uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-08 14:48:39

Ollester

Is advanced systemcare safe?

Apparently, Advanced System Care is bad for your computer, as are most "PC-Boosting" programs out there. It seems that most programs on AVC are useless as windows has a free, better version that comes installed or the programs are dangerous, like registry cleaner. The people on this site seem to be knowledgable, but I'm trying not to get into the habit of believing the first thing I read, so I'd like the opinions and experiences from more people who are more knowledgable about this stuff than I am. That and the info on the forum is 4 years old, so I don't know how current it is.

- Do you think AVC worth it or is it a scam?

- Is it true that registry cleaners aren't necessary and that they can hurt your computer in the long run?

- Would it be better to just use the programs that come installed on Windows 10 or another free program instead of paying IObit money for AVC?

#2 2021-02-08 16:38:48

lolapolooza

Re: Is advanced systemcare safe?

Advanced SystemCare does a good job of speeding up slow PCs, but it has a number of drawbacks that prevent it from being the best in the ratings.

Benefits:

- Improves computer performance.
- A useful Performance Monitor widget.
- Health Monitor - Provides summary information about the system.
- Has several security features.
- Data recovery.
- Cost.
- Disadvantages:

- Installation restrictions.
- Additional Features - Requires separate downloads and purchases.

I can't say anything bad about the security of this program. just did not come across information about it. but in my opinion it is quite safe.

Last edited by lolapolooza (2021-02-08 16:39:55)

#3 2021-02-09 12:44:00

HanBaoCinch

Re: Is advanced systemcare safe?

All the main programs of this company do not know how to work in a user profile with limited rights, i.e. not included in the group of administrators. Well, or more simply - in order for Advanced SystemCare to work normally, the user working on the computer must be a member of the Administrators group, which is in contradiction with the concept of security

Board footer