uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-05-06 21:58:44

thrive

To overcome malicious threats

I've written a lot about threat actors attacking people and how they can harm the cryptocurrency market, but today I want to talk about how to stop threats from evildoers.
1. System updates and patches should be applied on a regular basis in order to prevent known vulnerabilities from being exploited.
2. Use advanced internet security: Make use of security tools that can track network activity and spot any unusual behavior that might point to a security threat.
3. Never click a link from an unreliable source.

#2 2023-05-06 22:00:41

IyaJJJ

Re: To overcome malicious threats

thrive;7932 wrote:

I've written a lot about threat actors attacking people and how they can harm the cryptocurrency market, but today I want to talk about how to stop threats from evildoers.
1. System updates and patches should be applied on a regular basis in order to prevent known vulnerabilities from being exploited.
2. Use advanced internet security: Make use of security tools that can track network activity and spot any unusual behavior that might point to a security threat.
3. Never click a link from an unreliable source.

To help prevent, detect, and respond to security threats, I think internet security organizations need to create a thorough cybersecurity plan that includes a variety of measures.

#3 2023-05-06 22:03:44

full

I believe it is beneficial to regularly be aware of the dangers of cyberattacks, how to spot threats, and how to react in the event of an attack.

#4 2023-05-06 22:10:55

IyaJJJ

full;7934 wrote:

I believe it is beneficial to regularly be aware of the dangers of cyberattacks, how to spot threats, and how to react in the event of an attack.

One strategy to respond to an attack is to practice using two-factor or multi-factor authentication since they add an extra degree of security when it comes to gaining access to sensitive systems and data.

#5 2023-05-06 22:12:48

joanna

IyaJJJ;7938 wrote:
full;7934 wrote:

One strategy to respond to an attack is to practice using two-factor or multi-factor authentication since they add an extra degree of security when it comes to gaining access to sensitive systems and data.

Setting the system/computer wall security and the use of good internet security that offer advanced threat detection and response capabilities.

#6 2023-05-06 22:13:48

thrive

The fact that no security mechanism can completely guard against cybersecurity attacks should be noted. Consequently, a multi-layered strategy that includes a variety of security technologies and tactics is crucial.

#7 2023-05-06 22:17:09

joanna

thrive;7942 wrote:

The fact that no security mechanism can completely guard against cybersecurity attacks should be noted. Consequently, a multi-layered strategy that includes a variety of security technologies and tactics is crucial.

I supported what you said and I think making use of all the strategies provided by myself and the rest of you will be a good idea to get the right security.

#8 2023-05-06 22:24:37

full

joanna;7943 wrote:
thrive;7942 wrote:

I supported what you said and I think making use of all the strategies provided by myself and the rest of you will be a good idea to get the right security.

If that's the case then I think Malwarebytes should be added to the list since it is an anti-malware software for Microsoft Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, Android, and iOS that finds and removes malware.

#9 2023-05-06 22:32:46

joanna

full;7944 wrote:
joanna;7943 wrote:
thrive;7942 wrote:

If that's the case then I think Malwarebytes should be added to the list since it is an anti-malware software for Microsoft Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, Android, and iOS that finds and removes malware.

Hmm, you are absolutely correct about that and i believe it is important to not use a free of all this software in order to get the best result.

#10 2023-05-07 18:57:41

Camavinga

thrive;7942 wrote:

This now narrows it down to self-care and protection. As an individual, your safety and protection all lie in your hand. A single move can save you or destroy you.

#11 2023-05-09 04:14:00

full

joanna;7948 wrote:
full;7944 wrote:
joanna;7943 wrote:

Hmm, you are absolutely correct about that and i believe it is important to not use free of all this software in order to get the best result.

Yes, the best way to the best result, as online activity is concerned, is to use the best equipment, and must be paid equipment because free types are always pruned to limited results.

#12 2023-05-11 20:57:27

CrytoCynthia

Camavinga;8008 wrote:
thrive;7942 wrote:

This now narrows it down to self-care and protection. As an individual, your safety and protection all lie in your hand. A single move can save you or destroy you.

Yes this has always been the issue. Many people Alway leave their protection to exchanges, project and so on and they actually never pay good attention to details.

#13 2023-05-11 21:44:19

KingCRP

It actually depends on the form in which the malicious threat was sent out. If it’s was via finishing tool or malware it’s been to just ignore them.

