uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#26 2023-05-01 20:15:30

thrive

Re: Be Privacy conscious; Protect your data

CrytoCynthia;7258 wrote:

I read an article that says hosting one’s website on Utopia p2p can protect your website and actually protect your identity too, I don’t know how true this is ?

That's correct and it's all because Utopia is a one-of-a-kind environment created particularly to guarantee communication privacy and personal data protection. Hosting a website on the Utopia network is what LocalMonero, AgoraDesk, and TradeOgre did.

#27 2023-05-01 20:30:43

IyaJJJ

Kelechi;7287 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;7258 wrote:

I read an article that says hosting one’s website on Utopia p2p can protect your website and actually protect your identity too, I don’t know how true this is ?

Yes mate anything that is hosted on Utopiap2p definitely would have such utilities for it's enjoyment that's why it's a smart decision to actually do so .

The smart decision aspect of host a website on the UtopiaP2P network is that the website will be a means to avoid restriction, sanction, manipulation by the government and the website will be eternal.

#28 2023-05-01 20:36:43

oba

IyaJJJ;7301 wrote:
Kelechi;7287 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;7258 wrote:

Yes mate anything that is hosted on Utopiap2p definitely would have such utilities for it's enjoyment that's why it's a smart decision to actually do so .

The smart decision aspect of host a website on the UtopiaP2P network is that the website will be a means to avoid restriction, sanction, manipulation by the government and the website will be eternal.

One of the advantages of hosting a website on Utopia is that the website will be available within Utopia, gaining access to millions of like-minded Utopia users while keeping the real hosting location hidden, preserving their secrecy.

#29 2023-05-02 00:07:17

joanna

In case we have some users among us that's having a problem or don't know how to host a website on the UtopiaP2P network. Here is a Youtube tutorial video that provides the best guideline on how to do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-7x1tJvZhk

#30 2023-05-02 19:03:04

Detroit

oba;7302 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7301 wrote:
Kelechi;7287 wrote:

One of the advantages of hosting a website on Utopia is that the website will be available within Utopia, gaining access to millions of like-minded Utopia users while keeping the real hosting location hidden, preserving their secrecy.

What kind of website do they host? Hosting a website is a bit more technical than what utopia is preventing it to be. So does utopia also own the domain of your website?

#31 2023-05-03 19:06:24

oba

Detroit;7390 wrote:
oba;7302 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7301 wrote:

What kind of website do they host? Hosting a website is a bit more technical than what utopia is preventing it to be. So does utopia also own the domain of your website?

Any clearnet website can host on the UtopiaP2P network and yes hosting a website on Utopia is some technical but easy to execute and the above is enough to use as a guide.

#32 2023-05-03 21:46:04

Dozie

oba;7497 wrote:
Detroit;7390 wrote:
oba;7302 wrote:

Any clearnet website can host on the UtopiaP2P network and yes hosting a website on Utopia is some technical but easy to execute and the above is enough to use as a guide.

What of if I want security on my social media platform how can I host my social media accounts on Utopia p2p?

#33 2023-05-03 22:20:04

IyaJJJ

Detroit;7390 wrote:

So does utopia also own the domain of your website?

I don't understand what you mean here but the whole concept of hosting a website on the UtopiaP2P network is to create a mirror of your website on the Utopia network to enjoy privacy and other benefit.

#34 2023-05-03 22:20:48

level

IyaJJJ;7537 wrote:
Detroit;7390 wrote:

I don't understand what you mean here but the whole concept of hosting a website on the UtopiaP2P network is to create a mirror of your website on the Utopia network to enjoy privacy and other benefit.

In addition what was said. DNS is centralized and censorship. The chance of the Domains can be revoked or suspended is huge and by mirroring the website on the Utopia network there's no problem.

#35 2023-05-03 22:21:50

full

level;7539 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7537 wrote:
Detroit;7390 wrote:

In addition what was said. DNS is centralized and censorship. The chance of the Domains can be revoked or suspended is huge and by mirroring the website on the Utopia network there's no problem.

Meanwhile, there is no problem because everything you have on the UtopiaP2P ecosystem network is eternal and can never be confiscated or manipulated by government actions and so on.

#36 2023-05-03 22:22:57

joanna

full;7541 wrote:
level;7539 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7537 wrote:

Meanwhile, there is no problem because everything you have on the UtopiaP2P ecosystem network is eternal and can never be confiscated or manipulated by government actions and so on.

Apart from the benefit of privacy, due to multiple reasons, such as register policies, renewal fees, suspensions, revocation law, etc. I believe it is nice to host one's website on the Utopia network.

