Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#526 2023-09-25 18:37:10

Kelechi

Re: Warning: Don’t leave your funds on an exchange/crypto service

CrytoCynthia;22545 wrote:
gap;22539 wrote:
Vastextension;22456 wrote:

Newbies should take the necessary time to educate themselves about the exchange they plan to use, read through the guidelines, terms of service, and frequently asked questions (FAQs).

As the Crypto exchange seem easy to use so especially its has some protocols guiding its values. Its better to understand them as well in order to know the full length of the exchange.

It's best to understand every exchange you see fit to use, I have personally done my research on crypton exchange and I have nothing against the exchange.

I agree with you mate, and also stick with the exchange you can use because most times not ever recommendation should be trusted to avoid going from good to worse

#527 2023-09-25 18:51:37

KAMSI_UG

Kelechi;22558 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;22545 wrote:
gap;22539 wrote:

As the Crypto exchange seem easy to use so especially its has some protocols guiding its values. Its better to understand them as well in order to know the full length of the exchange.

It's best to understand every exchange you see fit to use, I have personally done my research on crypton exchange and I have nothing against the exchange.

I agree with you mate, and also stick with the exchange you can use because most times not ever recommendation should be trusted to avoid going from good to worse

Yes that's actually a great advice is one thing for an exchange to have all that an individual needs but it's another important thing for that person to actually be able to use it.

#528 2023-09-25 19:36:37

Kelechi

Its best to alway work with what one knows, I had the chance to meet a friend one time and lost his funds by leaving it on a  btc exchange and then the exchange has some mixup and froze his asset it’s best to never leave your coin on an exchange

#529 2023-09-27 21:22:08

Comrade

Kelechi;22570 wrote:

Its best to alway work with what one knows, I had the chance to meet a friend one time and lost his funds by leaving it on a  btc exchange and then the exchange has some mixup and froze his asset it’s best to never leave your coin on an exchange

With this we are sure not follow in victims with  leaving fund on the exchange cause this might actually results in similar experience of yours and might even cause more damage than that.

#530 2023-09-27 21:54:01

crpuusd

Comrade;22646 wrote:
Kelechi;22570 wrote:

With this we are sure not follow in victims with  leaving fund on the exchange cause this might actually results in similar experience of yours and might even cause more damage than that.

Leaving fund on exchange has already been prohibited by rules  governing the crypton exchange and there has been thorough warning on such act.

#531 2023-09-27 22:30:48

gap

crpuusd;22655 wrote:
Comrade;22646 wrote:
Kelechi;22570 wrote:

Leaving fund on exchange has already been prohibited by rules  governing the crypton exchange and there has been thorough warning on such act.

Apart from leaving fund on the exchanges are there any other things one should be aware of before exchange of transaction taking place?

#532 2023-09-27 23:04:56

Europ

gap;22668 wrote:
crpuusd;22655 wrote:
Comrade;22646 wrote:

Apart from leaving fund on the exchanges are there any other things one should be aware of before exchange of transaction taking place?

Actually every required steps for making an exchange should be executed on a daily or frequent basic in other to get use to it  and with that there will be chances to create exchange on any other device.

#533 2023-09-28 21:05:08

CrytoCynthia

There is nothing like a safe, exchange it's important to know this in crypto-currency always remove your funds from an exchange before it's too late it's very important to understand this.

#534 2023-09-28 21:16:51

Lanistergame2

CrytoCynthia;22687 wrote:

There is nothing like a safe, exchange it's important to know this in crypto-currency always remove your funds from an exchange before it's too late it's very important to understand this.

Very true mate but many people don't know this especially newbies, and people still leave their funds on exchange, funds Left on exchange is like majorly the property of the exchange

#535 2023-09-28 21:20:57

KAMSI_UG

Lanistergame2;22694 wrote:

Very true mate but many people don't know this especially newbies, and people still leave their funds on exchange, funds Left on exchange is like majorly the property of the exchange

The fact is Many people have gotten away with leaving their funds on exchanges and nothing has ever happened to them, this doesn't mean it's a safe practice.

#536 2023-09-28 22:09:48

Lanistergame2

KAMSI_UG;22697 wrote:
Lanistergame2;22694 wrote:

The fact is Many people have gotten away with leaving their funds on exchanges and nothing has ever happened to them, this doesn't mean it's a safe practice.

