uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-28 09:08:18

ptkhuongts

Idea: Build a social network in Utopia

I proposed this idea because, currently wish we have everything from email, chat ... but still lack an extremely important platform like Facebook, Twitter.

Why don't we build a Utopia-branded platform like what Facebook and Twitter are doing.

#2 2021-01-29 22:18:00

TheMerchant

Re: Idea: Build a social network in Utopia

That sounds like a great idea. Capitalize on the values and principles of the Utopia ecosystem to build a social service within the network--something that allows people to express themselves and connect with others without compromising privacy or security.

What kinds of services or opportunities do you envision the new site offering that are beyond the scope of what is already built into Utopia? (channels, direct messaging, etc.)

"Honour Above Greed" -TheMerchant

#3 2021-02-03 10:38:15

ptkhuongts

We need to have more advanced features than the ones we already have. In addition to direct messaging, voice call, emailing; We need a platform where people can share their states, their joys, their sorrows, where they can save their memories, make video calls ...

In general, we can run out of features that Facebook currently has on Utopia. But we do it Utopia's way. An unregulated social media platform.

#4 2021-02-13 17:01:14

TheMerchant

Yes, voice and video calls would be tremendous future enhancements.

#5 2021-03-26 16:06:13

iWm

Sounds really good.. I'm down if you can use me (Programmer for 25 years).  Be nice to get rid of FB and Twitter.

#6 2021-03-27 15:03:58

iWm

Games seem to be a really quick way get new contributors. Possibly development via gaming (just a thought).

#7 2021-07-08 03:10:52

nil

Games are a good way to draw people in. Gamification has many benefits when implemented correctly.

It would also be quite interesting to see some of the resulting loads and discovering the various limitations.

#8 2021-07-18 21:29:14

unary

ptkhuongts;261 wrote:

We need a platform where people can share their states, their joys, their sorrows, where they can save their memories, make video calls ...

This kind of social activities tend to define identity.

#9 2021-09-04 21:24:32

TheMerchant

Anyone wishing to contribute to the ecosystem is welcome to.
API Help: utopia://help/?api API Implementation Guide: https://u.is/api_instructions.pdf
DeepLinks Help: utopia://help/?deeplinks DeepLinks Demo Site: utopia://deeplinks
Website Hosting: utopia://readme/#idyll
Support: https://support.u.is

#10 2021-09-20 08:52:01

youtube

I don't like to say this, but you can do something like open profiles in utopia, where you will see your friends, your channels where you are, but I don't like this idea at all

#11 2021-09-20 09:19:36

Makedonskiy

a good idea. An uncensored social network is what we need!

#12 2021-09-20 15:02:58

Unstressed

I will support the idea! It's high time already.

#13 2021-10-31 14:25:23

Elon

TheMerchant;328 wrote:

Yes, voice and video calls would be tremendous future enhancements.

do you think video call features will be good for utopia? because the anonymity aspect and privacy things are the short highlights of utopia. CMIIW

#14 2021-12-13 08:35:58

Cromanes

ptkhuongts;224 wrote:

I proposed this idea because, currently wish we have everything from email, chat ... but still lack an extremely important platform like Facebook, Twitter.

Why don't we build a Utopia-branded platform like what Facebook and Twitter are doing.

Any details?

#15 2021-12-13 08:54:05

Cromanes

TheMerchant;236 wrote:

That sounds like a great idea. Capitalize on the values and principles of the Utopia ecosystem to build a social service within the network--something that allows people to express themselves and connect with others without compromising privacy or security.

What kinds of services or opportunities do you envision the new site offering that are beyond the scope of what is already built into Utopia? (channels, direct messaging, etc.)

I would like an anonymous search service like the functionality of Google, but anonymously.

#16 2022-06-12 18:07:28

N3koSempai

I also support the idea. I am a programmer in several languages. It would be nice to include web3 in that Social network to allow games with Crypton as a form of payment.

