uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-15 18:16:13

Cromanes

A compilation of reasons and arguments why one should be anonymous.

The point of the new post is to provide clues and arguments for Internet users.

#2 2021-12-15 18:19:06

Cromanes

Re: A compilation of reasons and arguments why one should be anonymous.

Anonymity is needed so that hackers can't go through your online file for their illicit gain.

#3 2022-01-04 17:28:10

Posi

In a situation when the government, medical personnel, political officer, etc cant be trusted privacy and anonymity are needed. Not to even mention the Google search engine which makes billions of dollars through innocent people's private information and this remind me of when the company was sued by a Billionaire or Millionaire family which i couldn't remember the family name.

#4 2022-01-06 15:19:14

Cromanes

I think the potential problem is that Big Data is a pair of marketers working with the government to analyze certain needs, and this information about their people hand in hand with the marketers and the government will set the trend that everything will be moving towards autocracies and changing popular culture into a culture of indexing with the possible creation of a potential digital slavery.

#5 2022-01-06 15:21:59

Cromanes

Posi;1300 wrote:

Anonymity is needed so that hackers can't go through your online file for their illicit gain.

Your topic is very interesting and I wish you would cover it here in as much detail as possible.

#6 2022-02-14 15:42:12

Gordon

As I know it is possible to give a weighty example that the state can interfere in the private or intimate life of its citizens through the use of the same social networks and the companies that run them can make certain agreements with this state to censorship and then offline pursuit of those who do not want to think the political system that operates in the state.

#7 2022-02-14 16:09:39

Gordon

And also how Tweeter banned a former American President as Donald Trump was banned for allegedly calling for extremism with some already slandering him ruining the campaign for his 2nd term in a row.

#8 2022-02-14 17:46:32

aurelian

Anonimity is paramount in a corrupt society where corruption is advertised as lobby. There is no government in the world who escaped this plague.

#9 2022-02-24 17:47:04

Cromanes

aurelian;1586 wrote:

Anonimity is paramount in a corrupt society where corruption is advertised as lobby. There is no government in the world who escaped this plague.

I wish there was some historical example that could be given. But thank you for your thoughts.

#10 2023-01-01 20:00:55

CrytoCynthia

Well if anyone want to be anonymous the first think you need to think of is they are concern about their safety, many things are happening on the internet and many have lost property and life just because of the details the reveal on the internet. For me it’s safety First.

#11 2023-01-06 18:57:16

full

CrytoCynthia;2468 wrote:

Well if anyone want to be anonymous the first think you need to think of is they are concern about their safety, many things are happening on the internet and many have lost property and life just because of the details the reveal on the internet. For me it’s safety First.

This reminds the story of a rich family that once sue Google for revealing their family privacy information to the public when the person to blame was them because they never take their seriously.
The major concept of privacy is liberation from all angles.

#12 2023-01-07 20:32:35

thrive

full;2522 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;2468 wrote:

This reminds the story of a rich family that once sue Google for revealing their family privacy information to the public when the person to blame was them because they never take their seriously.

This is a funny story and I am sure the rich family wins the case no matter how powerful they because the Google Search engine is a fully-automated engine that uses web crawlers and it does is explore the available data online and provides it as the result to keyword use to search.
The rich are the ones to be blamed for making their private information linked by not using privacy services.

#13 2023-01-12 05:20:13

Lanistergame2

Anonymity becomes more desirable when we understand the value of data and how it is used in today's world. Data is another version of digital gold and is used, stored, sold, scraped and practically mined be various platforms, everyone wanting a piece of the pie.

Wanting to not be a statistic on some data file, which can eventually find its its way into the hands of the wrong party like on the dark web is valid.

#14 2023-01-12 16:27:22

full

thrive;2559 wrote:
full;2522 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;2468 wrote:

This is a funny story and I am sure the rich family wins the case no matter how powerful they because the Google Search engine is a fully-automated engine that uses web crawlers and it does is explore the available data online and provides it as the result to keyword use to search.
The rich are the ones to be blamed for making their private information linked by not using privacy services.

Yes, the rich family lost the case. Apart from that, for a variety of reasons, I think that people should maintain their anonymity no matter what because the freedom to express themselves without worrying about retaliation or humiliation is crucial, and also have secure transactions.

