Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#551 2023-10-04 00:09:38

oba

Re: Warning: Don’t leave your funds on an exchange/crypto service

Vastextension;23046 wrote:
oba;23045 wrote:
Vastextension;23044 wrote:

Leaving cryptocurrencies on exchanges can be more convenient for some investors who frequently trade or require quick access to their funds.

They might prefer the ease of managing their assets within the exchange platform and be unaware of the security trade-offs involved.

Understanding how to set up and use a personal wallet can be a barrier for some individuals, especially those who are not familiar with the technical aspects of cryptocurrencies.

They might find it overwhelming or complicated, leading them to rely on exchanges instead.

#552 2023-10-04 00:10:49

Vastextension

oba;23047 wrote:
oba;23045 wrote:

They might prefer the ease of managing their assets within the exchange platform and be unaware of the security trade-offs involved.

Understanding how to set up and use a personal wallet can be a barrier for some individuals, especially those who are not familiar with the technical aspects of cryptocurrencies.

They might find it overwhelming or complicated, leading them to rely on exchanges instead.

Investors may falsely believe that exchanges provide sufficient security measures to protect their funds.

#553 2023-10-04 00:11:04

oba

Vastextension;23048 wrote:
oba;23047 wrote:

Investors may falsely believe that exchanges provide sufficient security measures to protect their funds.

They might assume that the exchange's custodial services are adequate, thus not realizing the added security benefits of owning a personal wallet.

#554 2023-10-04 00:12:00

Vastextension

oba;23049 wrote:
oba;23047 wrote:

They might assume that the exchange's custodial services are adequate, thus not realizing the added security benefits of owning a personal wallet.

To address these issues and encourage investors to use personal wallets, it is crucial to raise awareness through educational campaigns, investor guides, and community support.

#555 2023-10-04 00:12:23

oba

Vastextension;23050 wrote:
oba;23049 wrote:

To address these issues and encourage investors to use personal wallets, it is crucial to raise awareness through educational campaigns, investor guides, and community support.

Emphasizing the importance of security, control, and ownership of assets can help individuals understand the value of personal wallets.

#556 2023-10-04 00:13:00

Vastextension

oba;23051 wrote:
oba;23049 wrote:

Emphasizing the importance of security, control, and ownership of assets can help individuals understand the value of personal wallets.

Furthermore, simplifying wallet setup and providing user-friendly interfaces can make it more accessible for investors with limited technical knowledge.

#557 2023-10-04 04:52:27

Comrade

Vastextension;23052 wrote:
oba;23051 wrote:

Furthermore, simplifying wallet setup and providing user-friendly interfaces can make it more accessible for investors with limited technical knowledge.

Each few giving guide are pretty much accountable for safe user accessibility and maintenance. Few proceedings can help to save a lot of damage.

#558 2023-10-04 16:11:40

crpuusd

Proper arithmetic guide can create a strong structural  long life span for such wallets without any flaws and biological factors effect.

#559 2023-10-04 16:24:02

Europ

crpuusd;23076 wrote:

Proper arithmetic guide can create a strong structural  long life span for such wallets without any flaws and biological factors effect.

The biological factors of keeping a paper wallet should be very well considered in other not to end up loosing someone fund in a wallet that can actually plea to bateria when not properly maintain.

#560 2023-10-04 16:29:01

gap

Europ;23082 wrote:
crpuusd;23076 wrote:

The biological factors of keeping a paper wallet should be very well considered in other not to end up loosing someone fund in a wallet that can actually plea to bateria when not properly maintain.

If its store in a right place or a well sustainable environment then there will be no fuss on worrying about the chemical change of the textile components of the wallet.

#561 2023-10-05 21:22:00

Kelechi

For me, I learnt when I started to know about cryptocurrency and there is this saying that not your seed phrase not your walle, your funds are not safe of left in a crypto wallet rather than funds

#562 2023-10-05 21:27:32

KAMSI_UG

Kelechi;23125 wrote:

For me, I learnt when I started to know about cryptocurrency and there is this saying that not your seed phrase not your walle, your funds are not safe of left in a crypto wallet rather than funds

Yes mate not your seed phrase definitely not your wallet and this has to do especially when those that leave their coins on an exchange

#563 2023-10-08 16:34:23

Comrade

It quite alarming that this warning has been elaborate in different ways and haven't get to happen that users have quite lost there fund on the exchange  so i believe there won't be any record as well in the future.

