uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-21 08:14:52

Yellowcard

Anonymity of utopia ecosystem

Please tell me, what is the anonymity when using the utopia ecosystem? Does it make sense to use it with a VPN, NordVPN.

Will it be safer than TOR browser?

#2 2021-01-22 11:36:43

Makedonskiy

Re: Anonymity of utopia ecosystem

in my opinion, utopia > TOR

For a TOR, you need to contain a bunch of nodes that can't be anonymous. In the utopia ecosystem, each participant is a node, with such a scheme, you will have to suspect the first person you meet - no one will do this.

#3 2021-01-23 06:49:17

TheMerchant

Yellowcard;188 wrote:

Please tell me, what is the anonymity when using the utopia ecosystem? Does it make sense to use it with a VPN, NordVPN.

The Tor network is vulnerable to exit node attacks because ultimately your traffic has to escape to reach the web. Utopia contains all traffic internally and so the ecosystem is completely protected.

Using a solid VPN (IVPN, Mullvad or ProtonVPN, NOT Nord) helps to protect your home IP from showing up as a peer on the network as well as your traffic from being analyzed by your ISP.

"Honour Above Greed" -TheMerchant

#4 2021-09-22 09:53:47

CleverGUY28

Yellowcard;188 wrote:

VPN is always a must! Better yes than no) And Utopia of course is safer than TOR

#5 2021-09-22 13:37:47

Makedonskiy

CleverGUY28;708 wrote:
Yellowcard;188 wrote:

VPN is always a must! Better yes than no) And Utopia of course is safer than TOR

if you are not using utopia for criminal purposes, it is unlikely that you need a VPN

#6 2021-12-14 18:01:04

Cromanes

Yellowcard;188 wrote:

The Tor network is vulnerable to exit node attacks because ultimately your traffic has to escape to reach the web. Utopia contains all traffic internally and so the ecosystem is completely protected.

Using a solid VPN (IVPN, Mullvad or ProtonVPN, NOT Nord) helps to protect your home IP from showing up as a peer on the network as well as your traffic from being analyzed by your ISP.

No, there are potential hidden problems that lurk in the closed code of utopia, which unfortunately we will never know.

#7 2022-02-13 15:34:50

Gordon

Makedonskiy;732 wrote:

if you are not using utopia for criminal purposes, it is unlikely that you need a VPN

Hi. It is unlikely that even for potential illegal actions, the VPN can somehow help, on the one hand it is a corporate network, which is easy to trace.

#8 2022-02-13 16:21:58

Gordon

Cromanes;1208 wrote:

No, there are potential hidden problems that lurk in the closed code of utopia, which unfortunately we will never know.

Hi. I dare say that your fears are unfounded because the developers will not denigrate their project by sewing you backdoors and other bugs in order to somehow track you and make a business on it. There is just a fear of tapping the ecosystem and taking advantage of critical problems of the messenger and the network itself.

#9 2022-02-14 14:42:31

Cromanes

Gordon;1548 wrote:

Hi. I dare say that your fears are unfounded because the developers will not denigrate their project by sewing you backdoors and other bugs in order to somehow track you and make a business on it. There is just a fear of tapping the ecosystem and taking advantage of critical problems of the messenger and the network itself.

It is unlikely and even kind of strange to expect that you can wait for the developers good and ethereal intentions on the innocence of their project and even blaglami intentions paved the road to hell. To some extent open source would have a deterrent effect so that developers do not distort their opinions.

#10 2023-01-10 19:33:07

CrytoCynthia

One of the greatest Utopia p2p decentralized nature has to be its no Kyc required exchange, this means your very own details are completely secured and safe.

#11 2023-01-11 18:19:55

KAMSI_UG

CrytoCynthia;2742 wrote:

One of the greatest Utopia p2p decentralized nature has to be its no Kyc required exchange, this means your very own details are completely secured and safe.

Well Utopia p2p can be regarded as the king of anonymity it has anonymity implemented in virtually all of its utilities and I think it’s quite impressive how they make this possible.

#12 2023-01-11 18:29:44

Detroit

Utopia p2p anonymity is one of the best privacy platforms I've seen and that's very impressive.

Last edited by Detroit (2023-01-11 18:37:32)

#13 2023-01-11 18:38:01

JONSNOWING

Detroit;2805 wrote:

Utopia p2p animosity is one of the best privacy platforms I've seen and that's very impressive.

Yea mate but Utopia p2p is all that you said but mate Utopia p2p has lots of Utilities which if Utopiap2p utilities do you actually fancy and what is your reason for that.

