uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#26 2022-06-17 05:30:54

N3koSempai

Re: games in utopia

I am interested in creating games on the utopia network. I program in C++ and python. I have already opened a thread for those interested in development. I would like to do something like legend of zelda or similar. The biggest problem I would say is the art. I'm obviously talking about a game that would take more time to make. I would sell it on a website that would accept payments in CRP and other cryptos

I am a software developer in C/C++ and Python

#27 2022-09-04 03:42:15

Cromanes

If the game will be interesting that will interest outsiders to invest their penny there. Then why not create your own marketplace to sell game assets for cryptons, it would raise the liquidity of krypton on exchanges, and activity in utopia.

#28 2023-02-06 19:25:08

Kelechi

Hey this thread seem to be old but since we are talking about Games on Utopia p2p aside the Utopia p2p poker game is there any other active game here

#29 2023-02-06 19:26:55

JONSNOWING

Kelechi;4883 wrote:

Hey this thread seem to be old but since we are talking about Games on Utopia p2p aside the Utopia p2p poker game is there any other active game here

The thread might be old but it is still very much active, yes there are lots of games available on the Utopia p2p ecosystem and you can get to make your choice on the game by checking out Utopia uFun.

#30 2023-02-06 19:32:08

Camavinga

Kelechi;4883 wrote:

The game is the same thing, it is the poker game that the op is talking about. I don’t think there is any other game in the utopia ecosystem other than the poker game, the op was just talking about how fun it is to play the poker game on the utopia network, i am yet to play it, but i am becoming interested.

#31 2023-02-06 20:53:09

Kelechi

Camavinga;4889 wrote:
Kelechi;4883 wrote:

The game is the same thing, it is the poker game that the op is talking about. I don’t think there is any other game in the utopia ecosystem other than the poker game, the op was just talking about how fun it is to play the poker game on the utopia network, i am yet to play it, but i am becoming interested.

I actually don't consider the poker game as the game the op Is referring to, he probably just asking for a game that probably doesn't require staking money

#32 2023-02-07 13:16:43

Camavinga

Kelechi;4929 wrote:

I actually don't consider the poker game as the game the op Is referring to, he probably just asking for a game that probably doesn't require staking money

I think you should read the op again mate, it reads that the op just played the poker game on the utopia site, and now he/she is “hooked” on it, meaning they can’t stop playing it. Through that statement i gusss playing poker on the utopia site is kind of addictive or something.

#33 2023-02-07 18:27:40

Detroit

Camavinga;4981 wrote:

I think you should read the op again mate, it reads that the op just played the poker game on the utopia site, and now he/she is “hooked” on it, meaning they can’t stop playing it. Through that statement i gusss playing poker on the utopia site is kind of addictive or something.

I kind of suspected that. Getting addicted to anything at all is very horrible. I guess gambling is the worst because you can't think clearly before staking a bet. This will lead to a serious waste of resources.

#34 2023-02-07 18:29:13

KAMSI_UG

Detroit;5001 wrote:
Camavinga;4981 wrote:

I kind of suspected that. Getting addicted to anything at all is very horrible. I guess gambling is the worst because you can't think clearly before staking a bet. This will lead to a serious waste of resources.

Well addiction is a word people hate to use to refer to themselves but the truth is that many of us are actually addicted to something and we many times deny that fact.

#35 2023-02-07 18:40:55

Detroit

KAMSI_UG;5002 wrote:

Well addiction is a word people hate to use to refer to themselves but the truth is that many of us are actually addicted to something and we many times deny that fact.

I think I will disagree with that. Addiction as a word means when an individual can not stop doing a particular behavior or using a particular substance even when they wish to. It's a very serious condition.  Also when you are addicted to something you as the person knows about it and you wish to stop it but you can't.

#36 2023-02-07 20:06:26

KingCRP

Detroit;5007 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;5002 wrote:

I think I will disagree with that. Addiction as a word means when an individual can not stop doing a particular behavior or using a particular substance even when they wish to. It's a very serious condition.  Also when you are addicted to something you as the person knows about it and you wish to stop it but you can't.

I think that’s same thing the person you tagged is saying just that the person is letting us know that many of us deny that we are actually addicted to some things.

#37 2023-03-11 16:52:04

Cat

Poker is certainly good, but do you think blackjack will be added?

#38 2023-03-11 18:34:05

IyaJJJ

KingCRP;5024 wrote:
Detroit;5007 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;5002 wrote:

I think that’s same thing the person you tagged is saying just that the person is letting us know that many of us deny that we are actually addicted to some things.

This is why some people who are addicted to gambling, day trading, and other activities find it difficult to control themselves because they must first accept the fact that they are addicted before they can find a way to correct themselves.

