uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-01 06:20:06

money_ranger

P2P Marketplace (in light of recent EU regulations)

For those who don't know there have been a prelimanary vote on enforcing KYC on self hosted wallets. Basically they want to cut off any bridge between FIAT and non-KYC Crypto.

Freedoom is going down the drain fast and while i may rejoice in seeing a bright future for utopia, the future is grim for the people.

What i want to propose that the team may consider is a P2P marketplace with the escrow system. I know its a big undertaking, but givin people a way to bridge cryptos to the real world, and MAYBE also INSIDE the Utopia app could be a really nice thing.

I'm not saying now, its just an idea/reminder for the team to consider.

#2 2022-04-14 16:09:25

Makedonskiy

Re: P2P Marketplace (in light of recent EU regulations)

good idea. It would be nice to see something like this.

#3 2022-04-26 08:18:02

Cromanes

I'm afraid there is a strong need for a lack of centralization. The world needs nothing. They only care about lawsuits and speculative profits.

I fear that the market Utopia created will be extremely small because of the tendency to create tokens on a centralized basis.

#4 2022-04-26 08:22:01

Cromanes

And the main Western market has no demand for it. They have not yet received the problems of blocking their accounts on exchanges and even cold wallets, which the Russians have experienced recently, and probably will continue to receive the stumps of their crypto-financial opportunities for a long time.

#5 Yesterday 11:45:27

money_ranger

Cromanes;1778 wrote:

And the main Western market has no demand for it. They have not yet received the problems of blocking their accounts on exchanges and even cold wallets, which the Russians have experienced recently, and probably will continue to receive the stumps of their crypto-financial opportunities for a long time.

True, the demand is far from there. Still talking about utopia to people both young and old usually sparks some interest especially due to the decentralized nature and anonimity.

Adoption and digestion is slow as always and even more so in this case, myself included it went by almost 8 month between hearing about utopia and creating an account and starting to mine. And i am somewhat tech savvy, but many non tech people hearing about utopia asked me about it.

Board footer