#37 2023-05-04 21:51:31

Camavinga

full;7541 wrote:
level;7539 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7537 wrote:

This also gives you as an individual full autonomy and privacy to do whatever you want without being monitored or censored. This also gives full control over your website.

#38 2023-05-06 19:13:58

Camavinga

Dozie;7512 wrote:
oba;7497 wrote:
Detroit;7390 wrote:

What if I want security on my social media platform how can I host my social media accounts on Utopia p2p?

Why do you need to host your social media platform on the utopia p2p network? I think the system is just meant to be used to hold your websites.

#39 2023-05-06 19:17:26

KingCRP

With so much dangers on the internet it’s not safe to just be secured you have to be doubly secured, don’t ever compromise on your safety on the internet.

#40 2023-05-06 19:23:29

Camavinga

KingCRP;7873 wrote:

With so much dangers on the internet it’s not safe to just be secured you have to be doubly secured, don’t ever compromise on your safety on the internet.

I think if everyone can abide by the simple task of privacy and anonymity everyone will be safe.  You don't need to be head bent to understand them.

#41 2023-05-06 20:05:25

Lanistergame2

Camavinga;7876 wrote:
KingCRP;7873 wrote:

I think if everyone can abide by the simple task of privacy and anonymity everyone will be safe.  You don't need to be head bent to understand them.

I disagree here.  You definitely have to understand something before you obey or abide by it.  privacy and anonymity are something you should understand before you embark on it.

#42 2023-05-06 20:21:58

Kelechi

Lanistergame2;7897 wrote:
Camavinga;7876 wrote:
KingCRP;7873 wrote:

I disagree here.  You definitely have to understand something before you obey or abide by it.  privacy and anonymity are something you should understand before you embark on it.

Well the point of the creation of Utopia p2p is freedom and privacy, if you aren't cool with those type of stuff you don't need to be on the ecosystem.

#43 2023-05-06 22:51:50

thrive

KingCRP;7873 wrote:

I like what you just said here, buddy. How can we double secure ourselves online? I'm curious to know what you really when you double secure because online security is not about doing you know but doing what's right.

#44 2023-05-06 23:13:47

full

Camavinga;7876 wrote:
KingCRP;7873 wrote:

First privacy and anonymity are like siblings. If you mention the name of one, you have technically mentioned the two at the same time.
Having said, it is good to understand something before using it.

#45 2023-05-06 23:18:08

joanna

full;7958 wrote:
Camavinga;7876 wrote:

First privacy and anonymity are like siblings. If you mention the name of one, you have technically mentioned the two at the same time.

Knowledge is power they say, the same thing goes to everyone that's into cryptocurrency. If anyone wants to go far in the crypto market such a person needs adequate understanding.

#46 2023-05-06 23:21:47

IyaJJJ

joanna;7959 wrote:
full;7958 wrote:

Knowledge is power they say, the same thing goes to everyone that's into cryptocurrency. If anyone wants to go far in the crypto market such a person needs adequate understanding.

This reminds me of when I joined the cryptocurrency market when I don't have the rightful understanding and knowledge. I get involved in several investment scam schemes which hurt cause the crypto I lose then now worth something big.

#47 2023-05-07 18:12:16

Detroit

IyaJJJ;7960 wrote:
joanna;7959 wrote:
full;7958 wrote:

This reminds me of when I joined the cryptocurrency market when I don't have the rightful understanding and knowledge. I get involved in several investment scam schemes which hurt cause the crypto I lose then now worth something big.

Many young cryptocurrency users fall into this type of trap.  Because they don't know anything about the business and the willingness to explore can cost you a lot.

#48 2023-05-07 18:35:15

Camavinga

Any individual can fall into any trap or scam in cryptocurrency. It is just a matter of time.  Also, you need to be very careful.  I have seen someone who has been in cryptocurrency for a very long time who fell for a very cheap scam.

#49 2023-05-07 18:43:23

KingCRP

Camavinga;7997 wrote:

Any individual can fall into any trap or scam in cryptocurrency. It is just a matter of time.  Also, you need to be very careful.  I have seen someone who has been in cryptocurrency for a very long time who fell for a very cheap scam.

To be safe in cryptocurrency is not complicated all you have to do is don’t be greedy, avoid things that can cause your device harm and protect yourself at all time.

#50 2023-05-07 19:23:09

Lanistergame2

KingCRP;8001 wrote:
Camavinga;7997 wrote:

To be safe in cryptocurrency is not complicated all you have to do is don’t be greedy, avoid things that can cause your device harm and protect yourself at all time.

You are also right. Greed sometimes can get the better part of an individual. Though sometimes greed is good because it makes you strive hard to get more out of life but excess of it is deadly.

Board footer