uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-15 16:09:53

aurelian

Linux home UAM mining alongside Utopia Windows Client

I currently have Utopia Client installed in Windows and I plan to buy a PC for linux mining, at home. Since both computers are behind my home router, and I have only one external IP address (from the ISP), would it be a problem for the miner? Anybody had this configuration already? Any advice would be apreciated.

#2 2022-02-23 17:28:33

Cromanes

Re: Linux home UAM mining alongside Utopia Windows Client

aurelian;1597 wrote:

2-02-13
I currently have Utopia Client installed in Windows and I plan to buy a PC for linux mining, at home. Since both computers are behind my home router, and I have only one external IP address (from the ISP), would it be a problem for the miner? Anybody had this configuration already? Any advice would be apreciated.

By the way, I don't understand why you have to use a different IP for each mining bot?

#3 2023-05-31 22:35:23

CrytoCynthia

Is it that easy to mine on the UtopiaP2P ecosystem, and how much do someone need to start mining on UtopiaP2P, also what are the competition like amongst miners.

#4 2023-06-16 05:35:23

gap

CrytoCynthia;11209 wrote:

Is it that easy to mine on the UtopiaP2P ecosystem, and how much do someone need to start mining on UtopiaP2P, also what are the competition like amongst miners.

I will advice that you visit the "Mining and proof of Stake" Topic
https://talk.u.is/viewforum.php?id=6
Thats the link and from there miners and developer can help you out.

#5 2023-06-16 08:47:09

Lanistergame2

You cannot determine if it is easy to mine cause it is relative. There are some currencies which are easier to mine and there are others which are more expensive.
You have to do more research before going into mining so as to get it right.

#6 2023-06-16 15:38:08

Comrade

Lanistergame2;14233 wrote:

You cannot determine if it is easy to mine cause it is relative. There are some currencies which are easier to mine and there are others which are more expensive.
You have to do more research before going into mining so as to get it right.

You have a point. Its best to make a research and asked questions before going into mining and as far as i know its not advisable to go into solo mining but its best to mine with other miners to get expected profits.

Board footer