uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-19 15:10:06

Drassen

It's finally over.....Norton 360 Premium is only available

Over the last 12 months or so, Norton offered the "opportunity" to move over to their 360 product at no cost. I was even able to renew my old subscription directly from Norton about 2 months ago without having to move over to the new product.

However, I received an email from them today saying I will be automatically moved to the new product within a few days. Some will say "But there's no charge, why are whining?". The answer to that being the Norton 360 products take up more system resources, and from the various reviews (e.g. AV Test and AV Comparatives) I've seen over the last 12 months, it is in many ways an inferior product compared to what I now use. However, the new version gives Norton the chance to make more money by nagging me to pay extra for things like VPN, Cloud Backup, and their Life Lock monitoring services.

#2 2021-02-19 15:11:19

Ollester

Re: It's finally over.....Norton 360 Premium is only available

Got an unusual email today from Norton stating: "Your default payment method failed" .... mad

My subscription is good for awhile yet and I didn't authorize any charges. I'm not happy.

Any thoughts as to whose AV I should switch to? big_smile

#3 2021-03-02 05:40:50

Drassen

Re: It's finally over.....Norton 360 Premium is only available

Bitdefender and Kaspersky consistently rate high as well. However, Kaspersky is often priced high compared to their competition, and depending on your viewpoint, could be a cause for concern based on their location.

https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/

https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/r … -may-2020/

Depending on the price when my current Norton subscription is up (194 days left), those are likely the three I will decide between. If renewing Norton directly through them is too expensive, I'll move on since I can't buy a license from other retailers anymore.

Board footer