uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#26 2023-01-28 17:49:06

IyaJJJ

Re: Why no PM on this forum?

thrive;3812 wrote:
IyaJJJ;3807 wrote:

No matter the feature that will be added to this forum we don't need any regulatory body. Why? Because this is a privacy focus project.

You seem to be a new user. Welcome on board.
I also don't support the act of the regulatory system because it is totally against the practice and concept of decentralization and privacy which are the major priority of the Utopia p2p ecosystem.

Yes, I am a new user but I am a fast learner. I join days ago and I have join the Utopia p2p ecosystem last year. Although I don't much attention to basic learning about the ecosystem until see privacy is really needed.
What is your side about the PM request?

#27 2023-01-28 18:31:03

thrive

IyaJJJ;3945 wrote:
thrive;3812 wrote:
IyaJJJ;3807 wrote:

No matter the feature that will be added to this forum we don't need any regulatory body. Why? Because this is a privacy focus project.

I also don't support the act of the regulatory system because it is totally against the practice and concept of decentralization and privacy which are the major priority of the Utopia p2p ecosystem.

Yes, I am a new user but I am a fast learner. I join days ago and I have join the Utopia p2p ecosystem last year. Although I don't much attention to basic learning about the ecosystem until see privacy is really needed.

Oh Ok. Just like you have a reason to join the Utopia p2p ecosystem, I also believe many people will join and before that happen i have seized the current opportunity and the privacy provided by Utopia P2P is the reason why I join.
Having said that, I support the integration of PM to this forum

#28 2023-01-28 18:58:11

full

thrive;3951 wrote:
IyaJJJ;3945 wrote:
thrive;3812 wrote:

Oh Ok. Just like you have a reason to join the Utopia p2p ecosystem, I also believe many people will join and before that happen i have seized the current opportunity and the privacy provided by Utopia P2P is the reason why I join.

I also supported the notion of the forum having PM features but I think the PM should available for users that have to send 10-20 messages on this forum. This is what I believe.

#29 2023-01-28 20:28:45

IyaJJJ

When I join this forum, I learn that this was the exact idea introduced by the original poster of the Qatar World Cup prediction and I support the idea since it appears to be something that this forum needs.

#30 2023-01-28 22:24:33

oba

full;3955 wrote:
thrive;3951 wrote:
IyaJJJ;3945 wrote:

I also supported the notion of the forum having PM features but I think the PM should available for users that have to send 10-20 messages on this forum. This is what I believe.

Hmm. This idea is good and from what I see it will also help the forum gain more messages from new users who don't like being restricted from PM on the forum. Nice one and I hope the development team will do as you said.

#31 2023-01-29 18:11:03

IyaJJJ

thrive;3951 wrote:
IyaJJJ;3945 wrote:
thrive;3812 wrote:

I also believe we need the PM features added to this forum but I once read that the developers are working in a way that has limits in developing this project. I believe they will add the PM feature when its time.

#32 2023-01-29 19:01:48

full

oba;3992 wrote:
full;3955 wrote:
thrive;3951 wrote:

Hmm. This idea is good and from what I see it will also help the forum gain more messages from new users who don't like being restricted from PM on the forum. Nice one and I hope the development team will do as you said.

Yes, the people who dont like the PM feature restriction make the required messages and as a user said above this was the exact strategy used in the World cup winner prediction contest.

#33 2023-01-29 19:09:47

Dozie

As I am a new member here and generally to cryptocurrency the option of a private message would have really been very helpful for me as I would be able to get more private schooling.

#34 2023-01-29 20:21:32

joanna

Dozie;4078 wrote:

As I am a new member here and generally to cryptocurrency the option of a private message would have really been very helpful for me as I would be able to get more private schooling.

Private messaging will be helpful to every user of this forum but certain restrictions need to be implemented to avoid people that will create a throwaway account abusing the private messaging feature.

#35 2023-01-29 20:27:58

Lanistergame2

joanna;4113 wrote:

Private messaging will be helpful to every user of this forum but certain restrictions need to be implemented to avoid people that will create a throwaway account abusing the private messaging feature.

Maybe a default feature that limits brand new members from messaging other forum members until xx days spent on the forum. This would limit any spam messaging from bot accounts.

Of course one can choose to toggle the feature off and on.

#36 2023-01-30 15:24:25

CrytoCynthia

Lanistergame2;4118 wrote:
joanna;4113 wrote:

Maybe a default feature that limits brand new members from messaging other forum members until xx days spent on the forum. This would limit any spam messaging from bot accounts.

