Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#76 2023-05-30 22:39:46

oba

Re: To overcome malicious threats

Dozie;10901 wrote:
crpuusd;10900 wrote:
JONSNOWING;10874 wrote:

A lot to learn from this forum, I only thought this was linked to clicking on links and inputing ones private data to unknown sources. Thanks mate for this idea, I believe it’s in all our hands to protect our personal data and the forum from any form of threat

Illiteracy is one of the benefiting factors that enrich scammers and hackers. If you fail to learn your basic rules you are bound to face the consequences of your ignorance.

Yes you are right illiteracy is what scammers feed on but they also feed on greed yes the scammers out there can't do anything if they don't Sense greed.

Greed is what scammers actually feed on the most. If someone is illiterate and not greedy it is still easy for such a person to escape the scammer strategy cause it will be easy for him to understand that nothing good comes easily.

#77 2023-05-30 22:41:39

thrive

oba;10990 wrote:
Dozie;10901 wrote:
crpuusd;10900 wrote:

Illiteracy is one of the benefiting factors that enrich scammers and hackers. If you fail to learn your basic rules you are bound to face the consequences of your ignorance.

Yes you are right illiteracy is what scammers feed on but they also feed on greed yes the scammers out there can't do anything if they don't Sense greed.

Greed is what scammers actually feed on the most. If someone is illiterate and not greedy it is still easy for such a person to escape the scammer strategy cause it will be easy for him to understand that nothing good comes easily.

Yes, nothing good comes easily and everything offered by a stranger that seems too good to be true is definitely scam.

#78 2023-05-30 22:50:48

Vastextension

Vastextension;10986 wrote:
JONSNOWING;10874 wrote:

A lot to learn from this forum, I only thought this was linked to clicking on links and inputing ones private data to unknown sources. Thanks mate for this idea, I believe it’s in all our hands to protect our personal data and the forum from any form of threat

You cant protect the forum from any threat buddy and you need to understand how to protect yourself from the thread by following the hints provided by the original poster of the topic.

Camavinga;10866 wrote:

Having competition here keeps the whole arena calm and warm. It is very nice seeing every hand on deck including users and the developers who are currently doing a great job.

Having a competition on this forum may have everybody's hands on deck but I think the competition will not provide the needed result if it is calm as you said.

#79 2023-05-30 22:53:20

level

Vastextension;10994 wrote:
Vastextension;10986 wrote:
JONSNOWING;10874 wrote:

You cant protect the forum from any threat buddy and you need to understand how to protect yourself from the thread by following the hints provided by the original poster of the topic.

Camavinga;10866 wrote:

Having competition here keeps the whole arena calm and warm. It is very nice seeing every hand on deck including users and the developers who are currently doing a great job.

Having a competition on this forum may have everybody's hands on deck but I think the competition will not provide the needed result if it is calm as you said.

I don't support the idea of competition being hosted on this forum. Although the competition may be hosted on the UtopiaP2P client and ask users to report their participation here.

#80 2023-05-31 14:08:29

Lanistergame2

level;10995 wrote:

I don't support the idea of competition being hosted on this forum. Although the competition may be hosted on the UtopiaP2P client and ask users to report their participation here.

I see no reason to take a competition off the forum when it can help boost the forum traffic and attract more users to join the discussion here.

There is a board for contests, competitions and giveaways so it would not be intrusive at all to the general discussions on the forum.

#81 2023-05-31 19:44:24

Detroit

Lanistergame2;11044 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>level;10995 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>I don&#039;t support the idea of competition being hosted on this forum. Although the competition may be hosted on the UtopiaP2P client and ask users to report their participation here.</p></div></blockquote></div><p>I see no reason to take a competition off the forum when it can help boost the forum traffic and attract more users to join the discussion here.</p><p>There is a board for contests, competitions, and giveaways so it would not be intrusive at all to the general discussions on the forum.</p>

I strongly agree with you mate. There's no reason for removing the competition here.  As you said,  it will help build up traffic and generate more users here.

#82 2023-05-31 20:00:54

Lanistergame2

Detroit;11120 wrote:

I strongly agree with you mate. There's no reason for removing the competition here. As you said, it will help build up traffic and generate more users here.

We as users of the forum can only suggest to the admin what we think is best, they have the power to make the final decision. You might agree with my suggestion and the dev does not. Does not matter much for me cause wherever the competition is hosted, I would do well to apply and have a fun time with it

#83 2023-06-01 18:13:00

Detroit

Lanistergame2;11131 wrote:
Detroit;11120 wrote:

I strongly agree with you mate. There's no reason for removing the competition here. As you said, it will help build up traffic and generate more users here.

We as users of the forum can only suggest to the admin what we think is best, they have the power to make the final decision. You might agree with my suggestion and the dev does not. Does not matter much for me cause wherever the competition is hosted, I would do well to apply and have a fun time with it

I never disputed their supremacy and have the final say when it comes to this project.  Of cause, they have the final say.  But I also feel that to some extent our opinions affect the final decision to some percentage.

#84 2023-06-01 18:54:14

Camavinga

Investors generally appear to be confident about the opportunities associated with cryptocurrencies and cryptography. The “inherent value” of the underlying technology, discussed above, gives these investors good reason to be optimistic.

#85 2023-06-01 20:42:44

PEACEMAKER

I see no reason to take a competition off the forum when it can help boost the forum traffic and attract more users to join the discussion here.
There is a board for contests, competitions and giveaways so it would not be intrusive at all to the general discussions on the forum.

