

That's good to hear that there's actually a campaign against artificial intelligence programs. This will really help people retain their jobs and also give humanity hope.

This is an ethical dilemma, and I am on the side of technology. The possibilities with AI is astronomical and can herald a new civilization with newer, faster, safer ways of doing things.

It would revolutionize health care and procedures which were though impossible would be done with a high chance of success. It would change the building and industry niche and humans would advance in leaps and bounds.

I would take this over the alternative.

I totally understood you,  but if you are going with that, my question is can the artificial intelligence gives us that human connection While treating us at the hospital? Also, those who were replaced by the AIs how do they get a new job since their jobs gas been given tia machine?

#20 2023-04-07 05:29:35

Camavinga

You do not have to be a criminal to want privacy, i was having a discussion with my friends the other day, and one of them says he does not hide anything on the internet because he is not a money launderer, i know some people here think like that, but you don’t have to be a fraudster to want privacy, it is something that helps keep traces of you away from the internet and gives you general safety.

#21 2023-04-07 16:04:15

oba

Camavinga;7072 wrote:

You do not have to be a criminal to want privacy, i was having a discussion with my friends the other day, and one of them says he does not hide anything on the internet because he is not a money launderer, i know some people here think like that, but you don’t have to be a fraudster to want privacy, it is something that helps keep traces of you away from the internet and gives you general safety.

In this 21st century and the news we are hearing about hackers and scammers tricking cryptocurrency enthusiasts. I believe every crypto investor that said he didn't need privacy since he's not a money launderer didn't worth being in this cryptocurrency market because they will soon be a victim of a scammer or hacker.

#22 2023-04-07 18:10:32

Detroit

oba;7111 wrote:
Camavinga;7072 wrote:

In this 21st century and the news we are hearing about hackers and scammers tricking cryptocurrency enthusiasts. I believe every crypto investor that said he didn't need privacy since he's not a money launderer didn't worth being in this cryptocurrency market because they will soon be a victim of a scammer or hacker.

Hackers that are scammers are going to any level to achieve success in the scanning business. They learn new tricks every minute of the day. I've imagined if one day they could hack the block chain, I guess that would be the end of the world.

#23 2023-04-08 19:41:54

Lanistergame2

Detroit;6980 wrote:

I totally understood you, but if you are going with that, my question is can the artificial intelligence gives us that human connection While treating us at the hospital? Also, those who were replaced by the AIs how do they get a new job since their jobs gas been given tia machine?

An AI powered universe would adjust itself. Everyone sees it that there would be no jobs and focus on that side of it, but it is a technology that would take years to mature taking small steps as the years go by. This means that the world would have a lot of time to adjust to the changes.

We are humans after-all and would always find ways to thrive in the world we create.

#24 2023-05-01 15:56:16

CrytoCynthia

I read an article that says hosting one’s website on Utopia p2p can protect your website and actually protect your identity too, I don’t know how true this is ?

#25 2023-05-01 18:29:44

Kelechi

CrytoCynthia;7258 wrote:

I read an article that says hosting one’s website on Utopia p2p can protect your website and actually protect your identity too, I don’t know how true this is ?

Yes mate anything that is hosted on Utopiap2p definitely would have such utilities for it's enjoyment that's why it's a smart decision to actually do so .

Board footer