Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#151 2023-06-03 23:46:39

IyaJJJ

Re: Beware of crypto recovery services!

thrive;11862 wrote:
full;11861 wrote:
joanna;11860 wrote:

The size of the network supporting a particular cryptocurrency can impact decentralization. A larger network may be more decentralized, as there are more nodes supporting the network.

In some cryptocurrencies, a small number of mining pools may control a large percentage of the mining power, which can limit the overall decentralization of the network.

Some cryptocurrencies' development control may be more centralized, with a smaller set of developers wielding more power than a larger community.

If a cryptocurrency is not widely adopted, it may lack the network effects necessary to sustain decentralization.

#152 2023-06-03 23:47:01

level

IyaJJJ;11863 wrote:
thrive;11862 wrote:
full;11861 wrote:

In some cryptocurrencies, a small number of mining pools may control a large percentage of the mining power, which can limit the overall decentralization of the network.

Some cryptocurrencies' development control may be more centralized, with a smaller set of developers wielding more power than a larger community.

If a cryptocurrency is not widely adopted, it may lack the network effects necessary to sustain decentralization.

As a whole, the success and durability of a cryptocurrency and its decentralized policy are determined by a number of complicated factors, and the balance between decentralization and regulation will shift as the technology and ecosystem grow.

#153 2023-06-04 14:55:42

Comrade

level;11864 wrote:
IyaJJJ;11863 wrote:
thrive;11862 wrote:

As a whole, the success and durability of a cryptocurrency and its decentralized policy are determined by a number of complicated factors, and the balance between decentralization and regulation will shift as the technology and ecosystem grow.

The Utopia p2p ecosystem is known with a  high standards of development, and also its well recognized by all users for it effiency and
And growth in value.

#154 2023-06-04 18:50:28

JONSNOWING

The high privacy features of the Utopia P2P features is enough reason for anyone to want to be part of the forum, and I believe it will continually adjust in developing more features to match the need of its users as time goes on

#155 2023-06-04 19:07:53

Lanistergame2

JONSNOWING;11886 wrote:

The high privacy features of the Utopia P2P features is enough reason for anyone to want to be part of the forum, and I believe it will continually adjust in developing more features to match the need of its users as time goes on

Many of us are here on the forum and in the utopia system because of the privacy feature of the network. It is a stark contrast to the fiat system which i heavily regulated and manipulated.

I am really looking forward to the newer features the system would present.

#156 2023-06-04 19:34:01

PEACEMAKER

JONSNOWING;11886 wrote:

That's true I believe the privacy feature is part of the reason majority of people are here.

We have also seen that the admins are eager to respond when users require more features so I am looking forward to more of that improvement.

#157 2023-06-04 19:36:07

MRBEAST

PEACEMAKER;11921 wrote:
JONSNOWING;11886 wrote:

That's true I believe the privacy feature is part of the reason majority of people are here.

We have also seen that the admins are eager to respond when users require more features so I am looking forward to more of that improvement.

The internet is already risky enough and I don't blame anyone who has taking so much priority in protecting their personal details or those who has no chosen to remain anonymous.

#158 2023-06-04 19:44:48

Dozie

MRBEAST;11924 wrote:
PEACEMAKER;11921 wrote:
JONSNOWING;11886 wrote:

The internet is already risky enough and I don't blame anyone who has taking so much priority in protecting their personal details or those who has no chosen to remain anonymous.

I would rather protect myself in cryptocurrency like for example getting 2FA factor keep my password very secured and Also have a personal device for work but in terms of privacy Utopia p2p is amazing.

#159 2023-06-04 19:49:24

Detroit

Thus, while the access to and risks of cryptocurrencies may be the same for all individuals, the impacts of those risks would be felt regardless.

#160 2023-06-04 19:54:40

Camavinga

Many crypto platforms (such as exchanges) typically require a bank account to use cryptocurrencies, so this defeats the purpose of serving the unbanked.

#161 2023-06-04 19:55:34

Detroit

Camavinga;11943 wrote:

Many crypto platforms (such as exchanges) typically require a bank account to use cryptocurrencies, so this defeats the purpose of serving the unbanked.

Unfortunately, cryptocurrencies are notoriously volatile, and their dramatic price fluctuations make them unsuitable and unreliable as a means for payment.

