uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-10 16:48:39

NiPeGun

Configure qt.conf to make the messenger work in a different location

I´m trying to install the messenger in a different location than the /opt one in Debian, but I´m having some issues:

If I run:

sh -c "/home/nipegun/crp/messenger/utopia --url %u"

Results in this error:

qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, webgl, xcb.

Aborted

So, I set the debug variable with:

export QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1

...and run again:

sh -c "/home/nipegun/crp/messenger/utopia --url %u"

..now I can see this output:

Got keys from plugin meta data ("xcb")
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/home/nipegun/crp/messenger/platforms" ...
Cannot load library /home/nipegun/crp/messenger/plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so: (/home/nipegun/crp/messenger/plugins/platforms/../../lib/libQt5XcbQpa.so.5:
undefined symbol:>QLibraryPrivate::loadPlugin failed on "/home/nipegun/crp/messenger/plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so" :
"Cannot load library /home/nipegun/crp/messenger/plugins/platforms/libqx>qt.qpa.plugin:
Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, webgl, xcb.

Aborted

From that I asume is messing with the location of the libqxcb library cause of "/../../".

So, if I now set the variable:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/nipegun/crp/messenger/lib"

The error is gone, but I mess with other configurations of my system.

How can I configure qt.conf to make the messenger work in that location?

#2 2022-02-19 13:49:23

SGL

Re: Configure qt.conf to make the messenger work in a different location

try this:

sudo apt-get install libx11-xcb1 libgl1-mesa-glx libpulse-mainloop-glib0 libgtk-3-dev

Crypton/UUSD donation for new developments: F50AF5410B1F3F4297043F0E046F205BCBAA76BEC70E936EB0F3AB94BF316804

Board footer