uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-05-16 21:53:08

IyaJJJ

According to a study, North Korean cryptocurrency hackers stole $2.3B

2bLIRcj.png
Nikkei reported that Japan has been the nation most severely impacted by North Korean cyberattacks on cryptocurrency platforms and users. The analysis of the losses of cryptocurrency from 2017 to 2022 as a result of hacking and ransomware incidents connected to North Korea was based on a study by Elliptic, a blockchain analytics company.

According to the study, Japan lost $721 million worth of cryptocurrency in these attacks, which was 30% of the overall global loss of more than $2 point 3 billion. The study also showed that Asia was the region that North Korean hackers primarily targeted, with Japan coming in second in terms of losses, followed by Vietnam, Hong Kong, and the United States.

Japan and Vietnam's lax security measures in the crypto sector were cited by Elliptic as the reason for their high vulnerability. According to the report's unnamed sources, between 2018 and 2021 at least three Japanese cryptocurrency exchanges were compromised by hackers. Some of the largest crypto thefts, like the Ronin Bridge and Harmony Bridge exploits, were carried out by North Korea's infamous Lazarus Group. The report also claimed that North Koreans used cryptocurrency mixers and decentralized finance services to smear their NFTs and stolen money.

#2 2023-05-19 16:55:19

Comrade

Re: According to a study, North Korean cryptocurrency hackers stole $2.3B

This group have the highest cybercrime heist and are they not thesame group called the hidden cobra n monikies?

#3 2023-05-19 17:22:41

crpuusd

Yeah ofcus they are also called the APT38. I have known Nothern korea for investing in technology, its just that they prefer not to blow alarm of how rich they are in technology. they've being one of the most advance technology country.

#4 2023-05-19 17:27:40

Dozie

So many hackers are now moving into cryptocurrency more but this should not mean that cryptocurrency is the only place we can get scammers all this is giving cryptocurrency a bad name.

#5 2023-05-19 18:06:12

crpuusd

Dozie;9178 wrote:

So many hackers are now moving into cryptocurrency more but this should not mean that cryptocurrency is the only place we can get scammers all this is giving cryptocurrency a bad name.

I dont think so, cryptocurrency still remains the best fund saver ever. Thats why we all have people  people tripping into it and banks hating on the System smile . The Lazarus group also have history hacking into banks as well, so crypto is not there only target.

#6 2023-05-19 22:00:57

CrytoCynthia

crpuusd;9190 wrote:
Dozie;9178 wrote:

I dont think so, cryptocurrency still remains the best fund saver ever. Thats why we all have people  people tripping into it and banks hating on the System smile . The Lazarus group also have history hacking into banks as well, so crypto is not there only target.

Well I rather save my funds myself than trust it on any centralized system saving your funds in fiat is super risky and I don't advice anyone to do so because it's actually not your funds anymore.

#7 2023-05-20 06:11:44

Comrade

Exactly the facts,even centrslise currency does not appreciate in values and it most likely to get a deduction for maintainance and tax.

#8 2023-05-22 04:24:11

crpuusd

CrytoCynthia;9244 wrote:
crpuusd;9190 wrote:
Dozie;9178 wrote:

Well I rather save my funds myself than trust it on any centralized system saving your funds in fiat is super risky and I don't advice anyone to do so because it's actually not your funds anymore.

You better don't stash your cash around that will result in same position. Well the best is know the value of how safe things might bé invests.

#9 2023-05-22 23:42:15

level

crpuusd;9666 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;9244 wrote:
crpuusd;9190 wrote:

You better don't stash your cash around that will result in same position. Well the best is know the value of how safe things might bé invests.

Not stashing fiat currency or cryptocurrency around is not what's important. What's important is having adequate privacy, security, and decentralization.

#10 2023-05-23 13:14:27

Comrade

level;9829 wrote:
crpuusd;9666 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;9244 wrote:

Not stashing fiat currency or cryptocurrency around is not what's important. What's important is having adequate privacy, security, and decentralization.

Exactly, thats why platform like Utopia p2p ecosystem exist. The best advise is exactly what you said, than people falling victim of derivative platform.

#11 2023-05-27 21:46:54

crpuusd

Comrade;9844 wrote:
level;9829 wrote:
crpuusd;9666 wrote:

Exactly, thats why platform like Utopia p2p ecosystem exist. The best advise is exactly what you said, than people falling victim of derivative platform.

Neglecting the truth and embracing what you it's not right has something to do with your results.

#12 2023-05-27 22:00:17

Europ

crpuusd;10382 wrote:
Comrade;9844 wrote:
level;9829 wrote:

Neglecting the truth and embracing what you it's not right has something to do with your results.

Utopia p2p has enlighten the users and creating awareness  of a secured Crypton coins with the strong UUSD stablecoin.

Board footer