uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-14 14:14:59

Detroit

What do you enjoy doing outside of crypto?

I want to believe everyone here loves cryptocurrency.
If you don't love it you won't be here.
Apart from crypto and crypto-related, what else makes you happy? What hobbies do you enjoy doing?
I enjoy playing basketball, photography, and snooker.
Nevertheless,  I enjoy being around family and friends.

#2 2023-01-14 16:02:08

Camavinga

Re: What do you enjoy doing outside of crypto?

Well, there is surely more to life than just crypto, and even if i am sure many of us here spend unending hours looking at charts and trying to game the market or to choose what coin is best to invest in, one surely has to have a life outside of crypto. Me i love to read books and increase my knowledge about various things, i also enjoy writing about fascinating things around me too.

#3 2023-01-14 16:23:13

CrytoCynthia

Well if I am not doing cryptocurrency well I a would be thinking about doing cryptocurrency that’s how addicted I am already to this process and it would keep developing.

#4 2023-01-14 17:26:23

KAMSI_UG

I actually don’t do cryptocurrency for a good portion of my day, I always prefer assigning time a day for everything I do and Cryptocurrency has a little bit of that time, I actually have numerous hobbies.

#5 2023-01-14 18:47:27

Lanistergame2

I enjoy sports, video games and reading. My favorite among them would be sports
These are what I spend most of my free time doing when I am not discussing about cryptocurrencies or building my portfolio.

Everyone interested in crypto should have a life outside this and have a distraction to take their mind away from charts and analysis every once in a while.

#6 2023-01-14 20:44:12

JONSNOWING

Well I love sport alot although I don't play professionally I still make out time to use it for my recreational activities, so I think if I am not getting involved in cryptocurrency I would be having some games

#7 2023-01-14 21:28:14

Kelechi

Well can a part time job be regarded as a hobby? I am a scientist and this is what I a passionate about, so when I am not on cryptocurrency I love to work.

#8 2023-01-14 21:38:56

JONSNOWING

Kelechi;3133 wrote:

Well can a part time job be regarded as a hobby? I am a scientist and this is what I a passionate about, so when I am not on cryptocurrency I love to work.

Sure mate if you doing what you love and getting paid for it that makes it's a profitable hobby. But how do you find the gor cryptocurrency as a scientist.

#9 2023-01-15 10:55:51

CrytoCynthia

Well guys since we are on this matter can we talk about what we love most about Cryptocurrency? What’s that Utility we appreciate the most in this ecosystem

#10 2023-01-15 11:39:51

KAMSI_UG

Personally I wished I had known about cryptocurrency way back in 2009 I think probably if I had made good investments by now I would probably have retired.

#11 2023-01-15 12:45:43

Camavinga

KAMSI_UG;3154 wrote:

Personally I wished I had known about cryptocurrency way back in 2009 I think probably if I had made good investments by now I would probably have retired.

It is normal that people would regret because they aren’t early adopters, but i don’t think they should, it is possible that even if some of us were early adopters we would not have held the coins we bought or mined then till now, we would have sold them a long time ago and wouldn’t have benefitted from all time high price. What people should do now is to focus on the present, we are here now, accumulate as much as you can and hold it, the future is brighter than the past.

#12 2023-01-15 14:28:29

Detroit

Camavinga;3159 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;3154 wrote:

It is normal that people would regret because they aren’t early adopters, but i don’t think they should, it is possible that even if some of us were early adopters we would not have held the coins we bought or mined then till now, we would have sold them a long time ago and wouldn’t have benefitted from all time high price. What people should do now is to focus on the present, we are here now, accumulate as much as you can and hold it, the future is brighter than the past.

Well said, mate.
The majority of people focus on the past in how much cryptocurrency was worth back then and the price it has attained now. I'll encourage everyone to forget about the past and focus on the future because the best is yet to come.

#13 2023-01-15 19:16:12

Lanistergame2

KAMSI_UG;3154 wrote:

Everyone wishes they had known about cryptocurrency earlier and regret not joining bitcoin early enough, so much so that they miss out on projects which have lots of potential and which are still early in its growth, and when they do find such projects they end up selling as soon as there is a market dip.

Rather than regretting, we can look forward and look towards future potential gems.