#15 2023-01-12 20:50:07

Lanistergame2

full;2865 wrote:

I think that people should maintain their anonymity no matter what because the freedom to express themselves without worrying about retaliation or humiliation is crucial, and also have secure transactions.

How to maintain privacy is something that takes extra effort and the individual would have to give up a lot things to remain anonymous on the web.
Many or all of our favorite social platforms and websites are constantly storing our data to use for marketing purposes and they come up with more attractive ways to keep us hooked on their platform.

#16 2023-01-12 21:12:30

CrytoCynthia

It’s very simple, we can just say that it’s very unsafe that anyone puts their details out there especially the details of one being exposed on the internet and gets into the wrong hands

#17 2023-01-12 22:07:00

joanna

From my own understanding, anonymity is the right of every one of us to have a secure environment where we can express our ideas and emotions without fear of third parties, Feds, or google interference. I believe it is critical for people to be able to communicate with one another anonymously at some point without worrying about being persecuted or subjected to negative reactions just like the lady that was exposed by Facebook last year and later charged by the government for abortion.

#18 2023-01-12 22:13:52

KAMSI_UG

joanna;2921 wrote:

From my own understanding, anonymity is the right of every one of us to have a secure environment where we can express our ideas and emotions without fear of third parties, Feds, or google interference. I believe it is critical for people to be able to communicate with one another anonymously at some point without worrying about being persecuted or subjected to negative reactions just like the lady that was exposed by Facebook last year and later charged by the government for abortion.

Although for so long anonymity has been so misinterpreted many see anonymity as a bad thing and see it for those who has something to hide like a criminal.

#19 2023-01-12 22:29:53

Kelechi

KAMSI_UG;2925 wrote:
joanna;2921 wrote:

Although for so long anonymity has been so misinterpreted many see anonymity as a bad thing and see it for those who has something to hide like a criminal.

And as long as Cryptocurrency still has haters the anonymity seen as a problem would not go away, regardless I am not phased by that because I believe in anonymity and privacy protection.

#20 2023-01-13 07:26:57

Lanistergame2

Considering the theme of this thread, maybe we can have a compilation of privacy-esque alternatives to popular social media platforms can have a list of available options they can use.

This would involve platforms that do not require any personal information, maintaining anonymity and does not keep logs of browsing sessions, keeping the user private.
Would anyone be interested in this?

#21 2023-01-13 13:57:27

CrytoCynthia

Lanistergame2;2948 wrote:

Considering the theme of this thread, maybe we can have a compilation of privacy-esque alternatives to popular social media platforms can have a list of available options they can use.

This would involve platforms that do not require any personal information, maintaining anonymity and does not keep logs of browsing sessions, keeping the user private.
Would anyone be interested in this?

I would also be interested in this too mate but do you think such platforms exist, I have been taught not to be fool by what people claim unless when proven and many platforms can claim this and not even offer it

#22 2023-01-14 21:01:04

CrytoCynthia

Well you should be anonymous because of the threat against you, also due to the fact that the men of the underworld are very active on the internet and anonymity has help you immensely.

#23 2023-01-14 21:14:41

KingCRP

Have you ever checked the internet and see that someone has used Your driver’s license you used to pass kyc on a particular project and that person is also using your drivers license to pass Kyc of another project? Probably you would understand the essence of anonymity.

#24 2023-01-15 16:16:21

KAMSI_UG

It’s not far fetched that anyone would love to be anonymous especially in cryptocurrency. As some of us are experiencing governmental issues oj cryptocurrency. Anonymity can keep us safe from all that.

#25 2023-01-16 21:31:04

joanna

Kelechi;2934 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;2925 wrote:
joanna;2921 wrote:

And as long as Cryptocurrency still has haters the anonymity seen as a problem would not go away, regardless I am not phased by that because I believe in anonymity and privacy protection.

There is no way we can ensure that cryptocurrency won't have detractors because the consensus and censorship-resistant nature of cryptocurrency is a "NO" for some people, especially the banking industry and some governments. However, cryptocurrency's detractors are not the main reason why people believe anonymity to be all about illicit activity.

Board footer