#14 2023-05-13 14:14:11

Detroit

KingCRP;8224 wrote:

It actually depends on the form in which the malicious threat was sent out. If it’s was via finishing tool or malware it’s been to just ignore them.

Yeah,  I completely agree with you.  It comes in different firms which can be scary because you do not know when  you will get malware in to your device.

#15 2023-05-15 23:16:08

level

KingCRP;8224 wrote:

The steps I am sure we can take to help protect ourselves from malware attacks is the use paid antivirus and anti-malware software and keep it updated to help protect against known threats.

#16 2023-05-15 23:20:37

full

level;8603 wrote:
KingCRP;8224 wrote:

The steps I am sure we can take to help protect ourselves from malware attacks is the use paid antivirus and anti-malware software and keep it updated to help protect against known threats.

After the use of antivirus and anti-malware software. We also need to keep our operating system, and all software programs up-to-date with the latest security patches to provide some advanced security.

#17 2023-05-15 23:26:10

level

full;8604 wrote:
level;8603 wrote:
KingCRP;8224 wrote:

After the use of antivirus and anti-malware software. We also need to keep our operating system, and all software programs up-to-date with the latest security patches to provide some advanced security.

Nevertheless, there's still the need to be cautious of suspicious links or attachments. My advise is do not click links or download attachments from sources you don't trust or link you never confirm from contact you truested. Even if the email or message appears to be coming from a friend or trusted source, it could be a spoofed message or email.

#18 2023-05-15 23:29:19

full

level;8605 wrote:
full;8604 wrote:
level;8603 wrote:

Nevertheless, there's still the need to be cautious of suspicious links or attachments. My advise is do not click links or download attachments from sources you don't trust or link you never confirm from contact you truested. Even if the email or message appears to be coming from a friend or trusted source, it could be a spoofed message or email.

Another tip is the use of strong and unique passwords with the inclusion of two-factor authentication (2FA) to make it more difficult for attackers to gain access to accounts.

#19 2023-05-15 23:34:00

level

full;8606 wrote:
level;8605 wrote:
full;8604 wrote:

Another tip is the use of strong and unique passwords with the inclusion of two-factor authentication (2FA) to make it more difficult for attackers to gain access to accounts.

Something that I believe somehow relates to it is, avoiding the use of public Wi-Fi because some public Wi-Fi networks are not secure, and some attackers use the public these networks to intercept and steal data.

#20 2023-05-15 23:36:38

full

level;8607 wrote:
full;8606 wrote:
level;8605 wrote:

Something that I believe somehow relates to it is, avoiding the use of public Wi-Fi because some public Wi-Fi networks are not secure, and some attackers use the public these networks to intercept and steal data.

Meanwhile, caution is needed to be exercised when downloading software online, especially on the Google Play Store and it is better to download software from reputable sources, such as the official websites of the software publisher.

#21 2023-05-16 15:39:09

Kelechi

full;8608 wrote:
level;8607 wrote:
full;8606 wrote:

Meanwhile, caution is needed to be exercised when downloading software online, especially on the Google Play Store and it is better to download software from reputable sources, such as the official websites of the software publisher.

This is very important but also one way to avoid such things is make sure you use different devices, try to dedicate one device for your crypto saving and it's best to keep it off line.

#22 2023-05-16 18:31:00

Detroit

Kelechi;8620 wrote:
full;8608 wrote:
level;8607 wrote:

This is very important but also one way to avoid such things is make sure you use different devices, try to dedicate one device for your crypto saving and it's best to keep it off line.

This really helps a lot. As someone who is invested in cryptocurrencies, you should always separate your devices. That is work device and a personal device.

#23 2023-05-16 21:15:42

IyaJJJ

Kelechi;8620 wrote:
full;8608 wrote:
level;8607 wrote:

You have a point about this but this is only of you're going to use the device as cold storage and instead of that it's better to get a hardware wallet because the mobile phone is never good for storing cryptocurrency.

#24 2023-05-16 21:45:51

Dozie

How can one effectively avoid malicious threat especially when you are on the internet frequently? I doubt if this is even possible because there are threat everywhere on the internet.

#25 2023-05-16 22:06:36

KAMSI_UG

Dozie;8693 wrote:

How can one effectively avoid malicious threat especially when you are on the internet frequently? I doubt if this is even possible because there are threat everywhere on the internet.

There is no effective way of completely protecting yourself from such all you can do is limit your exposure and make sure that you has additional protections.

Board footer