#564 2023-10-08 18:02:13

crpuusd

Comrade;23224 wrote:

It quite alarming that this warning has been elaborate in different ways and haven't get to happen that users have quite lost there fund on the exchange  so i believe there won't be any record as well in the future.

Lets believe so. Thats if actually users consider sticking to such a preventive  measures and to those new to the cypton coin exchange as well.

#565 2023-10-08 18:26:05

Kelechi

crpuusd;23235 wrote:
Comrade;23224 wrote:

Lets believe so. Thats if actually users consider sticking to such a preventive  measures and to those new to the cypton coin exchange as well.

I think it’s only being given the wrong information that would make a newbie jump right into coin exchange or investment without going through their rules or doing a background research on an exchange before that. Unless the person wants to willingly loose his/her coin

#566 2023-10-08 19:46:02

crpuusd

Kelechi;23236 wrote:
crpuusd;23235 wrote:
Comrade;23224 wrote:

I think it’s only being given the wrong information that would make a newbie jump right into coin exchange or investment without going through their rules or doing a background research on an exchange before that. Unless the person wants to willingly loose his/her coin

One thing i believe is that there are always going to be such people who are going to be new with the coin and considered to reserve their coin in the exchange.

#567 2023-10-08 19:52:21

Europ

crpuusd;23241 wrote:
Kelechi;23236 wrote:
crpuusd;23235 wrote:

One thing i believe is that there are always going to be such people who are going to be new with the coin and considered to reserve their coin in the exchange.

If eventually such people get to choose storing their coin on the exchange irrespective of not knowing what the rules as said about the storage of coin then they might be either safe or might get to fall inline with such alarming warning.

#568 2023-10-08 21:23:02

gap

You can fall victim of storing coin if there are actually some breach in data or probably some maintenance updates, but its not a regular situation neither have i witness a complain about a single lost in exchange.

#569 2023-10-08 21:27:36

CrytoCynthia

gap;23256 wrote:

You can fall victim of storing coin if there are actually some breach in data or probably some maintenance updates, but its not a regular situation neither have i witness a complain about a single lost in exchange.

I believe this has to do with you storing coin on an exchange, the risk are high and I think it is foolishness in the first place to store your coin on an exchange.

#570 2023-10-08 21:30:20

gap

CrytoCynthia;23260 wrote:
gap;23256 wrote:

I believe this has to do with you storing coin on an exchange, the risk are high and I think it is foolishness in the first place to store your coin on an exchange.

Have you ever store your fund on an exchange? Or probably have you heard about someone falling victims of lost in the process.

#571 2023-10-08 22:27:58

Europ

gap;23263 wrote:
gap;23256 wrote:

Have you ever store your fund on an exchange? Or probably have you heard about someone falling victims of lost in the process.

Security is more important than every other aspect of life and businesses cause no matter how rich a person can be of their are always need for security.

#572 2023-10-08 22:31:20

CrytoCynthia

Europ;23309 wrote:
gap;23263 wrote:

Security is more important than every other aspect of life and businesses cause no matter how rich a person can be of their are always need for security.

I have to support this. You can have 100million but if it's stolen you definitely have nothing, I think it is always important for cryptocurrency enthusiast to focus more on their security in crypto.

#573 2023-10-09 18:08:15

KAMSI_UG

CrytoCynthia;23311 wrote:
Europ;23309 wrote:
gap;23263 wrote:

I have to support this. You can have 100million but if it's stolen you definitely have nothing, I think it is always important for cryptocurrency enthusiast to focus more on their security in crypto.

Utopia p2p is one of the few projects that has prioritize security and that's great I see their features as a very protected one.

#574 2023-10-09 19:07:10

Kelechi

KAMSI_UG;23337 wrote:
Europ;23309 wrote:

Utopia p2p is one of the few projects that has prioritize security and that's great I see their features as a very protected one.

I agree with you mate, having a secured service provided by a project should be a a priority, other values comes after security when one is considering being part of a project

#575 2023-10-10 23:26:41

Vastextension

Europ;23309 wrote:
gap;23263 wrote:

For crypto enthusiasts looking to enhance their security in cryptocurrency-related activities it is better to choose a reliable and secure cryptocurrency wallet to store your digital assets.

Board footer