#39 2023-03-11 23:08:43

thrive

Cat;5312 wrote:

Poker is certainly good, but do you think blackjack will be added?

Footing what I know about the UtopiaP2P ecosystem dev team, they always welcome new ideas and development that will help the ecosystem group. From the record, blackjack is also one of the games that gamblers love but it will be nice if there were multiple games so that people can switch from one game to another

#40 2023-03-13 18:51:52

KAMSI_UG

Who is familiar with poker games here? I see people are giving go remarks about the Utopia p2p poker games and many also say it’s very profitable, although I am not good at poker game is would still love to give this a shot.

#41 2023-03-13 23:38:10

joanna

KAMSI_UG;5391 wrote:

Who is familiar with poker games here? I see people are giving go remarks about the Utopia p2p poker games and many also say it’s very profitable, although I am not good at poker game is would still love to give this a shot.

Yes, a lot of people pay much attention to the poker games on the UtopiaP2P in-built application client but the game is only profitable to the users that are already good in the game.

#42 2023-03-13 23:40:37

IyaJJJ

joanna;5428 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;5391 wrote:

Yes, a lot of people pay much attention to the poker games on the UtopiaP2P in-built application client but the game is only profitable to the users that are already good in the game.

It is a normal thing at every event. The event is only profitable to users that are lucky and also very good in the event activity but the major problem in the poker game is finding an opponent on the table.

#43 2023-03-13 23:42:47

thrive

IyaJJJ;5429 wrote:
joanna;5428 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;5391 wrote:

It is a normal thing at every event. The event is only profitable to users that are lucky and also very good in the event activity but the major problem in the poker game is finding an opponent on the table.

A lot of people attention to poker games because some event/contest was hosted for it on a forum called Bitcointalk and like the other user said, getting a player at the table due to the time difference barrier is a major drawback.

#44 2023-03-14 17:18:34

CrytoCynthia

thrive;5430 wrote:
IyaJJJ;5429 wrote:
joanna;5428 wrote:

A lot of people attention to poker games because some event/contest was hosted for it on a forum called Bitcointalk and like the other user said, getting a player at the table due to the time difference barrier is a major drawback.

The poker game is a unique initiative and I believe there are many people who are interested in poker games that would definitely like this idea also I believe it’s going to be very profitable as well.

#45 2023-03-14 17:55:34

thrive

CrytoCynthia;5458 wrote:
thrive;5430 wrote:
IyaJJJ;5429 wrote:

The poker game is a unique initiative and I believe there are many people who are interested in poker games that would definitely like this idea also I believe it’s going to be very profitable as well.

Yes, it is going to be profitable but I think we need something that will work as a crypto gambling site on the UtopiaP2P ecosystem in an advanced way cause I know we have uFun, and the other site whose name just skip my mind.

#46 2023-03-15 07:30:07

Camavinga

KAMSI_UG;5391 wrote:

Playing games are rarely profitable, except there is a form of gambling as users play, or if it is a play-to-earn game; i don’t know if the Utopia poker game is any of such, i haven’t really tried it because it does not fall under my area of interest in the utopia decentralized network, but if you like to play games, you can try it and out and then come and give us more information about it, maybe it could interest others if there is sufficient info about it.

#47 2023-03-15 20:58:49

JONSNOWING

I have a very simple question, is the Utopia p2p poker game synonymous with a gambling game? I think there are some people that loves Poker game as a form of recreation so is there an option for that on the Utopia p2p poker game.

#48 2023-03-15 21:44:46

Kelechi

JONSNOWING;5610 wrote:

I have a very simple question, is the Utopia p2p poker game synonymous with a gambling game? I think there are some people that loves Poker game as a form of recreation so is there an option for that on the Utopia p2p poker game.

Yes mate that's very possible, you and your friend can create a table and reach an agreement that it's not going to be financial based sort of game between you both.

#49 2023-03-16 18:24:11

CrytoCynthia

Kelechi;5618 wrote:
JONSNOWING;5610 wrote:

Yes mate that's very possible, you and your friend can create a table and reach an agreement that it's not going to be financial based sort of game between you both.

What’s the difficult level on Utopia p2p poker game like? Have you tried it out yourself. This won’t be my first time to play poker game but I am not familiar with the Utopia p2p poker game.

#50 2023-03-16 18:31:01

Cat

CrytoCynthia;5660 wrote:

What’s the difficult level on Utopia p2p poker game like? Have you tried it out yourself. This won’t be my first time to play poker game but I am not familiar with the Utopia p2p poker game.

It's fun to play poker here, lots of interesting people to meet.

Board footer