uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-28 17:10:51

CrytoCynthia

No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

I understand Utopia is very shroud on privacy matters but I noticed that when creating the Utopia p2p application it doesn’t require any form of Email is this a way to show that Utopia p2p doesn’t want the application linked to other social media out, so what do you guys think is it important for the application to be connected to an email address.

#2 2022-12-28 17:32:22

Detroit

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

I think Utopia have done this to make things very easy for new users to register without going through too many hassles, though including an email is not too much of an hassle and is very important on almost every platform, most especially for recovery of account, so i want to know how Utopia helps with account recovery on this without the inclusion of a user email.

#3 2022-12-28 17:38:53

KAMSI_UG

Well in as much as there is no email linked to the creation of The Utopia application. Every account has their unique public key and they public keep may help in the recovery of the account, but and addiction of an email would be really helpful if you ask me

#4 2022-12-28 18:15:22

Kelechi

The things needs for the registration of Utopia p2p application is very easy if you ask me , you username, you real names which are optional and then your password, to me this are details that you should not misplace

#5 2022-12-28 18:29:32

Lanistergame2

You security is a personal thing, why not take it into your hands, well when I created my own uTalk account all I did was to write down all my useful details I used in creating the account and after that I kept them safe, no need for an email.

#6 2022-12-28 18:29:52

Kelechi

It's not a new thing that ecosystem of Utopia p2p is an escape form surveillance, censorship and data leakage. I have noticed that through emails many people has actually lots Their account so I understand the decision from Utopia p2p.

#7 2022-12-28 19:34:30

Detroit

KAMSI_UG;2266 wrote:

Well in as much as there is no email linked to the creation of The Utopia application. Every account has their unique public key and they public keep may help in the recovery of the account, but and addiction of an email would be really helpful if you ask me

Thank you very much for this reply and answer, i also believe that because UTOPIA is a decentralized project they do not see any need for email address, KYC and phone numbers, requesting all of these would make it centralized, and UTOPIA is decentralized, so i think the reason is clearer now, and the people who use decentralized platforms have to be more careful and make sure they do not make mistakes or lose their account, because recovery may be difficult than in centralized platforms.

#8 2022-12-28 21:42:56

Lanistergame2

Detroit;2286 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;2266 wrote:

Thank you very much for this reply and answer, i also believe that because UTOPIA is a decentralized project they do not see any need for email address, KYC and phone numbers, requesting all of these would make it centralized, and UTOPIA is decentralized, so i think the reason is clearer now, and the people who use decentralized platforms have to be more careful and make sure they do not make mistakes or lose their account, because recovery may be difficult than in centralized platforms.

Or maybe they want to create their own email in the ecosystem, Utopia p2p is more like an ecosystem where they have so much in it and all of it is to protect it's community, I don't know the mind of the team, but either ways the fact still remains privacy, anonymity and security is important to Utopia p2p.

#9 2022-12-29 13:14:38

crpuusd

CrytoCynthia;2260 wrote:

I understand Utopia is very shroud on privacy matters but I noticed that when creating the Utopia p2p application it doesn’t require any form of Email is this a way to show that Utopia p2p doesn’t want the application linked to other social media out, so what do you guys think is it important for the application to be connected to an email address.

According to the Utopia p2p theory, the ecosystem use no third parties service or equipment which I believe email is also include, and when we talk about privacy provision of email address break the rule of privacy.
For other social media, the Utopia ecosystem has nothing to do with it.

#10 2022-12-29 14:05:57

Detroit

Lanistergame2;2297 wrote:

Or maybe they want to create their own email in the ecosystem, Utopia p2p is more like an ecosystem where they have so much in it and all of it is to protect it's community, I don't know the mind of the team, but either ways the fact still remains privacy, anonymity and security is important to Utopia p2p.

Even if UTOPIA is an ecosystem i don’t think they would want to create their own email service, it is of no use, and an email is something that has to do with a centralized system. UTOPIA is decentralized, and in decentralization people are allowed their privacy, just that they have to be responsible for their actions, because any mistake they make would be difficult to correct. UTOPIA is decentralized that’s why there is no need for an email address or kyc or phone number, it is perfect the way it is.

Last edited by Detroit (2022-12-29 14:07:20)

#11 2022-12-29 15:11:38

Kelechi

Detroit;2299 wrote:

Even if UTOPIA is an ecosystem i don’t think they would want to create their own email service, it is of no use, and an email is something that has to do with a centralized system. UTOPIA is decentralized, and in decentralization people are allowed their privacy, just that they have to be responsible for their actions, because any mistake they make would be difficult to correct. UTOPIA is decentralized that’s why there is no need for an email address or kyc or phone number, it is perfect the way it is.

Well it won't be like any other email, if you also noticed there is already a service called UMail on the Utopia's application so that's to say they have an interest in that direction.

#12 2022-12-29 15:30:01

Lanistergame2

Kelechi;2307 wrote:
Detroit;2299 wrote:

Well it won't be like any other email, if you also noticed there is already a service called UMail on the Utopia's application so that's to say they have an interest in that direction.

The Utopia's application uMail are mainly for messages on the ecosystem and I think it would also benefits from the decentralized nature of Utopia already, and if the confirmation message while creating an account on Crypton Exchange is sent to the uMail I believe they can integrate it.

