uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-23 11:06:13

Vastextension

Why no PM on this forum?

After my participation in the Qatar World Cup, 2022 Predict. I see something the dev team ought to have added to the feature of this forum because it is hard for the user of this community to communicate with each other instead of providing a Telegram account.
An example is the WorldCup prediction winner he/she ought to have gotten his/her in time if there's a PM feature on this forum.

#2 2022-12-23 18:54:13

CrytoCynthia

Re: Why no PM on this forum?

Yes mate I wanted to ask the same question, I think in every forum communication is very important and it would be a good addition to fix a pm, we can want to interact privately with one another and also if anyone does not like a pm they can turn the feature of, in essence the forum can make the feature optional or even based on rank.

#3 2022-12-25 16:26:15

Lanistergame2

I believe it's because the forum is new and first has to gain grounds and reputation first, PM are sensitive especially on a community so if more to guide the community can come out then I believe they can add PM

#4 2022-12-26 12:13:52

CrytoCynthia

Lanistergame2;2111 wrote:

I believe it's because the forum is new and first has to gain grounds and reputation first, PM are sensitive especially on a community so if more to guide the community can come out then I believe they can add PM

Well I hope pm comes soon enough, because it would help with communication I can see a post by someone and I would really want to know more about their post and I would prefer Communicating with the person via pm.

#5 2022-12-28 15:36:36

Detroit

I think this forum have not added pm because it may cause people to start sending other forum people unsolicited pm’s and try to scam them through pm, i know the developers of the forum cannot protect the members forever, but for now that the forum is just starting, it would be bad if many people come here only to scam others, we need people that genuinely want to discuss about Utopia and crypto, when we have many people that want to do that, they can now add pm feature and make it safe for the forum people to use.

#6 2022-12-28 16:18:58

Kelechi

Detroit;2251 wrote:

I think this forum have not added pm because it may cause people to start sending other forum people unsolicited pm’s and try to scam them through pm, i know the developers of the forum cannot protect the members forever, but for now that the forum is just starting, it would be bad if many people come here only to scam others, we need people that genuinely want to discuss about Utopia and crypto, when we have many people that want to do that, they can now add pm feature and make it safe for the forum people to use.

Literally there is no other way to avoid people sending unsolicited messages let's face the truth even in other forum that has private message and alot of it's members still get such unsolicited messages right now, it's kind of the disadvantage of private message but it doesn't mean we woul completely avoid it

#7 2022-12-29 15:32:38

Detroit

Kelechi;2254 wrote:

Literally there is no other way to avoid people sending unsolicited messages let's face the truth even in other forum that has private message and alot of it's members still get such unsolicited messages right now, it's kind of the disadvantage of private message but it doesn't mean we woul completely avoid it

You are correct, it is almost impossible to avoid unsolicited private messages, it is something people would always do, either to advertise something to other members privately, or to try and scam them, i believe a pm option would be added sooner rather than later, and the admin in the forum can give members the option to off and on pm on their account, so those who don’t want to receive any pm from anyone can just off it, they can also add a button to report scam pm’s immediately to the moderator so the member can be banned.

#8 2022-12-29 21:15:50

CrytoCynthia

Let just be hopeful that the moderator sees this tread and not only that, but they take it seriously and hopefully we may just have a private message option but if this happens it’s should be segregated to high rank

#9 2022-12-30 14:33:53

Kelechi

CrytoCynthia;2338 wrote:

Let just be hopeful that the moderator sees this tread and not only that, but they take it seriously and hopefully we may just have a private message option but if this happens it’s should be segregated to high rank

But guys if by chance the forum gets a private message then it should also have the option to mute users from sending message to someone, especially members that has sent messages that is very cryptic, insulting or scam

#10 2022-12-30 21:13:33

KAMSI_UG

If we don’t yet have a private message set up yet, can we try to make sure that we use the Utopia p2p application uMessage option, we can carry out private transactions like that

#11 2023-01-06 18:49:28

Camavinga

I think the uTalk admin should add a pm feature to the forum, i can imagine if i have something to tell another user but no way to do it, and i also don’t think i have been on any forum that does not have a pm feature. Please i advice that the admin should add it asap, people might want to interact privately and build networks on the forum, but they cannot do so, please consider this sooner rather than later.

