uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-13 14:20:09

oba

Question about Ai

I believe we all know and hear news going around the internet about the Ai ecosystem being a life-changing movement and how it will change human working power.
I want to ask a question about a particular Ai called the ChatGpt which seems to hype lately. What are you thought about it? Do people hype? Does it provide an excellent service?

#2 2023-01-13 14:40:21

thrive

Re: Question about Ai

Yes, Ai is doing an excellent job by making it easy for a lot of people in all field of operations but the Ai ecosystem are somehow over hype because the machine works almost like a Search engine. I mean it provides result just like Google etc. Although things may change in the future.

#3 2023-01-13 16:13:20

KingCRP

Ai meaning artificial intelligence right? Well I appreciate the fact that the world is going technically in so many ways but from what I have read about the artificial intelligence I am not completely impressed, it’s probably going to take jobs away from people.

#4 2023-01-13 16:30:11

KAMSI_UG

Ai artificial intelligence is programmed by humans and is never perfect, I don’t want a world ran by artificial intelligence. It’s not going to be nice for people who would lose their jobs in the process.

#5 2023-01-13 18:05:18

oba

KAMSI_UG;2977 wrote:

Ai artificial intelligence is programmed by humans and is never perfect, I don’t want a world ran by artificial intelligence. It’s not going to be nice for people who would lose their jobs in the process.

I can see that you guy's main point is the possibility of people losing their job and according to what the first user said there seems to be some drawback with the capacity of the Ai machine. Just to be if this is true, do we have someone that has used the ChatGPT on here that could tell us how good the result was?

#6 2023-01-13 18:44:45

Detroit

AI is very good. They help us overcome so many challenges we humans can because we need to focus our brains on other things.
But I've come to realize that AIs are overhyped and they cause some major havoc to humans. These havocs range from making youths of these days very lazy to them taking over the world.  That is seeing humans as enemies or rivals. This may seem like a movie but I see it going in that direction.

#7 2023-01-13 19:11:47

Camavinga

I don’t have any problems with AI or ChatGPT, if it helps people do their jobs faster and aids individuals in their research, just as Google does, then it is a welcome development. I have always said it, and also thought about it that very soon computers and robots would start taking human jobs, they perform the job faster and probably better, i don’t know if it is a good or bad thing, but it is something that will happen someday.

#8 2023-01-13 19:47:29

Kelechi

Camavinga;2999 wrote:

I don’t have any problems with AI or ChatGPT, if it helps people do their jobs faster and aids individuals in their research, just as Google does, then it is a welcome development. I have always said it, and also thought about it that very soon computers and robots would start taking human jobs, they perform the job faster and probably better, i don’t know if it is a good or bad thing, but it is something that will happen someday.

Well you don't have a problem with the artificial intelligence right now because it hasn't taken away your job just yet, but I assure you if you where amongst the many that would be left jobless due to the ai then you would understand it's not really the best option.

#9 2023-01-13 20:04:47

KAMSI_UG

Kelechi;3006 wrote:
Camavinga;2999 wrote:

Well you don't have a problem with the artificial intelligence right now because it hasn't taken away your job just yet, but I assure you if you where amongst the many that would be left jobless due to the ai then you would understand it's not really the best option.

Artificial intelligence seem to be the solution to many problems that we face, I see many people are excited about what the artificial intelligence may offer but let’s still be aware that it could still be a trap.

#10 2023-01-13 20:43:03

JONSNOWING

Now I see artificial intelligence is trending. I have nothing against it's, artificial intelligence has helped in many sectors like the medical line for example and If we keep developing it on other sectors then we would value it more.

#11 2023-01-13 21:03:45

Lanistergame2

Kelechi;3006 wrote:

Artificial intelligence is way more than what it is portrayed to be and has undergone a lot of improvements within the last 5 years to a decade.

And talking about it stealing people's jobs, it s also creating jobs for a huge number of people in software designing and tech and making lives better for the general public. There would always be demand for the human touch, AI would only give us more time to fully use our minds and apply it to relevant fields.

#12 2023-01-14 14:02:52

Detroit

Lanistergame2;3040 wrote:
Kelechi;3006 wrote:

Artificial intelligence is way more than what it is portrayed to be and has undergone a lot of improvements within the last 5 years to a decade.

And talking about it stealing people's jobs, it s also creating jobs for a huge number of people in software designing and tech and making lives better for the general public. There would always be demand for the human touch, AI would only give us more time to fully use our minds and apply it to relevant fields.

The jobs AIs has generated are far less than the job they've taken away.
These AIs make a lot of people jobless.
We're talking about people only form or source of livelihood.
It's heartbreaking and it hurts more that people are not seeing the dangers AIs are bringing to humanity.

#13 2023-01-14 16:21:36

CrytoCynthia

Artificial intelligence would only take away jobs from humans, and it would only favor the rich, I don’t welcome this development if you ask me and I think it should not be predominantly use.

#14 2023-01-14 18:34:40

full

oba;2981 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;2977 wrote:

I can see that you guy's main point is the possibility of people losing their job and according to what the first user said there seems to be some drawback with the capacity of the Ai machine. Just to be if this is true, do we have someone that has used the ChatGPT on here that could tell us how good the result was?

I have used the ChatGpt. Honestly all the Ai application machine are hyped than the service they render. Yes, it good application but its results are not still accurate. For example I ask ChatGpt question about Utopia p2p this is what it provided.