Same thoughts here mate. The forum community is big enough to host any sort of competition that the admins plan to run.

It just needs enough publicity and juicy prices up for grabs from the competition.

#86 2023-06-01 20:45:16

Dozie

PEACEMAKER;11361 wrote:

Same thoughts here mate. The forum community is big enough to host any sort of competition that the admins plan to run.

It just needs enough publicity and juicy prices up for grabs from the competition.

And also competition and contest can be a tool the administration can use to attract more users to the forum I believe it's very much necessary to actually do it.

#87 2023-06-02 17:27:10

Comrade

Dozie;11362 wrote:
PEACEMAKER;11361 wrote:

And also competition and contest can be a tool the administration can use to attract more users to the forum I believe it's very much necessary to actually do it.

I agree with all your opinion as much as i believe the Utopia p2p  team can actually use a trial in your wise thoughts, its essential to see the CRP move up fast.

#88 2023-06-02 17:31:34

crpuusd

Comrade;11457 wrote:
Dozie;11362 wrote:
PEACEMAKER;11361 wrote:

I agree with all your opinion as much as i believe the Utopia p2p  team can actually use a trial in your wise thoughts, its essential to see the CRP move up fast.

It is applicable for such great thought. And im am mostly concerned about the outside world. The Utopia has been doing a great are relentless work and it will be off more joy if the publicity is considered.

#89 2023-06-02 19:10:49

Camavinga

Perhaps the most direct way to invest in cryptocurrency is to mine it or act as a validator in a crypto network. Cryptocurrency miners and validators earn rewards in crypto, which they can either hold as investments or exchange for another currency.

#90 2023-06-03 20:34:12

crpuusd

Camavinga;11495 wrote:

Perhaps the most direct way to invest in cryptocurrency is to mine it or act as a validator in a crypto network. Cryptocurrency miners and validators earn rewards in crypto, which they can either hold as investments or exchange for another currency.

Just hearing about this. Kindly share more light on the validator

#91 2023-06-04 18:33:11

Comrade

crpuusd;11767 wrote:
Camavinga;11495 wrote:

Perhaps the most direct way to invest in cryptocurrency is to mine it or act as a validator in a crypto network. Cryptocurrency miners and validators earn rewards in crypto, which they can eithe ,cv vvv x r hold as investments or exchangcc v v  v ce for another currency.

Just hearing about this. Kindly share more light on the validator

Well i will like to put through on that....   A validator is a participant in a Proof of Stake (PoS) blockchain network that is responsible for validating new transactions and maintaining the security of the blockchain. Validators do this by staking their crypto to support the network

#92 2023-06-04 19:20:52

Lanistergame2

Camavinga;11495 wrote:

Perhaps the most direct way to invest in cryptocurrency is to mine it or act as a validator in a crypto network.

For me the most direct way to gain exposure to an asset such as a cryptocurrency is by buying directly from an exchange and not mining which requires one to compete to be able to earn more.

Buying is less complex and more certain.

#93 2023-06-04 19:22:43

KingCRP

Lanistergame2;11911 wrote:
Camavinga;11495 wrote:

Perhaps the most direct way to invest in cryptocurrency is to mine it or act as a validator in a crypto network.

For me the most direct way to gain exposure to an asset such as a cryptocurrency is by buying directly from an exchange and not mining which requires one to compete to be able to earn more.

Buying is less complex and more certain.

Well it's nice to be realistic, if you don't have advanced technology you stand no chance trying to get cryptocurrency through mining, as you said buying one is the fastest and easiest way to stack some cryptos.

#94 2023-06-04 19:39:29

PEACEMAKER

A miner and a validator are basically the same thing, miners are responsible for validating or confirming transaction. They can do this through different ways depending on the algorithm being used by their network. This algorithm include PoW, PoS etc

#95 2023-06-04 19:48:44

Dozie

PEACEMAKER;11927 wrote:

A miner and a validator are basically the same thing, miners are responsible for validating or confirming transaction. They can do this through different ways depending on the algorithm being used by their network. This algorithm include PoW, PoS etc

Mining is cool but we should also try to be environmental conscious, the effects of mining has a degree of effects on the ecosystem and that's a big issue now.

#96 2023-06-04 20:05:39

Camavinga

The design of proof-of-work cryptocurrency mining incentivizes miners to ramp up operations as quickly as possible, often irrespective of the source of energy.

#97 2023-06-04 20:06:20

Detroit

Indeed, big mining operations have shown a willingness to invest in otherwise uneconomic power sources, like defunct coal plants or low-capacity gas plants, as long as that electricity can be made available quickly

#98 2023-06-04 20:07:58

Camavinga

process effectively entails millions of computing machines racing to solve a complex, but meaningless, problem. That pays less at the end of the day.

#99 2023-06-04 20:09:39

Detroit

Camavinga;11952 wrote:

<p>process effectively entails millions of computing machines racing to solve a complex, but meaningless, problem. That pays less at the end of the day.</p>

In Bitcoin’s algorithm, for example, the computer or mining machine that successfully solves the problem is rewarded with Bitcoin (and functionally verifies the blockchain). It's worth it if you ask me.

#100 2023-06-04 20:25:03

Kelechi

Camavinga;11952 wrote:

process effectively entails millions of computing machines racing to solve a complex, but meaningless, problem. That pays less at the end of the day.

Are you trying to describe mining? If so then why would you refer to the problem as meaningless. It's also very profitable.

Board footer