#12 2023-01-06 20:39:32

CrytoCynthia

I had wanted to send a pm to someone who hasn’t been online and I want to check up on but the no inclusion of a private message option has prevented me from doing so. We need a pm on this forum.

#13 2023-01-08 16:58:57

KAMSI_UG

CrytoCynthia;2533 wrote:

I had wanted to send a pm to someone who hasn’t been online and I want to check up on but the no inclusion of a private message option has prevented me from doing so. We need a pm on this forum.

Well for now there is no pm and we should understand that. I think we can drop our Utopia application client account if we won’t a private message engagement with anyone until the forum gets a private message option.

#14 2023-01-08 21:10:52

JONSNOWING

KAMSI_UG;2609 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;2533 wrote:

Well for now there is no pm and we should understand that. I think we can drop our Utopia application client account if we won’t a private message engagement with anyone until the forum gets a private message option.

But on the second thought the forum is still growing what would you possibly want to send a PM to someone about, like everything is not too complicated for now, I also think the PM option can also wait.

#15 2023-01-09 15:58:55

CrytoCynthia

JONSNOWING;2642 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;2609 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;2533 wrote:

But on the second thought the forum is still growing what would you possibly want to send a PM to someone about, like everything is not too complicated for now, I also think the PM option can also wait.

Regardless of if the forum is growing, if there would be a pm made available I think it’s still very possible at this early stages of the forum, the main point is that the forum team accepts is possible and then implement it.

#16 2023-01-09 16:46:20

KAMSI_UG

Can we just understand that the Utopia team has there own plans for the forum and one of the plans is not to put pm on the forum and we should for now try to understand that and maybe just wait or them to change their mind on it.

#17 2023-01-09 18:06:01

KingCRP

KAMSI_UG;2657 wrote:

Can we just understand that the Utopia team has there own plans for the forum and one of the plans is not to put pm on the forum and we should for now try to understand that and maybe just wait or them to change their mind on it.

Well even though the team has their own plans for the forum we as users of the forum still have good rights to give out suggestions to them when necessary.

#18 2023-01-09 20:58:15

KAMSI_UG

KingCRP;2659 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;2657 wrote:

Well even though the team has their own plans for the forum we as users of the forum still have good rights to give out suggestions to them when necessary.

Yes we are eligible to make suggestions but what I am saying is that the forum team and administrators has already thought about some of this things and have probably followed the option that benefits everyone

#19 2023-01-12 21:10:00

CrytoCynthia

Guys after making a suggestion and we have deliberated on it and a conclusion has been reached I think it should be made that people can actually lock a thread up.

#20 2023-01-13 20:21:58

KAMSI_UG

The private message issue would always be fresh and I believe if the team can address it right now it would really help everyone. I would like to have conversations with some members here.

#21 2023-01-20 22:28:38

Kelechi

KAMSI_UG;3015 wrote:

The private message issue would always be fresh and I believe if the team can address it right now it would really help everyone. I would like to have conversations with some members here.

Yes mate, if there is any features that the forum needs to look into it would definitely be for them to check out the PM option on this forum

#22 2023-01-21 21:31:33

Lanistergame2

KAMSI_UG;3015 wrote:

If implemented, there should also be a regulation policy around the use of the pm option.

It would be a feature that scammers would want to explore and use as a means to target newbies off the public conversation where others can call out their scam.

#23 2023-01-23 19:57:06

Detroit

Lanistergame2;3781 wrote:

If implemented, there should also be a regulation policy around the use of the pm option.

It would be a feature that scammers would want to explore and use as a means to target newbies off the public conversation where others can call out their scam.

It's very important to have a regulatory body to watch this feature.
It needs to be under great supervision. Though as a person you ner to be careful so to prevent scammers but the forum developers also have a part to play.

#24 2023-01-25 15:16:49

IyaJJJ

No matter the feature that will be added to this forum we don't need any regulatory body. Why? Because this is a privacy focus project.

#25 2023-01-25 16:48:54

thrive

IyaJJJ;3807 wrote:

No matter the feature that will be added to this forum we don't need any regulatory body. Why? Because this is a privacy focus project.

You seem to be a new user. Welcome on board.
I also don't support the act of the regulatory system because it is totally against the practice and concept of decentralization and privacy which are the major priority of the Utopia p2p ecosystem.

Board footer