uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-15 20:46:51

thrive

Still not Using Idyll browser read this warning News

Security warning! 2.5 billion Google Chrome users' data is in danger.

Google Chrome is a popular web browser used by billions of people worldwide. In a grim episode of security breach, Imperva Red – a cyber security firm has detected a flaw in Google Chrome and Chromium-based browsers, risking data of over 2.5 billion users. Dubbed CVE-2022-3656, this vulnerability allowed for the theft of sensitive files, such as crypto wallets and cloud provider credentials, the firm says.

“The vulnerability was discovered through a review of the ways the browser interacts with the file system, specifically looking for common vulnerabilities related to the way browsers process symlinks," the blog reads.

This is one of the reason you need to consider privacy service provided by Utopia p2p ecosystem.

#2 2023-01-15 21:03:30

oba

Re: Still not Using Idyll browser read this warning News

Since vulnerabilities are always found in browsers, could there be something these people are not telling us about the Chrome browser? I hope the Utopia development team can make the Idyll browser compatible with all websites so we can switch to it entirely.

#3 2023-01-19 15:49:28

KAMSI_UG

Well I have not used Idyll browser yet but I have seen someone that has used Idyll on the Utopia p2p ecosystem but none of them has every complained of insecurity.

#4 2023-01-29 15:45:55

thrive

oba;3210 wrote:

Since vulnerabilities are always found in browsers, could there be something these people are not telling us about the Chrome browser? I hope the Utopia development team can make the Idyll browser compatible with all websites so we can switch to it entirely.

There chance that there's something they are not telling us but only someone who has reviewed their source code can tell and the vulnerability with the inclusion of other issues is the reason why some private user never use the Chrome browser .

#5 2023-01-29 16:48:30

IyaJJJ

KAMSI_UG;3579 wrote:

Well I have not used Idyll browser yet but I have seen someone that has used Idyll on the Utopia p2p ecosystem but none of them has every complained of insecurity.

Oh my God. There's someone on the Utopia p2p application client who never uses their Idyll browser before. I will advise you just visit the uCatalog and uMusic channels.

Board footer