#13 2022-12-29 18:40:53

KAMSI_UG

If Utopia p2p wants there UMAIL to be the only acceptable mail on the Utopia’s platform I feel they would have made this known to us, so until that happens let’s all still be patient

#14 2022-12-29 18:57:18

Lanistergame2

In history has there been any issues of loss of an account on the Utopia's application? From what I know of there has been none, so i think of this hasn't happened the system at which Utopia p2p has taken to protect it's users has definitely been working.

#15 2022-12-31 19:27:34

Detroit

KAMSI_UG;2322 wrote:

If Utopia p2p wants there UMAIL to be the only acceptable mail on the Utopia’s platform I feel they would have made this known to us, so until that happens let’s all still be patient

Utopia do not have their own email service, they are not an email service provider. They do not request for email, kyc, or phone number upon registration because they do not need it, they are all about privacy, anonymity and decentralization, so there is never going to be anything like a need for an email address, thus there is nothing to be patient about in that regard.

Last edited by Detroit (2022-12-31 19:28:20)

#16 2023-01-01 16:02:41

CrytoCynthia

Detroit;2264 wrote:

I think Utopia have done this to make things very easy for new users to register without going through too many hassles, though including an email is not too much of an hassle and is very important on almost every platform, most especially for recovery of account, so i want to know how Utopia helps with account recovery on this without the inclusion of a user email.

I think you are correct, since Utopia p2p is built on privacy protection and security I think that’s why there is no link to an email because giving out an email address is just like giving out your private information.

#17 2023-01-01 17:06:01

Detroit

Lanistergame2;2326 wrote:

In history has there been any issues of loss of an account on the Utopia's application? From what I know of there has been none, so i think of this hasn't happened the system at which Utopia p2p has taken to protect it's users has definitely been working.

Nobody can be sure that there have been no such issue, though i am not advocating for KYC to solve that problem, people who don’t care about privacy can go and register on centralized exchanges that require KYC and can assist their users for cases of loss of account. Decentralized exchanges work like non custodial wallets, if you lost your keys and recovery seed you will lose your funds, once you choose decentralization, you are choosing responsibility which is a great thing to do.

#18 2023-01-01 20:14:24

KAMSI_UG

Detroit;2446 wrote:
Lanistergame2;2326 wrote:

Nobody can be sure that there have been no such issue, though i am not advocating for KYC to solve that problem, people who don’t care about privacy can go and register on centralized exchanges that require KYC and can assist their users for cases of loss of account. Decentralized exchanges work like non custodial wallets, if you lost your keys and recovery seed you will lose your funds, once you choose decentralization, you are choosing responsibility which is a great thing to do.

Well why would anyone not love their privacy protected. Protecting your privacy doesn’t mean you are hiding something or you are a criminal it just mean you value your private space and still want to be involved in Cryptocurrency.

#19 2023-01-04 22:57:45

thrive

If you read the manifesto of the Utopia p2p ecosystem you'll understand there's no need for connecting an email to the Utopia account. Besides, the "ecosystem" means a biological community of interacting substances and their physical environment.
Literally, every interaction and communication can only be done within the Utopia p2p space for quality anonymous service provision.

#20 2023-01-06 11:04:56

KingCRP

thrive;2497 wrote:

If you read the manifesto of the Utopia p2p ecosystem you'll understand there's no need for connecting an email to the Utopia account. Besides, the "ecosystem" means a biological community of interacting substances and their physical environment.
Literally, every interaction and communication can only be done within the Utopia p2p space for quality anonymous service provision.

I think so too, I have read and Understood what Utopia p2p is trying to create, they want to create an ecosystem that is free from surveillance, censorship and data leakage.

#21 2023-01-06 13:33:32

Camavinga

KAMSI_UG;2469 wrote:

Well why would anyone not love their privacy protected. Protecting your privacy doesn’t mean you are hiding something or you are a criminal it just mean you value your private space and still want to be involved in Cryptocurrency.

This is one thing many people do not know, they think once a person is trying to maintain and protect their privacy, then such a person is a criminal or has something under their sleeves, but that is not so; privacy simply means you do not want people watching your every move, it means that you want to be able to do things without people knowing you did it. People need to understand that the moment you completely lose your privacy, it is so hard to get it back, do better you protect it now.

#22 2023-01-13 16:18:55

KingCRP

Guys how secured is email? Before I got into cryptocurrency I always have considered email as a very safe entity but since I joined cryptocurrency a lot has been said about the potential threat email has.

#23 2023-01-13 18:11:00

Camavinga

KingCRP;2972 wrote:

Guys how secured is email? Before I got into cryptocurrency I always have considered email as a very safe entity but since I joined cryptocurrency a lot has been said about the potential threat email has.

Email is as safe as the user makes it, it is expected that scammers would spam your mail box with malware if they get hold of it, and it is up to you not to click on unsolicited mails and to delete mails that look like scam and blackmail. It is also a great idea to have as many email addresses as possible, and choose the ones you will use on websites or platforms you do not trust. Nothing is safe if the user of the said thing is careless.

#24 2023-01-20 20:43:00

KingCRP

I don’t think we need to connect this forum to email be it Google mail or yahoo mail, but can only control the decentralized nature of its ecosystem and not on other platforms.

#25 2023-01-20 20:49:01

Detroit

KingCRP;3729 wrote:

I don’t think we need to connect this forum to email be it Google mail or yahoo mail, but can only control the decentralized nature of its ecosystem and not on other platforms.

They need to be away to get back our accounts if we forget our passwords.
Do you know any way we can recover our lost accounts on this forum without mail? Please share with us.

Board footer