Utopia p2p is a secure and anonymous peer-to-peer (P2P) network and ecosystem. It is designed to provide users with a safe, private and secure way to communicate, collaborate, store and share data. Utopia p2p is a decentralized platform that runs on a distributed network of nodes. It provides users with an encrypted, anonymous and secure environment for communication, collaboration, data storage and sharing. Utopia p2p is free and open source, so users can customize it to their needs. The platform is designed to be self-sustaining, using a distributed consensus system to protect users’ data and privacy. Additionally, Utopia p2p is designed to be censorship-resistant, meaning that it is not possible for any party to block or filter content on the platform. Utopia p2p also provides users with a range of tools and services, including a secure, anonymous email service and an encrypted file sharing system. With Utopia p2p, users can remain anonymous and secure while enjoying a range of innovative, decentralized services.

#15 2023-01-14 18:43:14

Lanistergame2

Detroit;3049 wrote:

It's heartbreaking and it hurts more that people are not seeing the dangers AIs are bringing to humanity.

It depends on how you look at it. The way I see it, all humans have the capacity to do great things with their mind and build amazing stuffs. Having a personal assistant that takes lots of the load of daily living allows us more time to harmonize our mind.

This of course does not mean everyone must be a creator or a tech engineer, and unskilled laborers would mostly be out of jobs, but after while I expect the world will adjust.

#16 2023-01-14 21:19:52

KingCRP

Lanistergame2;3091 wrote:
Detroit;3049 wrote:

It depends on how you look at it. The way I see it, all humans have the capacity to do great things with their mind and build amazing stuffs. Having a personal assistant that takes lots of the load of daily living allows us more time to harmonize our mind.

This of course does not mean everyone must be a creator or a tech engineer, and unskilled laborers would mostly be out of jobs, but after while I expect the world will adjust.

How about while you try to harmonize your mind you lose your next meal mate. Artificial intelligence may not probably affect the higher class of people because they probably don’t work for money they let money work for them.

#17 2023-01-14 21:30:21

Kelechi

Artificial intelligence may get so advance that it would be used as nurses in the hospital settings and it would cause massive Loss of jobs.

#18 2023-01-16 19:10:07

JONSNOWING

Kelechi;3135 wrote:

Artificial intelligence may get so advance that it would be used as nurses in the hospital settings and it would cause massive Loss of jobs.

Yes this is so true and it's a big possibility although anything that threatens the job if people should not be accepted of you ask me because we need more employment rather than a reduction.

#19 2023-01-17 16:06:30

Detroit

JONSNOWING;3328 wrote:

Yes this is so true and it's a big possibility although anything that threatens the job if people should not be accepted of you ask me because we need more employment rather than a reduction.

Exactly my point.

Employers and the government should look for a way to generate more jobs not reduce them. These individuals have families to feed. If these people mention how many people are living off that little salary you will shock.

#20 2023-01-17 20:11:48

Kelechi

Well AI services can only or should only be an option when the task needs a metallic hand like something that is physically too much for a human being

#21 2023-01-17 22:40:44

thrive

Kelechi;3413 wrote:

Well AI services can only or should only be an option when the task needs a metallic hand like something that is physically too much for a human being

The result provided above shows that the Ai service is just like how Google and other search engine provided it result when using it to search. Therefore, I support what you said and it relieves that humans won't lose their job though.
big_smile

#22 2023-01-18 04:41:52

Lanistergame2

KingCRP;3131 wrote:

How about while you try to harmonize your mind you lose your next meal mate. Artificial intelligence may not probably affect the higher class of people because they probably don’t work for money they let money work for them.

The spread of AI like many innovations out there would start very slowly and get adopted even slower. This would give the world enough time to fully adjust to the effects, benefits and consequences.

I am not in support of unskilled and even skilled laborers losing their jobs, but it s almost an inevitable change as we have to survive it, one way or the other.

#23 2023-01-18 08:48:36

CrytoCynthia

Lanistergame2;3451 wrote:
KingCRP;3131 wrote:

The spread of AI like many innovations out there would start very slowly and get adopted even slower. This would give the world enough time to fully adjust to the effects, benefits and consequences.

I am not in support of unskilled and even skilled laborers losing their jobs, but it s almost an inevitable change as we have to survive it, one way or the other.

Well in as much as I don’t buy the idea of the artificial intelligence stuff running jobs meant for humans, I think the possibilities of it happening is very large and right now it’s probably going to happen.

#24 2023-01-18 09:37:25

Detroit

CrytoCynthia;3457 wrote:

Well in as much as I don’t buy the idea of the artificial intelligence stuff running jobs meant for humans, I think the possibilities of it happening is very large and right now it’s probably going to happen.

Someone like Elon musk has a lot of AIs that do jobs for him. He's in a good position to push the era of AIs.
These things affect him positively. He's a businessman. Having employees will require him to pay them. So he will rather create more AIs to do his job for him and try to maximize his profit.

#25 2023-01-18 19:26:54

full

Detroit;3458 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;3457 wrote:

Someone like Elon musk has a lot of AIs that do jobs for him. He's in a good position to push the era of AIs.
These things affect him positively. He's a businessman. Having employees will require him to pay them. So he will rather create more AIs to do his job for him and try to maximize his profit.

Don't believe in FUD buddy where do get the information about Elon Musk having a lot of Ai that handling his jobs for him? Elon Musk is a simple person and he never spends money on something that is not very valuable that's why he has the idea of reducing some of the Twitter staff when he takes over as boss.
If you check the example of the Ai result I posted above you will that Ai can only make jobs easier but they 100% cannot handle the job

Board footer