If an exchange get hacked (exchange are always the target of hackers) your coins are at risk of get stolen by the hackers and the exchange may not even surprised you

#537 2023-09-28 22:14:10

KingCRP

Let's throw out minds back to the FTX case where the owner of the exchange actually was using the funds of his customers on his exchange to gamble.

#538 2023-09-30 19:48:17

Comrade

KingCRP;22720 wrote:

Let's throw out minds back to the FTX case where the owner of the exchange actually was using the funds of his customers on his exchange to gamble.

Can we actually say that that was one hell of strategies that virtually evolve to favour some and end up getting people to lost. And i quite remember one large elite of investor once told that but i refuse to believe.

#539 2023-09-30 20:27:24

crpuusd

Comrade;22821 wrote:
KingCRP;22720 wrote:

Can we actually say that that was one hell of strategies that virtually evolve to favour some and end up getting people to lost. And i quite remember one large elite of investor once told that but i refuse to believe.

Its suggested to be a large legal ponzi scheme and which enormously grips people to lost and riches. I wonder how it actually works .

#540 2023-10-01 20:21:44

Kelechi

The reason forums like this are created is to open the eyes of the crypto users to different ways and patterns this Scammers work and operate with and avoid being scammed of any form

#541 2023-10-01 22:19:54

CrytoCynthia

Kelechi;22889 wrote:

The reason forums like this are created is to open the eyes of the crypto users to different ways and patterns this Scammers work and operate with and avoid being scammed of any form

That's very True, I think many people actually don't know you can have your own personal wallet to store yiur cryptocurrency rather leaving them on exchanges.

#542 2023-10-02 20:49:12

Kelechi

CrytoCynthia;22899 wrote:
Kelechi;22889 wrote:

That's very True, I think many people actually don't know you can have your own personal wallet to store yiur cryptocurrency rather leaving them on exchanges.

They prefer to leave their funds at the care of an exchange forgetting anything can go wrong at any time and risk the coin left on an exchange to save it instead of doing the transaction

#543 2023-10-04 00:00:59

oba

Kelechi;22889 wrote:

There are several factors that could contribute to a crypto investor not realizing the need for a personal wallet to store their cryptocurrencies instead of leaving them on exchanges.

#544 2023-10-04 00:04:29

Vastextension

oba;23039 wrote:
Kelechi;22889 wrote:

There are several factors that could contribute to a crypto investor not realizing the need for a personal wallet to store their cryptocurrencies instead of leaving them on exchanges.

Many new or inexperienced investors may not be aware of the risks associated with leaving their cryptocurrencies on exchanges.

#545 2023-10-04 00:04:53

oba

Vastextension;23040 wrote:
oba;23039 wrote:

Many new or inexperienced investors may not be aware of the risks associated with leaving their cryptocurrencies on exchanges.

Yeah but it is all because they might not have received proper education or guidance on the importance of personal wallets.

#546 2023-10-04 00:05:32

Vastextension

oba;23041 wrote:
oba;23039 wrote:

Yeah but it is all because they might not have received proper education or guidance on the importance of personal wallets.

Maybe but i think some crypto investors place a high level of trust in exchanges, assuming that their funds are secure.

#547 2023-10-04 00:06:05

oba

Vastextension;23042 wrote:
oba;23041 wrote:

Maybe but i think some crypto investors place a high level of trust in exchanges, assuming that their funds are secure.

They may not be aware of potential vulnerabilities, such as hacking, exchange failures, or mismanagement, which could lead to the loss of their assets.

#548 2023-10-04 00:06:38

Vastextension

oba;23043 wrote:
oba;23041 wrote:

They may not be aware of potential vulnerabilities, such as hacking, exchange failures, or mismanagement, which could lead to the loss of their assets.

Leaving cryptocurrencies on exchanges can be more convenient for some investors who frequently trade or require quick access to their funds.

#549 2023-10-04 00:08:22

oba

Vastextension;23044 wrote:
oba;23043 wrote:

Leaving cryptocurrencies on exchanges can be more convenient for some investors who frequently trade or require quick access to their funds.

They might prefer the ease of managing their assets within the exchange platform and be unaware of the security trade-offs involved.

#550 2023-10-04 00:08:51

Vastextension

oba;23045 wrote:
Vastextension;23044 wrote:
oba;23043 wrote:

They might prefer the ease of managing their assets within the exchange platform and be unaware of the security trade-offs involved.

Understanding how to set up and use a personal wallet can be a barrier for some individuals, especially those who are not familiar with the technical aspects of cryptocurrencies.

Board footer