#162 2023-06-04 19:58:05

Camavinga

Detroit;11945 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>Camavinga;11943 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>Many crypto platforms (such as exchanges) typically require a bank account to use cryptocurrencies, so this defeats the purpose of serving the unbanked.</p></div></blockquote></div><br /><p>Unfortunately, cryptocurrencies are notoriously volatile, and their dramatic price fluctuations make them unsuitable and unreliable as a means for payment.</p>

Due to the tremendous volatility of cryptocurrencies, some proponents argue that stablecoins—a subcategory of cryptocurrencies—are better suited for making payments because they are meant to be pegged to the U.S. dollar or another fiat currency.

#163 2023-06-04 20:14:44

Detroit

There are investors who are interested in crypto not to use it as a currency, but to use it as a hedge against inflation, or as an investment vehicle.

#164 2023-06-05 06:52:41

Comrade

Detroit;11954 wrote:

There are investors who are interested in crypto not to use it as a currency, but to use it as a hedge against inflation, or as an investment vehicle.

Crypto is well known as a currency with great value. It happens to be one of the currency that has great values in investment policy.

#165 2023-06-05 10:24:09

Lanistergame2

Detroit;11954 wrote:

Crypto has more than one usecase and you can use it the way you wish. It functions as a currency, as a hedge, as an investment or asset and an escape form the control of governments and banks.

You are free to use crypto the way you want.

#166 2023-06-05 11:01:28

PEACEMAKER

Lanistergame2;12090 wrote:

Crypto has more than one usecase and you can use it the way you wish. It functions as a currency, as a hedge, as an investment or asset and an escape form the control of governments and banks. You are free to use crypto the way you want.

That's true, most people use it as an escape from the control of government especially to enable them keep assets without the government being able to control or freeze their assets.

They also use it as a way to earn when the price increases.

#167 2023-06-05 13:03:40

Europ

PEACEMAKER;12098 wrote:

Crypto has more than one usecase and you can use it the way you wish. It functions as a currency, as a hedge, as an investment or asset and an escape form the control of governments and banks. You are free to use crypto the way you want.

That's true, most people use it as an escape from the control of government especially to enable them keep assets without the government being able to control or freeze their assets.

Why will you have your money safe somewhere and its been controlled by the government.

#168 2023-06-05 15:19:55

JONSNOWING

Europ;12101 wrote:
PEACEMAKER;12098 wrote:

Why will you have your money safe somewhere and its been controlled by the government.

The general banking system can easily be accessed by the government due to any suspicion they have, in the case of an investigation.I had a bank I was using and due to government order they fixed a charge for every transaction made. But a decentralized Cryptocurrency Exchange is free from government preying into their personal financial affairs because of a mere suspicion

#169 2023-06-05 19:20:39

Detroit

The Cryptocurrency world is immune to the old methods of government to control transactions and interference. Cryptocurrency is a flawless design that provides peer-to-peer and transparent transaction options, after enjoying the taste of flawless design none of the people will choose a normal bank transaction over a cryptocurrency transaction.

#170 2023-06-05 19:22:27

Camavinga

In decentralized currency, the central party is superseded by an internal protocol framework governing the system functioning and allowing the system members to verify transactions on their own

#171 2023-06-05 19:23:26

Detroit

As payments and transactions are processed via the system, these participants (commonly referred to as "miners") are paid with newly minted "currency" for completing the payment processing function (also known as "mining").

#172 2023-06-05 19:24:17

Camavinga

Digital currencies are digital representations of value, issued by private developers and denominated in their unit of account. As digital representations of value, VCs fall within the broader category of digital currencies.

#173 2023-06-05 19:37:15

PEACEMAKER

Europ;12101 wrote:

Using Crypto keeps your money safe and it can also not be controlled by the government because it is decentralized. The only way they can control it is if you use centralized exchanges.

#174 2023-06-05 20:04:39

Camavinga

PEACEMAKER;12158 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>Europ;12101 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p> Why will you have your money safe somewhere and its been controlled by the government.</p></div></blockquote></div><p>Using Crypto keeps your money safe and it can also not be controlled by the government because it is decentralized. The only way they can control it is if you use centralized exchanges.</p>

A high level of risks for users due to potential performance issues, market manipulation, hardware failures, latency problems, and many other inherent problems when it comes to dealing with large volumes.

#175 2023-06-05 20:53:28

MRBEAST

PEACEMAKER;12158 wrote:
Europ;12101 wrote:

Using Crypto keeps your money safe and it can also not be controlled by the government because it is decentralized. The only way they can control it is if you use centralized exchanges.

Using crypto means you are now ready to be in charge of your funds and be in total control but that demands good level of discipline and if you aren't you can lose your funds

Board footer