#14 2023-01-12 05:16:48

Lanistergame2

Makedonskiy;732 wrote:

Besides criminality, there are so many reasons why one would want to stay private. We should stop criminalizing ones desire to not be tracked by the traditional system.

That being said, VPNs provide some level of privacy, but you are invariably trusting them with your information
and how they use it. Many claim not to keep logs, but you have to trust that they do not.

#15 2023-01-13 10:22:43

CrytoCynthia

You can want to stay private for lots of reasons, like character some people actually likes the private life. Some are trying Hard to be cautious and not let their private details get used against them

#16 2023-01-13 15:28:28

thrive

Lanistergame2;2848 wrote:
Makedonskiy;732 wrote:

Besides criminality, there are so many reasons why one would want to stay private. We should stop criminalizing ones desire to not be tracked by the traditional system.

That being said, VPNs provide some level of privacy, but you are invariably trusting them with your information
and how they use it. Many claim not to keep logs, but you have to trust that they do not.

The criminality believe of people when we talk about privacy is the reason why some people don't see privacy as something that's important and it is also the reason why the government hates privacy.
Meanwhile, those who have this belief don't understand that privacy was developed to fight against corruption and injustice on the internet.

#17 2023-01-13 17:22:58

oba

CrytoCynthia;2955 wrote:

You can want to stay private for lots of reasons, like character some people actually likes the private life. Some are trying Hard to be cautious and not let their private details get used against them

That's correct and anonymous/privacy comes into existence when a group of people that want liberation to come together to introduce something that will make their voice heard and they use different methods to express themselves, such as posting messages on social media sites on platforms that can't be taken down or manipulated by the Feds or powerful people, etc. Security and liberation is the major purpose of privacy.

#18 2023-01-14 20:32:21

Kelechi

oba;2978 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;2955 wrote:

That's correct and anonymous/privacy comes into existence when a group of people that want liberation to come together to introduce something that will make their voice heard and they use different methods to express themselves, such as posting messages on social media sites on platforms that can't be taken down or manipulated by the Feds or powerful people, etc. Security and liberation is the major purpose of privacy.

I think decentralization, should be a basic human right, everyone should have the right to privacy protection and security.

#19 2023-01-15 11:23:37

CrytoCynthia

Yellowcard;188 wrote:

I would still say if you have a VPN then you can combine it with the Utopia p2p anonymous nature. Utopia p2p is safe and anonymous but VPN can be able to change your IP location.

#20 2023-01-15 11:49:44

KAMSI_UG

Anonymity is not yet over emphasized we have seen people lose as high as their life when they release private information about themselves on the internet. Utopia p2p protects its community privacy and it is anonymous.

#21 2023-01-15 19:39:54

Lanistergame2

CrytoCynthia;3153 wrote:

I would still say if you have a VPN then you can combine it with the Utopia p2p anonymous nature. Utopia p2p is safe and anonymous but VPN can be able to change your IP location.

VPN is not the best idea as you cannot be sure if the VPN providers keep logs of your data and what they do with that information.

Using a privacy browser like TOR is a much better option than relying on an unverified VPN provider.

#22 2023-01-15 21:10:14

Kelechi

Lanistergame2;3201 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;3153 wrote:

VPN is not the best idea as you cannot be sure if the VPN providers keep logs of your data and what they do with that information.

Using a privacy browser like TOR is a much better option than relying on an unverified VPN provider.

Yes mate some VPN provided can be a spy app and this goes against everything Utopia p2p want to create, a no surveillance, no censorship and no Data leakage.

#23 2023-01-15 21:57:26

oba

Kelechi;3113 wrote:
oba;2978 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;2955 wrote:

I think decentralization, should be a basic human right, everyone should have the right to privacy protection and security.

Privacy and decentralization are basic human rights but some people misunderstand the major benefit and the concept of privacy and decentralization due to some naive people that somehow abuse the concept of privacy and decentralization.

#24 2023-01-15 22:13:38

thrive

Lanistergame2;3201 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;3153 wrote:

Almost all VPN service providers keep the log information of their users and this is the reason why the anonymous/privacy enthusiast develop the Tor browser which is totally secure. However, I don't have any reason in using VPN since we have an Idyll browser.

#25 2023-01-16 11:22:47

KAMSI_UG

Utopia p2p anonymity remains intact, it’s very rare you find a project that is so focused on decentralization that it has practically all of its utilities supporting privacy protection and security.

Board footer