I am a software developer in C/C++ and Python

#17 2023-01-14 14:53:28

Detroit

ptkhuongts;224 wrote:

That is a great idea.
But I feel it won't yield the kind of result we wish for.
There is a lot of shit that makes Twitter and Facebook grow that this community can't handle. I think this forum is the best we can have.
It is just a personal opinion though.

#18 2023-01-14 16:33:54

Camavinga

ptkhuongts;224 wrote:

Facebook, twitter, IG and all are all centralized companies and projects, they are a whole lot different than utopia that is decentralized and privacy-oriented, i am sorry, utopia cannot do things in a similar way as them, have you forgotten that there is no such thing as kyc upon registration in utopia, that is why there is no email and other stuffs that break users privacy. If you value your privacy, you would love utopia ecosystem.

#19 2023-05-23 11:59:35

JONSNOWING

I think Utopia is trying it’s best to add more branded content to what have been known to be existing before now while carefully trying to protect its users privacy, and Investors wouldn’t like a public network system for the sake of security reasons

#20 2023-05-23 15:05:55

oba

Camavinga;3078 wrote:
ptkhuongts;224 wrote:

Facebook, twitter, IG and all are all centralized companies and projects, they are a whole lot different than utopia that is decentralized and privacy-oriented, i am sorry, utopia cannot do things in a similar way as them, have you forgotten that there is no such thing as kyc upon registration in utopia, that is why there is no email and other stuffs that break users privacy. If you value your privacy, you would love utopia ecosystem.

I believe the user already knows that the UtopiaP2P ecosystem is a total privacy focus project and there's no way they can operate like the centralized social media platform listed although they may create a social network but it will never have some functionality we can find on a centralized social media network.

#21 2023-05-23 16:18:33

Vastextension

oba;9852 wrote:
Camavinga;3078 wrote:
ptkhuongts;224 wrote:

I believe the user already knows that the UtopiaP2P ecosystem is a total privacy focus project and there's no way they can operate like the centralized social media platform listed although they may create a social network but it will never have some functionality we can find on a centralized social media network.

Yes, it is easy for every user of the Utopia ecosystem to know that privacy, security, and decentralization is the main priority of the project. However, I think the user wants some goods than the previous concept that's the reason why he/she requests social media.

#22 2023-05-23 20:24:12

IyaJJJ

Vastextension;9861 wrote:
oba;9852 wrote:
Camavinga;3078 wrote:

Yes, it is easy for every user of the Utopia ecosystem to know that privacy, security, and decentralization is the main priority of the project. However, I think the user wants some goods than the previous concept that's the reason why he/she requests social media.

I believe any user on the UtopiaP2P application or on this forum that didn't know the UtopiaP2P project was about liberation and privacy at the top level definitely doesn't read the project manifesto cause it's clearly stated there.

#23 2023-05-23 23:45:27

thrive

JONSNOWING;9840 wrote:

I think Utopia is trying it’s best to add more branded content to what have been known to be existing before now while carefully trying to protect its users privacy, and Investors wouldn’t like a public network system for the sake of security reasons

This is not something to think about because UtopiaP2P always gives us the best and fulfilling its promise which is making privacy available in every setting so that people can enjoy that favorite security with no boundaries.

#24 2023-05-23 23:45:48

joanna

thrive;9994 wrote:
JONSNOWING;9840 wrote:

This is not something to think about because UtopiaP2P always gives us the best and fulfilling its promise which is making privacy available in every setting so that people can enjoy that favorite security with no boundaries.

People enjoying their favorite applications or features is the reason why the UtopiaP2P team integrated ChatGPT so that people from the geographical area where AI is banned can have access to ChatGPT through the UtopiaP2P app.

#25 2023-05-25 01:15:51

full

Vastextension;9861 wrote:
oba;9852 wrote:
Camavinga;3078 wrote:

Ok. The user wants a great invention that's good than the previous services provided by the UtopiaP2P ecosystem but there's a limit to what they can do to maintain the project's privacy and decentralization

Board footer