Of course one can choose to toggle the feature off and on.

Yes this would be the best because brand new member may not have fully understood the forum and they would require time to actually build and get to know more about the forum.

#37 2023-01-30 17:32:37

Kelechi

Well I can understand that the team are skeptical about the introduction of private message in the forum because there are chances some people may abuse it

#38 2023-02-01 21:52:39

KAMSI_UG

Guys Utopia p2p has a client application where you have your individual channel name and can also be PM through that means although I don’t use this option that why I  am still waiting for the Utopia p2p pm to be available.

#39 2023-02-01 23:22:47

level

Kelechi;4174 wrote:

Well I can understand that the team are skeptical about the introduction of private message in the forum because there are chances some people may abuse it

Apart from the point that, some people abuse the sending of the personal messages if the development team adds it. It will somehow make this forum to be less decentralized and secure.
Talking to any user in public seems better than PM.
I am just saying my opinion though if the development team sees it as something we needed they will add it.

#40 2023-02-02 18:50:02

Kelechi

level;4397 wrote:
Kelechi;4174 wrote:

Apart from the point that, some people abuse the sending of the personal messages if the development team adds it. It will somehow make this forum to be less decentralized and secure.
I am just saying my opinion though if the development team sees it as something we needed they will add it.

Well the main issues that forum who has implemented the private message system has right now is that some people actually abuse the system and I don't know the reason Utopia has for not having a private message system yet but that could be the reason.

#41 2023-02-02 23:50:03

thrive

Kelechi;4400 wrote:
level;4397 wrote:
Kelechi;4174 wrote:

Well the main issues that forum who has implemented the private message system has right now is that some people actually abuse the system and I don't know the reason Utopia has for not having a private message system yet but that could be the reason.

Wait. Is the private messaging implemented because i don't see it from my end or are you trying to say the reason why the development hasn't added private messaging is to prevent abusers?

#42 2023-02-04 18:17:50

KingCRP

thrive;4477 wrote:
Kelechi;4400 wrote:
level;4397 wrote:

Wait. Is the private messaging implemented because i don't see it from my end or are you trying to say the reason why the development hasn't added private messaging is to prevent abusers?

No mate for now there is no private message implemented yet and we all just like you are trying to see if the private message option can be implemented by the team because it would really help us all.

#43 2023-02-04 19:58:24

KingCRP

The private message would not be a pressing issue as for now the forum is materializing and not much private interactions are needed and besides Utopia p2p has a client option.

#44 2023-02-04 20:15:53

Kelechi

KingCRP;4652 wrote:

The private message would not be a pressing issue as for now the forum is materializing and not much private interactions are needed and besides Utopia p2p has a client option.

Well the private message would be needed if not now it would in the future because not everyone is on the Utopia p2p client and probably some people would not want to identify on both places.

#45 2023-02-04 20:51:19

Dozie

Private messages would be necessary only if it's properly done with all process and procedures put in place, the pm mode should not be available to brand new users.

#46 2023-02-04 21:11:45

KAMSI_UG

Dozie;4670 wrote:

Private messages would be necessary only if it's properly done with all process and procedures put in place, the pm mode should not be available to brand new users.

Firstly have you had any reasons to message anyone here in the forum since you joined in? And I mean very important reasons to do so? I believe if anyone has an issue they can post it here.

#47 2023-02-05 19:50:05

KingCRP

Dozie;4670 wrote:

Well private messages can’t be regulated once it’s implemented except it’s limited to some certain members of the forum, another way is to make the option of ignoring a users.

#48 2023-05-26 13:58:27

crpuusd

KingCRP;4804 wrote:
Dozie;4670 wrote:

Well private messages can’t be regulated once it’s implemented except it’s limited to some certain members of the forum, another way is to make the option of ignoring a users.

Utopia p2p has been a wonderful site from the day one, and it a great job well done for keeping everyone safe till today.

#49 2023-05-29 22:47:58

Europ

KAMSI_UG;4677 wrote:
Dozie;4670 wrote:

Firstly have you had any reasons to message anyone here in the forum since you joined in? And I mean very important reasons to do so? I believe if anyone has an issue they can post it here.

Private message may also be essential as well in other to notify users of any thing, speaking from admin to users. Cause you can't receive a private notification in a public forum. And if there is any means the admin uses to contact users then its okay with that.

#50 2023-05-30 20:37:47

KAMSI_UG

Well Utopia p2p is not like any other forum it actually values privacy and security here so I don't think there would be any chance for a private message option.

Board footer