uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-19 06:38:38

Lanistergame2

Online and Offline feature now available

There was a thread created a couple of weeks ago about there not being an online or offline notification for forum users to know who is currently active and who is not.
Here - https://talk.u.is/viewtopic.php?pid=3540#p3540

There were discussions there, of which I participated myself with users giving their own opinions and suggestions.
I woke up today and logged into uTalk as I am wont to do and noticed the feature has been added.

Did anyone notice it before today?
What do you think about the addition?
For me it shows the responsiveness of the team.

#2 2023-01-19 09:48:03

CrytoCynthia

Re: Online and Offline feature now available

Yes mate the offline and online topic was created and we actually needed it but I don’t think it’s a new thread, because offline and online has been active before now, what wasn’t was the last seen.

#3 2023-01-19 13:36:09

Detroit

Lanistergame2;3542 wrote:

There was a thread created a couple of weeks ago about there not being an online or offline notification for forum users to know who is currently active and who is not.

There were discussions there, of which I participated myself with users giving their own opinions and suggestions.
I woke up today and logged into uTalk as I am wont to do and noticed the feature has been added.

It is a cool addition by the way
Also, that feature has been here for sometime before now.
But it is a good thing if they listen to our suggestions.

#4 2023-01-19 14:57:26

CrytoCynthia

Detroit;3560 wrote:
Lanistergame2;3542 wrote:

It is a cool addition by the way
Also, that feature has been here for sometime before now.
But it is a good thing if they listen to our suggestions.

Well mate it’s already there, I mean the online and offline was already a feature that came as a default already on the forum but what would be a good addition is the one i talked about last seen

#5 2023-01-19 17:33:27

Camavinga

Has it really been added, i know i can see the offline under some members username, and honestly i can’t really remember if i saw it there before or if it was recently added, if you are correct, then i can say congratulations that something was implemented. I am yet to see online under someone’s username, but i will keep looking, i can say the forum is really growing.

#6 2023-01-19 17:56:13

KingCRP

Camavinga;3603 wrote:

Has it really been added, i know i can see the offline under some members username, and honestly i can’t really remember if i saw it there before or if it was recently added, if you are correct, then i can say congratulations that something was implemented. I am yet to see online under someone’s username, but i will keep looking, i can say the forum is really growing.

The last seen hasn’t yet been added although I think some members were not sure if it’s necessary because the online and offline system is already there

#7 2023-01-19 18:02:19

Dozie

I will like to know what makes CRP unique and what makes it different from other privacy coin

#8 2023-01-19 18:32:05

Lanistergame2

Camavinga;3603 wrote:

I am in the same boat, I only just noticed it and was undecided if it has been a feature for a while now or if it was just added as a response to users suggestion. Seems it has been added for a while now already.

And yes, online does appear if the user is online at the time of viewing.

#9 2023-01-20 17:47:33

joanna

Lanistergame2;3615 wrote:
Camavinga;3603 wrote:

I am in the same boat, I only just noticed it and was undecided if it has been a feature for a while now or if it was just added as a response to users suggestion. Seems it has been added for a while now already.

And yes, online does appear if the user is online at the time of viewing.

I never notice if the feature was added before or not but to avoid this type of misconception in the future I think it will be better if we have an announcement topic just like there uNews on the Utopia application client where the new feature that's added to the forum will be made known to the public.

#10 2023-01-20 18:49:45

CrytoCynthia

It would be crazy if the forum has not added offline and online it would have been very weird, but now we want more and that’s for them to add when someone was last seen on line.

#11 2023-01-20 19:22:28

level

CrytoCynthia;3545 wrote:

Yes mate the offline and online topic was created and we actually needed it but I don’t think it’s a new thread, because offline and online has been active before now, what wasn’t was the last seen.

To make sure I comprehend everything you two are saying. Do you mean to say that the offline and online indication was added to this forum before or after the discussion was started because the topic's creator was saying something and you seemed to be saying something that contradicted his statement?

#12 2023-01-20 19:29:16

Camavinga

When this thread was made i said i was yet to see the online status under any member’s username, but i was not the one checking well, or maybe when i was checking there weren’t too many people online, so i couldn’t see it, but i can state now that indeed when a member is online or offline it displays under their username.

#13 2023-01-20 19:31:43

Dozie

I'm new here and I want to know if it will be possible to pass admin rights

#14 2023-01-28 23:10:16

joanna

Dozie;3700 wrote:

If you're talking about passing admin right on the Utopia application channel, yes. The creator of the channel will need to add the new admin as the channel moderator and he/she will leave the channel.

#15 2023-01-29 18:16:45

IyaJJJ

joanna;4002 wrote:
Dozie;3700 wrote:

If you're talking about passing admin right on the Utopia application channel, yes. The creator of the channel will need to add the new admin as the channel moderator and he/she will leave the channel.

I have never seen anyone do this on the channels we have in the Utopia p2p application client but this strategy should work since it is something I have once done with the telegram channel.

#16 2023-01-29 18:22:14

CrytoCynthia

Dozie;3700 wrote:

Hey mate there is no official statement from Utopia p2p on this matter so we don’t know yet if it’s legal or illegal but it’s most likely not against the rule but it should be considered morally wrong.

#17 2023-01-29 18:23:37

full

joanna;4002 wrote:
Dozie;3700 wrote:

Despite the long span of time, I have joined the Utopia p2p ecosystem I have seen any user of the ecosystem come up with this idea. You are a smart person.
There's no way this idea won't work.

#18 2023-01-29 20:26:39

joanna

IyaJJJ;4045 wrote:
joanna;4002 wrote:
Dozie;3700 wrote:

I have never seen anyone do this on the channels we have in the Utopia p2p application client but this strategy should work since it is something I have once done with the telegram channel.

It defintely work and I also develop the idea from telegram but since Utopia p2p is a privacy focus project i dont know if the user that the admin right was passed to wont be restriction from some features on the channel.

#19 2023-01-29 20:28:25

JONSNOWING

Well we can't deliberate in this issue since we aren't part of the team running the ecosystem but my own annoyance in this issue is that the channel wasn't just passed down to someone it was actually sold.

#20 2023-05-20 07:08:45

Comrade

I was hoping if we are all accredited avatar or rank and values are added to individual just to keep up the work and manage the group for the better future of the ecosystem. Or what do you all think?

#21 2023-05-20 20:15:45

Camavinga

Comrade;9315 wrote:

I was hoping if we are all accredited avatar or rank and values are added to individual just to keep up the work and manage the group for the better future of the ecosystem. Or what do you all think?

That will be an absolutely brilliant idea. It takes a lot for them to add features to the forum but if they do this,  it will boost the post quality here.

#22 2023-05-21 20:26:21

KingCRP

Well I have tried the offline features and it's not working from my location, I am not sad or worried about that because I have always known that the offline service would not work from my region.

#23 2023-05-23 22:49:04

Detroit

Exchanges hold huge amounts of cryptocurrency on behalf of their users, so hackers target them constantly, using exploits, phishing emails, and social engineering attacks. If a cryptocurrency exchange is breached, coins stored in the exchange's hot wallets can be stolen.

#24 2023-05-23 23:19:50

CrytoCynthia

What does the offline features means, I have tried to put off my data and see if that's what it means but still I can access the Utopia p2p ecosystem while my data is offed

#25 2023-05-25 07:18:39

JONSNOWING

What does the offline feature offer over the online features, I mean can one still be able to follow up current posts while using the offline features. Who has accessed both, any preference yet?

Board footer