#14 2023-01-16 10:51:00

Camavinga

Detroit;3175 wrote:

I'll encourage everyone to forget about the past and focus on the future because the best is yet to come.

Even though it isn’t really an easy thing to do, i will advise everyone to forget about what they think they missed in the past and look to what they can gain in the future, the crypto network is still new, so why worry about what happens some years ago when there is surely many years to come. The time to study the Utopia network and try to make the best out of it is now.

#15 2023-01-17 21:02:02

JONSNOWING

Well for now I enjoy music, I have always had great love good music and if I am not serious with Cryptocurrency I would be on my headphones listening to good music.

#16 2023-01-18 05:00:05

Lanistergame2

JONSNOWING;3424 wrote:

<p>Well for now I enjoy music, I have always had great love good music and if I am not serious with Cryptocurrency I would be on my headphones listening to good music.</p>

Or you could combine both. Music can help one focus and actually be in the mood for deep work, like trading or discussing crypto knowledge.

I use a lot of music for different moods; work out, deep focus, light moos and even to sleep better, you just need the right mix.

#17 2023-01-18 07:55:43

Detroit

Lanistergame2;3453 wrote:

I use a lot of music for different moods; work out, deep focus, light moos and even to sleep better, you just need the right mix.

Yeah,  music can be very therapeutic. I listen to music for about ten hours every day. It helps me stay focused on doing a lot of things.  I can't imagine my day without music.

#18 2023-01-18 17:48:37

Camavinga

Does anyone do day-trading of crypto for fun, i know day-trading is serious business and requires knowledge and commitment, i also know there are poeple who take it as their full time job. But there are other set of people who do day-trading just for fun, they use it to learn how to time the market and to know the crypto that has potential and the one that does not, though this group do not put a lot of money into it.

#19 2023-01-18 18:09:31

CrytoCynthia

Camavinga;3472 wrote:

Does anyone do day-trading of crypto for fun, i know day-trading is serious business and requires knowledge and commitment, i also know there are poeple who take it as their full time job. But there are other set of people who do day-trading just for fun, they use it to learn how to time the market and to know the crypto that has potential and the one that does not, though this group do not put a lot of money into it.

Really that’s hilarious, how is that even possible, trading is a very important financial commitment, you can’t just say you trading for fun when you can actually loose a lot.

#20 2023-01-18 20:17:40

Detroit

Camavinga;3472 wrote:

Once in a while, I do trading just but just for fun, I don't know how to play a serious game. I find it a bit complex.
Probably because I've not put my mind to it properly.

#21 2023-01-18 20:21:44

KAMSI_UG

Well guys apart from Cryptocurrency what are you other choices of investment that has actually been working for you guys giving good returns on investment.

#22 2023-01-18 20:29:52

Detroit

KAMSI_UG;3512 wrote:

Well guys apart from Cryptocurrency what are you other choices of investment that has actually been working for you guys giving good returns on investment.

Real estate has been doing great right from day one and they are still on point up to this point. 
Land and housing can never get obsolete because we will always need to live in a house or own one.

#23 2023-01-18 21:27:25

Kelechi

Detroit;3516 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;3512 wrote:

Real estate has been doing great right from day one and they are still on point up to this point. 
Land and housing can never get obsolete because we will always need to live in a house or own one.

Real estate is forever a Golden investment opportunities, but I am not yet involved in it due to lack of capital for now

#24 2023-01-19 06:33:58

Lanistergame2

Camavinga;3472 wrote:

I practice demo trading some of the time just for fun, but without any real investment I cannot consider myself a day trader, it is just more of like a game I play when I am bored to test the difficulty levels and how much I can make.

Maybe one day, I will trade with real cash and emotions and test out how good I would be under pressure.

#25 2023-01-19 12:02:45

thrive

Lanistergame2;3541 wrote:
Camavinga;3472 wrote:

I practice demo trading some of the time just for fun, but without any real investment I cannot consider myself a day trader, it is just more of like a game I play when I am bored to test the difficulty levels and how much I can make.

Maybe one day, I will trade with real cash and emotions and test out how good I would be under pressure.

In cryptocurrency trading especially the trading setting there's nothing like doing it for fun because it is a serious business and some people even consider it to be gambling due to the risk involved.
Having said that, I personally don't like cryptocurrency trading because it consumes time and that's why I choose investment over trading.

Board footer